Love the game but 6s (WWV & Beluga) have me very frustrated

Inzho

I will be up front. I do not have the best gear (galaxy weapon, wwv ss etc) but I am not a whale. I can occasionally spend a few bucks for nCoin but not to whale out. My issue is not my gear or anyone else though. My problem is the match making system. Almost every single game repeatedly I get put on the worse of the two sides. Perhaps one in every 10 matches I get on a side that has a chance of winning but most matches my team is the one that ends up with only 5, the only HM7 or one player with nice gear while the other team has 4 players with nice gear.

I am now at the point of questioning wether I am the only person who is experiencing this. Currently just working my way to full beluga ss and I am just so very frustrated to the point of giving up. I'm not begging for a win. I'm just wondering how it is that almost every single match I am on the weaker team. ALMOST EVERY SINGLE ONE! Every day all the TIME. I know my rng blows like how I get nothing of value from Ghoulish boxes or Merchant but I can live with that. BUT HOW DOES MATCHMAKING WORK? Its driving me insane. I am seriously at a complete loss. 

Look around more before asking next time. It is a really big deal here and NC knows this for sure but they won't do anything about it far as I can tell. I'm a pvp Arena player so I don't set foot in a place like that due to what you and the millions of people making post about this on getting 1 shot from whales and whatnot.

You can only do 2 things at this point. Deal with it and keep trying or stop and do something else, idk what but something.

Whales own that place for obvious reason and if NC removes or does anything like making the game more even/fair will only make whales cry and not PAY for anything again just to kill someone in a dang game.

They need to do make pvp equalized regardless of kids paying money for gear, the amount of topics about this and people can't get what they need due to others giving up and afking is just sad and ridiculous.

Yeah, its been brought up before, a long time ago.  If they had a fair system more people would use it.

1. A simple matchmaking algorithm like I suggested before:
  2. For each person calculate AP + Crit def + HP/110 + 6v6 ELO or something like that.
  3. Rank all people by that score 1 - 12
  4. Divide up teams to even ranks by points:
    • Team A:  1, 4, 5, 7, 10, 12  (Total rank points = 39)
    • Team B:  2, 3, 6, 8, 9, 11 (Total rank points = 39)

Equal rank points means fairly even teams.  I would think that with a system similar to this people wouldn't end up loosing most of the time.  It can't be that hard... or we're just meant to be whale food like Dad said.

31 minutes ago, Buzzirk said:

Yeah, its been brought up before, a long time ago.  If they had a fair system more people would use it.

1. A simple matchmaking algorithm like I suggested before:
  2. For each person calculate AP + Crit def + HP/110 + 6v6 ELO or something like that.
  3. Rank all people by that score 1 - 12
  4. Divide up teams to even ranks by points:
    • Team A:  1, 4, 5, 7, 10, 12  (Total rank points = 39)
    • Team B:  2, 3, 6, 8, 9, 11 (Total rank points = 39)

Equal rank points means fairly even teams.  I would think that with a system similar to this people wouldn't end up loosing most of the time.  It can't be that hard... or we're just meant to be whale food like Dad said.

thats too complicated. Making 2 new versions of the current 6v6 with equalized gear and stats would be enough to make people play it

They should do alternative 6v6 where ranking is not rewarding BUT where there is a bit of equalization (maybe disable elemental damages?)

They should create another alternative clan 6v6 too which allows multiple groups of same clan to play, but this alternative clan 6v6 doesn't use or modify clan ranking.

That's all. Preserving actual ranking business and making alternatives.

I'm doing 6v6 last night, 2 times party with HM7, six queue with 5 lost and 1 win.

that HM7 become feeder thought with zero dealt damage in the end result

i think the problem is because the FAKE SILVER, i have experience,  we have 4 silver againts 1 silver and we still lost

oh yeah 5 ss elder will bost your HP, try to get that first, u can forge galaxy stone in forgekeeper

For someone that is willing to let myself get beaten up mercilessly in 6v6 just to get the moonstone, it is still awefully tiresome, one can only let themselves get beaten up so much before it get irritating. 

Just need 1 person from the other team that has the gear of a gold ranked 6v6 player in a bronze or silver match is enough to watch the other team get decimated 1v6. It is pretty much in every single match even. 

21 matches straight, only 4 wins. 
[removed broken image - PhoenixMitra]

21 hours ago, Dad said:

...You can only do 2 things at this point. Deal with it and keep trying or stop and do something else, idk what but something.

Whales own that place for obvious reason and if NC removes or does anything like making the game more even/fair will only make whales cry and not PAY for anything again just to kill someone in a dang game....

something else nah? the solution here is to look at your card deck begining of match and go afk if needed... at this point even being geared can make you lose the match, the broken matchmaking is due to the fact that you can enter with some whales friend, i didnt know about that but well people from NCwest never cease to amuse me.... whales own this place and gonna cry/not pay if we balance 6v6..no your wrong, the people exploiting 6v6 to farm moonstone because ncwest to potatoe to fix clan battle or the ones tryharding 6v6 are free2play people playing day & night... whales don't give a*cricket* about battleground, they just pay2win.

I think it is semi company's fault because during the story quest or after you reach certain level, battleground quests will be unlocked. That's when the new players think they can get in to the battleground and try it out, but then find out that it is not possible for them to play in there.

I think they should make the battleground quest unlocked until 1) they have successfully won 100 matches in either 1vs1 or 3vs3 matches in arena and 2) killed raven king 1 time.

1) Winning 100 matches = you get some basic pvp knowledge of your characters. Also, you can gather some pvp soul shields or even unlock some HM skills using the zean beans.

2) Being able to kill raven king in a raid = should be gear enough to participate at bronze or low silver rank.

said it in another post, but 6v6 need fixing.  but i cant seem to get the suggestions to reach any ears at NCsoft.

1) balance who is on what side, many matches i have been in are all from 1 clan on one team, cause they Qed at the same time.  when someone Qed should not affect what side they are on.

2) again, balance, many matches have had raven 9x3 and ascended 6x3 on one side while the other team is hm6s with true every x2 and balefulx2.  kind of a one sided match.  system should take into account gear of the people in the group before placing them on a team so the 2 sides are more ever (atleast gear wise)

3) rank gain/lost, the amount of rank score gain or lost is totally broken, many matches i am x2-3 times higher in kills/captures/damage done and even though i had more dmg taken, died less then the other people. but my team lost and i derank.  system should have your gains or losses based on how you did, so if your the one who did 90% of anything in the match, you should lose minimum if any rank at all cause the lose was not your fault, it was stystems bad RNG for grouping you with hm5s with no gear or skill at all.

4)duo teams should place someone in the higher group of the 2 people, not the lower ranked.  so a gold who wants to smurf and team up with a bronze should be pulling the bronze into the gold ranks, not the other way around.

5)add a time penalty for force leaving a match, many matches i see people leave because its their clan on the other side or other reasons.  then hop right back into a match.  add a time limit after leaving a match to be able to Q up again for a match.  30min at the least

3 hours ago, Baby Vivie said:

said it in another post, but 6v6 need fixing.  but i cant seem to get the suggestions to reach any ears at NCsoft.

1) balance who is on what side, many matches i have been in are all from 1 clan on one team, cause they Qed at the same time.  when someone Qed should not affect what side they are on.

2) again, balance, many matches have had raven 9x3 and ascended 6x3 on one side while the other team is hm6s with true every x2 and balefulx2.  kind of a one sided match.  system should take into account gear of the people in the group before placing them on a team so the 2 sides are more ever (atleast gear wise)

3) rank gain/lost, the amount of rank score gain or lost is totally broken, many matches i am x2-3 times higher in kills/captures/damage done and even though i had more dmg taken, died less then the other people. but my team lost and i derank.  system should have your gains or losses based on how you did, so if your the one who did 90% of anything in the match, you should lose minimum if any rank at all cause the lose was not your fault, it was stystems bad RNG for grouping you with hm5s with no gear or skill at all.

4)duo teams should place someone in the higher group of the 2 people, not the lower ranked.  so a gold who wants to smurf and team up with a bronze should be pulling the bronze into the gold ranks, not the other way around.

5)add a time penalty for force leaving a match, many matches i see people leave because its their clan on the other side or other reasons.  then hop right back into a match.  add a time limit after leaving a match to be able to Q up again for a match.  30min at the least

1) I don't know if you have tried it or not, but quene at the same time won't get them into the same team. It is RNG if they get into the same team. So, it is 50/50 if they are in the same team or in opposite team. Also, if all 4 people want to try to be in the same match, then their rank has to be relative close to each other as well. If you don't want this to happen, try quene during frenzy time when there are much large amount of players quene at the same time. It decreases the chance that they will be in the same match.

2) Matching based on gears don't work because people can switch gears before and after quene. If GMs locked up gear switching in the match, then what happen if players forget to switch from their weapon (AP 1 weapon), then they are basically doomed. Also, there is no way to switch gears in lobby. They have to go back to server or get into a dungeon to switch gears, which take a bit of time if they have long loading screen.

3) I agree with this one. So, you gain and lose more points based on your performance is a good idea, so that at least it encourages people to keep trying even though they know they will lose the match.

4) The duo match up is based on the average of the two player's elo rank. For example, 1 person in gold rank and the other person in bronze rank. Then, the average will be in silver rank. Then, they will be matched with a group of players with silver rank (may have bronze or gold players depending on actual rating number). Even if you are in silver rank and you solo quene, you can be joined up a match with a mixture of gold, silver, bronze rank players. It depends on the overall amount of players quene during that time.

5) The problem with this is that the system can't tell if people force leave the match or disconnect from the match. As you can tell, either way (force leave or disconnect) will give you -30 elo rank penalty. So, you can see how bad is the system. If people get disconnected and then get another 30 min penalty, I think majority of the players will be raging on forum.

Archived