Forums

forced pvp

biggenz

anyone else pissed with the devs for forcing us into hours of frustrating pvp in order to unlock HM skills for pve. i get you might want to but me personally i hate the unbalanced pvp in this game, and i hate the fact im forced to do it in order to have full access to my skills.

lawl plz dont act like pve content is hard, you have to have 4500 zen beans, you get 13 for losing -.- if you like to pvp then kudos to you i don't and my deeps is affected bc i dont have access to a skill that is forcing me to pvp in order to unlock it 

3 minutes ago, biggenz said:

lawl plz dont act like pve content is hard, you have to have 4500 zen beans, you get 13 for losing -.- if you like to pvp then kudos to you i don't and my deeps is affected bc i dont have access to a skill that is forcing me to pvp in order to unlock it 

And here you are acting like pvp is hard. It's not. If you're bad at pvp there's someone else bad at it too, maybe you'll meet them and win. 4500 zen beans isn't hard to get. You get zen beans for 1v1 and 3v3, you can't possibly tell me you lose all matches in 3v3?

1 hour ago, biggenz said:

The game gave everybody a thing that rewards 3k beans for 20 wins in 1vs1 arena. Surely you can manage that. 20 wins for 3k beans means you have to get 1500/20 = 75 zen beans per every win in order to hit the 4500 beans mark and you get MUCH more than that. You need that royal bean once, not once ever day. So don't even try to make a case about how "hard" 4500 beans are. Besides when you're fresh in the arena, you'll be coupled with opponents of similar rank. Don't expect to face people that could roflstomp you, except an occasional smurf. The golden rule for beating every rookie is to utilize every possible cc you can spec. Newbies are notoriously unaware of the importance of their tab escape and you can beat them easily by getting them to use it. Once it's in CD all you need to do is nuke them like any other mob. You'll clock these 20 wins in no time ;)

Agreed, got 4 chars over 900AP and no hongmoon pellet on any of them. Goes against my morals to pay to get a lead in a game so I won't get the duelist bundle (would get it if it was available for hongmoon coins). Don't want to PVP in a PVE game, shouldn't have to. Every other MMO I've played separates the two. Really quite ridiculous especially when you consider how they devalue your progress with every update by making it so anyone can get where you've gotten in a few months in a week or less, yet they can't remove PVP gate from a skill for PVE??

Can faction pvp, can't take the time for fair play arena pvp. 

Can take the time learning how to pve with copy paste boss mechanics, won't do it for a 2 minute game of pvp.

I should start pking pve players again with my 45 cap gear.

you don't have to pvp, you can always farm gold and buy the items. Also if you spend around 3-5hrs you should be able to get the skill you want from just doing pvp. I've tried this on a class that I've never played before and got what I wanted easily. This is both a pvp and pve game and does not separate them since they both use the same kind of skills, though if you know your class well enough it shouldn't be that hard. You have different ways to get your hm skills, no one is forcing you to do pvp it's just an option.

PvE skills should be abtained through PvE content like it was before when you had to kill certain boss for certain amount because I honestly never seen any of offals dropping and I saw Asura's Ember only twice since the launch of this game and as for PvP skills they should be farmed trough PvP. 

13 minutes ago, Beleth said:

PvE skills should be abtained through PvE content like it was before when you had to kill certain boss for certain amount because I honestly never seen any of offals dropping and I saw Asura's Ember only twice since the launch of this game and as for PvP skills they should be farmed trough PvP. 

F5 has plenty of offals and Asura Embers.  You NEVER were able to get any skills by "killing certain bosses for a certain amount of times", it was simply an added requirement for one skill. The drop rates remain the same as ever.

The only reason any of you even attempt to farm HM skills via PvP is because it's way easier, so I don't know why there's so much whining still.

1 hour ago, Gratus said:

F5 has plenty of offals and Asura Embers.  You NEVER were able to get any skills by "killing certain bosses for a certain amount of times", it was simply an added requirement for one skill. The drop rates remain the same as ever.

The only reason any of you even attempt to farm HM skills via PvP is because it's way easier, so I don't know why there's so much whining still.

Really??? Omg and all this time I was wondering how else we could get them but turns out there's lots of them on F5! Thank you kind sir!

Anyway... there's so much whining because people don't want to do pvp for pve skills and droprate of these skills are very low and F5 is too expensive for a normal player who has lots of other things to upgrade. I'm not whining not even complaining nor I've ever opened a thread about HM skills. All I said was that it would be nice if we could acquire HM PvE skills through different PvE content instead of doing the most annoying dreadful dungeons with almost nonexistent drop rate. It was just an idea. Anyway you clearly aren't bothered by this so how about you share your wisdom somewhere else, where it's actually needed.

22 hours ago, biggenz said:

anyone else pissed with the devs for forcing us into hours of frustrating pvp in order to unlock HM skills for pve. i get you might want to but me personally i hate the unbalanced pvp in this game, and i hate the fact im forced to do it in order to have full access to my skills.

If you don't like PVP, I suggest you leave this game ASAP because even in PVE content, you will need to farm a lot of moonstones for crafting (or else you have to buy them all from markets, which are super expensive) and the moonstones only can be found in 6v6 battleground at the moment.

I used to think the same way, but I realized the effort to get a HM skill from pvp and pve are practically the same.
Points needed for HM skill decreased but the last skill I wanted was 50k battle points. If you farm 2k points per day, in 25 days you can get your skill. But if you only do pve and save 50g per day you can get 1250g in the same lenght of time. With this amount of gold you can get a HM skill from the market, can't you?

21 hours ago, Beleth said:

Really??? Omg and all this time I was wondering how else we could get them but turns out there's lots of them on F5! Thank you kind sir!

Anyway... there's so much whining because people don't want to do pvp for pve skills and droprate of these skills are very low and F5 is too expensive for a normal player who has lots of other things to upgrade. I'm not whining not even complaining nor I've ever opened a thread about HM skills. All I said was that it would be nice if we could acquire HM PvE skills through different PvE content instead of doing the most annoying dreadful dungeons with almost nonexistent drop rate. It was just an idea. Anyway you clearly aren't bothered by this so how about you share your wisdom somewhere else, where it's actually needed.

You can literally do any PvE content and buy the skills with gold. Yes, it's obvious, so imagine my frustration when you really don't seem to grasp it. A "normal player" can definitely afford the skills, they just rather go for 1 stage more on their baleful 4 by buying tradable mats to convert and waste a bunch of gold for a minimal upgrade.

All you're asking for is to essentially get free HM skills, how about you just say it straight.

1 hour ago, Gratus said:

You can literally do any PvE content and buy the skills with gold. Yes, it's obvious, so imagine my frustration when you really don't seem to grasp it. A "normal player" can definitely afford the skills, they just rather go for 1 stage more on their baleful 4 by buying tradable mats to convert and waste a bunch of gold for a minimal upgrade.

All you're asking for is to essentially get free HM skills, how about you just say it straight.

Yesterday I checked F5 to see those "lots of HM skill materials" literally there were only two Asura Embers for 500+ g and four to five Offals in whole EU server... Sure, normal player can afford them... If you want to believe in your delusions go ahead but don't talk like whatever you're writing while mashing your buttons down, is the normal and acceptable solution. 

Also I like how you mention only weapon when there's soul, pet and accessories so how many years of "farming" will be enough for a normal player to get his gear at least near to decent? 

HM skills should be add for example in celestial basin i can spend there 5-6h and this will be f@#$% boring but at least I can calculate when i get this skill and every 40 min i can kill boss so always chance to evolved stone.

And after 5h pvp my keyboard muse and whole laptop will be destroyed.

i HATE PVP and I'm sick when Friday and Saturday coming and I want do my daily on alts.

Of course i can spend 500+g to buy one HM skill, but another problem in this game is that people looks at you ap and gear when you looking for party and I can put this HMskills in my butt if can get enaught good gear to find party.

Or back hard mode for dungeon from fang to asura and give there high chance for skills and others mats or something - they could be even so hard that if you don't do mechanic that wipe party even if you are 1000ap and 150khp,

On 10/30/2017 at 11:39 AM, Beleth said:

Anyway... there's so much whining because people don't want to do pvp for pve skills and droprate of these skills are very low and F5 is too expensive for a normal player who has lots of other things to upgrade.

[this is a general reply aimed towards everybody]

I find it amusing that skills are somehow separated to PvE and PvP in peoples' minds. I think that's where the problem is. There's no such think as a PvP or PvE skill. All skills are useful in both types of combat. It's amusing how the western community is actively trying to sabotage PvP in a number of games. I've seen this discussion being held in five different official game forums now. People seem to despise PvP nowadays. I ask this question to all'y'all - to what end do you grind endlessly for gear? What do you need maxed gear for? Doing the "hardest" dungeon for 10 minutes instead of 15? When did we put the achievement bar so low, so people feel pride at beating a brainless boss faster? This game is an exercise of skill, not speed. The complexity comes from the fine tuning of character's bits and bolts. The stats come second.

The game provided a way to farm these feat expansions. If people don't like it... well... too bad, I guess? Just like how it's "too bad, I guess?" when someone said earlier that PvP players are forced to do PvE. This goes both ways. If it's fine for them to do something they don't enjoy, then it's most certainly fine for you to do what you dislike. Otherwise I call hypocrisy and we are done discussing.

1 hour ago, MassiveEgo said:

[this is a general reply aimed towards everybody]

I find it amusing that skills are somehow separated to PvE and PvP in peoples' minds. I think that's where the problem is. There's no such think as a PvP or PvE skill. All skills are useful in both types of combat. It's amusing how the western community is actively trying to sabotage PvP in a number of games. I've seen this discussion being held in five different official game forums now. People seem to despise PvP nowadays. I ask this question to all'y'all - to what end do you grind endlessly for gear? What do you need maxed gear for? Doing the "hardest" dungeon for 10 minutes instead of 15? When did we put the achievement bar so low, so people feel pride at beating a brainless boss faster? This game is an exercise of skill, not speed. The complexity comes from the fine tuning of character's bits and bolts. The stats come second.

The game provided a way to farm these feat expansions. If people don't like it... well... too bad, I guess? Just like how it's "too bad, I guess?" when someone said earlier that PvP players are forced to do PvE. This goes both ways. If it's fine for them to do something they don't enjoy, then it's most certainly fine for you to do what you dislike. Otherwise I call hypocrisy and we are done discussing.

If you're asking for what we need max gear for, then you don't understand games at all. When you're playing a game, mmo games especially, you want to grow more and more as much as it's possible. There's not a single person who plays games and doesn't strive to get stronger and get the max gear and it doesn't matter if they are doing brain dead dungeons or even if they quit eventually. That's a gamers mentality. "I want everything best for myself in this game as long as I'm playing this game" why people were losing their minds over CS:Go and paying literally 1000+ of dollars for skins? Because you want to have what others have and what's considered as the best. That's why we play games waste hundreds of hours playing them wasting money on them because if we get what's the best in the game we have the feeling of accomplishment and satisfaction till we find something new and then start the whole journey all over again. 

But there are others who like to prove their skills against other players those are PvPers but eventually after putting all the effort and time and money in a game even they will move on to something new. 

Also you saying there's no such thing as PvE skill and PvP skill, makes me think that you're a bad PvPer and bad gamer in general if can't tell them apart. 

Archived