Leeches, AFKers

Fynn58

Why doesn't Blade and soul come up with a way for parties to get rid of players who just Leech or join a party and go AFK( either in dungeon or at the X-server zone).  These people short the party of an active player and do nothing to enhance the game play ...  Parties as it stands now can only vote out off-line players...  something need to be done

There should be an option to:

Report afk players.

Report trolls.

Report Loot Ninjas.

Report leechers.

Oh wait! THERE IS! so why we have this discussion via forums? 

Rhetorical questions it seems.

Because we can argue that the player was afk/leeching, etc. when in fact HE/SHE wasn't, why? because we want to cause them trouble... Seriously people, don't like Blade and Soul, then migrate to another game or play the game as it is!

Issue solved.

21 minutes ago, Takemikazuchi said:

There should be an option to:

Report afk players.

Report trolls.

Report Loot Ninjas.

Report leechers.

Oh wait! THERE IS! so why we have this discussion via forums? 

Rhetorical questions it seems.

Because we can argue that the player was afk/leeching, etc. when in fact HE/SHE wasn't, why? because we want to cause them trouble... Seriously people, don't like Blade and Soul, then migrate to another game or play the game as it is!

Issue solved.

is there any chance u one of those afkers/leecher since u seems over sensitive about it...ppl like this game that why they want something to be done for this issues...if ppl dont like this game they dont even care about those afkers and leecher duh...smh

1 hour ago, newbiez said:

is there any chance u one of those afkers/leecher since u seems over sensitive about it...ppl like this game that why they want something to be done for this issues...if ppl dont like this game they dont even care about those afkers and leecher duh...smh

See this?

Prime example. You made my argument for me! 

People assume the worst in people, they don't need any evidence of the wrong doing. Aka "Guilty until proven innocent" contrary to "Innocent until proven guilty".

Reasons for being accused of afk/leeching other than the most obvious: 

- Long loading screens. Not everyone owns an SSD, so it might take long.

- High latency. Lag spikes.

- Some important real life crisis. Spilled some hot tea all over my shirt and is burning!!

We need to be nice people and like the loading screen says in game:

We all make mistakes, instead of bashing other people, try to be nice and understanding.

Oh, and there are afkers and leechers. Not saying there are not, just that not everyone is to be accused of this without any proof and bashing at them because you or anyone else feels entitled to do so.

Remember one important factor: this is a game, not just for you, but for them as well, be nice, understanding, respectful, and they will reciprocate 80% of the chance. Be nasty, and rude and they will reciprocate 100% of the time or just ignore you! 

And we wonder why the toxicity levels are so high in Blade & Soul.... is because we have no love/care/patience/understanding for one another.

Tsk... Tsk... is not NCsoft fault, is ours, we should be able to assume responsibility and mature!

I believe people see themselves above others, forgetting that we are all human beings and that nothing is flawless. They behave like B&S is single player game in which they press button and everyone plays perfectly, while they themselves are allowed to make mistake.

Just now, TokyoGhost said:

I believe everything Takemikazuchi said is right on point.

Personally, I believe people see themselves above others, forgetting that we are all human beings and that nothing is flawless. They behave like B&S is single player game in which they press button and everyone plays perfectly, while they themselves are allowed to make mistake. In a way, the more people there is, the less responsibility they will see themselves having(example: in 10 people,1 takes 10% responsibility, while 90% is rest on 9 others).

Aside that, there are factors of people being bored, annoyed and tired of constant grind, but desire for certain item is stronger than desire for self ease...

Good thing is that not everyone is like this. There are caring, understanding and chill people out there that can and love to play and with whose you can play normally :3 its on us to find and befriend them ^^

If only more people like you existed, who see the full side of the cup of tea, we'd have a better community. 

Thumbs up to you. 

40 minutes ago, Takemikazuchi said:

See this?

Prime example. You made my argument for me! 

People assume the worst in people, they don't need any evidence of the wrong doing. Aka "Guilty until proven innocent" contrary to "Innocent until proven guilty".

Reasons for being accused of afk/leeching other than the most obvious: 

- Long loading screens. Not everyone owns an SSD, so it might take long.

- High latency. Lag spikes.

- Some important real life crisis. Spilled some hot tea all over my shirt and is burning!!

We need to be nice people and like the loading screen says in game:

We all make mistakes, instead of bashing other people, try to be nice and understanding.

Oh, and there are afkers and leechers. Not saying there are not, just that not everyone is to be accused of this without any proof and bashing at them because you or anyone else feels entitled to do so.

Remember one important factor: this is a game, not just for you, but for them as well, be nice, understanding, respectful, and they will reciprocate 80% of the chance. Be nasty, and rude and they will reciprocate 100% of the time or just ignore you! 

And we wonder why the toxicity levels are so high in Blade & Soul.... is because we have no love/care/patience/understanding for one another.

Tsk... Tsk... is not NCsoft fault, is ours, we should be able to assume responsibility and mature!

people not gonna assume for the worst if this afk and leecher issues is not serious but too bad this issues is freaking serious and its almost happen everyday

-loading screen usually take below than 5 mins...i have bad fps and bad ping so i know its not gonna take more than 5 mins...more that 5 mins pretty much that player dc or just afk

-high ping and heavy lag? let me give u an example aka gloom...if the player can move to the orb place and do nothing does it consider high ping?heavy lag? and more funny some even move to 2nd orb and boss place and doing nothing just afk there...ah they must be high ping right...can easily moving around but cant dps

-most of ppl in that situation usually they write brb a sec/toilet/someone at the door etc2...not just stand there and write nothing...and mostly those ppl that write their reason usually get back in 3 mins/5 mins unless they have more serious situation irl...

being nice is good but when some sneaky ppl take advantage of that...im pretty much done being nice to those afkers and leecher since now they even criticize those ppl that doing do work...aka "damn u guys so slow dps...i can kill those boss under bla2 mins"...funny part they even bid for loots even tho afk/leech for the whole dungeon run and mad when ppl outbid them..ppl not gonna bashing each others if there is no reason for it...understanding those afkers and leecher? huh?what?

yes this is a game for all...i would be nice,understanding,respectful if they deserve it...why would i being nice etc2 to those ppl that doesnt deserve it? weird right?

and yeah sorry i dont have love/care/patience/understanding left for those afkers and leecher since its already over the limit...im just a normal human being and i have limit for those stuff..

if only ncsoft put a good system to solve this issues it would be great...yeah i know we can take ss/vid to report but its gonna take times...and wait what? how come its ours fault? does those afkers and leecher that love do that in every dungeon everyday its those non afk/leecher players fault????

p/s i dont care if suddenly those new id out of nowhere and support ur arguement...its pretty much i know where they come from...cheers

25 minutes ago, newbiez said:

people not gonna assume for the worst if this afk and leecher issues is not serious but too bad this issues is freaking serious and its almost happen everyday

-loading screen usually take below than 5 mins...i have bad fps and bad ping so i know its not gonna take more than 5 mins...more that 5 mins pretty much that player dc or just afk

-high ping and heavy lag? let me give u an example aka gloom...if the player can move to the orb place and do nothing does it consider high ping?heavy lag? and more funny some even move to 2nd orb and boss place and doing nothing just afk there...ah they must be high ping right...can easily moving around but cant dps

-most of ppl in that situation usually they write brb a sec/toilet/someone at the door etc2...not just stand there and write nothing...and mostly those ppl that write their reason usually get back in 3 mins/5 mins unless they have more serious situation irl...

being nice is good but when some sneaky ppl take advantage of that...im pretty much done being nice to those afkers and leecher since now they even criticize those ppl that doing do work...aka "damn u guys so slow dps...i can kill those boss under bla2 mins"...funny part they even bid for loots even tho afk/leech for the whole dungeon run and mad when ppl outbid them..ppl not gonna bashing each others if there is no reason for it...understanding those afkers and leecher? huh?what?

yes this is a game for all...i would be nice,understanding,respectful if they deserve it...why would i being nice etc2 to those ppl that doesnt deserve it? weird right?

and yeah sorry i dont have love/care/patience/understanding left for those afkers and leecher since its already over the limit...im just a normal human being and i have limit for those stuff..

if only ncsoft put a good system to solve this issues it would be great...yeah i know we can take ss/vid to report but its gonna take times...and wait what? how come its ours fault? does those afkers and leecher that love do that in every dungeon everyday its those non afk/leecher players fault????

p/s i dont care if suddenly those new id out of nowhere and support ur arguement...its pretty much i know where they come from...cheers

1. We both acknowledged the existence of afk/leechers.

2. We both understand each other in terms of identifying an afk/leecher, and steps to ensure that we don't falsely accuse someone.

3. We both disagree on morality clause stated above. You are saying is not our fault, I say it is. NCsoft can give us the tools, but if we choose to kill each other with the tools, then who's the blame? The tool manufacturer or the people using the tools?

4. You seem hellbent on just trashing people for the simple reason of being afk/leeching. Wouldn't it be easier to just: Report them, block them?

5. I do not want to grasp to futility of your claim regarding new ID. Instead of realising that not everyone shares in your beliefs you'd slander someone new to the forums?

Conclusion: people can choose to be jerks and be negative (FYI I hate negativity) always avoiding it.

people can choose to be nice and forgive and let live, ignore the afk/leechers, and move on!

5 hours ago, Takemikazuchi said:

2. We both understand each other in terms of identifying an afk/leecher, and steps to ensure that we don't falsely accuse someone.

3. We both disagree on morality clause stated above. You are saying is not our fault, I say it is. NCsoft can give us the tools, but if we choose to kill each other with the tools, then who's the blame? The tool manufacturer or the people using the tools?

4. You seem hellbent on just trashing people for the simple reason of being afk/leeching. Wouldn't it be easier to just: Report them, block them?

5. I do not want to grasp to futility of your claim regarding new ID. Instead of realising that not everyone shares in your beliefs you'd slander someone new to the forums?

Conclusion: people can choose to be jerks and be negative (FYI I hate negativity) always avoiding it.

people can choose to be nice and forgive and let live, ignore the afk/leechers, and move on!

Thank you for your positive thinking you are a positive guy. Also thank you for reinforcing a negative attitude, that's not very positive of you. Of course people love the positivity of someone taking and advantage of them that's why they will celebrate that with a positive reinforcement. Yes people might be tired of the constant grind and that is everyone fault, not the guy who decides to make's his grind a problem of someone else. And sure everyone has real life problems or spill their tea on themselves but when you do that repeatedly some big moral guy like you choose to believe everybody is will say: ok, i should take care of something else and log off to not burden other people with my problems. Really we should appreciate and concern for people who obviously don't think about us or our well being, that's really a positive way of living being trashed by everyone.

I see people who join parties and stay in Cross Sever Dungeon the whole time  .... they just misunderstood.   People who go into dungeons do absolutely nothing except bid on treasure after the dungeon is finished they just misunderstood too.  Oh take a screenshot and send it to Support ... file a ticket about player.    Been there done that and you know what .... nothing happens because the same people show up and continue to do the same thing.  

As far as people being 80% nice ... funny in most of the PUG parties i've been in they'll kill party members to move faster thru dungeon, leave fallen party members behind instead of helping them,  I've had more players give me grief about going back to Rezz a fallen player than i care to remember and not just from 1 or 2 party members .... i've had entire parties give me attitude for doing it.  Yes there are nice and helpful people in the game and it would be nice if people would just be decent .... but it just doesn't in the game

It's true. I am one of those unluckly players who have a fking looong loading screen and high ping,...

Whenever I enter a game I'm hoping that I will be there for the boss fight in time. And I know that there are many ppl like me. But often ppl accuse me of afking, when I'm not even doing that. The problem is that there are too many laoding screens in game. Mbe BnS should do sth about that

i don't mind waiting for people ... i really don't   but if it take 15 mins to do the loading screen to get into the dungeon ....  you seriously need an upgrade.   Gloomdross, Yeti, Lair of frozen Fang for examples you get into dungeon there are no more loading screens and just standing in the dungeon and doing nothing after you're in has nothing to do with load times

Excuses with long loading screen? Um...what happen when the afkers/leechers starts to bid on the loot from the boss and they were just standing at the portal from beginning to the end? I think there are no excuses in this situation right? 

Just a suggestion to all who doesn't like afkers/leechers. Either you solo the dungeon yourself OR run the dungeon with your friends or clan mates. If all people run dungeons like this, then the afkers/leechers will be just afking/leeching on the other afkers/leechers using LFP button. If you insist on using LFP button to run dungeon, then you should know that 99% of the time you will have 1 or more afker/leecher in the party.

I just got locked out of cold storage because my party decided waiting a few seconds for a loading screen was too much work for them, but passed on all the loot (even though they passed on all of it as well) Simply so that I wouldnt get accused of "Afking". Normally I have no trouble loading in, but the last three days have been hell cross server, and I cant solo on that particular character.

So it would be nice if they could y'know...fix things so that people who are actually trying to play the game dont get punished for something they didnt do.

11 hours ago, Takemikazuchi said:

4:report them will make thing change for the current situation? i mean while we in the dungeon..no right? block them doesnt change anything either

5.i dont care much if ppl beliefs it or not...slander someone new on the forums? nah usually those new id that appear like out of nowhere its just come and gone like the wind...

conclusion: ppl can choose to be jerks and negative like u said...its all depends on the situations...

ppl can choose to be nice and forgive and let live...again its all depends on the situations...ignore them? they will think they didnt do anything wrong and their species will grow bigger and bigger if we just let it be....

1 hour ago, Inugami said:

I just got locked out of cold storage because my party decided waiting a few seconds for a loading screen was too much work for them, but passed on all the loot (even though they passed on all of it as well) Simply so that I wouldnt get accused of "Afking". Normally I have no trouble loading in, but the last three days have been hell cross server, and I cant solo on that particular character.

So it would be nice if they could y'know...fix things so that people who are actually trying to play the game dont get punished for something they didnt do.

sometimes i dont get bns players mindset...if they see one seflish player start hitting while some party members still in loading screen mode...the others that already inside should not joining and hitting the boss...just let that selfish players hit it alone...its not like that player can kill the boss fast if hit alone...but no...the others join the selfish bandwagon and hit it together...i just dont get it lol...

If your load screens are that long you need to take responsibility for them (if you don't already):

• Tell the party your load screens are long before you enter the load screen
  • Join a clan and work with people who are familiar with your load times and will wait
  • Do not bid if you have not assisted
  • Recruit one player, cancel LFP, tell them you will recruit once you have loaded in. Load in and recruit.

I'm Australian, I have high ping and a potato laptop so I understand long load screens, however expecting five other people to not assume you are afk or leeching when you do not communicate your load screen issues is ridiculous.

My own personal preference would be for the game to issue zero rewards and XP if the player does zero damage, but there are too many conditionals that would make it ineffective (such as true carries, genuine afk needs - ie do you do the  dungeon and ignore your mother calling? Oh hell no, no one needs to go deaf from that lecture, idiots rushing ahead instead to solo instead of waiting, etc).

Almost any system to stop true AFKers and leechers would be ineffective because it can and will catch people with genuine issues who are not taking advantage of others and will be subject to abuse.

2 minutes ago, Maryelle said:

If your load screens are that long you need to take responsibility for them (if you don't already):

• Tell the party your load screens are long before you enter the load screen
  • Join a clan and work with people who are familiar with your load times and will wait
  • Do not bid if you have not assisted
  • Recruit one player, cancel LFP, tell them you will recruit once you have loaded in. Load in and recruit.

I'm Australian, I have high ping and a potato laptop so I understand long load screens, however expecting five other people to not assume you are afk or leeching when you do not communicate your load screen issues is ridiculous.

My own personal preference would be for the game to issue zero rewards and XP if the player does zero damage, but there are too many conditionals that would make it ineffective (such as true carries, genuine afk needs - ie do you do the  dungeon and ignore your mother calling? Oh hell no, no one needs to go deaf from that lecture, idiots rushing ahead instead to solo instead of waiting, etc).

Almost any system to stop true AFKers and leechers would be ineffective because it can and will catch people with genuine issues who are not taking advantage of others and will be subject to abuse.

Just curious. But if the long loading screen is unexpected when you normally load in immediately, then how are we supposed to communicate to the party when its not possible to type during a loading screen? I mean, I get telling people that your loading screens are slow if you already know they are. But that doesn't change the fact that there will be times when you cant predict a slow screen. For example, in my situation with cold storage, the game had been running fine all day, and then, all of a sudden, I hit a weird lag spike where I was getting slow screens, which is not normal for me at all.

People also tend to ignore you when you speak in party and start dungeons like cold storage or heavens mandate anyway :/

I dunno. I just think the mentality of this game is very strange. In any other MMO I've played, you get kicked if you don't wait for everyone to load. In this one its encouraged to rush everything beyond the point of reason.

Just curious. But if the long loading screen is unexpected when you normally load in immediately, then how are we supposed to communicate to the party when its not possible to type during a loading screen?

You can only work with what you know. The suggestions aren't perfect and they aren't for people who have normal load screen times experiencing unexpected high ping. I know I can experience long load screens, sometimes randomly and sometimes consistantly, so I make sure I am the party leader, LFP for 1 person, drag them into the dungeon and recruit once I have loaded. Hope for the best.

People also tend to ignore you when you speak in party and start dungeons like cold storage or heavens mandate anyway :/

I admit I don't often have that issue because I am always the one with the orb.

I dunno. I just think the mentality of this game is very strange. In any other MMO I've played, you get kicked if you don't wait for everyone to load. In this one its encouraged to rush everything beyond the point of reason.

I agree. I think it's stupid to start a dungeon or boss without all loaded in.  The point of forming a party is to work as a party. If someone wants to take off and run ahead, they can solo it by themselves on server AFAIC. It's just bad manners.

Conversely though, if someone is taking 3-5 minutes to load into dungeons as the norm, it is not fair to expect the other five people who are fully loaded in to wait. The person with the potato PC, if doing the DC on F8 with pugs, is essentially expecting 15 strangers to wait on them every single day.

My best advice is to find or make a clan and run with them. My clan knows who has potato PCs and waits for them. Any clan worth their salt will do the same.

10 hours ago, Zagaroth said:

i meet 3 /leecher/afker last night in 3 different dungeon asura/nexus/necro, and i sure its not loading screen, its just lazynes/ignorance/selfish and to many alt

i meet those species everyday xD...since everyday doing purple train dungeon...and pretty much today daily challenge im gonna see em on yeti aka just stand at the portal xD. ..

On 11/2/2017 at 11:15 AM, Takemikazuchi said:

1/ Reasons for being accused of afk/leeching other than the most obvious: 

1.1/ - Long loading screens. Not everyone owns an SSD, so it might take long.

1.2/ - High latency. Lag spikes.

1.3/ We need to be nice people and like the loading screen says in game:

1.4/ We all make mistakes, instead of bashing other people, try to be nice and understanding.

2/ Oh, and there are afkers and leechers. Not saying there are not, just that not everyone is to be accused of this without any proof and bashing at them because you or anyone else feels entitled to do so.

3/ Remember one important factor: this is a game, not just for you, but for them as well, be nice, understanding, respectful, and they will reciprocate 80% of the chance. Be nasty, and rude and they will reciprocate 100% of the time or just ignore you! 

4/ And we wonder why the toxicity levels are so high in Blade & Soul.... is because we have no love/care/patience/understanding for one another.

5/ Tsk... Tsk... is not NCsoft fault, is ours, we should be able to assume responsibility and mature!

1. If someone if indeed afking, they wouldn't ENTER the dungeon and most certainly won't move just close enough to get rewards.

1.1.a An averade 6-7 years old HDD reads with ~65 MB/s. That means it takes ~5 min to read the entirety of the game. Dungeons aren't the entirety of the game.

1.1.b SSD isn't really the issue when loading a dungeon. CPU however, is. Let's face it, if you're sporting some ancient q6600 or similar or even i7 920/940/960 etc, you're not going to have stellar load times. But even then it doesn't take 5 minutes to load a dungeon. I've tried playing this game on a 2,6 GHz Athlon II x4. It's as old as they get and an average loading screen doesn't go for over 40 seconds. HM loads in 15, 8-10 seconds to get from dungeon lobby to cross server room. So yeah, unless people are playing on a stone, the game shouldn't load slow enough for them to load through the entire Incursion for example.

1.2 Latency doesn't impact load times. I saturated both my DL and UL pipes to the max and the game still took less than 9 seconds to load Sogun's Lament on an i7 4790k @16GB ram.

1.3 Until they start afking for the entirety of the dungeon right after they entered.

1.4 There's nothing to understand when someone's afking for the entirety of the dungeon and somehow is in time to bid for the material pouch. Every. Single. Time.

2. Yes, yes there are.

3. It's a game true, but that doesn't mean I will sit there and wait for ten minutes for someone to remember they have the game opened if they're legitimately afk, nor do I have any obligation to carry their worthless presence through any dungeon.

4. They'll keep rising until people stop dead weighting for entire dungeons.

5. Assume responsibility for who? The afkers? The only responsibility I would assume is the one to use the kick function if such was present.

Archived