The outdated Element/Jewelry Transmutation needs a revamp

Kozuki

tl:nr: The title

Nowadays, with Scaleburn weapon, you no longer need to transmute elements for weapon EXP -> render element powder useless (they drop commonly in Ebondrake Citadel for some reason).

With the current material prices, it is also no longer cost-saving by going through HM bracelet for 30 legendary jewels, which use jewel powder/jewels to upgrade the item. Some can argue that you can use bound materials for this to save costs. However, it doesn't work that way when moonstone crystals are relevant to a majority of upgrade. If you use 60 moon crystals to upgrade a HM bracelet, you will be short of 60 moon crystals to upgrade a VT necklace where you want to spend Legendary Jewelry on, for example. Or you can turn moon crystals into something else useful through crafting, or even profitable through oil transmutation.

Back to the topic, jewels/elements and their powder versions are now very outdated: elements are completely useless, and jewels are no longer useful enough.

Now, you only use legendary elements/jewels, which mainly comes from events/F10/Dragon Express. For Jewels, you have another version in form of Brilliant Silverfrost Fortune Charm, double exp gain of a jewel.

I think the system should be revamped into something else more useful. Ideally, you would want to be able to transmute Legendary Elements/Jewels, with cheaper cost but more efforts spend to counteract the convenient unlimited but expensive of Dragon Express or the competitive prices but limited supply of F10.

Perhaps it might work like this:

-Make it that only weapons from Big Six and future dungeons can be salvaged for special element powders. Same deal with accessories.

-Make it takes a while to grind them up. For example, you need 100 powder per legendary element/jewel. Maybe add in some fusion powders to make unneeded soul shields not look like useless trash.

-Make a reasonable cost to transmute the thing. Maybe 10g per legendary jewel/element, and 30g per bundle of three. Like the current system.

-Have a chance to critical for more outcome. Don't need to be trade-able like Elder version.

In short, if take you 10g and around 20 weapons/accessory from big six dungeons for a single legendary element/jewel transmutation with a chance for critical. Better than to have a system that no one wants to use, and a bunch of useless materials.

If they do this theyd probably take them out of dragon express, and to be honest with you, it will be just as time consuming and annoying to grind powders as it would be to just grind gold or mats to do it the current way. So I dont agree with this at all, knowing how NCSoft thinks lately. 

If you have noticed, there are many items that are out-dated and no longer needed in the game, but still drop in dungeons. For examples, the jewelry powder you mentioned, the tormented/accursed weapon chests (no longer needed in weapon upgrade path), the old crafting materials such as thigh meats, flowers, etc from SSP mobs.

It is just that NCsoft just wants to push out new contents without even thinking of clearing the old/useless items in the game.

9 hours ago, FrozenB said:

If you have noticed, there are many items that are out-dated and no longer needed in the game, but still drop in dungeons. For examples, the jewelry powder you mentioned, the tormented/accursed weapon chests (no longer needed in weapon upgrade path), the old crafting materials such as thigh meats, flowers, etc from SSP mobs.

It is just that NCsoft just wants to push out new contents without even thinking of clearing the old/useless items in the game.

Or they just simply not yet think out a way to deal with them without making profit from it.

Like nobody actually knows about the value of Evolved Stones before Soul upgrade becomes a thing.

9 hours ago, Souba said:

If they do this theyd probably take them out of dragon express, and to be honest with you, it will be just as time consuming and annoying to grind powders as it would be to just grind gold or mats to do it the current way. So I dont agree with this at all, knowing how NCSoft thinks lately. 

It is intended to be a long-term grind. You run Big Six in daily basis, unless you're a devoted SSP farmers, a peach grower or a 6v6, or at least for daily challenges. Chance for you to get a weapon chest (or more direct weapons from Hard Mode) is pretty good. Doing dailies, collect powder along the way, and one day they will benefit you back when they are accumulated big enough.

On 10/26/2017 at 9:35 PM, Kozuki said:

Or they just simply not yet think out a way to deal with them without making profit from it.

Like nobody actually knows about the value of Evolved Stones before Soul upgrade becomes a thing.

It is intended to be a long-term grind. You run Big Six in daily basis, unless you're a devoted SSP farmers, a peach grower or a 6v6, or at least for daily challenges. Chance for you to get a weapon chest (or more direct weapons from Hard Mode) is pretty good. Doing dailies, collect powder along the way, and one day they will benefit you back when they are accumulated big enough.

How about you stop making suggestions that are worse than whats already in game. Its easier to get gold by doing dalies (without even touching the big six), we dont need yet another thing linked to drops by CHANCE no matter how good in those godaweful dungeons . Id rather know I can just farm my gold and get what I need than "Maybe someday Ill have all five billion fragments I need to upgrade" theres already enough of that kind of thing happening.

No. Just no.

On 10/26/2017 at 6:27 PM, FrozenB said:

i still use the jewelry powders.....last week alone i made 2 true python bracelets and 2 true python belts and got 120 legendary jewels out of it so...they are still used if you know where to use them.

Archived