Fallen Aransu School Raid

Shinki

I've done it with several characters: HM 13, HM 12, HM 11, and two HM 9s. The highest AP one is 1025, the lowest two are around 870. I see a lot of confusion in the raids about mechanics; lots of rants against low ap players; absolutely no patience, good humour or wish to work as a team; and more and more players under 900 ap getting constantly rejected for the raid, when they should not be. 

I think the guide posted here can be useful for many. The rest is practice ^^

https://www.reddit.com/r/bladeandsoul/comments/77bj19/fallen_aransu_school_mechanics_overview/

Too much un-needed explaining  -> straight to the point

1. Avoid punishment in normal world by walking or using movement skills, you can't resist it (same as Raven King)
2. You don't have to avoid punishment when you get in Soul Separation
3. After you start the fight you will get Hellfire buff in status bar, if it runs out you will die
4. KD the boss when CC bars open to get in Soul Separation and remove Hellfire buff
5.  When you're in Soul Separation you get big AP buff, focus on DPS and avoid stepping on flowers and other marks on floor 
6. When you're in Soul Separation skip CC first 2 times so you stay longer with your AP buff. KD when bars open for 3rd time.
7. When it's not time for KD, you can stun, but it's not important, and it's better to avoid confusion or wrong CC
8. When you KD boss you will get out of Soul Separation and get 30 sec Soul Separation cooldown
9. When you have Soul Separation cooldown don't KD the boss, skip one CC and KD on next to get in SS again
10. If people KD the boss while you have SS cooldown, you can turn your camera away from boss to avoid dying (evade getting sent into SS), otherwise, always face boss after KD
11. If you have aggro don't move far from boss or you will instantly die (you can do it during punishment animation)
12. Spec KD,  other CC doesn't matter
13. It is recomended to have a healer for each party so that people don't get out of sync or miss CC by dying
14. Press 4 if you die and run to boss
15. Enrage timer is long, and there is AP buff in SS, which means just a few people with decent dps are required to carry the raid

1.most of high ping failed to avoid it and that bleed dot dmg kinda pain...5k for 1s 10k for 2s if im not mistaken...hope they reduce the dmg for it...

14.sometimes the press 4 is bugged tho...the bug that when u press 4 its not gonna revive u back...hope they fix this

6 hours ago, SayhaSeer said:

Too much un-needed explaining  -> straight to the point

1. Avoid punishment in normal world by walking or using movement skills, you can't resist it (same as Raven King)
2. You don't have to avoid punishment when you get in Soul Separation
3. After you start the fight you will get Hellfire buff in status bar, if it runs out you will die
4. KD the boss when CC bars open to get in Soul Separation and remove Hellfire buff
5.  When you're in Soul Separation you get big AP buff, focus on DPS and avoid stepping on flowers and other marks on floor 
6. When you're in Soul Separation skip CC first 2 times so you stay longer with your AP buff. KD when bars open for 3rd time.
7. When it's not time for KD, you can stun, but it's not important, and it's better to avoid confusion or wrong CC
8. When you KD boss you will get out of Soul Separation and get 30 sec Soul Separation cooldown
9. When you have Soul Separation cooldown don't KD the boss, skip one CC and KD on next to get in SS again
10. If people KD the boss while you have SS cooldown, you can turn your camera away from boss to avoid dying (evade getting sent into SS), otherwise, always face boss after KD
11. If you have aggro don't move far from boss or you will instantly die (you can do it during punishment animation)
12. Spec KD,  other CC doesn't matter
13. It is recomended to have a healer for each party so that people don't get out of sync or miss CC by dying
14. Press 4 if you die and run to boss
15. Enrage timer is long, and there is AP buff in SS, which means just a few people with decent dps are required to carry the raid

I like your summary also, it is neat. The point here is to help people to do the raid, because we all know how toxic and unwelcoming the elitists and AP obssessed players can be. Thank you.

3 hours ago, newbiez said:

1.most of high ping failed to avoid it and that bleed dot dmg kinda pain...5k for 1s 10k for 2s if im not mistaken...hope they reduce the dmg for it...

14.sometimes the press 4 is bugged tho...the bug that when u press 4 its not gonna revive u back...hope they fix this

I fully agree they should have a look at the bug that sometimes rends 4 useless, no matter how many times you press it. It's essential to revive and run back to the fight to avoid a reset. 

9 hours ago, Shinki said:

I fully agree they should have a look at the bug that sometimes rends 4 useless, no matter how many times you press it. It's essential to revive and run back to the fight to avoid a reset. 

yeap and more worst if the rl dont believe you and kick you out from the raid...=/

On 10/20/2017 at 1:21 PM, newbiez said:

1) Nope, high ping is not an excuse to not be able to avoid the punishment. I play at 250-300ms on various classes both melees and ranged, and can stay away from punishment with ease.

It is extremely simple. You only need to know his rotation to predict next punishment and prepare for it. Either stay at 11m and walk in/out or out/in depend on the punishment's placement, or stay 16m as ranged class (unless tank) and SS away to avoid all the circles.

Also, if you get too many punishment stacks, run to the corner to die there and Chi-recovery back, saving yourself going through loading screen.

14) Yeah, it is an annoying bug. Only by through people rezzing or logging out you can fix this bug.

18 hours ago, Kozuki said:

1) Nope, high ping is not an excuse to not be able to avoid the punishment. I play at 250-300ms on various classes both melees and ranged, and can stay away from punishment with ease.

It is extremely simple. You only need to know his rotation to predict next punishment and prepare for it. Either stay at 11m and walk in/out or out/in depend on the punishment's placement, or stay 16m as ranged class (unless tank) and SS away to avoid all the circles.

Also, if you get too many punishment stacks, run to the corner to die there and Chi-recovery back, saving yourself going through loading screen.

14) Yeah, it is an annoying bug. Only by through people rezzing or logging out you can fix this bug.

i would be happy if i have that 250-300ms xD...but too bad i have more than that...that why im avoiding play melee class in this game...

FAS is just out for less than a week. So, majority of the players don't know the mechanics. It is just like when DKV was just out back in the old day. In the next 2-3 weeks, people can get use to the boss mechanics and lower geared players will have easier time to find the raid. 

The problem is that the community in this game is disgustingly terrible now. People are not willing to talk in dungeons or do ANY role (or they simply don't know what to do AT THIS POINT) - very often, also they become toxic instead - an example: asked about roles on 1st boss IF. Someone said 2 and I didn't know that 2 means mark because nobody said 2 before (and I have like 70 runs done). So I asked who's mark and the reply was: "i told 2" then "stfu" then "i wish i could kick you" and then more, also another person said "just leave idiot" then started with his imagination like "took 6 months to clear BT / u got kicked from every group / because u are trash" while this is nowhere near truth as I had only one static group for months.

There is almost no communication and co-op on Celestial Basin during boss time, while there are either 4 or 14 channels open and all bosses die pretty fast.

Instead of good stuff, they will gladly call you autistic or retarded. Sigh.

Also nice guide but the problem is that not many will read it anyways.

I agree that there is a majority of players with the mindset of "every man for himself and the devil take the hindmost". But at the end of the day, that doesn't benefit the game survival in any way. Plus if some of us keep refusing to join that majority, we will always encounter some random nice, helpful players too, and we'll have some fun time playing, which is the point (at least for me). 

Another tactics is just use KD--->No CC---->KD again.  Seems easier and allow safe egress and ingress from soulsep.  The thing is of course need keen person to time and callout the KD. Thus maximizing the soulsep time (more DPS) While retaining safety (you can egress safely out of soulsep)

The 15 points are the best if you want to understand it. If you're leading a pug and need to give quick explanation, the best way to do it is to write:

">1st CC KD to get in SS
>when in SS skip CC two times then KD on 3rd time"

It works every time, since it's simple and short enough to remember and some of people already have idea what you are talking about.
When it happens that most don't, it becomes obvious during normal world phase where they skip CC 2 times, instead of only 1 time, and sometimes people die because KD comes 1 sec too late before hellfire buff expires. So if you fail you can also try adding:

"> skip CC only 1 time in normal world, then KD on 2nd"

You can skip KD 3 times in SS to maximize DPS, but it is not recommended in a PUG because they might fail on the last chance to KD before SS buff runs out and everyone dies.

20 hours ago, YamiKokennin said:

For that In/Out or Out/In ring, for ranged people, just stand around 11m (like in BT with Raven King's punishment) and you can easily walk up/down to avoid it.

I don't know how melee folks do it though...

melee has to stand at 3m to dps to avoid punishment. when the punishment is inside ring first, then melee has to ss back (yes, if you stand at 3m from boss and ss back, you will be just enough to get out of the inner ring punishment. Then, for outside punishment, just walk in or charge in with any skills immediately.)

It is always harder for melee as they have to remember to stand at 3m. If they stand at 2m and ss back, they will still hit by the inner punishment.

Archived