Explanations

Zae

Hello there,

Just a post to ask for a little clarification about the extended maintenance time for EU servers.

First of all, we get maintenance during day time meaning the day is lost for most players, even premium members, it's been more than a year we're complaining about this and yet nothing has changed. My bad, it has actually tunerd into worse. Why don't you aknowledge this and AT THE VERY LEAST give 4 extra premium days for EU subscribers?

Second, it's been two weeks EU has longer maintenance time, no explanations given, nothing more than a vague and sometimes confusing statement at the very bottom of a patch note. Is this what EU community mean to you? Would it be hard for you to actually TELL US what justifies these maintenance extensions and delays with regards to NA servers?

Should we remind you we also are a line into your income statement? Are you pushing EU players out of the game? Is it too hard to show some respect and transparency to us?

Communication and due consideration is all we ask for. Can't believe you're doing this at the very moment premium membership is at its lowest.

They might for sure. But the point is, never should you treat your customers unequally, and when you do, at least provide them  with a decent explanation.

NCWest is failing at both, that's what I want to clarify, WHY are they doing this?

They just don t give a shit. If you haven t understand that now, you never will.
If a problem stays for over a year, they won t solve it now, that s just it.

If you want to be heard, you need to hit where it hurts, money income.

But like always people will rage for now then the maintenance will be over and people will forget until next week maintenance.

They know you ll still play the game what ever they ll do so they take advantage of this, that s all.

NC, just make one extra day of premium for every EU player included in every maintenance, cuz there's no maint you don't mess up for EU and you also won't change the maint time regardless of how many ppl complain which you've already proven. But thanks for "keeping us updated" and no, I don't have any understanding for that and I also don't want to anymore.

I know how business works, and I also know this has been an issue since the game release. Though separate maintenance times for EU/NA servers is quite new and redundant over the past couple of weeks. We all want to know why, and that's the reason I posted.

They do care, the answer is staring in your face:

The HM skills got fixed because they were losing revenue on Duelist Bundles and people just plainly gave up on logging into the game to do pvp.

The radiant energy things were revamped because of our outcries aka the SJW's who wanted to fight for their Just Cause and would have trolled them on Social Media if NOT!

So, there is a solution:

Loss in revenue = solution for any business to adapt to the circumstances and win back its customers. 

Sure, we can name call them, pressure them, obstruct their path, etc., BUT!!!! I doubt you'll get the attention you need for a REAL CHANGE to truly take place but the loss of income is true to any business model.

So how can we implement this?

Sounds simple on paper but is harder to coordinate? Wrong. 

Reduce the amount we are currently spending on EU servers! (French, Deutsche, Jinsoyun)

Not asking you to stop purchasing NC but purchase less if you want NCsoft to respect us as not just members but customers, be it paying customers or future-paying customers or potential customers. Unless we do this, we'll be used, abused and discarded. The evidence is right in front of you gentlemen~

NOTHING will EVER change: Until then say NO to negligence and say YES to being treated fairly ~ 

[Picture removed by a moderator]

28 minutes ago, Zae said:

Hello there,

Just a post to ask for a little clarification about the extended maintenance time for EU servers.

...and there you are answering yourself already:  it's because those are the EU Servers

Update #1

This thread did wonders, and why do I say this?

Blade & Soul Ops  ✔@BladeAndSoulOps

EU Maintenance has concluded. All Servers are now back up! Bring honor to the Hongmoon Clan! #BladeAndSoul

They finished the maint faster than they `predicted` aka loss of revenue seems to motivate them~

#No deserts for NCsoft (works).

7 minutes ago, Takemikazuchi said:

Update #1

This thread did wonders, and why do I say this?

They finished the maint faster than they `predicted` aka loss of revenue seems to motivate them~

#No deserts for NCsoft (works).

i doubt that has anything to do with this... i bet they only fed their hamster and greased its wheel so that the servers go faster :P

The real problem is, when the servers are up again, all this here will be forgotten.
Everyone will go back to playing, purchrase some items in f10 and stop bringing up these issues, until they repeat the same mistake again. At this point it´s just a repetition. Just barking, but nothing behind it.
Unless EU gamer bust NCSoft´s sales, nothing will change.

15 hours ago, Zae said:

Hello there,

First of all, we get maintenance during day time meaning the day is lost for most players, even premium members, it's been more than a year we're complaining about this and yet nothing has changed. My bad, it has actually tunerd into worse. Why don't you aknowledge this and AT THE VERY LEAST give 4 extra premium days for EU subscribers?

Second, it's been two weeks EU has longer maintenance time, no explanations given, nothing more than a vague and sometimes confusing statement at the very bottom of a patch note. Is this what EU community mean to you? Would it be hard for you to actually TELL US what justifies these maintenance extensions and delays with regards to NA servers?

Should we remind you we also are a line into your income statement? Are you pushing EU players out of the game? Is it too hard to show some respect and transparency to us?

Communication and due consideration is all we ask for. Can't believe you're doing this at the very moment premium membership is at its lowest.

First of all learn to read:

Maintenance 18 October quoted from NC post:

EU Only: In addition to the Blade & Soul servers, the in-game web features will undergo maintenance for approximately 6 hours. During this time, the Marketplace and Character Information may not be accessible or fully functional. The maintenance will last 8.5 hours in total for European Servers.

Thats why your maintenance was longer. as for the compnesation here again quoted from ncsoft:

Greetings, 

For the inconvenience caused by the extended maintenance today, EU players can claim 3 free Cold Storage resets to use for the Merchant of Wonders event. The free resets can be redeemed within the Hongmoon Store until October 25. We are working to address the issue that caused the delay for EU players and we appreciate everyone's understanding.

Thank you for your patience. 

Further down the line:

NC is an american publisher that means US times are leading, regardles which region they publish, its most beneficial and cost effective for them or would you rather have gameforge as publisher so you can have your EU time maintenances?

Also before you cry about the maintenances i would advise you to actually read the ToS you accept each time you logon into the game and that will clear up a lot for you. Its not that ncsfot doesnt care about EU, its the EU players who are trying to make themselves the victims here and go on a pitty train because they cant deal that a game like many many other games has scheduled maintenance times which are communicated days upfront.

People need to learn and grow up.

47 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

First of all learn to read:

Maintenance 18 October quoted from NC post:

Thats why your maintenance was longer. as for the compnesation here again quoted from ncsoft:

Further down the line:

NC is an american publisher that means US times are leading, regardles which region they publish, its most beneficial and cost effective for them or would you rather have gameforge as publisher so you can have your EU time maintenances?

Also before you cry about the maintenances i would advise you to actually read the ToS you accept each time you logon into the game and that will clear up a lot for you. Its not that ncsfot doesnt care about EU, its the EU players who are trying to make themselves the victims here and go on a pitty train because they cant deal that a game like many many other games has scheduled maintenance times which are communicated days upfront.

People need to learn and grow up.

Oh look, another US retard telling EU that we should be glad to loose 1day/week cause we agreed a ToS.

Ofc you don t care, you aren t the one taking that bullshit maintenance time every wednesday.

And sure, since Ncwest are greedy af, i don t mind gameforge taking the game for EU. I don t like Gameforge but since Ncwest is already trying to milk every penny out of the players anyway, it woudn t change much. 

@Grimoir

If something is bad for 99% of the people (in this case 99% of EU players), they're supposed to shut up? No, they try to change it and make it better for those 99%.

Being grown up doesn't mean you have to take shit all the time, what the hell dude.

22 minutes ago, Sorcerino said:

Oh look, another US retard telling EU that we should be glad to loose 1day/week cause we agreed a ToS.

Ofc you don t care, you aren t the one taking that bullshit maintenance time every wednesday.

And sure, since Ncwest are greedy af, i don t mind gameforge taking the game for EU. I don t like Gameforge but since Ncwest is already trying to milk every penny out of the players anyway, it woudn t change much. 

I am actually from EU but i play on NA because the community there is much better than EU people i can assure you that.

15 minutes ago, amokk said:

@Grimoir

If something is bad for 99% of the people (in this case 99% of EU players), they're supposed to shut up? No, they try to change it and make it better for those 99%.

Being grown up doesn't mean you have to take shit all the time, what the hell dude.

You are mistaking something:

You complain about maintenance times because simply it would be convenniant for you, not because its necessary. And this isnt about taking shit or not. Accept the fact that these are maintenance times, its every wednesday pretty simple right?

Not to mention whenever you logon to the game and click "AGREE" it states clearly they can have maintenances at any time they want, they do not even need to communicate it or say what is changing. they do it because its the right thing to do.

you say "because its inconveniant for 99% of the EU players" i want to see that 99%. Say they do change maint times for EU to night, what will you say to the EU players that will complain then because they work afternoon shifts and can play during the night? Will you accept their issue or will you tell them to shut it because the times would be conveniant to you? Bottom line is as i said, its an american publisher their times, HQ are all US based, if the maint times would be that bad for you there is nothing stopping you from playing on the NA server is there? If you feel NC treats you like crap and doesnt care, why dont you quit if its that bad for you?

See i look at the big picture here and am not simple minded like most and just jump on whats more conveniant for me rather than the majority.

1 minute ago, Grimoir said:

See i look at the big picture here and am not simple minded like most and just jump on whats more conveniant for me rather than the majority.

No, you absolutely do not. If you wanna look at the big picture, replace NCSoft with any government and Eu players with Eu citizen. 

If it's an inconvenience to 99% of the people, they will "fight" (in this case complain til the end of time) for it to change. I don't really care about maintenance cuz I got reallife, but siding with NC on this is just dumb imho.

If it's not happening, let the complaining go on, hows that your problem? NC has been treating EU like shit since release and it gets worse every time. They shouldn't be surprised if they lost lots of players because of this stuff. The only thing they can do is POST ON THESE FORUMS or write a ticket - which will probably lead to nothing anyway.

And please, let's just ignore the ToS/EULA. Most of that wouldn't hold up in a EU court and is 99% just for the US. 

Also, if you noticed, this "rage" isnt purely about the maintenance, it's mostly because they give no reason. They don't say why. 

I'd never quit because of the maintenance times, but I can relate to those who do. NC keeps ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ing up (EU gets an extra 'screw you guys' most of the time).

13 minutes ago, amokk said:

No, you absolutely do not. If you wanna look at the big picture, replace NCSoft with any government and Eu players with Eu citizen. 

If it's an inconvenience to 99% of the people, they will "fight" (in this case complain til the end of time) for it to change. I don't really care about maintenance cuz I got reallife, but siding with NC on this is just dumb imho.

If it's not happening, let the complaining go on, hows that your problem? NC has been treating EU like shit since release and it gets worse every time. They shouldn't be surprised if they lost lots of players because of this stuff. The only thing they can do is POST ON THESE FORUMS or write a ticket - which will probably lead to nothing anyway.

And please, let's just ignore the ToS/EULA. Most of that wouldn't hold up in a EU court and is 99% just for the US. 

Also, if you noticed, this "rage" isnt purely about the maintenance, it's mostly because they give no reason. They don't say why. 

I'd never quit because of the maintenance times, but I can relate to those who do. NC keeps ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ing up (EU gets an extra 'screw you guys' most of the time).

Have yuo read the announces they make? October 18th they gave a reason as to why it will take longer. And it would perfectly stand in an EU court considering the operative of the company is in US and you willingly agree to the TOS / EULA.

But anyway that asside, what else is it then besides maintenance times? because all we see is each week the same topic show up about maintenance times, its never anything else. also dont say 99% players because you cannot back that number up in any way.

@Grimoir

It's an exaggerated example, which is why I used "IF it is an inconvenience"

Where did they give a reason? Nowhere. 

and again, where is the reason for longer EU times? 

And no, it doesn't matter where NC is operating from if they get sued in the EU.

US laws don't mean anything in EU. Also, NC has an office in the EU, which could be held accountable under certain circumstances - just like Facebook with their office in Ireland. 

3 minutes ago, amokk said:

@Grimoir

It's an exaggerated example, which is why I used "IF it is an inconvenience"

Where did they give a reason? Nowhere. 

and again, where is the reason for longer EU times? 

From the first post:

EU Only: In addition to the Blade & Soul servers, the in-game web features will undergo maintenance for approximately 6 hours. During this time, the Marketplace and Character Information may not be accessible or fully functional. The maintenance will last 8.5 hours in total for European Servers.

"in-game web features will undergo maintenance for approx 6 hours"

For the second ok ai gree they didnt provide a reason, but most likely regular maintenance and the radiant payouts.

Just now, Grimoir said:

From the first post:

"in-game web features will undergo maintenance for approx 6 hours"

For the second ok ai gree they didnt provide a reason, but most likely regular maintenance and the radiant payouts.

Its web features (market and F2) were down, which is normal for EU (at least market is always down after maintenance ends) - I'm talking about game server uptime. They didn't say shit why we got longer maintenance.

Archived