Level imbalances in Arena

ARC-1276

So I decided to try out FM PVP at a level that wasn't level 50. The result is simply put, it's impossible to win as a FM at low level without your opponent being completely stupid.

Unless you're matched with someone who knows nothing about PVP, you will lose 100 out of 100 times. The reasons for losing go from the fact that F roll isn't available until level 25 to the fact that your debuffs don't last as long on an opponent. Freeze stack lasts for about 2 seconds and then the opponent can move again, stuns last for only a second (Force Blast stun, not impact), and then there's this weird thing with Frost Burst where the Frost Prison effect only applies for half a second and during the skill they're free to move several times. 

Of course there's the blocking and defensive issues I encountered while playing BM where people would damage me through block.

Now that's not at all a problem if you like playing through the entire story to level up, but for us who love to PVP, it would be nice if maybe our status effects would last as long as they would have at level 50, or if our blocking was just as effective? Because the level differences do impact your performance by a lot. The game is telling you that Arena PVP is end game content, even though you have access to it as early as level 15, and you get quests for it at level 30.

So, are we ever going to fix this, or are we just going to lock the Arena at level 50?

I suspect this is a monetizing aspect.

If you are a pure PvP player there is little incentive for you to spend money on the game once you have all skills and the cosmetics you like. Hence the Insta-50 vouchers and the Duelist bundle are the almost exclusive source of income from PvP players for NCWest.

And they have to earn money somehow, right? ;)

So you either "unlock" your full free PvP game by fast-playing through 4/5th of the storyline or spend some money on the voucher I guess. :/

On 31.10.2017 at 6:23 AM, ARC-1276 said:

So I decided to try out FM PVP at a level that wasn't level 50. The result is simply put, it's impossible to win as a FM at low level without your opponent being completely stupid.

Unless you're matched with someone who knows nothing about PVP, you will lose 100 out of 100 times. The reasons for losing go from the fact that F roll isn't available until level 25 to the fact that your debuffs don't last as long on an opponent. Freeze stack lasts for about 2 seconds and then the opponent can move again, stuns last for only a second (Force Blast stun, not impact), and then there's this weird thing with Frost Burst where the Frost Prison effect only applies for half a second and during the skill they're free to move several times. 

Of course there's the blocking and defensive issues I encountered while playing BM where people would damage me through block.

Now that's not at all a problem if you like playing through the entire story to level up, but for us who love to PVP, it would be nice if maybe our status effects would last as long as they would have at level 50, or if our blocking was just as effective? Because the level differences do impact your performance by a lot. The game is telling you that Arena PVP is end game content, even though you have access to it as early as level 15, and you get quests for it at level 30.

So, are we ever going to fix this, or are we just going to lock the Arena at level 50?

Play BD - easy plat at 25 lvl.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived