Take out seraph from bots in TOI or...

SemajLian

I hate pvp in this game.

But I could really enjoy TOI:
- clear rank system - you know haw far you finish and this set where you start

- reword are better for me - of course there is no zen been, but tokens after season has good value and reword chest also are good

- other stuff like no waiting like in tag sometimes for 5 min for match, if you win only one round reward is still good (not 222 zen beens vs 22)

BUT!!!
At this point success in TOI is 50% RNG
50% is your equipment, your skill, your internet connection etc
and rest is luck - which bot will be drawn.

And most of reason why is this stupid  seraph weapon which is broken there - for example FM have 3 dash, and 36cooldown veil, and in TOI I can see FMs doing  5 dash in row and having 2 veils in the same moment.

Most of the time I play there on my SF and FM.
Playing there on SF is more or less balanced, but still some classes are crazy annoying.
But if you play there on FM the only way to do new record is having - WL > BD > BM > BD > FM (order could be a little change but people who play FMs they know what i mean)

Destroyer - deflect all the time - if you stop hitting him he stop spinning but if you pres lmb or rmb deflect
KFM - resist non stop - I ask friends who have KFMs, and there is long cool down but not in TOI

summoners - range resist non stop plus tones of roots cc and other things that normally have long cooldown
Sins - this is total cancer and also i have sin and this class normally have cooldown but not in TOI and funy thing is if you see sin and you don't want become more angry and you just want to loose asap - you cant - if you don't approach to sin he will be in loop - flower > decoy > backstep > move forward > decoy > new flower > etc for whole 4 minbut if you approach you are in air combo and he despair until you will be again in air combo

So like i said - this game mode could be really enjoyable but now  haw far I cen go on TOI is pure RNG depend and this is really annoying

And if this bots don't have seraph will be much more fair

or instead choosing on of 3 random extra skill will be better if there will be 3 random opponents and i can choose which one I want fight

You do realize the seraph effect applies on the bots there right? Every hit you do to them gives them a stack so their cd rests are faster. You could do the same and use seraph if you want.

Imo the tower is fine as it is, given i hate pvp but still. tower is supposed to be difficult and not easy. you need proper soulshiled setup and stats to be able to rank good, and ofc skill. gear isnt too relevant as people were clearing tower fine without any elelemntal accessories before.

I used to hate doing TOI...until i hit top 30 for my class *humble brag*   but honestly I like tower as it is now compared to what it used to be, the reward percentages could be much better. Aside from that, its fine, although that 3 choices of class could be nice, but then again people would just choose whats easiest for them to fight and that would negate the point of it.

5 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

You do realize the seraph effect applies on the bots there right? Every hit you do to them gives them a stack so their cd rests are faster. You could do the same and use seraph if you want.

Imo the tower is fine as it is, given i hate pvp but still. tower is supposed to be difficult and not easy. you need proper soulshiled setup and stats to be able to rank good, and ofc skill. gear isnt too relevant as people were clearing tower fine without any elelemntal accessories before.

ToI is broken! It's as clear as day! i'm doing it every single day and it's worse than arena or 6v6.. at least there, your opponent might have some lag, lack the knowledge of his/her skills and so on.

I agree that ToI should be difficult, but com'on, should be like that starting floor 50-60-100 or whatever. That's where you need to worry about certain soulshields and stats and anything else you're thinking of. Sometimes a sin will kick my ass at floor 30..period. just because i'm in insta cc all the time.

in ToI, the bot knows exactly what to use, when to use, just so that you cannot win. The Bots are so well created that they are better than most players out there.

The bot knows when i put on veil, he won't attack. The bot knows when i'm about to use a skill, he will deflect.

As OP said...if you dont hit destro, he wont spin, the second you thought of hitting that lmb, he will spin and you get stun! This happens even before my hit reaches the bot, just insta stun.

Another example: an FM bot - he will get me frozen in less than 1 second and then use skill 1 to stun me. Then 1 second later, he uses skill 1 again to stun me, then again after 1 second. How is that all right? For me as a normal fm player it takes maybe 3 seconds of continuously hitting the same rmb to freeze, right? and hitting 1 that adds another 1second. I don't find that normal and definitely am not exaggerating. 

It would be nice if the bots in ToI obeyed the same cooldown laws the rest of us have. I'd throw a party if that came into effect. I'd bake a pie. There would be cake! Until then, I will continue to hang out in the mid 700s of my class ranking, stress eating brownie dough after being stunlocked for an entire fight.

If i am nt mistaking the bots in ToI are based on actual players and how they play.

In other words the bots play like real players would, example:

No smart player would attack you if you put veil on (so do the bots)

No smart player would attack you when you are frozen (bots dont either)

To forcemaster freeze: dont you get frozen anyway when you hit a fm who has frost orbs? So is it the bot freezing you or you doing it yourself because you dont know how to handle that?

ToI is not broken in the slightest and if you are getting killed by a sin on floor 30 then regardless if they have seraph or not you wont make it anywher close to floor 50 when it starts to get really difficult. If you really get perma CC that just means you have no idea what you are doing and how to play your own class.

High tower floors are meant for people who know what they are doing, you cant just cheese through it. I have it hard on higher floors too, i rage a bit but i still try. Bit by bit i always get 1-2 floors higher than before.

1 minute ago, Maryelle said:

It would be nice if the bots in ToI obeyed the same cooldown laws the rest of us have. I'd throw a party if that came into effect. I'd bake a pie. There would be cake! Until then, I will continue to hang out in the mid 700s of my class ranking, stress eating brownie dough after being stunlocked for an entire fight.

They do obey the same laws, the issue is since the higher bots use seraph and people midnlessly attack them they simply trigger their procs so often that it looks like they have no cd on skills.

Just now, Grimoir said:

They do obey the same laws, the issue is since the higher bots use seraph and people midnlessly attack them they simply trigger their procs so often that it looks like they have no cd on skills.

Ahh, I learned something new! TY for clarifying!

56 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

Do you know that Seraph reset is extremely hard to proc, even if you stand really still and let people hitting you for minutes, assuming you are still alive by the time it procs. When people select the Seraph path, they accept that they won't get any weapon reset, pve or pvp wise, until they switch to Riftwalk or Raven. So saying using Seraph to benefit like Seraph bots are pretty funny, considering how fast Seraph bots can proc the reset

And gear is really relevant in ToI, since the higher you climb, the tougher and hard-hitting bots become. Top-ranking who clear ToI without problem like you said, before and now, is mainly top-gear that can nuke down more than 1-million HP bots in reasonable time.

55 minutes ago, Kozuki said:

Do you know that Seraph reset is extremely hard to proc, even if you stand really still and let people hitting you for minutes, assuming you are still alive by the time it procs. When people select the Seraph path, they accept that they won't get any weapon reset, pve or pvp wise, until they switch to Riftwalk or Raven. So saying using Seraph to benefit like Seraph bots are pretty funny, considering how fast Seraph bots can proc the reset

Exactly !!

and like I said - when I play on my SF more or less I can handle everything the same - in training room I have done every class (except sin) at stage 8 with 3 stars.
But playing on FM some class are impossible - in training room I  done BM stage 9 with 3 stars; BD, WL and FM stage8 3stars, rest only stage 4 with 3 stars except sin because this one 4 stage could do only with 2 star

And every FM I know agree.

And if you want do record it is not enough to win with all 5 opponent - you must 4 times win really quickly because you start 22+ floors lower and if you have bad luck for opponent does not mater if you win because you lose to much time.

Like i said I enjoy this game mode but in this state specially when I play on FM I don't feel that my skill mater, but draw the opponent maters

So if not take out seraph from bot, or give us choose from 3 opponents then maybe rule that you always jump only one floor up and you always start on floor where you finish last time - then maters that can you win with opponent and not that you have not enough time to jump 20 floors up because you have 2 kfms sin and summoner

I have a few things I want to say about TOI:

1. ToI is all about gear and little about skill

2. ToI don't actively mirror players. (that's possible but hardly implemented; I think bots still uses hybrid builds)

3. Bots cheat to make up for their lack of intelligence

ToI  is rigged period.  The Bots cheat...   i've been hit with the same attk 5 times in a row with absolutely no CD by the Bot.  I only go in there to the daily win 3 .... then i'm out.  The Bots pretty much resist any Stun, KD, and Daze but they sure can do it to you.

Archived