Forums

SOLUTION to the BT raid gear drops! PLEASE READ.

Enemy Silence

This is sort of a response to the communities issue of "catching up" to relevant end game dungeons. Currently the problem with black tower or skyspire is that you only get one shot at much needed loot. I have the almost perfect solution to remedy this problem and also keep BT from being overlooked yet still a road block. My solution is simple, every time you beat the last boss which is raven king, a token drops for everyone. This is very similar to a weekly since it can only be done once a week and this token can't be farmed with resets. (keeps the integrity of the system)

Once you obtain four token, which is one month of beating the raven king, you should be able to exchange the token for a accessory of your choice. If you already have an accessory then you can exchange 1 tokens for 1-4 soul shields or 2 tokens for 5-8 soul shields. What this system does, is allow you to gear up since you already proved without a doubt you can clear BT and it's just in your way. After a month you'll get your accessory and can begin working on the next tier raid. It would take a maximum of 2 months or 8 weeks of beating raven king to get fully geared which is perfect.

Not only does this eliminate frustration from months of bad fortune, but it also allows you to feel as if you are progressing after you proved you can farm the content. You shouldn't be stuck in content you can consistently clear right? I can't see how anyone would disagree with this but i'm curious on opinions anyway.

You are suggesting 4 token per accessories? um...I think it is only fair if it is 15 tokens per accessories. For soul shields, 1 token for 1-2, 2 tokens for 3-4, 3 tokens for 5-6, 4 tokens for 7-8. It corresponds to the 4 bosses in BT.

1 months = 4-5 weeks of raid = 4-5 tokens. In 3 months, if you still can't get your accessories, then it is fair to use token to trade for them. Of course, you can reset the BT to speed up the process.

For soul shields, you need 20 tokens in total for full set (without re-rolling). That's about 4 months of BT raids.

So, in total, in 10 months of BT raids, if you don't ever see any single drop for your class, then you will still get the full set of BT gear. This is assuming you never bid on the drops or never do trove event in these 10 months. So, for casual players, i think it is fair because BT accessories are still top gears in the game where you still need them for upgrading beyond stage 10.

How hard is it to obtain bt gear in 12m raid? For sure, it takes time, but it is about 2X or more faster than old 24m raid. Also, majority of the old players already have bt gear. Thus, they don't really bid in the raid (except accessories because they are still needed to upgrade beyond stage 10.)

2 hours ago, FrozenB said:

You are suggesting 4 token per accessories? um...I think it is only fair if it is 15 tokens per accessories. For soul shields, 1 token for 1-2, 2 tokens for 3-4, 3 tokens for 5-6, 4 tokens for 7-8. It corresponds to the 4 bosses in BT.

1 months = 4-5 weeks of raid = 4-5 tokens. In 3 months, if you still can't get your accessories, then it is fair to use token to trade for them. Of course, you can reset the BT to speed up the process.

For soul shields, you need 20 tokens in total for full set (without re-rolling). That's about 4 months of BT raids.

So, in total, in 10 months of BT raids, if you don't ever see any single drop for your class, then you will still get the full set of BT gear. This is assuming you never bid on the drops or never do trove event in these 10 months. So, for casual players, i think it is fair because BT accessories are still top gears in the game where you still need them for upgrading beyond stage 10.

How hard is it to obtain bt gear in 12m raid? For sure, it takes time, but it is about 2X or more faster than old 24m raid. Also, majority of the old players already have bt gear. Thus, they don't really bid in the raid (except accessories because they are still needed to upgrade beyond stage 10.)

It really all depends on the groups RNG, it took me three almost 4 months to get my earth jewlery and that was simply because it had not dropped. There are people in our now static BT group that have given up running ice builds because the earring has not dropped in almost half a year. Fire for our group is the same.. it's really pathetic how bad the drop rates for certain jewelry is. 

It is better if they allow to exchange accessories drop from the same boss to another, in addition of Raven Feather/Soul or something else.

Or they can use the two not-so-useful legendary accessories from purple dungeons.

Immortality Earring Stage 10 + a random BT earring + Raven Feather = Your earring of element choice

Destiny Ring Stage 10 + a random BT ring + Raven Feather = Your ring of element choice

This, however, is gated by 10-run achievement of the bosses that drop your element of choice, and you can only trade ring/earring drop from the same boss to each other. No Earth earring (Boss 2) for Wind earring (Boss 3), for example.

11 hours ago, Enemy Silence said:

This is sort of a response to the communities issue of "catching up" to relevant end game dungeons. Currently the problem with black tower or skyspire is that you only get one shot at much needed loot. I have the almost perfect solution to remedy this problem and also keep BT from being overlooked yet still a road block. My solution is simple, every time you beat the last boss which is raven king, a token drops for everyone. This is very similar to a weekly since it can only be done once a week and this token can't be farmed with resets. (keeps the integrity of the system)

Once you obtain four token, which is one month of beating the raven king, you should be able to exchange the token for a accessory of your choice. If you already have an accessory then you can exchange 1 tokens for 1-4 soul shields or 2 tokens for 5-8 soul shields. What this system does, is allow you to gear up since you already proved without a doubt you can clear BT and it's just in your way. After a month you'll get your accessory and can begin working on the next tier raid. It would take a maximum of 2 months or 8 weeks of beating raven king to get fully geared which is perfect.

Not only does this eliminate frustration from months of bad fortune, but it also allows you to feel as if you are progressing after you proved you can farm the content. You shouldn't be stuck in content you can consistently clear right? I can't see how anyone would disagree with this but i'm curious on opinions anyway.

As much as I would like to tell you to farm it like the rest of us, this is not a bad idea and actually a good one and not like the other topic about just getting better drops... since the 1 / 2 /  3 bosses are just a cake walk but killing the raven is still fun for the new guys.

I like the idea and it's not abusive as long as you don't get anything from a reset.... anything as in the token, since that's the idea of this topic.

There are old people that I know that farmed BT for 7 months now and they did it week after week and still did not manage to get the fire ring.. RNG is a bich and the ring would drop when they were on there alts... but to be real.. were talking about REALLY BAD LUCK....you finish it on your main and it drops on your alt.. makes you want to cry.

It's a really good idea and people that don't have the patience can just "buy" it if it drops... and the ones that don't.. just wait a month for the tokens.

I for one like it.. because it took me 6 months to get my ring and 5 months to get my earring on fire... and it helps people out and new  players, it's a nice way to go... I'm guessing the system needs some perks here and there.

I'm not sure they will add it tho just because we would be the first to have it...and they will be better off adding it in the shop for a short time then to make it that easy to just farm it... a lot of people would love it as they can just get a free awakend and not stres about it.

Also BT once you get all that you need from it you kinda step up in the world and you get to a new level, a level that is needed for VT, imagine BT is gearing you up and also makes you form a team to prepare you for VT... now if you add those tokens you cut out the team work thing and just make it a farm effort and it would just make pugs go cray on the forum because they have no chance.

People need the practice that comes from BT as well, people failed so hard in the 24man, a lot of people had to bid against other classes when it was at 24, now 12 is a lot simpler to get what you want, why didn't people say anything about it when it was 24 ?  ( or they did and I just didn't pay attention )   

12 man should be simpler to get your gear  since you have .. minus 12 people to bet against....  or better, join a clan, get in line, not bid and not waste money... it's simple.

As much as I like the idea it would also kill BT and it would feel like cheating, you can't just take away 7 months of farming the ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ in 24 man and then 12 man and just take something that easy...  maybe by adding 2 months to get a jewel would be a bit more fair..  if your rng is that bad to get what you want in 4 months is fair and you still come on top with the others that farmed it from the start.

16 hours ago, DirectorTseng said:

It really all depends on the groups RNG, it took me three almost 4 months to get my earth jewlery and that was simply because it had not dropped. There are people in our now static BT group that have given up running ice builds because the earring has not dropped in almost half a year. Fire for our group is the same.. it's really pathetic how bad the drop rates for certain jewelry is. 

Yes, then with my suggestion, they would have gotten their accessories using tokens to trade for them. :D

Also, as suggested by other people above, maybe they should let us to trade different accessories in a NPC. For example, if it dropped an ice earrings, but I want a firing earrings. Then, I can still bid on the ice earrings in the raid and then go to a NPC to trade it for firing earrings (maybe with an additional 50 to 100 golds. aka. gold sink). It is the same for soul shields. It is ridiculous that my old raid only has 1 single SF and he got full raven soul shield max stats within 1 month because no one else in the raid can use them.

I don't see anything wrong with using a token system so long as work is put into obtaining them. I had a guildie who didn't see a a fire earring drops for 20 runs which is pretty brutal. You just need to make sure that the token system isn't the easy way out but rather the back up plan.

Eh, I think from your impatience you seemed to have overlooked that this would kill the raid lol. It would lock out people still behind/new players because who would raid BT if they don't need anything from it?

I think this is sorely needed. For me personally, I have been running BT since week 1 and have never missed a week, and in almost 10 months now, I havent had a chance to get either a shadow ring or ice earring on my warlock, they just wont drop. For me, the bad luck was soul crushing that I decided to re-roll to gunner because I was able to get the fire acc's

So according to your experiences, which element is the most common ? Because everyone who used to farm dungeon to get their breakthrough weapons should know how flawed is the rng randomization of this game, like superior sin/wl razors drop rate compared to other weapons...

4 hours ago, Riss77 said:

So according to your experiences, which element is the most common ? Because everyone who used to farm dungeon to get their breakthrough weapons should know how flawed is the rng randomization of this game, like superior sin/wl razors drop rate compared to other weapons...

It's different for everyone.  Some people claim fire accessories never drop.  Other raids get so many fire accessories they don't know what to do with them.  I hear people saying that they can't ever get their shadow ring to drop but I've seen 5 drop when raiding on my warlock.  

As for sin/WL weapons being more common drops I'd have to say for me it was always kfm/sf gauntlets/brackets that seemed most common whenever I farmed for weapons.

The point is it's all rng and there isn't any 1 weapon/accessory that is more common for the entire population.  RNG screws some and blesses others.

9 hours ago, XO said:

Eh, I think from your impatience you seemed to have overlooked that this would kill the raid lol. It would lock out people still behind/new players because who would raid BT if they don't need anything from it?

You're forgetting that there is already a "lock out" in the form of finding a static capable of farming raven king. You may find it easy, but the vast majority of players still haven't gotten their first kill. This will do nothing to lock out the content especially since you need multiple accessories to get your "awakened" version. BT is old but very relevant and useful as it gives gold, accessories, soul shield upgrades, useful materials and aesthetics.

• 4 weeks later...

I would just like to revive this topic that it's definitely soul crushing as someone mentioned before. I'm an hm 14 player, going into my 21st run of BT, I NEVER SAW a LIGHT EARRING. I got a bloody awakened 2 lodestar ring  already, legendary badge, raven done to 9 long time yet that sore glance on my gears when I see  I got no earring everyone asking me how bad is my luck in raid - I got couple of people who are now asking me week by week ''still no luck huh? that's crazy''. Every week, when we kill first boss and it drops yet ANOTHER SHADOW ring (which I saw in my static at least like 15 times) I could cry... I was already raging, crying, calling unjustice seeing other players gearing up in one run, yet nothing to help out, cause it's end game bla bla....

I believe most of you agree 21 runs is MORE THAN ENOUGH OF A GRIND for a BLOODY EARRING (considering can do it only once a week). Not to mention got two clannies who didnt drop fire ring IN 35!!!! GODDAM RUNS!!!! And another person in my raid got same situation with wind earring and he is pretty much demotivated to play the game. NC I BEG PLEASE DO SMTH BOUT IT. It is nowadays easy to find BT groups it's getting slowly to be na old content... noone wants u to give away stuff for free, just give a backup a glimpse of hope that at certain point a person can get it.

And before someone goes oh too much QQ, yeah I do QQ and I think after so many weeks i got the bloody right to QQ. Because I cleaned that raid at stage 1 - 4, did all roles possible, there is nothing else for me to learn or get better in, period. Grinded my fair amount of time. Especially by new raids coming out and as a working person, can't afford add raids on raids for several days, so would love to have BT behind me already :(

On 23/10/2017 at 8:46 PM, FrozenB said:

Just go back in time and see how much content we got in just 4 months, and now the new patch @ december 6.

10 months of BT to get something that will be already outdated is just laugable...

1 hour ago, caioc2 said:

Just go back in time and see how much content we got in just 4 months, and now the new patch @ december 6.

10 months of BT to get something that will be already outdated is just laugable...

Except it isn't outdated.  BT accessories are still best in slot at 55.

1 hour ago, Dark Falz said:

Except it isn't outdated.  BT accessories are still best in slot at 55.

I'm not a native english speaker but so far I think "will be" means future and in "10 months ahead in time" they will be pretty crap. But who knows...

13 minutes ago, caioc2 said:

I'm not a native english speaker but so far I think "will be" means future and in "10 months ahead in time" they will be pretty crap. But who knows...

The new raid Korea just got gives new elemental rings and earrings but you need the accessories from BT to even do it.  To top it off almost nobody can even beat that raid in Korea yet though it's been out for months as it's just that hard.   In 10 months time if we even see that raid BT accessories will still be the go to for 99% of the population.  Also we'll very likely start getting BT accessories in trove soon because other regions already have them in trove.

3 minutes ago, Dark Falz said:

The new raid Korea just got gives new elemental rings and earrings but you need the accessories from BT to even do it.  To top it off almost nobody can even beat that raid in Korea yet though it's been out for months as it's just that hard.   In 10 months time if we even see that raid BT accessories will still be the go to for 99% of the population.  Also we'll very likely start getting BT accessories in trove soon because other regions already have them in trove.

Thats exactly what I'm trying to point out. We need BT accessories to even try anything else, and if you take 10 months to get it, it better to just quit already.

I mean, I can create a new char and kill my self farming everything, but BT accesories, because it is 1x a week with ramdom drops, then I'll get stuck because of that.

PS: trove does not count as farm.

I totally agree with this, it's been almost 2 months with clearance every week but still I don't have the Frost Earring as WL, ring dropped twice but no never a the frist earring and say it's badluck or smth I even tried with a random group on faction chat till boss 3 , still it didn't drop.
Or they could make the accessories drop and exchange them for your elemental for a certain more or smth or token seems perfect.
BUT WILL NCWEST HEAR THIS ? CONSIDER THIS ? OR JUST IGNORE AS ANYOTHER TOPIC ?
OR MENTION THE ACCESSORIES BEING ON TROVE NEXT TIME AND WRITE US OFF ?

Agreed 100% with OP's solution. There's a limit to how game content should be gated behind RNG and raids. The drop rates on some accessories are absolutely abysmal and you should not be punished in your progression if you are able to clear BT just fine, + it's old content as we're moving to lv. 55 next month. Enough of this gambling bs.

Another reasoning to change the situation is the fact that there are players, who started to play the game just recently like a year after me, got drops in one run and already doing VT content, while some of us 6 months into BT raiding still no accessories, being sad pandas without knowing for certain if it will be next week or 25th week from now on, because that's impossible that some of us in a chance of 4 elements each boss doesnt see in some statics certain element... 

End game gear shouldnt be based JUST on RNG... make us hard work for it, but give us some secondary path if RNG plays against us who actually grinds, thats all we saying NC...

Or for that matter make them account bound, cause I could cry when it dropped on my alt and noone wanted in that raid, was bout to be trashed, so I paid for it, it's in my inventory on alt and cant do nothing bout it just look at it and convince myself it DOES exist and eventually I get it on my main, cause at one point i was certain I'll never see a light drop pahahaha...

for some reason many are against account bound BT accessories saying that there will be tons of strong alts and whales will outbid main ppl in raids.. well flash news, whales already got their main alts already long time geared,  and I am certain clans would make rules MAIN characters before alts just like they did with weapon mats and let's face it.... most of big clans or static raids are already done with BT, so I don't see the reason to not make them account bound.... >.> Would be still based on RNG but more chance to get it in a week time not just once.... right?

Edit1: Frankly tho, whatever solution NC would bring in, even if it means for me run it another 15 times (for tokens, or certain amount of runs ot buy from vendor or whatever other reason) I would be happy at least to know I will get it for sure drop or no drop..... and from previous posts I am pretty sure most agree.

Archived