Halloween event question

reichan

Hello guys.

After reading the Halloween event guide I'm a little confused.

I'm only level 46 so I cannot enter high level dungeons like Ebondrake Lair or Shattered Masts. In fact, I think out of all the event dungeons I can only do Blackram Narrows and Tomb of the Exiles (I'm not sure if Blackram Supply Chain works for the event too?).

My question is: does the Merchant of Wonders sell Halloween items on low level dungeons? I'm asking because the only items pointed out for these dungeons in the event guide are stuff the dungeons are already supposed to drop (Burning Flames, Old Stratus Empire Armor...).

I'd find it kinda unfair if there was no halloween drops for low level players...

Didn TOM get moved up to like level 36? last year it was 16 but thanks to kids crying about low levels in that event like it actually affected anything when all we had to do was use a gun and shoot, the level was moved up.

Tower of Memory this year was actually meant to be level 50 restricted but NCSoft West messed up and didn't make the adjustments correctly before the patch and as a result players could enter ToM from level 16 onward like it was last year.

Events are pretty much becoming non-accessible to low level characters.

11 hours ago, Syphin said:

Tower of Memory this year was actually meant to be level 50 restricted but NCSoft West messed up and didn't make the adjustments correctly before the patch and as a result players could enter ToM from level 16 onward

I doubt this. The way ToM is set up, level is irrelevant, so there's no reason to bar level 16s. The biggest problem I saw this year was people refusing to pick up the guns.

1 hour ago, cache22nz said:

I doubt this. The way ToM is set up, level is irrelevant, so there's no reason to bar level 16s. The biggest problem I saw this year was people refusing to pick up the guns.

He's correct, it was stated in the stream that it was a lvl 50 only dungeon. But apparently they screwed that up.

I stand corrected. I'm inclined to think whoever was doing the stream had the wrong end of the stick, though, as there's really no reason to bar lower levels from ToM. Half my alts were sub-50 at that time, and they all contributed as much to the event as anyone else in the party.

1 hour ago, Quantum said:

He's correct, it was stated in the stream that it was a lvl 50 only dungeon. But apparently they screwed that up.

Actually the most likely thing that happened is they gave the wrong info in the stream.  It was probably intended to be 16+ all along but the devs on stream don't know their own game.  They've given us the wrong info on a lot of things in stream.

The website post for the Tower of Memory event stated level 50 first but was changed to level 16 after they realised the error. The reason why new characters who completed ACT IV during the event received 65 Memory Bells was because it was initially intended for the event to be level 50 capped and those 65 Memory Bells to compensate new characters for not being able to do the Tower of Memory event while they were leveling.

Next Tower of Memory event will most likely be level 50 capped as the most recent one was supposed to.

Archived