remove instant dungeon from daily challenge

newbiez

since nowadays the players dont like to wait the others players to warp inside the dungeon...its there any chance we replace heaven mandate and cold storage from daily challenge? those players with slow loading screen will get dungeon locked and fail the daily challenge quest if the boss die while they in loading screen mode because of those selfish players that cant even wait for few mins...

I somewhat agree with this. I have seen way too many parties where someone was like nagging how people are too slow and that he has no time to wait. These people were always like Raven users who could easily solo and stop causing grief to lower players who still need their quests. I don't know if the right thing is to remove them from daily challenge or is there another way to prevent people getting locked without getting the quest done but seriously something needs to be done about this as it ruins the quest for people who cannot load in the dungeons in 2 seconds.

13 minutes ago, Wixa said:

get an SSD (it helps with loading screen a lot). Other than that stop complaining or be the one providing the Orb (that way everyone will wait for you).

fyi im always use my own orb if im premade the heaven mandate dungeon...but i cant control the selfish players that dont wanna wait for slow loading players even tho im the leader aka the one that use the orb and im already write a very simple english "wait for all"...its not like they dont understand but they just selfish thats all..what make u think that im make this topic just for myself? its for others players too...

26 minutes ago, Lunakitty said:

I somewhat agree with this. I have seen way too many parties where someone was like nagging how people are too slow and that he has no time to wait. These people were always like Raven users who could easily solo and stop causing grief to lower players who still need their quests. I don't know if the right thing is to remove them from daily challenge or is there another way to prevent people getting locked without getting the quest done but seriously something needs to be done about this as it ruins the quest for people who cannot load in the dungeons in 2 seconds.

i dont mind if still need the orb just to fight jinsoyun but pls remove the lock thing...so the slow loading players still have a chance to join the others parties instead of need to reset the dungeon everytime its happen...

another long time problem.  The fix would be having that Counterstrike or other FPS "wait time" where everyone can't move before ppl loaded in properly.

This was severe when Narrows and Chuanka Frost Cavern were still in dailies. and no being orb provider is not solving the issue.

That won't fix the problem, favorably, for everyone. I used to have the same problem as you, but also with older dungeons that used to be in the DC list. However, I'm using a better rig now and have the OTHER side of the problem, having to wait on ultra slow players and their eternal load screens. The thing is, while we DO have impatient jerks in the game, we also have afkers and bots, and with slow loaders, it's not always easy to determine who's just a lazy faker in CS, sitting at the entrance while everyone else clears the first boss, or if it's an actual slow loader. This is partly why people jump the gun and start attacking the boss. It IS also troublesome for faster loaders to wait for slow loaders when we're trying to do fast, multiple runs of any given dungeon. Also, the point in reducing how many DC objectives required to complete the DC from four to three is to make it LESS of a hassle and to make it a more expedient process. If you take out CS and H.Mandate, you'll render that a needless hassle all over again. A better solution, as most people have been stating for a long time now, is to fix the dumb lockout problem. On top of that, the whole "die in the flames" if someone else starts a boss fight, prematurely, is a DUMB feature and should never have been in the game to begin with. I used to lag behind everyone with my last PC, because while I was stuck on load screens, everyone else was already halfway to or AT the boss by the time I'd regain control of my character. I no longer have this problem with the new rig, but the party is STILL being held up by people who still need a rez and for the people kind enough to rez them.

just enter the dungeon via a server party and not F8. makes it much easier and people arent as toxic.

not to mention heavens mandate can easily be soloed with 700+ AP, cold storage also but its more difficult but surely can be easily duo'd.

9 hours ago, PapayaPineapple said:

If you have slow loading, uncheck “join in progress” dungeons while LFP for CS and HM.

That won't help much. For slow loading players, even if they join a pre-made team in lobby, they will still have a chance to get locked. 

For the slow loading players, I would suggest that they host a party with using their orbs so that the rest of the team has to wait for them or else no orb= no dungeon for them.

The other suggestion would be just running these dungeons with friends or clan-mates or even in "in-server" not "F8" so that you can get inside the dungeon first before you recruiting people, so people don't have to wait for you. If you have an orb, your party will be filled up fast even in the server.

For long-term solution, just get a faster computer. It is both good for you and other people so that you don't have to waste (If it takes 5 minutes to load through the dungeon) 5 minutes per player in the team. If it is full player team, you are wasting 5 players x5 minutes = 25 minutes of the life just waiting for you.

Maybe nc can implement an automatic function. Player starts fight without everyone loaded in = automatic kick and lockout for the player that started the fight. I bet that would teach everyone the importance of being patient lol (its a joke for those that like to take things serious). All jokes aside, it should be made so that if you weren't present when the boss was killed then you don't get locked out.

50 minutes ago, Dr SoulReaper said:

Its more like players are impatient (i mean i was in a group with someone in cold storage starting the boss coz in their words "i have to do this on 4 more characters idc about waiting"). These dungeons suffer from  player impatience and it sucks :/

Usually I would wait for 5 minutes at the boss, if they still don't show up in the dungeon (inside of dungeon near the portal), then I should not be blamed for impatient because 1) do they just afk outside of dungeon while LFP? 2) do they have 5k ping and is about to get dc? 3) are they trolling outside or fixing their inventory/vault?

If people need more than 5 minutes to load through the portals, then they really need a new computer.

solution is simple:

lock dungeon in moment when you get dynamic reword and not in the moment when you enter dungeon when boss is dead.

The same should be with KDV FAS BT etc.

This is relay easy to change and players don't get any advantage.

But they don't change anything because they are lazy copy (from china) paste developers.

Same story like stuck in combat mode after bosskill

2 hours ago, ClassicMan said:

Maybe nc can implement an automatic function. Player starts fight without everyone loaded in = automatic kick and lockout for the player that started the fight. I bet that would teach everyone the importance of being patient lol (its a joke for those that like to take things serious). All jokes aside, it should be made so that if you weren't present when the boss was killed then you don't get locked out.

Oh yeah, i would love to see this. 

What I'd like to see is a weighted system, where advanced dungeons count more towards completion than middling or early ones, e.g. 2 advanced dungeons to complete the dailies, or 3 middle tier, or 4 easy ones. However, I can see at least a couple of potential pitfalls with this:

1. I think the tendency would be to funnel higher level players to towards higher dungeons and lower level players to the earlier ones, so if the intent is to encourage experienced players to assist lower levels with their dungeons, that could be lost.

2. It would still be possible for high level players to rush low level dungeons and grief lower level or slow loading players, much as described by the OP, and as used to regularly happen in the likes of Blackram Narrows. One possible way to mitigate this: if participating in a dungeon with players of a significantly lower level, say 5 levels difference, at least one low level must complete for any team member to get credit for completion.

Archived