Ongoing DDoS Service Impact

Cyan

• NCSOFT

Hello all,

We’re aware of ongoing distributed denial of service attacks directed at our games and are working to mitigate them. If you’ve been experiencing connection drops or sporadic high latency, please know that we’re closely watching the situation and reducing game service impact as much as possible. We'll be posting updates on the @BladeAndSoulOps account on this and any other service impacting issues.

If you’re experiencing connection or latency issues which you believe to be outside of these attacks, we ask that you please submit a support ticket so we can collect additional information.

We appreciate your understanding and patience.

• Cyan pinned this topic
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

understanding and patience only goes so far. Its becoming unfun to play and it always seems to happen to me when im doing stuff i need to do like farm ToI and peaches for my badges. -sighs- Strangely i dont mind it in dungeons and normal stuff but when you have a timer in ToI and it happens then you find yourself dead cause of it or time ran out. Peach farming is taking longer too because of it.  Its been a week ongoing now almost, ive seen this before but never lasting this long in a game.

If your upstream provider (ISP) hasn't been able to mitigate the impact of the attacks at all after over a full week, leaving people questioning whether anything is being done at all, or whether it's an internal server problem rather than a DDOS like you say it is, then it's time to find a new upstream provider (ISP).

For god's sake, it's not a DDoS. The pattern suggests that it is a scheduled system process on the server, rather than a DDoS. Someone else posted something, but it looks like you guys deleted it. Whoops, I still have it. Accountability is very important. Be honest with us.
unknown.png

1 hour ago, xBunnie said:

For god's sake, it's not a DDoS. The pattern suggests that it is a scheduled system process on the server, rather than a DDoS. Someone else posted something, but it looks like you guys deleted it. Whoops, I still have it. Accountability is very important. Be honest with us.
unknown.png

It just unbelievble that even normal player/people are even trying to HELP YOU! Solve your own problems!
People really like the game. Thats why they even try to help whatever they can. Just hope your doing your part as well. Knowledge and dedication to them with outmost respect here.

Dont know if really help much. But maybe let google be your provider(or thr ISP provdr)? It works much better as region based content for NA and EU as we build for. And they also have strong and very flexably service around the world. Be it close or bit further range. By partnering with them, not only you getting very good and stable low ms/ping regardless for example always for users region EU location towards (DE)frankfurt or/and Fr ms 30-40 mn. Even recalling friend told for example TW vers even has google analytics messages on their own reg. Having them as partner also protects you well for ddos impacts. Best of Luck, Really like your games. Hope you able fix these.

I really wanted to farm the Halloween event because I have no received any of the new halloween cosmetics but this on-going DDOS is making it very difficult for me to run anything. I have not been able to run anything for almost a week. Kind of upsetting since I like collecting cosmetics.

A week since the issues started. I've seen better performance in the game now lag spikes are shorter nevertheless they are commoner (no each 20 min). I hope we get some kind of compensation because even though it's not your direct fault we (premiums) are paying for a benefit we can't get because of these attacks. 

Some of my friends say it's gotten better, but I still can't run dungeons like Ebondrake or Desolate because if I get near a boss my ms goes over 1000. I can't fight the in game bosses at celestial either. It's hard to enjoy like this. 

15 hours ago, xBunnie said:

unknown.png

well i see ppl talk about this 20 mins stuff in dungeon and faction chat...at first i though they just joking but turn out its true tho...

For me, my ping is pretty stable through-out my 6 hours of game player last night. (yes, during weekend, it was horrible with ping spiking every 20 minutes)

If you guys still have ping stability problem, I would suggest you guys to try the ping killer software like wtfast or pingzapper. As far as I know, people using these ping killer softwares have stable ping now, but people without them are still suffering from lag spikes (especially in cross server).

You're really doing anything about this problem? I'm tired of play without can use skills, disconnect issues and high latency, ms delay. I'm just stopping of play this game until you fix these problems.  Blade and soul is a great game, but these problems with servers aren't a new history.

13 days and counting.. Ive got so many screenshots of this crap.. Ive decided to not play the 8-10 hours I used to play. I have also decided not to spend any real money. So aside from dailies and raiding.. Im playing another game that takes up my time.

• NCSOFT
19 hours ago, xBunnie said:

For god's sake, it's not a DDoS.

No, the person you quoted is mistaken. DDoS attacks can and usually are precisely timed, and can be carried out in variable intervals. Appreciate the intent to help and identify the issue, though. We do have ongoing mitigation in place and are working to minimize impact as much as possible, you may be seeing some improvements, but as we continue to monitor we would appreciate updates on how it's impacting you and your play time.

People ask for NC to post an update regarding the issue and addressing it. Then when they do, some people complain and try to bicker. 

Thanks for at least addressing the issue, hopefully it's resolved soon and things can ease up. 

1 hour ago, whippleshuffle said:

No, the person you quoted is mistaken. DDoS attacks can and usually are precisely timed, and can be carried out in variable intervals. Appreciate the intent to help and identify the issue, though. We do have ongoing mitigation in place and are working to minimize impact as much as possible, you may be seeing some improvements, but as we continue to monitor we would appreciate updates on how it's impacting you and your play time.

I'm pretty patient, but after a week+ of complete and utter trash performance I do start to wonder what exactly you all are doing.  I've got 100 ms in game and it feels like i am playing with 500.

Well..the GMs from this game may not know because it could be the players from other NCsoft's games because all of their games share same server.

There has to be a reason why people do DDOS attack on this company's server. Last year, we also had a DDOS attack and it co-incidents with the massive bans of players who did major exploits in the game.

28 minutes ago, FrozenB said:

Well..the GMs from this game may not know because it could be the players from other NCsoft's games because all of their games share same server.

There has to be a reason why people do DDOS attack on this company's server. Last year, we also had a DDOS attack and it co-incidents with the massive bans of players who did major exploits in the game.

Maybe, but I think it could be related to the official release of other well know game today (11/7) which I wont cite the name. It isnt uncommon those attacks bettween different companies, pservers, etc. For sure isnt the first and not the last we will sufer from.

Is the "DDOS" also the reason why my fps has been terrible?
Before the DDOS (which I think started on Halloween), I'd have pretty good fps (80+). Now I get like... 15-25, 30 if I'm lucky when I'm doing dungeons and stuff.
;-; It's super annoying.. 

45 minutes ago, fruiteaterz said:

As far as I can tell we at eu region haven't noticed any latency issues whatsoever. Got even less DCs than ever in a week past last wednesday's maintenance. Are you guys sure this is a DDOS? Maybe its the servers acting up at NA.

Lucky you. I am at EU and right now I cannot even log in the game because the launcher cannot find the update server. 

19 hours ago, whippleshuffle said:

I would have appreciated compensation. Because of *your* problems, I couldn't farm the merchant to get my purple hat. The lag just ruined everything. But the thought of 72 hits a day, in such precisely timed intervals... I smell fish. If someone actually did time things so well, the computer nerd in me is oddly satisfied.

Archived