Sign in to follow this  
swpz

So when will elemental defense become a thing?

swpz   

As above.

This stat is desperately needed to counter elemental damage in OW and 6v6.

As it stands, 1600 elemental damage is able to pretty much shred anyone in roughly a second; there isn't any counter play involved short of doing the same to them first. Easier if you're a ranged class.

Edited by swpz

probably not anytime soon because as far as i know not even KR has this implemented.

the only solution is to still use the pvp shields and get more hp to withstand more damange (even if it's elemental dmg, it is not true damage and with crit defense on, the enemy cannot crit on that elemental dmg :P )

Grimoir   

they should simply create additional versions of 6v6 which have equalized gear and let the regular 6v6 be the whale fest.

Grimstar   
4 hours ago, Grimoir said:

they should simply create additional versions of 6v6 which have equalized gear and let the regular 6v6 be the whale fest.

^ This, i dont understand why they havent introduced a 6v6 with equal gear, like in the normal PvP/Tag.

PvP should be about skill, not about who has the highest AP or the biggest wallet. I bet if some kind of battleground with equal gear was added, ALOT more players would play battlegrounds. Cause BG atm is simply a whalefest, and most players avoid it like the plague.

4 hours ago, Grimoir said:

I agree though I love the pvp in this game and want to be able to complete the weekly challenge, I refuse to do BG since I don't like the whole idea of it being gear dependent. I also don't want to be a burden to my teammates by going in without any pvp gear since I really don't have the time to gear up both for pve and pvp.

Kozuki   

Because whales need a place to faceroll other players, when they are tired of facerolling scripted bosses.

Kinda like a noble who goes on a hunting trip where he is accompanied with a lot of people and weapons, giving the wildlife no chance to fight back. It is an one-sided slaughter.

In any case, 6v6 in this game does need a defensive build that can counter burst build.

At the present, we have those stat and counter stat:

-Accuracy vs Block/Evade (no, Pierce don't reduce Block rate, but damage reduction when block)

-Pierce vs Defense.

-Critical rate/damage vs Critical defense.

Stats without counter:

-Elemental damage.

-Debuff damage.

-Status Duration increase (from 3-set pvp accessory in big-six dungeon).

The only thing to make us survive these no-counter stat is a lot of HP. If your HP is below 200k, you die in a single burst.

On 10/24/2017 at 1:33 PM, Grimstar said:

^ This, i dont understand why they havent introduced a 6v6 with equal gear, like in the normal PvP/Tag.

PvP should be about skill, not about who has the highest AP or the biggest wallet. I bet if some kind of battleground with equal gear was added, ALOT more players would play battlegrounds. Cause BG atm is simply a whalefest, and most players avoid it like the plague.

If they removed that and normalized it like arena, then whats the incentive to gear all the way to max gear? Its currently the only place currently to show off your gear, even if you don't remove it but have 2 version of 6v6, the non-normalized 6v6 will be abandoned not because of the reasons you think, but because of the huge wait time to find a match. Better bet is to implement something rather then ranking to decide who you match up with, ideally matching up players via their gear and not their rank points.

And about the elemental defense, Imagine if it was implemented, itll basically be like the launch of wwv where a geared person would take 2 minutes to kill another geared person because his dmg was counteracted by defense and cdef. So thus pvp gear was created, to aid you against elemental dmg. Mainly the ascendant weapon. That makes it so its somewhat better to deal with elemental dmg, while not bringing us back to the old tedious fights cause you only deal 5k dmg back when wwv was released, a time when the game didnt have elemental dmg (yet).