ombremq

Crafting pet pod with Bravery

Recommended Posts

ombremq   

Ok this is triggering me i can't stay quiet anymore...this entire game triggering me anyway, i am not enjoying all those broken features, this is no fun to play a game when the provider work only to destroy this game, not a single feature implemented work, and this *cricket* useless premium membership, jesus christ.... please stop, give it to blizzard...

 

So about those "pet pod" more expensive now after the patch to craft them with bravery, totally a waste of money because they cost 130golds+ to craft with bravery, and a huge waste of time because bravery arent easy to farm, seriously Ncwest this is depressing seriously...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Grimoir   

It costs 10g to transmute a pet pod with bravery.

 

If you would actually run dungeons and battlegrounds to get the items to craft it rather than buy everything you wouldnt have a problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fin   

if you had actually looked at the transmutation, you would see it takes 5 moonstones, 8 elysian orbs and 30 bravery in addition to 10g, which comes out to around 130g at market prices. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FrozenB   

They should change the transmutation items for the pet pod. Elysian orbs and moonstones are the two most expensive crafting/upgrade items in the game. If it is soulstones or sacred orbs, then I think it is more reasonable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ombremq   
4 hours ago, Grimoir said:

It costs 10g to transmute a pet pod with bravery.

 

If you would actually run dungeons and battlegrounds to get the items to craft it rather than buy everything you wouldnt have a problem.

lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Grimoir   
12 hours ago, FrozenB said:

They should change the transmutation items for the pet pod. Elysian orbs and moonstones are the two most expensive crafting/upgrade items in the game. If it is soulstones or sacred orbs, then I think it is more reasonable.

Moonstones = Do SSP during the mentioned hours or do 6v6 and buy the boxes (you dont even need to win, just get enough points for a box)

Elysian orbs = mushin tower, Hard Mode dungeons, and dungeons in general award these also weekly quests.

Braveries....its a different story takes a bit but not impossible

 

Oor...run hard mode dungeons that give the chance to drop a pet and make pods that way....

 

I honestly do not see the issue here. The only problem i see is people calculate everything back to gold instead of actually putting effort and farming the materials yourself where it becomes much cheaper gatering the mats.

 

Or if you are THAT obsessed about it costing 130g, but the pet pods themselves for 90-100g and you make profit.

Edited by Grimoir

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's only 1 thing that bugs me and its that some people don't understand why mmos need to be so full of rng and gear can be hard to get.

Sure too much rng kills it as well as if gear is too hard to get but there needs to be a balance. If it's way too easy to gear, that is not good either.


lets say if raven gear were to be so easy to get that even a player who plays only 2h a day can get full raven in like 1-2 months,
that would kill the game faster than anything. Why? because it would be way too easy to obtain it, people would get bored of the game as they have it all
and then leave the game. Those who play more than 5h a day won't have any challenge in the game. That's also a reason why raid gear is often out of the reach for casuals.
Raid gear is in most mmos meant for dedicated players who can play a lot so that they have something to grind and something challenging to do.
Everyone would get bored if the game is too easy and that would kill the game in under a year. If casual player can't accept that, don't play mmo games.
Or expect it to take more than an year to get the best gear in game. Unless you use cash to buy it or speed things up.
you are not supposed to be fully geared in 1-2 months of casual f2p gameplay, it is supposed to take way more than that and because this is originally a Korean mmo,

getting gear takes even more effort and rng to get than in normal western mmo.
There needs to be content and gear for casuals and there needs to be content and gear for hardcore players and the difficulty needs match these both.
This way people play the game for a long period of time and it wont just die out in an year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Grimoir said:

I honestly do not see the issue here. The only problem i see is people calculate everything back to gold instead of actually putting effort and farming the materials yourself where it becomes much cheaper gatering the mats.

Or if you are THAT obsessed about it costing 130g, but the pet pods themselves for 90-100g and you make profit.

Except... if you sell the mats themselves, you make more gold. That's the issue here. When bravery-based pet enhancement stones were just 30 braveries and nothing else, you could have a long-term farm goal from 6v6 to max out your pet (it's still really slow to get 30 braveries by the way). Now braveries are obsolete and no matter what you do, pet pods are not worth of making.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ombremq   
3 hours ago, Grimoir said:

Moonstones = Do SSP during the mentioned hours or do 6v6 and buy the boxes (you dont even need to win, just get enough points for a box)

Elysian orbs = mushin tower, Hard Mode dungeons, and dungeons in general award these also weekly quests.

Braveries....its a different story takes a bit but not impossible

 

Oor...run hard mode dungeons that give the chance to drop a pet and make pods that way....

 

I honestly do not see the issue here. The only problem i see is people calculate everything back to gold instead of actually putting effort and farming the materials yourself where it becomes much cheaper gatering the mats.

 

Or if you are THAT obsessed about it costing 130g, but the pet pods themselves for 90-100g and you make profit.

Ok you may be trolling but i'll still answer with simple math... pet pod cost 115golds on market...

To craft one, you need to gather 130+ golds of tradable mats, "TRADABLE MATS" ( the ones that can be sold, if you still don't know what "tradable mats" mean) that mean at this stage you don't even need anything else to buy one...but then if we are smart like you and still believe that 130golds is cheaper than 115golds, we still need to farm 30 bravery and add 10 golds to transmute it.

So of course there is plenty of people who blindly play this game, but a person with decent IQ will never craft it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lata   

I guess some ppl just dont get it.

 

There are TWO Options to make pet pods.

one is with salvaging pet stones ( more casher like cause they dont drop much often)

and the other one is the "cheaper" way for casuals and f2p ppl with MORE farm&grind with bravery coins

 

and here is the Crux, u need Alot more time to get bravery coins + the tradeable mats like moonstones, elysian orbs and more, so if u take option 2 you make an item (pet pod) thats worth 130g instead of just sell the mats and take the cheaper one from market for 115g.

 

This cant be working as intend, this needs to be reworked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Grimoir   
37 minutes ago, ombremq said:

Ok you may be trolling but i'll still answer with simple math... pet pod cost 115golds on market...

To craft one, you need to gather 130+ golds of tradable mats, "TRADABLE MATS" ( the ones that can be sold, if you still don't know what "tradable mats" mean) that mean at this stage you don't even need anything else to buy one...but then if we are smart like you and still believe that 130golds is cheaper than 115golds, we still need to farm 30 bravery and add 10 golds to transmute it.

So of course there is plenty of people who blindly play this game, but a person with decent IQ will never craft it.

im not trolling im actually talking facts. and you are twisting my reply a bit: i stated if you dont want to craft it by buying the mats for 130g, spend 115g and buy it directly.

The only reason why they are cheaper on market than to make yourself is because of players undercutting.

 

The issue here is you calculate everything back in gold (material cost). Its 130g when you are alazy and buy all materials.

If you farm the materials, your "cost" is 0 because you do not intend to sell the mats as you want the pet pod, so its not a loss or wasted money since you havent spend a dime on it. Get the point? If we were to calculate everything you can craft back into gold, no one would do it because what would be the point? Yet look at that there are many crafted items for sale. its all perception, if you only look at things you can craft in a way "oh i need to buy all these materials for all this gold" then you will never move forward.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Grimoir   
1 hour ago, MrBubbles said:

Except... if you sell the mats themselves, you make more gold. That's the issue here. When bravery-based pet enhancement stones were just 30 braveries and nothing else, you could have a long-term farm goal from 6v6 to max out your pet (it's still really slow to get 30 braveries by the way). Now braveries are obsolete and no matter what you do, pet pods are not worth of making.

That only applies if your initial intent is to sell the mats, but what he is talking about is to make pet pods which he himself needs, hence if his intention is not to sell mats, then he is not at a loss, since he never wanted the profit in the first place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FlyingK   
4 hours ago, Grimoir said:

That only applies if your initial intent is to sell the mats, but what he is talking about is to make pet pods which he himself needs, hence if his intention is not to sell mats, then he is not at a loss, since he never wanted the profit in the first place.

A bad decision is a bad decision no matter how much you advocate for it. Trying to convince people to throw gold away in an attempt to justify a broken system is doing the community a terrible disservice.

 

In this case, the transmute option for turning bravery into pet pods should either be reworked or removed because everyone that considers that option would be far better off doing the following:

 

1. Do nothing with the bravery

2. Sell the mats used in the transmutation on the market

3. Buy a pet pod on the market for less money then what the mats sold for

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FrozenB   
9 hours ago, Grimoir said:

Moonstones = Do SSP during the mentioned hours or do 6v6 and buy the boxes (you dont even need to win, just get enough points for a box)

Elysian orbs = mushin tower, Hard Mode dungeons, and dungeons in general award these also weekly quests.

Braveries....its a different story takes a bit but not impossible

 

Oor...run hard mode dungeons that give the chance to drop a pet and make pods that way....

 

I honestly do not see the issue here. The only problem i see is people calculate everything back to gold instead of actually putting effort and farming the materials yourself where it becomes much cheaper gatering the mats.

 

Or if you are THAT obsessed about it costing 130g, but the pet pods themselves for 90-100g and you make profit.

The pet dropped in dungeon can be salvaged into pet pod? As far as I know, you can't do that. You can only salvage the purple pet when you buy them in HM store.

 

Well...I was just saying that why they make the pet pod much expensive than before. It used to be able to transmute with naryu tablet and soulstones (non-tradable version). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FlyingK said:

A bad decision is a bad decision no matter how much you advocate for it. Trying to convince people to throw gold away in an attempt to justify a broken system is doing the community a terrible disservice.

 

In this case, the transmute option for turning bravery into pet pods should either be reworked or removed because everyone that considers that option would be far better off doing the following:

 

1. Do nothing with the bravery

2. Sell the mats used in the transmutation on the market

3. Buy a pet pod on the market for less money then what the mats sold for

Qft. On the topic of a rework, I suppose the recipe would make far more sense if it used crystals instead of their unprocessed form.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Grimoir said:

im not trolling im actually talking facts. and you are twisting my reply a bit: i stated if you dont want to craft it by buying the mats for 130g, spend 115g and buy it directly.

The only reason why they are cheaper on market than to make yourself is because of players undercutting.

 

The issue here is you calculate everything back in gold (material cost). Its 130g when you are alazy and buy all materials.

If you farm the materials, your "cost" is 0 because you do not intend to sell the mats as you want the pet pod, so its not a loss or wasted money since you havent spend a dime on it. Get the point? If we were to calculate everything you can craft back into gold, no one would do it because what would be the point? Yet look at that there are many crafted items for sale. its all perception, if you only look at things you can craft in a way "oh i need to buy all these materials for all this gold" then you will never move forward.

 

You might not be trolling purposely, but surely you are really not understanding the point the OP is making.

 

    If you go and do dungeons and farm ssp and whatever you suggested, you would get the materials, sure, but why would you use them on crafting a pet pod when you could just sell the materials at the marketplace, buy the pod for less gold and make a profit in the way?. do you understand now why your point is invalid? or is just irrelevant at best.

 

 That been said, when buying a finished product (item) its more cost effective(either time or gold itself) than farming the materials and crafting, then the system (or crafting recipe in this case) needs a revision or a change. 

 

  The problem lies on sharing materials for several recipes, if the price  for every single finished product was proportionally the same then it wouldnt matter at all but this is not the case, for example, investing 10 elysian orbs in a sacred oil its more profitable than investing 8 elysian orbs in a pet pod, since the final price for oil is greater than the pet pod by almost thrice the potential profit. while this holds true some recipes or some items wont be crafted regularly or at all.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Shinobi X Explaining opportunity cost to someone who probably hasn't even finished middle school yet is simply an exercise in futility. 

Edited by Displeased

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XR   

And to think i was the only one thinking this as well.

30x Bravery Tokens (takes awhile to obtain)

8x Elysian Orbs - 10.95 x 8 = 87g 60s

5x Moonstone - 4.80 x 5 = 24g

10g to trasmute

= 121g 60s

 

Price of Pet Pod on f5 = 112g

 

Better off selling mats and purchasing a pod then it is to craft one.

 

Kinda saddening

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, XR said:

And to think i was the only one thinking this as well.

30x Bravery Tokens (takes awhile to obtain)

8x Elysian Orbs - 10.95 x 8 = 87g 60s

5x Moonstone - 4.80 x 5 = 24g

10g to trasmute

= 121g 60s

 

Price of Pet Pod on f5 = 112g

 

Better off selling mats and purchasing a pod then it is to craft one.

 

Kinda saddening

or even better. buy a pet which is now between 90-100g (together with 10 unprocessed soulstones) and make that into a ped pod... it gets event cheaper than 112g

 

but overall this whole thing is stupid and i totally agree with the OP - i made my own forum thread a while ago on this and well, nothing changed of course.

 

you need moonstones/elysian orbs for pet pods, for transformation stones, empyrean stones , sacred oils and these are just the most important things in game.

 

How can you guys say "why dont you sell and make a profit" ? well, i damn need them for the other stuff which cost 300g+++ 

you need 170 moontstones and 170 elysian orbs just to make a profit when making empyrean stones for example, otherwise you're better off buying them from the market. 

 

The whole new crafting system,pet pod system, any new system is just another gold sink ; it somehow gives everyone the impression that things are easier to accomplish, but i dont know, i feel it's just more difficult.

Also this sure as hell doesnt affect people with 20k in their banks (they already have everything they need); it affects us, normal players, who earn 50-60g per day by spending 2-3 hours doing all purple dungeons

Edited by nonistaicho

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ombremq   

Are we getting at least an answer about that or are we just arguing each other for nothing? what the utility of this forum exactly? i never saw that ! where all those community managers? i thought their job was to communicate with the community or am i mistaken? this 5years old math problem have to be solved asap please.... and why do we have to create a topic about every obvious lil things in this game, no1 playing this game at NCwest? at least hire some dedicate players to feedback important issue, i am here to relax & play a video game not to do your job !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/26/2017 at 11:34 AM, ombremq said:

Are we getting at least an answer about that or are we just arguing each other for nothing? what the utility of this forum exactly? i never saw that ! where all those community managers? i thought their job was to communicate with the community or am i mistaken? this 5years old math problem have to be solved asap please.... and why do we have to create a topic about every obvious lil things in this game, no1 playing this game at NCwest? at least hire some dedicate players to feedback important issue, i am here to relax & play a video game not to do your job !

ah man...they only start noticing us, the community, if the post gets more than 20 pages or something. the way it happened with radiant energy and how they fked it up with that update back in october.

 

so, the more people complain, the better chances we have for something to be about this.

 

however, we have to all agree on this...you'll notice many people (i usually call them morons in need of a job, so they apply to ncsoft by kissing their ass in the forums) who just say that the game is perfect the way it is and no change is needed...and believe it or not, their voices are heard better than us complaining only because well, it's easier that way :)

 

so i invite everyone who gives a damn about this situation to just complain away and maybe we will get this fixed properly!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They were 30 bravery coins and 5 naryu tablets before patch change,
Considering the time that passed since introduction of pets, they should cost less not more. Especially not the mats which are needed for PVE progress now more than ever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
oapjr   

To get pet pods you have two options, one based on pvp and the other based on pve.

The pvp one is based on doing pvp to get bravery tokens, so you do "one on one" and tag and in 15 days you get 30 bravery.

The pve one is more trickier. I say that because there are some itens in this game that are not farmable. Of course they drop from dungeons, but it would take too much time to multirun a dungeon to get a pet/petpod (I've being playing this game for six months and only dropped 4 pets). So we have to rely on people that drop them and sell them on the market.

 

Getting back to the price topic.

Indeed the pet/petpod price is rising (when I start playing it was 40g) and the cost to upgrade pets is rising too, but comparing to other gear I can say that pets are not suppose to be an exception and be cheap to upgrade.

The only reason for the petpods to be cheaper than their transmutable version is that people buy pet pouches from F10 trying to get the rare ones for themselves or to make a profit.

 

Someone said something about the difficulty to upgrade a gear being the reason for people keep playing a game. Yes, there is logic in that, but only if your reason tho play this game is to upgrade your gear.

Of course, getting stronger and upgrading gear feels good and rewarding, but the grinding is not suppose to make people play the game. What's suppose to keep people playing the game is it's content and the community being fun and friendly. Grinding is the opposite of fun, it makes the game repetitive, boring and people unfriendly with the obsession to get their upgrade materials.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now