Riftwalk 7-9

Kagus

the title says it all. Do you guys plan to force players to go a certain build?  Like for a sin they might as well go raven since it goes will the way to Aranus now as riftwalk and even pvp been stuck at stage 6 for like....forever?  Was expecting to see 7-9 with the new raid this patch but instead i just see  more and more reasons why all people talk about is going baleful and raven now its going to be aranus........so much for balanced or being able to chose a path that suits you best.

Riftwalk and Dawnforged were stuck at 3 before, then it got upgraded to stage 6 a few months ago if I recall correctly.

Right now, I think that they're doing this so that there is a clearly superior path (Raid path) and the other one (non-raid path) which may be superior for some builds. Also, remember that they want people to pay somewhere: By restricting our choice of higher tier weapons, they kinda force people in going for the Raven/Aransu tier, and for some players, buying stuff off F10 in the process (Raven Soul and such).

But yeah, I hear you and while I'm using Raven now, I kinda think that they should have increased the Dawnforged/Riftwalk maximum level, even if it meant that it had to cost a lot.

3 minutes ago, Pyrocyborg said:

Riftwalk and Dawnforged were stuck at 3 before, then it got upgraded to stage 6 a few months ago if I recall correctly.

Right now, I think that they're doing this so that there is a clearly superior path (Raid path) and the other one (non-raid path) which may be superior for some builds. Also, remember that they want people to pay somewhere: By restricting our choice of higher tier weapons, they kinda force people in going for the Raven/Aransu tier, and for some players, buying stuff off F10 in the process (Raven Soul and such).

But yeah, I hear you and while I'm using Raven now, I kinda think that they should have increased the Dawnforged/Riftwalk maximum level, even if it meant that it had to cost a lot.

Right! While Raven is superior due to it having a higher path than Riftwalk/Dawnforged if you remotely knew your way around lets say Riftwalk path as that is what i uses a Raven of the same stage would never come near you in terms of dps.  Even pvp path is now pointless as raven now has its evolved path available now.  They could of also at least added the remaining stages of rift/dawn and probably pvp also to give the other paths some kind of hope to see their paths continue.

i am a shadow sin and i use riftwalk which works far better with my rotations they really need to catch up on that line i will never go raven to be honest i feel that its over rated the only thing its got going for it is the fact it has much higher levels it seems like those of us that prefer this path are kinda screwed

3 minutes ago, JadedStone said:

i am a shadow sin and i use riftwalk which works far better with my rotations they really need to catch up on that line i will never go raven to be honest i feel that its over rated the only thing its got going for it is the fact it has much higher levels it seems like those of us that prefer this path are kinda screwed

i so agree! i'm  almost at 100k hit per hit with just bb and i dont even have a fully stage rifwalk or any BT accessories let alone bracelet... please add the remaining stages so i can continue my path.

It depends, really. Some classes and/or builds benefits from Riftwalk and appear to be superior when they've got their VT badge and VT Soul Shields and obviously, played properly: I recall seeing some parse about this when it comes to Fire BM. For most builds and/or gear level, Raven seems superior, but let's take Destroyer for example, as this is the only class I play at endgame:

With full BT accessories, bracelet and Raven Soul Shields, Raven stage 6 increased my personnal (F12) DPS by about 7% on multiple parses when compared to Riftwalk stage 6. It's not much, but where it really shines is in a group, with a Warlock and a Gunslinger (Soulburn, because of these Awakened Galeforce).

In a group, my DPS increased by around 15% compared to what it was before, and while I am not the best player there is, I know my class fairly well and I don't think that Shadow Destroyer can benefit as much from Riftwalk as it does from Raven, at least, for now with the gear we have and the state of the game, and I've used Riftwalk for months. What you gain in "boosted/burst" Galeforce during and after Fury (if you're using Divine Dragon bracelet) simply isn't on par with that passive buff you get for every single attack, especially when you have those BT elemental damage accessories. It's better for every Galeforce/Eradicate to hit for 15/30% more all the time than having your Fury cooldown reduced from around 37 secs to 23 secs, especially since your Fury sometimes end up being "up" when you can't attack and as you rely on it too much for your DPS, it hurts you pretty bad when you can't use it while it's up. Plus, in the case of a Destroyer, Raven kinda increases your survivability because you do not rely on Fury so much for your DPS, which can be hasardous sometimes (some attacks can one-shot you if you use your Fury at the wrong time).

As for Earth Destroyer, I agree that if Riftwalk had a higher tier, it could be superior as this builds really benefits from using Fury (and their VT badge increases Fury duration for 4 seconds, meaning that with Riftwalk and VT Soul Shields, they could end up being in Fury most of the time). Not that Shadow doesn't benefit from Fury, far from there, but as our VT badge doesn't increase Fury duration like it does for Earth, it makes Riftwalk less interresting that it can be for Earth.

Note that this isn't the case for every class or build. As I said, Fire Blade Masters and Earth Destroyers seems to be two classes/builds that I know that could end up staying with Riftwalk and be on par or superior to Raven players, given that they have every other gear maxed. There are probably others, but don't worry, they'll add Riftwalk/Dawnforged 7-9 in the near future.

As for the PvP path, I don't believe it to be useless. A lot of players have both Acendant and Raven 9 weapons. If Raven was clearly superior to Ascendant, they wouldn't be using an Ascendant weapon stage 3 instead of a Raven 9.

30 minutes ago, JadedStone said:

While I do not doubt that Riftwalk is impressive for an Assassin, unless you can test both weapons with the same gear, you cannot be sure that you're getting the most "of it". Honestly, this is something I hate : We can't test weapons for a few hours, and there is no way to revert it back without asking support (and being limited to one time per account). If you're unsatisfied with Raven, you're stuck with it until they introduce new paths in the lvl 55 content patch.

This is sad, especially since it requires a lot of materials to upgrade our weapons.

42 minutes ago, JadedStone said:

'never go raven' i did about 20k dps more when i switched from riftwalk stage 6 to raven and my rotation stayed the same , rotation being rmb f 4

5 minutes ago, Pyrocyborg said:

While I do not doubt that Riftwalk is impressive for an Assassin, unless you can test both weapons with the same gear, you cannot be sure that you're getting the most "of it". Honestly, this is something I hate : We can't test weapons for a few hours, and there is no way to revert it back without asking support (and being limited to one time per account). If you're unsatisfied with Raven, you're stuck with it until they introduce new paths in the lvl 55 content patch.

This is sad, especially since it requires a lot of materials to upgrade our weapons.

and as a shadow sin myself I'm never going raven ever.  and before the whales try to comment saying "oh cause you can't get it don't mean you should hate on it" i have every mat needed to make raven 6...but its soooooooooooo overrated and Rifitwalk would rule you if we had our stages completed... maybe that is why we keep getting refused??? which isn't fair.    But i so agree if you go one path right now in the game you will be stuck with raven the second you make one because unless you make dawn after your baleful its the only way you can chose between raven and rift. but if you didn't and went raven because of all the hype you hear....then your also screwed if you notice riftwalk would of suit your game play better.

4 minutes ago, tehs said:

'never go raven' i did about 20k dps more when i switched from riftwalk stage 6 to raven and my rotation stayed the same , rotation being rmb f 4

you sound like a shadow sin, meaning if you were using stealth with rifitwalk you should never see its benefits because all the rest of your gear will be based towards lighting 

magnum soul badge and skyrift mystic badge and Cosmic soul stage 1: 4 v 2 4 rmb f until poison/skyrift runs out, continue 4 rmb f, poison run out 3 tab z/1 4 4 and continue
This almost has a 99% uptime on tiger bracelet and skyrift badge(20%crit and 2 focus on DarkStrike)

then you also know by going raven you will no longer be able to maintain a full 5 stack poison constantly due to the cool down going to 45 sec and even with magnum soul badge you wouldn't be able to lower the cool down low enough to reuse your poison to regain that 5 stack, So your dark strike lowest the 1292-1405 additional dmg on enemy with 5 stacks  so yes while your brust dps goes up by a little bit a shadow sin using a riftwalk in those secs you have to way to reuse out dps you and remains higher dps due to its constant 5 stacking...sooooo lets see in a raid where there are long fights on bosses you'll be out dps by a riftwalk sin of the same staged if he knows how to utilize the benefits of a shadow sin perfectly.

So as Pyrocyborg stated earlier some classes/builds can out dps its raven counterparts...if you know what your doing.

and again by doing that your using dark strike less so your dps still will be lower let along using up a ton of unnecessary focus and even if you smoke screen only the first one will help all others will still make your you for cool down before being able to smoke screen again so youll use up ton of focus and will have to start lmb to regain it in which again by then your dark strike dps went done while you did all of that.

On top of that while lighting is a great build for sins mainly for pve and pvp using prem stealth.  when you get to high dungeon bosses with true sight, let along the ones that makes decoy useless or the others that have random attacks any party member, you find it very hard maintain stealth while focusing on boss mech, while trying to dodge some aoe or straight attacks while trying to use your skills to keep you stealth while some aoe you just cant avoid due to the knock back and your knocked out of stealth and your rotations gets messed up while you try to get them back your being out dps by a shadow sin who doesnt have to worry about any of that stealth....must i go on?

I think the main reason why we still don't have the access of Riftwalk/Dawnforged 7-9 is because the weapons to upgrade them are from dungeons that aren't released yet in our servers.

Stage 6 --> 7 requires the Taepyung weapon from Ebondrake Lair.

Stage 7 --> 8 requires the Canyon weapon from Startones Mines (not released yet).

Stage 8 --> 9 requires the Bearded Root weapon from Airbord Highland (not released yet).

Note the dungeon names might be different in our servers.

Right I'm a Rift user and I agree with the adding the path in there. I don't plan on going Raven for my WL simply because I lose my Leech CD so I'm sticking with Rift. But to release the other paths so far ahead makes our Stage 6 Rift/Dawn and Ascendants 6 useless. Hope they release the others soon before the end of the year.

Archived