Minchan

Everyone past Desolate Tomb is a Jerk.

Minchan   

Good Day!

I am a kind of new but returning player (played since ncwest release, quit shortly after and came back recently) but basically a new character as I hit 50 on my FM.

For a week or so I have been progressing my weapon, AP and soul shields, bought a master pack - all of that stuff, because I want to hit the end game as I always did in mmos.

Up until Desolate Tomb everything was fine using F8 but now as my Weapon requires 3 Forging Orbs I obviously need to farm Nary Foundry but that's where I hit a wall. Not a skill wall, Not a pay wall, a community wall - In my opinion the most frustrating of them all. Whenever I join a group with my HM8 the group simply disbands just assuming I'm too low, therefore I must be bad and low damage. In the rare occasion that we do proceed with the run *about one in ten* I once ended up clearing with ease, not even got knocked down once and the other time everyone else told me to leave while calling me names, waiting on the second boss. As we just went for it it turns out I was the one holding aggro more than 70% of the time. The fact that my AP was just as high as theirs did not matter. Anyway, since I do understand that I am at the lower end of gear requirements for that instance and had aggro all the time, obviously everyone else has to have had even lower DPS which lead to us wiping and ultimately disbanding the party.

So my question now is, am I in the wrong because I am missing something? And if so, what else am I supposed to do now since my next upgrade requires me to farm that instance... I am currently sitting on 826 AP, 81k HP with 30/10 HM points. Which is also why I can't join groups via chat yet. Most of them seem to require 900+ AP which seems kind of ridiculous to me. In truth AP doesn't even seem to matter all that much. Yes I did  get upgrades and saw an increase in numbers but fingers and ping just seem way more important than hitting for 30k instead of 29k with the same skill. That is just my personal opinion though, feel free to enlighten me on that.

Suggestions on how I could keep progressing are more than welcome. Thanks in advance!

Edited by Minchan

Grimstar   

I have to agree with u on this, i recently returned too after quiting for a year. But when i quit i already had a stage 6 legendary, so at that time, i had pretty high ap.

Getting groups is just a pain in the a**, even atm i have 918 ap and it's hard finding groups for naryu sanctum or higher dungeons, cause everybody looks for 950+. This community in BnS has the most toxic and elite mentality i have ever seen in any MMO.

The only thing that can actually help u to grow, is joining a social guild. A guild with 15-20 active members will certainly help u to achieve certain upgrades.

Souba   

Situations like these are why it was a knee-jerk move on NCSoft's part to take the forging orbs and other upgrade materials out of Celestial Basin last patch, where you could have farmed them peacefully by doing peach quests instead of dealing with people like these (But people will sit and tell you its "easy" to get these things, when you end up facing this type of adversity no matter how hard you try to gear up and meet expectations and know mechs)

I'm sorry to see you having this type of experience. In my opinion, the situation where you had aggro may very well have happened because they were trolling you. I'm no expert, but it seems to me they were holding back their own DPS in order to make certain the run would fail so that they could blame it on you.  (I've had this happen once or twice, when my main was in the lower gear tier, similar to yours.)

What class are you? (I didn't see you mention it- but I might be misreading )

Boinger   

I'm down for starting group runs with newbies to learn the mechanics.  I'll be on tonight on Zulia!

if you are in Yura or meet people from Yura yes you certainly will be abandoned at your own luck i dont know nothing about zulai to be hoenst but yura if you dont have a clan you are  done...

I have no idea why some people have such ridiculous requirements for dungeons. It's even worse when the leader has like 825ap and tries to recruit 900+. I've never had any ap requirement when I'm recruiting with the exception of sanctum and above, and even then, I only request 850+ for sanctum and 900+ for EL and IF (though I'm a 1060 bm so I don't need to worry about finding a decent tank).

The only suggestion I can give you if you're trying to progress is to look for a clan if you don't already have one. Most clans do help out their members when asked. At the very least, look for some friends around your ap so you can work together to gear up and run dungeons together. It makes progressing a lot less boring. I've also seen many other people like me where they recruit via chat with no ap requirements. The best time to farm is when foundry or whatever dungeon you need to farm is part of the daily challenge. There's a lot more people running it during that time so you have a better chance at getting into a party.

There should be more people using lfp for foundry now that merchant of wonders is here so just continue hitting that lfp button. Just ignore the people that are bashing you. They're usually the minority and not the majority. The only reason a group might get upset at you is if you're taking aggro and are moving the boss around too much. Just keep trying and hopefully you'll end up with some decent people.

Edited by CookiesNmilk

Well.. Foundry used to be 700AP for 6 man and 750-800 for 4 man.  826 should be nice number.  But yeah. It's community problem.  Im fully agree.

I hit similar hurdle with my gunslinger alt.   Plus the dungeon has been nerfed so much that mech are now optional (Im still highly recommend to take flowers tho at Rocnar for self dmg mechanics. Driving orb in acrimor is completely optional, you can drive orb and got recovery and stacks removal.. useful if the fight take long)

Progression would be bit on tedious side as you need to actually farm gold to buy the item off marketplace (kinda expensive..i know 100G for sealed orb) Or just soldier your way with LFP.

Gennady   

That's why I am HM 11 with 857AP (can have more with "true accessories" but that would cost me crit) and never was in NF and had my first DT run today. Because people are looking for 900+ for EC and 950+ for DT. LFP worked for me. But with LFP, if party wiped just once on last boss - couple of people leave immediately. And nobody wants to do only last boss in DT.

I farmed forged orbs in celestial basin but now it's over. And I will need Xanos disc for baleful 12. Now we can get these materials for dailies but it would take a lot of time compared to celestial basin.

Awesome game but community is not so awesome.

Edited by Gennady

I agree with this. Celestial Basin is the best alternative. I also got some of my mats from events like the recent TOM. Hopefully the events this month will give me some mats too.

FlyingK   

F8 is a cesspool in general, enough so that it surprises me that people still try and use it instead of hitting up some of the public discords posted in reddit or faction chat. I also would recommend using Celestial Basin for as much as you can then start being very vocal in your clan for continued progression. My recommendation is to stay out of F8 for anything that you can't already solo or carry 90% of the work because you won't get much from the bottom feeders there.

Zagaroth   

yea sometimes u got sick player like that, just count its bad luck, u will get more toxic in 6v6, something like 'noob' idi*t', 'st*pid', etc is casual, someone want to solo n defend Brazier alone, sometime some ppl told u not to queu anymore, someone mad at u cuz u use TD than SB, somneone mad at u just cuz u ask 'is there merchant?', my suggest just bear with it.

o yeah i got my 3 forging orb one change from memory bell, one from NF bid, one from daily dash

the hard for me now is to get premium stone, i failed crfat though..

Edited by Zagaroth

Milennin   

Because for NF, the general requirement is 850 AP as a minimum, and most people won't accept anything too much below that. Also, HM 8 is pretty low, so people will think you're fresh out of the story mode and don't really know anything about the dungeon.

Best thing I could recommend:

-Befriend other players. Either those around your level, or higher level ones that could teach you.

-Join a clan that's willing to help new players.

-Grind until you get the minimum 850 AP requirement for NF and go from there.

KzE   

Dont worry, there is a super wall after NS. You need to get the stuff from raid...

Alkaa   

Well... funny story and I do agree on what you say'd  @Minchan .

I returned a 7 months ago just like you and I was HM8 and around 720 ap,  now I'm at around 1020 ap but I still remember the good old days and I promised myself to never forget were I started from... I still remember the pain in F8 when I did it with randoms and not my clan members... getting kicked so many times was a damn good reason for me to push on to always have a spot in whatever party I felt like joining... not an easy task were most of the time I just gave up and skipped some runs .. DT was the maximum I could join.

Now.. yesterday I joined a 950+ pt for DT HM , all nice at the start... we were 5 over 1000 ap and 1 at 800 that I guess the pt leader decided to let him stay... I didn't care much as I noticed his ap at the end of the raid....  now funny thing.. 1 guy left right from the very start...  d/c .. who knows...  and the pt leader started to rec. but no one noticed apart from me... I didn't say anything because we were 5.. and +1 .. even if his low gear...  we can just help him out even if it's HM...  and we didn't have a WL eather... so fingers crossed..

We end up at the last boss that a player joins... surprise.. it's a 800 ap WL ..  I wellcomed the wl.. hell.. SB even if his low ap.. it's still +dmg and + SB for the big boys...  but my party... not so much.. they start flaming the poor guy for joining ...  we wait for him.. and as we wait he gets flamed to no end...  and an idiot starts the boss.. we wipe ofc because of no roles and running like headless chickens....  aaaand .. 1 quit says "gl" and leaves and another guy just d/c ..   so were are left as a 4 man...  funny thing tho.. even if they are 800 ap.. that dose not mean they don't know the mech.... and we restarted and killed it easy...  mark / 2 / 3r / 3l , like clockwork.... no one died.. no one wiped....  so .. why do people forget the place they came ?    well the only reply I could have is that they managed to run in to complete idiots at low ap and just ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ things up, I know I have and I know at times I get pissed off as well, but I try and do my best and at least give a person a chance to prove themselfs witch in this case was perfect... they could have had 750 ap .. and we still would have cleared it easy.

And ofc the neck dropped... sad that there is no more 100 gold out of if ... thx for the middle finger yet again BNS ..  and ofc the Merchant spawned as well.

Bottom line .. people need to chill...   ok I understand the high ap needed for NS because the bosses have a lot of hp.. and IF and EL  again because of the high dmg that comes out from the adds and bosses...    but for the EC / DT / NF .. get real ... people quiting at the end of the boss because ? because what ? because his 800 ap ?    the suffering is high ... he joined .. so what..  just keep him as a dps and you do the mech.... at well over 1000 ap you would think people know what to do.... but they have no clue and they think a 800 has no idea either... but that's not the case .. well .. at least not all the time.  .. because there are some special snowflakes out there.

So.. in the end... people need to first give it a shot... see how it goes.. and then cry and rage and leave.

Today I have seen a bunch of HM12 and 13 at above 950 AP fail Naryu Foundry NORMAL first boss; the tank was a complete retard and the resposible for killing the adds was even worse...

So yeah, by those bad experience this is why nobody will ever trust your HM8 since nowadays is pretty easy to reach HM10~11 and still be a total noob.

Edited by Kosako Assano

After 800+ AP dungeons, people turn into Twats, jerks, trolls, pro wannabe's, they cuss at every turn, they bash people on every mistake, they do NOT care if is your 1st time, and especially if you do NOT know the mech, and god forbid if you wipe them, they will immediately say: I'm going to block you and ban you from all parties.

Now, here's why the game is bad:

1. Economy and inflation rates; 

Answer 1. It's obvious why, everything is expensive and you gotta farm a LOT to get the basic needs.

2. Toxic community in f8.

Answer 2. The post/thread you guys made is the outcry made by NORMAL HUMAN BEINGS who dislike being treated like resources and dumped when they make a boo-boo.

3. Lack of support from BnS to bugs, exploits, combating Macro in pvp, pve.

Answer 3. How you think some people have constant high dps in f8? they mash nonstop same rotation? WRONG, they use macros.

Sure, macros are rarely used in PVP due to being strictly monitored, but PVE is a macro fest, roughly 80% of the so called pro wanabe's are USING then complain to people who do 30-40k dps.

The biggest setback about Blade & Soul isn't NCsoft, isn't the f10, isn't the economy or trove, or whatever is fashionable to be whined about or the current trend that NCsoft isn't doing their bidding (which it will never DO, cuz is a BUSINESS, it has to be self sufficient and produce income revenue and pay bills, earn profit, but the average player won't understand this, as they were never taught ECONOMICS 101 in class).

Back to the main point, the biggest setback about BnS is: IT"S dweeb community which doesn't allow a friendly, coaching & guiding type of mentality and BASHES at people's skulls for any sort of lame MISTAKE be it a mech, be it ap, be it fashion sense, or whatever.  

So, readers of this thread, I dare you to do the following: 

- GET RID of this stupid ass mentality by making clans based on FUN & Friendly gameplay, Join these clans and spread the LOVE and the FUN that MMO's should all be about and stop partaking in these ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ teams, stop hitting LFP in f8. 

Shinki   
57 minutes ago, Takemikazuchi said:

After 800+ AP dungeons, people turn into Twats, jerks, trolls, pro wannabe's, they cuss at every turn, they bash people on every mistake, they do NOT care if is your 1st time, and especially if you do NOT know the mech, and god forbid if you wipe them, they will immediately say: I'm going to block you and ban you from all parties.

Answer 1. It's obvious why, everything is expensive and you gotta farm a LOT to get the basic needs.

Answer 2. The post/thread you guys made is the outcry made by NORMAL HUMAN BEINGS who dislike being treated like resources and dumped when they make a boo-boo.

Answer 3. How you think some people have constant high dps in f8? they mash nonstop same rotation? WRONG, they use macros.

Sure, macros are rarely used in PVP due to being strictly monitored, but PVE is a macro fest, roughly 80% of the so called pro wanabe's are USING then complain to people who do 30-40k dps.

The biggest setback about Blade & Soul isn't NCsoft, isn't the f10, isn't the economy or trove, or whatever is fashionable to be whined about or the current trend that NCsoft isn't doing their bidding (which it will never DO, cuz is a BUSINESS, it has to be self sufficient and produce income revenue and pay bills, earn profit, but the average player won't understand this, as they were never taught ECONOMICS 101 in class).

Back to the main point, the biggest setback about BnS is: IT"S dweeb community which doesn't allow a friendly, coaching & guiding type of mentality and BASHES at people's skulls for any sort of lame MISTAKE be it a mech, be it ap, be it fashion sense, or whatever.  

- GET RID of this stupid ass mentality by making clans based on FUN & Friendly gameplay, Join these clans and spread the LOVE and the FUN that MMO's should all be about and stop partaking in these ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ teams, stop hitting LFP in f8. 

^This!!!

To this point, you and anyone is welcome to my clan: Jade Winds On Cerulean and Bloodstone Winds on Crimson.

Sort of made this into a clan recruitment, wasn't my prime focus when I wrote this but heck, I'll follow up and own up to my previous statement!

Look me up in game too: Hajin Takemikazuchi <3

anime-hug-gif-12.gif

Oryani   

If someone needs some help with dungeon runs feel free to message Chichihara on Zulia if ii'm not busy or raiding i can help with, DT/NF/EC/NS

Shinki   
3 hours ago, Takemikazuchi said:

To this point, you and anyone is welcome to my clan: Jade Winds On Cerulean and Bloodstone Winds on Crimson.

Sort of made this into a clan recruitment, wasn't my prime focus when I wrote this but heck, I'll follow up and own up to my previous statement!

Look me up in game too: Hajin Takemikazuchi <3

anime-hug-gif-12.gif

Server's name? ^^

Minchan   
20 hours ago, Grimstar said:

I have to agree with u on this, i recently returned too after quiting for a year. But when i quit i already had a stage 6 legendary, so at that time, i had pretty high ap.

Getting groups is just a pain in the a**, even atm i have 918 ap and it's hard finding groups for naryu sanctum or higher dungeons, cause everybody looks for 950+. This community in BnS has the most toxic and elite mentality i have ever seen in any MMO.

The only thing that can actually help u to grow, is joining a social guild. A guild with 15-20 active members will certainly help u to achieve certain upgrades.

I should actually start searching for one, indeed...

20 hours ago, Souba said:

Situations like these are why it was a knee-jerk move on NCSoft's part to take the forging orbs and other upgrade materials out of Celestial Basin last patch, where you could have farmed them peacefully by doing peach quests instead of dealing with people like these (But people will sit and tell you its "easy" to get these things, when you end up facing this type of adversity no matter how hard you try to gear up and meet expectations and know mechs)

I'm sorry to see you having this type of experience. In my opinion, the situation where you had aggro may very well have happened because they were trolling you. I'm no expert, but it seems to me they were holding back their own DPS in order to make certain the run would fail so that they could blame it on you.  (I've had this happen once or twice, when my main was in the lower gear tier, similar to yours.)

What class are you? (I didn't see you mention it- but I might be misreading )

I'm a Force Master

18 hours ago, CookiesNmilk said:

I have no idea why some people have such ridiculous requirements for dungeons. It's even worse when the leader has like 825ap and tries to recruit 900+. I've never had any ap requirement when I'm recruiting with the exception of sanctum and above, and even then, I only request 850+ for sanctum and 900+ for EL and IF (though I'm a 1060 bm so I don't need to worry about finding a decent tank).

The only suggestion I can give you if you're trying to progress is to look for a clan if you don't already have one. Most clans do help out their members when asked. At the very least, look for some friends around your ap so you can work together to gear up and run dungeons together. It makes progressing a lot less boring. I've also seen many other people like me where they recruit via chat with no ap requirements. The best time to farm is when foundry or whatever dungeon you need to farm is part of the daily challenge. There's a lot more people running it during that time so you have a better chance at getting into a party.

There should be more people using lfp for foundry now that merchant of wonders is here so just continue hitting that lfp button. Just ignore the people that are bashing you. They're usually the minority and not the majority. The only reason a group might get upset at you is if you're taking aggro and are moving the boss around too much. Just keep trying and hopefully you'll end up with some decent people.

Sorry to say but those people are not quite a minority and on top of that very very vocal. Of course simply ignoring the would be the best solution but it's really taking away the fun for me... I almost feel like my time and money I spent on this game are completely wasted

6 hours ago, Takemikazuchi said:

Oath.

If anyone would like to hit me up in game clan-wise or anything really I'm on Jinsoyun, character name "Minchan"

Edited by Minchan

Miti   

I just want to add one point for my situation:

I use F8 for every raid because I don't have and want to take the time gathering ppl in guild.

Same applies for F8, so I just want a group of ppl who should know their stuff.

And AP and gear overall is the only good indicator for this.

Also time has told that this is actually true, and even if geared ppl don't know mechs they can still cheese.

So atleast for me there is no reason to do a dungeon <950 AP for most the time.

Minchan   
23 minutes ago, Miti said:

I just want to add one point for my situation:

I use F8 for every raid because I don't have and want to take the time gathering ppl in guild.

Same applies for F8, so I just want a group of ppl who should know their stuff.

And AP and gear overall is the only good indicator for this.

Also time has told that this is actually true, and even if geared ppl don't know mechs they can still cheese.

So atleast for me there is no reason to do a dungeon <950 AP for most the time.

You are the reason this topic exists

KzE   

People now even leave, if i join 900+ room with 900AP HM10 character. No raven, no party rule is the new trend? :D

Minchan   
23 minutes ago, KzE said:

People now even leave, if i join 900+ room with 900AP HM10 character. No raven, no party rule is the new trend? :D

How to get raven though when I can't even get a party for Foundry to get the orbs :D