Status of Servers

Fieryfly

Its been 9 days since major lag hit BnS.. 

What is the status on this issue.. 

Ive got a couple dozen screen-shots of this phenomenon..

If it continues much longer the community could consider boycotting any ncoin purchases & the store in general.

That should provide the motivation needed.

4 hours ago, Fieryfly said:

Its been 9 days since major lag hit BnS.. 

What is the status on this issue.. 

Ive got a couple dozen screen-shots of this phenomenon..

If it continues much longer the community could consider boycotting any ncoin purchases & the store in general.

That should provide the motivation needed.

MPI30MH.png

11 hours ago, Pixlel said:

Never DC'd but my ping keeps shooting up to 400 every now and then.

If you want updates on the situation go here: https://twitter.com/BladeAndSoulOps 

They have claimed to fix EU servers on their latest tweet, but are still looking into the lag problems evolved with us.

Except there's been no updates for days. T^T It's the 5th. And some of us, like me, have been dealing with the ddos much longer. For me it's been 10 days ongoing since I put a ticket in. I can't do dailies because my lag is so bad I can't get close to bosses to hit them to get credit or contribute to fights. 

My best guess is they're going to wait to fix it until next maintenance AT LEAST because then they won't have to do an unscheduled shut down. 

Some one in our raid party said" the problem is with GuildWars being on the same server as the rest of its. NCSoft's games.. So what I have gathered NCSocft is so cheap they have crammed all their games on one server..  and when one game has a hiccup.. it can screw with the other games on that server.. 

But its a little more complicated than that.. Its a memory dump.. what causes a memory dump and what does it do for the data streaming from that dump.. can.. people or data streams be interrupted ( dc'd ),  have massive latency times, loss of packets, kernel freeze.. Sure, you bet.. So instead of a steady stream of data we have roughly 20 minutes between dumps.. where we the players can play like there is no tomorrow..  and for 3-5 minutes while the server goes through this lagfest..  we just chill the ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤e out..  have a smoke.. a breath of fresh air..  a snack..  n come back n continue with what ever you were doing.. 

What I do not understand, why is NC Soft so brain-dead clueless about notifying its community is beyond me.. why not just tell everyone what the hell is going on..  for like 10 (@#&$@%) days.. not a damn word.. not a very good way to run a business.. or this is how people run a multi billion dollar gaming company in Korea? Keeping their customer base in the dark.. while shoving goods and services down its throats.. The problem on the (ONE) server is simple.. replace the memory.. separate games, place each one on its own server, You know that is easy to do.. stop ****ing over your community.. well this one fully vetted level 10 paying customer is asking for compensation for the last 10 days and counting on 4 characters for your, NCSoft's inability to notify is customer bases, with the truth about the various games and glitches.. hardware or software related..

Their bottom line is making $$ at the end of the day.. If this problem does not go away like tomorrow.. its customer base.. all the games they offer.. we go on strike.. a spend real money strike.. until NC fixes their servers.

I had under 100ms before all this started though and the game is still unplayable( 300-500ms and over 1000 at bosses). Also, BNS Support checked everything they could on my end and it's not me. Some areas their ping has returned to normal except for some spikes, but some areas like me are still hugely suffering. We can't just deal with it, I can't play at all. 

Hello all,

We’re aware of ongoing distributed denial of service attacks directed at our games and are working to mitigate them. If you’ve been experiencing connection drops or sporadic high latency, please know that we’re closely watching the situation and reducing game service impact as much as possible. We'll be posting updates on the@BladeAndSoulOps account on this and any other service impacting issues.

If you’re experiencing connection or latency issues which you believe to be outside of these attacks, we ask that you please submit a support ticket so we can collect additional information.

We appreciate your understanding and patience.

I was not wrong :) 

I'll quit my sub for now.I'm premium 9 atm.Won't spend anything more on this game until it gets fixed.I been waiting for increased performance and decent game since the beginning.Now we are very far from beta and the game experience is worse every month.Deccide youself what you do with own money.But this situation is not solving at all ,we have our patience on limit now.Solve it or just close the game,or just give it to other developers.Something NEEDS to be done.

u know if the "show FPS & Ping" option is checked, when your MS is lower than 100. Only the FPS will show. But for the past week my MS has been consistently 250-1000...............i just subbed, is there a way i can get a refund? Because watching my character getting claw to death by a bear is not fun.

DDOS attacks not happen @ regular intervals. 14 minutes past the hour, 34 minutes past the hour and 54 minutes past the hour.  People have given BnS solution to solving the issue.. yet they are not dealing with it. 

tick tock.. the more you do nothing.. the more customer base you lose.

On November 5, 2017 at 5:51 AM, Fieryfly said:

What I do not understand, why is NC Soft so brain-dead clueless about notifying its community is beyond me.. why not just tell everyone what the hell is going on..  for like 10 (@#&$@%) days.. not a damn word.. not a very good way to run a business.. or this is how people run a multi billion dollar gaming company in Korea? 

I agreed with majority of your rant aside from this. NCSoft is nowhere near a million, or multi billion dollar company. In fact they said in the past that they can't do everything they'd like to because the fact they don't receive as high of an income as other games or companies. 

1 hour ago, xInikox said:

I agreed with majority of your rant aside from this. NCSoft is nowhere near a million, or multi billion dollar company. In fact they said in the past that they can't do everything they'd like to because the fact they don't receive as high of an income as other games or companies. 

Q1 of NA BNS launch earned NCSoft over $17 million in revenue.  Please tell me more about how they aren't even a multi-million dollar company.  They make far and away more than enough money to not run this game like a slumlord.

22 hours ago, WhiteNite said:

u know if the "show FPS & Ping" option is checked, when your MS is lower than 100. Only the FPS will show. But for the past week my MS has been consistently 250-1000...............i just subbed, is there a way i can get a refund? Because watching my character getting claw to death by a bear is not fun.

Wrong, In-Game ping is server delay and only shows when you use skills, You can have 20k or 1 ms, it won't show if you don't use anything :), Contact support for refund.By clicking here

1 hour ago, SayhaSeer said:

Wrong, In-Game ping is server delay and only shows when you use skills, You can have 20k or 1 ms, it won't show if you don't use anything :), Contact support for refund.By clicking here

thank you so much for the explanation, and the support link. It is a shame that I can't even enjoy this game that ive been looking forwarded to and even got new upgrades for my PC for it. 

Archived