Ongoing DDoS Service Impact

Cyan

On 11/7/2017 at 4:44 PM, FrozenB said:

Well..the GMs from this game may not know because it could be the players from other NCsoft's games because all of their games share same server.

There has to be a reason why people do DDOS attack on this company's server. Last year, we also had a DDOS attack and it co-incidents with the massive bans of players who did major exploits in the game.

If they all share same server, then why weren't other games having an issue? Everyone I know in AION had 0 problems whatsoever. That doesn't make sense to me. In fact the reason I doubted it's DDoS because nobody outside of BnS are being affected. 

Interesting how it's always NA getting a DDoS and nobody else...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, Elysienna said:

If they all share same server, then why weren't other games having an issue? Everyone I know in AION had 0 problems whatsoever. That doesn't make sense to me. In fact the reason I doubted it's DDoS because nobody outside of BnS are being affected. 

Interesting how it's always NA getting a DDoS and nobody else...

Right now, are you sure the lag you get right now is from DDoS? If it is DDoS, everyone (doesn't matter where you are from) will be affected. Even if you use ping killer such as wtfast or pingzapper you will also be affected.

It may be due to the routing between the server and your ISP. Can it happen suddenly? Yes. I am an example. I played this game more than 1 and half year. For past year, I didn't have any ping issue (100ms-150ms). The ping was pretty stable. However, the ping started to behave weirdly during this summer (always jump from 100ms to 300ms or even up to 5k ms) while other people in the game have no ping issue at all. I didn't change my internet provider, but it seems like majority of players from my region were also affected suddenly. So, it may be due to the routing between internet provider and game server. Right now, I have to use pingzapper to play this game. It doesn't reduce my ping, but at least it is stable and doesn't jump often.

Maybe you double check with other players from same location as you to see if it is the ISP routing problem. If it is, there is nothing they can do about it.

Another way to check it is to use pingzapper (since it is free for 7 days) to see if you still have ping jumping issue. If your ping remains stable after couple days of in-game experience, then close the pingzapper and use your internet directly, if it starts to have ping jumping issue again, then it is your ISP's problem.

On 11/6/2017 at 10:13 PM, LordGainz said:

It just unbelievble that even normal player/people are even trying to HELP YOU! Solve your own problems!

not going to get on whether it is DDOS or not, except to ask is it still only EU servers? or has it begun on NA servers as well? Should i wake up early on Dec 6 to travel to Solak?

As for the quoted portion, even on Twitch with their Partners, someone gets paid a little money for something they used a computer for they think they know everything about computers, the internet, etc; while half the people don't and try using these experimental programs to run servers instead of finding something stable. the script-kiddies/millinial dont have time to actually learn anything because as George Carlin said about their parents "These Baby Boomers were handed everything and they took it, and they jsut want more and more without having to do anything to get it, they think it is owed to them", and that has been passed down to their kids.

You have DDoS attacks since its launch and 500 ms, please do a favor to humanity sell the company to trained people, and all the employees, from DeVs and Gm, CM and customer assistance go to work on a telepizza, which more suited to their possibilities and training.

Scammers

Welp, it's then a very huge coincidence that my ping was always under 100ms then when ddos hits I get a massive ms spike to 500-1000 that makes the game unplayable that STILL hasn't gone away, that BNS Support checked and couldn't find it to be on my end. ( To those of you saying ddos is over) 

Even if it's not to do with bns it has to be something affected along my route to it then by the ddos, nothing else makes sense to me and either way I can't control it. 

I tried pingzapper, Wtfast, and a vpn. Not enough change to make it playable.  ( am in NA)

my ms also has been high the past week for no reasson and no change from my end from a 100-130 which is fine since it doesnt spike now i have 200+all the time with spikes to 300. So this is like 1 week we can play normaly and the other lag and fall behind ? ...

7 hours ago, weFA said:

my ms also has been high the past week for no reasson and no change from my end from a 100-130 which is fine since it doesnt spike now i have 200+all the time with spikes to 300. So this is like 1 week we can play normaly and the other lag and fall behind ? ...

one night my ms was 4000... 

• 3 weeks later...

honestly latency has been an issue far before DDOS attacks, i've seen on forums that people all in NA have high latencies, hell even in Austin (where i believe their servers are located) still have latencies over 100. They're not gonna fix the ping/latency issues they're just gonna fix the disconnecting problems and call it a day

Archived