Still experiencing lag

Jinxae Xu

I have been playing a lot this morning and am still experiencing lag. I know its not my own connection because everything else is running smoothly. This has been going on since yesterday and I am told others were experiencing this. What is going on with the game??

It's not just lag, but the server would be unresponsive for 5-10 seconds at a time. I know it's the server because:

1) Yesterday, while fighting the Aomak boss in Celestial Basin, everything froze for 5 seconds. I thought it was just me, but when it unfroze, everyone died simultaneously - around 15 people - including me. We all said we froze.

2) It just happened again today on the same boss. This time, the boss moved out of range before everything froze. I got to see everyone get sucked in and die all at once. I tried to move away, but since the server was unresponsive, I died as soon as it unfroze.

So we weren't in a party, and I'm know some of the people were from different parts of the world. Many reported freezing. It's not just Celestial Basin either, but all over the map. It's just most evident there when everyone gets lag killed simultaneously.

This problem has been steadily growing and no fix or word of a fix. Since last 2 months I've noticed increased latency, which still has yet to return to normal, as well as huge lag spikes every now and then. These lag spikes are just getting worst and we all know its the servers and not us by this point. I dont care if they need to take servers down for a day or more just FIX THE PROBLEM ALREADY!!!!!

It's a Ddos attack and is affecting not only other major games ( Guildwars2, Wildstar) but also Comcast in the Midwest US was attacked as well and people lost their internet service entirely for a few hours. Guildwars2 reported another Ddos attack just last night. My guess is they won't be able to resolve this for a while. 

Archived