Please Nerf VT or give alternative way to get the badges.

AlanWake

11 minutes ago, Arktic said:

Can someone explain why you guys think necklaces are 100% drop rate? Because how I see it VT works EXACTLY like bt. There's 3~4 items that can drop; in bt its 2 rings and 2 earrings of a certain element at each boss. In VT its two necklaces and a badge item. It's rng. In NO WAY are necklaces 100% drop rate. You're just throwing around a percentage when you don't KNOW the exact percentage. Rng is Rng.

I also don't agree with the idea of, if we can't raid we should get it in a 6m dungeon or through feathers/orbs, since you can obtain those so easily OUTSIDE of a raid. 6m dungeons are farmable and raids are not so that's not really an equal standing. If the dungeon was a weekly lockout i'd understand. If it was a token that was dropped from a boss IN VT; like the other BT topic going around where people wanted tokens from killing RK or something, that is understandable since some people do genuinely have bad RNG.

Nothing in these raids are completely needed to complete any content out there except the raid they drop in and future raids. Are they a nice boost? Yes. But if you don't have the time to learn a raid then why should you get the boost without any effort or putting in massive amounts of gold/cash? Like some people here are saying Vt will most likely get a nerf to the point where its like bt. Just wait for it. Or hey to those who are complaining they don't have the time to wipe for hours, it might even be put in TROVE, so now you can use that money youre saying you spend on the game to get it instead. In this game they've made it SO easy to get SO many things, End game gear/badges should not be that easy to obtain. You should NOT be able to get an end game badge just from doing Daily challenge and weekly challenge for a few months. Yes that's a long time to farm a badge, but you're not even FARMING it. You're doing things you'd already be doing for gold/events/mats. So anyone could get these end game items with ZERO to LITTLE effort.

So far, I did 3 VT runs (yes, i started to look for VT raid after 12m raid patch arrived. So, I am not sure what the loots were like in 24m raid.). Just talking about 1st boss, necklace dropped 3 times and orb dropped 1 time. Yes, necklace and orb can be dropped at the same time. So far for me, necklace seems to be 100% drop rate (RNG on which elements it drop), orb is not though.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, FrozenB said:

So far, I did 3 VT runs (yes, i started to look for VT raid after 12m raid patch arrived. So, I am not sure what the loots were like in 24m raid.). Just talking about 1st boss, necklace dropped 3 times and orb dropped 1 time. Yes, necklace and orb can be dropped at the same time. So far for me, necklace seems to be 100% drop rate (RNG on which elements it drop), orb is not though.

I also started after 12m, or started clearing after 12m. I did do attempts in 24m but never cleared, Necklace is not 100% though. In the 4 runs i've done we've had something like 3 necklaces, 1 badge from boss one and 2:2 necklace:badges for two. I didn't know that it could drop both though that is interesting, thanks for informing me. I see how it seems it's 100% to you now

6 hours ago, FrozenB said:

4 runs and all frostburn orb streak, no neck

So yea, it's fking RNG, stop making up those rate of yours.

This topic has been way more retard than what i can endure, lmao. Peace out.

• 3 months later...

update. months has passed and iam still unable to clear stage 1.

every clan/party i go with we just wiping for 3 hours and call the day.

either its a bug/bad rng/tiny mistake/or lag that cause the wipe.

this game in unreal,over 400 hours spent for NOTHING.

please fix your game and stop block good items behind broken mechanics that need to glue our butts to chair 24/7 just to get a slight tiny chance to get.

6v6 became a joke thanks to that. VT badge = win and non VT badge = lose.

its been long enough,bring this badge to 6-man content please.

anyway. unless someone nice here will invite me to raid party that is high chance to clear it will be nice.

but as long as it will not happen,i give up. i rather left behind in terms of gear than suffer from this game.

just for the record,i piled up 20k gold all this time and i cant use it for anything that worth buying,and you know why.

8 minutes ago, Riss77 said:

Just wait for a nerf that happen each time a new raid is introduced.

Or I saw many people selling VT badge/accessory so you can easily get it with your gold.

correct me if iam wrong but as much as i know in KR this raid did not get nerf even after new raid released.

so far i cant seem to buy badge mat iam also afraid of scammers.

Unfortunately, this is a Korean mmo and that means rng is a huge part of it and they won't change that just because western people do not like this type of long ass grinding. Frankly speaking this game was designed and intended for players who have the time to play 10h a day, not 1h a day aka Koreans. That's their main audience and they are known for not caring that much about other regions, as long as those bring in the revenues.

Also when it comes to raiding and raid gear, imo those items are solely meant for players who have the ability  to play long periods of time and have the brains, skill and teamwork to understand and clear such complex unforgiving dungeons. Why? Because those are the most powerful gear in the game and those should not be acquired so easily. And since its a Korean mmo there will be rng side in it as well to make the farming longer. Sometimes unnecessarily longer.

I mean you do not have any reason to play the game if you had max gear after each new patch in 2 weeks or so meaning game would die quite quickly as people would become bored. This type of super hard raids is one way of keeping players in the game, at least for those who like doing really hard and challenging stuff.

To make it short raids are not designed for everyone, especially casuals who can't play that long. This is true in most mmos out there, at least in all the ones i have played.

31 minutes ago, AlanWake said:

correct me if iam wrong but as much as i know in KR this raid did not get nerf even after new raid released.

I don't know about KR but sometimes we still have nerfed version of something they didn't get like the great Realmrift blackram event.

And even if they still don't have a nerf right now maybe it will happen in 2 or 4 new raids, you never know.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb AlanWake:

every clan/party i go with we just wiping for 3 hours and call the day.

That shows how incompetent most people are. VT doesnt need a nerf. It's easy enough after change to 12 man. People even beat it during the one week we got lv. 55+ bosses while being lv. 50 ourself. People do it with alts since many weeks. The mechs aren't that hard. Every single person has just one or two or even none things to do and that's it. It was always good that B&S doesnt have only super easy stuff. They nerfed ALL 6 man dungeon normal modes into the ground because people are complaining all day. And these people also want badges and endgame stuff for free because they can't do a single mechanic.

27 minutes ago, itsjustaFM said:

That shows how incompetent most people are. VT doesnt need a nerf. It's easy enough after change to 12 man. People even beat it during the one week we got lv. 55+ bosses while being lv. 50 ourself. People do it with alts since many weeks. The mechs aren't that hard. Every single person has just one or two or even none things to do and that's it. It was always good that B&S doesnt have only super easy stuff. They nerfed ALL 6 man dungeon normal modes into the ground because people are complaining all day. And these people also want badges and endgame stuff for free because they can't do a single mechanic.

500+ tries and only 5 clears yes thats really easy.

and when did i say i want end game gear for free? they could put it in 6-man or in dragon express to buy for gold + farm able items.

anyway after months of wiping stage 1-2 iam done with this raid for good. hell i been trying to get that badge since this raid been released but enough is enough.

ill just keep my maxed raven gear and keep piling up more gold until there will be something that worth buying.

On 31/10/2017 at 12:36 PM, AlanWake said:

this is just insane. 30 hours+ of just learning and failing just to get a slight chance to get a legendary badge.

why you force people to go raids as a "second job" and not giving any other way to get the latest items?!

a raid should take maximum 90 mins to clear! not more!! we come to play and have fun,not to work and get headaches!! 

iam tired of raid content being way too hard so we forced to super glue our butts to the chair just so we get a low chance to gain some necklace or a legendary badge.

i rather just pay 100$ for badge than going through this hell called "raid" (VT).

the thing is,if you dont go VT at all you will stay behind in terms of gear even if you have 20k gold and 10k ncoins in your account.

WTH ncsoft...

STOP blocking important pve items behind unclearable PVE content!

NOBODY enjoying doing raids specially VT! no one!

iam done with VT for good. i dont care anymore.you want people to suffer for their gears? fine! iam done being your masochist.

I'm with you here, sir. 

These end game raids are a pain. You need high end gear to beat them, BUT you need to beat them "n" number of times in order to get the desired high end gear.  >> where n=∞ 

I'd rather buy Ncoins to get a badge than punish myself in PvE.

But, and this is one bigger "but", we are in a F2P game. And this business model doesn't work this way. Actually I even remember that the official "vision" of Blade & Soul, as a company, was NEVER to allow people to buy for something rather than playing for it (aesthetics and outfits excluded, obviously). Mechanics, gears, anything that gives you an edge or make some difference in your gameplay should never be just sold, avoiding the sinkhole called pay2win.

I can't even bear Khanda Vihar, with 964 AP. For real, this gear progression should be a little tweaked. I don't want all the good, hard-to-get stuff to be just delivered to me in a silver plate. No one wants that. But some crucial PvE content are somehow forbidden to people who dont have 16h a day to play. That's just unfair. I just wanna get back home from work and relax with some friends in a great and beautifully designed game. But I can't. At least not without spending 80% of my free time grinding for essential items.

Well... I'm starting to rant now.

op has a real valid point. I hope NCWest don't overlook this.

Absolutely not.

If you nerf VT to baby tier or put VT gear in F10 then that defeats the entire purpose of playing the game and PvErs like myself would quit instantly. That's not tolerable. Not even in the slightest. Nerfing VT would destroy what little raiding we have right now. Don't be selfish because you don't like trying. I say this as a F2P player who has worked very hard to have the gear I do while only playing about 3hrs a day. Don't be so disgustingly lazy. I'm so sick of NA players wanting to be babied about EVERYthing and demanding ALL content be dumbed down to brainless mush. 

If you have 500 tries and 5 clears, the problem is you and your group. NOT the raid itself.

Yeah learning it was hard, it'll take you practice. But once you get it down it's insanely easy.

If you're having trouble clearing VT, here are the things you can do to get a clear

• Change VT groups - I don't care if you're close friends. If they're still messing up on the same boss 30 attempts later with no signs of actual progression, then you need to find a group that isn't that bad.
  • Watch VT streams - This is VERY important. You will learn what to do from watching others. They instruct each other and learn together and that shows you what YOU might be doing wrong and how to fix it
  • Read guides and share guides with VT friends - Again, raiding and dungeons are easy. Literally, all you have to do is KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING!!!!

I see a lot of people blame the game or NC or anything else they can think of when they mess up. Accept responsibility for once. Admit you're messing up, then go FIX it!
When it comes to Asuras, no, orbs dont just "go through you" You're blocking wrong. Don't cry to me about lag. You're blocking at the wrong time. Adjust your pace. If you lag so hard you can't block orbs then I don't know how you get through normal asura or weekly asura-you rely on getting carried by someone else or something??

Get in discord. Call out orbs. Block them. Share them if needed. Heal. Repeat. Clear! It's that easy.

Please STOP crying at every single dungeon, raid, and event we get. Coming to this forum makes me want to pull my hair out sometimes. They could give us all bikes and I swear everyone here would cry about how riding bikes are too hard and they should just let us sit on skateboards while they pull us along on the floor.

On 10/31/2017 at 6:42 PM, AlanWake said:

i thought the same. but same happened in 4 different raid groups. never ever been in a group that first boss took less then 90 mins.

its just too easy to wipe,way too easy. the slightest mistake and boom. (dont need to tell you how many wipes at 3% i have seen)

and ofc last boss is impossible,no reason for it to be in the client until 400k dps will be mainstream.

In this specific situation, I would say "blame the players, not the game", as mechanics are not made to be impossible. They're just a bit more involving than the mechs of a typical brain dead game (speaking of which, this game is not meant as a game where to shut your brain down completely and enjoy it. If you or anybody else has this misconception, rectify it pronto). Also korean grinders are aimed at niche audience. If you're not part of it, you'll have to either adapt to it to whatever extent you can (for example giving up on the VT badge for now), or playing something else. And that's pretty much how it was since the early 2000's.

And as you abruptly pointed out - the dungeon is not meant for light weights with like 100k-180k dps. People will have to do better than that in order to clear that place. I'm part of that demographic. Do you know what I'm doing about it? Improving my stats, that's what I'm doing. Eventually I'll be good enough to tank the heavy hitting players (I'm a tank, meaning I need to be better than 95% of the players that I'll encounter PvE wise, higher perception, keener reactions, etc stuff that build over time with practice), meaning I'll be able to get into that dungeon and clear it.

From what you wrote in this thread, I think the people you go with don't have the attention span necessary to react adequately to the stuff that's happening in that dungeon. Train them more (but go on "training runs", so people won't stress over whether they are doing things right and can actually focus on doing things right. It sounds dumb I know, but it is how things are, sadly).

This dung realy dont need nerf what you need its team work and mechanics. Those bugs you talk about so far havnt encaunter even once while doing vt runs. There was runs when orbs went through blocks of some ppl but it was only few. Only ppl with main roles cand die during everything: healers,tanks and keepers if one of them dies its wipe.dps just needs to get 1 orb block and do dps thats all. 

I recently started doing healing role on my vt 2 pt. And its realy not that hard. Only keapers and tanks have hardest part there. Also if your ping is high then i will say this your are fakes if you are not dps. And while orbs phase ppl whose turn coming up should stop dps and look for their orb if there is problem with ppl not blocking it.

11 hours ago, AlanWake said:

500+ tries and only 5 clears yes thats really easy.

and when did i say i want end game gear for free? they could put it in 6-man or in dragon express to buy for gold + farm able items.

anyway after months of wiping stage 1-2 iam done with this raid for good. hell i been trying to get that badge since this raid been released but enough is enough.

ill just keep my maxed raven gear and keep piling up more gold until there will be something that worth buying.

I'm going to be blunt here.

If you can't easily kill boss1 after 500 tries, I dare to say that some members of your raid are mentally challenged.  It seems to me that you (I do not know what mistakes your raid makes, so its "you") absolutely do not understand how the mechanics work. 

If you know that you're not the one doing the mistakes, then just DROP that raid - it's obviously filled with people that are unwilling to learn or research. Search for a new raid, life goes on.

You don't even need to be in a coordinated team for boss1. We did boss1 as a random raid in 2 tries, just because everyone knew what they had to do. 

You can't blame your failures on the game. Yes, it has some bugs, but most of em can be worked around. 

Make mistakes, learn from them, don't repeat them.

Why do you want gear without working for it? Do you just want it so that it looks good on your profile and shiny?

People find it fun in doing the mechs and cooperating with people rather than getting toxic and blaming other people in your raid that they're not good enough and berating them.

Not everyone learns at the same pace you do, instead of being butthurt, try to see where the mistake is and tell them what they're doing wrong. If the raid is filled with people who are unwilling to learn or want to just spam buttons, leave it, if you end up finding multiple raids consisting of the same type of people, your luck sucks, either go with people you're familiar with or do some research on the people in the raid you're going to join.

I agree with you it seems an extraordinary stupid to be with 12 people from 4 to 12 hours trying to finish is boss, and been watching stream of koreans trying to make the last boss of the final korea dungeon of 12 people, from 4 to 12 hs glued to the pc, I woke up in the morning and they continued with the boss, the ncsoft have to think that the kids can not be playing so much time with a computer, what's more, I'm going to try to complain to make a control law about the companies that force the kids to this unlimited activity. There are people who have responsibilities work, study, can not force to play strenuous hours to just get an item.

On 31/10/2017 at 6:34 PM, yunxianxiao said:

Necesitas un buen equipo y un buen líder

The majority of the leaders are extremely aggressive toxic fanatics, this is not enjoyed, and seen guys in bt, where the same leaders agreed to take them and then treated them like garbage, for only making a mistake and there are always those who start looking to all the players who have skill if they moved in the morning or if they took the dog for a walk, from the clans that go looking for people to bt, to make it fun, I think that out of 100 clans they found 2 clans with good leaders, unfortunately, the Leaders can not treat people that way, I do not see it well.

22 minutes ago, Sheral said:

I agree with you it seems an extraordinary stupid to be with 12 people from 4 to 12 hours trying to finish is boss, and been watching stream of koreans trying to make the last boss of the final korea dungeon of 12 people, from 4 to 12 hs glued to the pc, I woke up in the morning and they continued with the boss, the ncsoft have to think that the kids can not be playing so much time with a computer, what's more, I'm going to try to complain to make a control law about the companies that force the kids to this unlimited activity. There are people who have responsibilities work, study, can not force to play strenuous hours to just get an item.

Sorry but does NC soft standing behind you with gun to your heads and prevents you from quiting and trying next time?   As for korea lastest raid is actualy buged thats why not much ppl are getting it done and it needs to be fixed first. But for time spend for example in my guild we have decided time stamp in which we do it or if fail redo it most of the time its 2 h time laps after that we just quite and try other day if ppl are wiling to go and try again. And i say this VT bages are not needed to finish lastest dungs its might help for finishing vt last boss but its not needed  for dungs. And no one is forcing you if you dont have time to go and do raids there is non raid path for weapons, BT accesorys are still biss for all dungs we have if you are unable to do vt i see no reason going for it then. Only advice i would say find other pt if same ppl fails/if your shedulle doesnt let you join other raids try creatikng your own with rules like how much time you will spend for it and when you will do there should be ppl who have same problems about raid times like others. Realy my guild isint big but we have 2 VT/SK pts in week. We do it VT 1-2 boss only and main VT1 pt is trying to go for last boss.

31 minutes ago, Sheral said:

If you feel forced to play that long, maybe just drop the game. This is your free decision!

For all the others: As some people already mentioned, preparation is the key so success in an acceptable time frame.

• There are so many guides out there, explaining you the whole mechanics. Nobody is expecting you to clear that raid first try, but if you have no clue what the bosses are going to do AND want to finish in a managable period of time, you're definitly wrong in that place.
  • Also the lack of communication is a no go for end raidcontent.
    • If a person isn't able to understand the raid leader because of language limits, it's not the right raid for this person. 
    • If people can't use voice chat, because they don't want to, an endgame raid is not the right place for them. There are only a few players in BnS who actually could handle a "non-voice-chat" endgame raid and even for them it would result in much more wipes. No offence, but consider to be not one of this players.

20 minutes ago, MantisxD said:

Sorry but does NC soft standing behind you with gun to your heads and prevents you from quiting and trying next time?   As for korea lastest raid is actualy buged thats why not much ppl are getting it done and it needs to be fixed first. But for time spend for example in my guild we have decided time stamp in which we do it or if fail redo it most of the time its 2 h time laps after that we just quite and try other day if ppl are wiling to go and try again. And i say this VT bages are not needed to finish lastest dungs its might help for finishing vt last boss but its not needed  for dungs. And no one is forcing you if you dont have time to go and do raids there is non raid path for weapons, BT accesorys are still biss for all dungs we have if you are unable to do vt i see no reason going for it then. Only advice i would say find other pt if same ppl fails/if your shedulle doesnt let you join other raids try creatikng your own with rules like how much time you will spend for it and when you will do there should be ppl who have same problems about raid times like others. Realy my guild isint big but we have 2 VT/SK pts in week. We do it VT 1-2 boss only and main VT1 pt is trying to go for last boss.

I put it that way I am the legendary magician, the one who controls everything and has power over everything, a way of explaining not for children who do not understand the concept, I put a candy in a certain place but not any candy a legendary candy that only a few will have, for this I put requirements to obtain it, nobody said that I would give it for free, you have to pass the test with certain rules, which are very difficult for people with little requirement but I give you a help because to go through the area where the candy is is very difficult and you will die many times until you even see it, I give you the help that you will be able to revive and return to the area to try again, again and again and again, until your mind tell you having so many things in life I'm wasting my time on this (I clarify to my content pve I'm not interested but the game forces you to do it I am player 6vs6) well once you got to see the candy you realize that there is something wrong in front and that you have to defeat and you go back to the same thing dying again and again and again, when you reached the point of reason, the paradox consumed you and you spent 6 to 12 hours trying to touch that delicious legendary candy: D

1 hour ago, Sheral said:

What kids are you talking about? The game is 18+ rated even in Korea. Putting that aside, your argument makes no sense what so ever. Nobody is forcing anybody to do anything. You as a player have full control over what you do in this game. Just because you want to have an item that is hard to obtain and beyond your(or your team's) abilities, does not mean that it should be made easier. I want to dance some jumpstyle on Everest. Do you think someone is going to pump oxygen up there just cause I want do to something and it's beyond me? Nope. If I want to do that, I'll have to train my body to function more efficiently in a lower oxygen environment.

In other words, if you're incapable of getting the item, you simply won't get it. There is no scenario where you can't get the item and you get it. Except if you have enough gold to purchase a run plus entry fees. But from what I see you haven't considered that possibility at all. From what I hear, a legendary badge goes for 5k gold give or take, 1k gold for 5 entries.

It's the same thing in life. When your TV breaks down and you don't have the skills to fix it, you have two possibilities. You either learn how electronics work and fix it yourself, or you pay a tech to do it for you. If you think you can demand for TV manufacturers to make their hardware "easier" to fix so you can fix it yourself with little to no effort, you're really out of this world. If nothing else people will get a good laugh.

11 minutes ago, MassiveEgo said:

What kids are you talking about? The game is 18+ rated even in Korea. Putting that aside, your argument makes no sense what so ever. Nobody is forcing anybody to do anything. You as a player have full control over what you do in this game. Just because you want to have an item that is hard to obtain and beyond your(or your team's) abilities, does not mean that it should be made easier. I want to dance some jumpstyle on Everest. Do you think someone is going to pump oxygen up there just cause I want do to something and it's beyond me? Nope. If I want to do that, I'll have to train my body to function more efficiently in a lower oxygen environment.

In other words, if you're incapable of getting the item, you simply won't get it. There is no scenario where you can't get the item and you get it. Except if you have enough gold to purchase a run plus entry fees. But from what I see you haven't considered that possibility at all. From what I hear, a legendary badge goes for 5k gold give or take, 1k gold for 5 entries.

It's the same thing in life. When your TV breaks down and you don't have the skills to fix it, you have two possibilities. You either learn how electronics work and fix it yourself, or you pay a tech to do it for you. If you think you can demand for TV manufacturers to make their hardware "easier" to fix so you can fix it yourself with little to no effort, you're really out of this world. If nothing else people will get a good laugh.

always going to see an opposition which gets benefit from this, I do not care, I spend it doing 6vs6 is an opinion, calculating everything as they have opted, is for the benefit they get from the same dungeon, that way they take so much gold and then sell it, because it is to the expectation, but as I said sooner or later only the same players will be exhausted by their own greed.

Archived