Everyone past Desolate Tomb is a Jerk.

Minchan

Daily dash gives out forging orbs. On one round the board I landed on all 3, which kinda cool. How I was able to get my low geared gunner into DT EC and Foundry, I placed my gems from my main on her. Boosted her stats to 907 from 819. I was kinda sad they removed the upgrade pieces from Celestial Basin, NC should place them back, so people like the poster can get the upgrade parts.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, FrozenB said:

Then, i think you are out of topics here. Since from the very beginning, I have been stating that why people check AP or gears in lobby for higher end dungeons. I am not asking to be friend with full BT gear or lesser gear players. That's also why OP said everyone is jerk beyond DT dungeon because he/she doesn't meet other players' AP or gear requirement, so he/she has a hard time to find dungeon party in F8. Also, how can a stranger (party leader) knows that he/she has all the 4 features you mentioned? It is better to assume no one has all those 4 features, but using the facts in F2 to make the decision for recruiting.

If people can check all those 4 features you mentioned above in F8 lobby, they wouldn't even have the AP or gear requirement to begin with.

With your proposed situation, it would never occur to me as I would only run dungeons with less geared players if they are friends or clan-mates.

If there is a way to know that lesser gear player have all those 4 features, of course I would take him/her for dungeon. However, the question is how to know it before running dungeon with him/her? Please don't tell me "try to run dungeon with him/her once" because as I stated in my post earlier, there is higher chance to fail or slow down the dungeon run with these lesser gear players, based on my personal experience.

Does it mean that these lesser gear players can never run dungeon? NO, they can use LFP to run normal mode or make their own dungeon party with 800+ AP requirements. I am sure there are 1k+ AP players who don't mind carrying these lesser gear players. However, for me, I only have limited game time per day to run through all purple train dungeons every day. Of course, I want to finish each dungeon ASAP.

Perhaps I am out of topic as far as how you've been responding to this thread, but I asked my own original question to elicit a discussion on a related subject; a sub-topic if you will. I don't care who you choose to befriend, I merely wanted to know your opinion with regard to picking between skills or gear when it comes to pugs. Like I said I wasn't asking in terms of the F8 lobby but within the context of my own sub-topic. Using your imagination, suppose you did encounter a situation where you had to pick between decent gear, high skills versus high gear, mediocre skills? As you already answered, you'd pick the former. 

1 hour ago, FrozenB said:

However, for me, I only have limited game time per day to run through all purple train dungeons every day. Of course, I want to finish each dungeon ASAP.

This is the reason why players are "jerks." It's more of a time issue. God forbid they skip just one day of dailies.

Time to join the crimson side and come to "Usual Suspects" :^) . No. Seriously. Join us. Yer sound like a friendly person and if you don't mind being dragged along through all purple dungeons, then there's a good chance that you'll end up with better gear and profit more quickly including joining endgame raids and other benefits. If you haven't found a clan yet, hit me up via pm ingame or here on forums ( ign in my signature). Otherwise I hope yer found nice peeps and friendlier f8 groups. Cheers C:

1 hour ago, Sanjhiyan said:

This is the reason why players are "jerks." It's more of a time issue. God forbid they skip just one day of dailies.

Then, I still don't understand why these "innocent" players don't make their own dungeon party with their own requirement?

1) no one will join? - Then, what is the point of this topic? Posting here and saying people are jerks will change their points of view?

2) takes too much time to recruit? - Same reason as mine as we all want to finish dungeon run ASAP.

3) want to get carried? - Then, be honest about it and ask for carry. 

38 minutes ago, FrozenB said:

Then, I still don't understand why these "innocent" players don't make their own dungeon party with their own requirement?

1) no one will join? - Then, what is the point of this topic? Posting here and saying people are jerks will change their points of view?

2) takes too much time to recruit? - Same reason as mine as we all want to finish dungeon run ASAP.

3) want to get carried? - Then, be honest about it and ask for carry. 

Maybe it's all three, at the same time. And to make things worse, maybe they're playing outside of the server's prime time.

Archived