Looking for a response on HM skills.

Happiny

I would like it if someone from NC would make a statement on HM skills.
You need to be gold rank to actually buy any of the offals/ember from the trader, is this intended or not?
If it's not intended when can we expect some sort of fix?

I think alot of people who have been preparing their items for the cost reduction would appreciate a official response

It is a totally moronic decision.  First they remove the ability to buy the items from the dragon express for premium members.  And the express had no limitations or restrictions on buying them, by the way.  Then they make a player have to be silver and  gold for arena.  The other option is to  win a lot of matches in 6s.  

Both of those suck.  How is an under geared alt with no skills supposed to win in 6s? I would never take my under geared and no skills alt into 6s. It would never be fair to my team mates.   Getting to gold with an alt ( with no skills ) isn't easy either.  Especially for certain classes. 

On top of it all, they totally slapped premium players in the face when they removed the ability to buy from dragon express. They made it unnecessarily difficult for players who are new or have alts.

It is great that they lowered the cost, but seriously.... it isn't making it any easier or accessible to get.  Some players don't like pvp.  Some players suck at pvp.  So now they are getting punished by not being able to get gold to get their skills. 

I even read faction chat today, some guy bought the duelist bundle.  Yet he can't use the stuff from there, because he isn't gold.  What is the point of selling the bundle if you are going to have those restrictions?   If a player is good enough to get to gold, they wouldn't need to buy the bundle.  I felt badly for the poor guy.  He said he tried for hours to get to gold.  But he couldn't do it.  He said he just wasn't good enough and has over 340+ping.  Now he has a bundle that he paid for and can't use.  He has skills he wants, that he can't get. 

Not a smart choice at all, with these restrictions.  It helps no one!  Cost reduction... YAY! Great!  Thank you!  Restrictions... BAD! Not helpful!

NCWest hurts their own sales of Duelist's Bundles and Premiumship with this change.

With the upcoming Premiumship compensation for Radiant Energy, it is actually a very good time to boost sales of Duelist's Bundles, if ONLY they keep the no-rank-requirement for HM skills from pvp.

"Make it more accesible... For experienced PvP-Players"

I also think it is quite stupid to have still the gold rank restriction. On one hand they should remove the restriction or on the other hand they should bring back the hm skills for premium members. The bundle is just a good option when you are gold rank, and for a, more or less good casual PvP Player, the hm skills are necessary to reach gold rank. It is quite senseless what they did in my opinion

so if player that bad in pvp because of high ping...there is no way they gonna get their hm skills? most of hm skills is needed for pve...gold rank is hard for high ping players...and pls dont make a dumb comments like *git gud* *get better internet connection* etc2

49 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

Arent most of them acount bound anyway?

Some were recently made bound to account. I believe they made the books sendable to alts. They are silver requirement. But the offals and gold requirement items are not.

Of course these are the hardest to get in pve too.  I have been playing since beta.  I have 10 character.  I run sogun's lament on them every day.  I have never seen an asura ember drop.   I have only seen 1 offal drop which was from gloomdross. 

10 hours ago, Happiny said:

I would like it if someone from NC would make a statement on HM skills.
You need to be gold rank to actually buy any of the offals/ember from the trader, is this intended or not?
If it's not intended when can we expect some sort of fix?

I think alot of people who have been preparing their items for the cost reduction would appreciate a official response

It was intentional from NC soft. They just want either to "force" players to go in arena / 6v6 or "force" them to pay the duelist bundle (available only with Ncoins by the way).

Enjoy. itchingsmile.gif

Wait wasn't this patch meant to help the players? Instead it is doing the opposite and seems to be entrenched in a mass of stupid.

Why didn't they just leave the items in the Dragon Express store and at the same time make it cheaper in the PvP vendor store?

Seriously NCSOFT West, why are making your players suffer? We want to like the game, we want to spend money on it, we want to support it, but you are actively making it ridiculously hard for us to feel good doing so.

The answer to making items more accessible isn't locking them behind more walls...

For a new player who purchased the bundle now has no where to spend, without hongmoon skills it is almost impossible to reach gold nowadays.  -- any staff try this he will know what needs to be done.

So, what's the point putting a gold barrier?

And the cost actually increases..

Some of the staffs need new jobs, like ..what manager, what producer.. or who in charge with those great ideas. KR, TW, JP system is not in this way. Its NC's new idea.

Same here, I bought a duelist pack for my twink and was holding on to it because of the cost reduction of tokens needed to buy skills. I really suck at pvp, I will never see the gold rank and I have no gear for 6v6 on an alt. (Not even on my main xD) They have to do something about it, ppl buy duelist pack with real money and still can't get their HM skills. q.q

Yeah I noticed that some prices increased! So much for accessibility.

Players have to earn the Zen beans and the blood points to get these. But now with the restrictions they are limiting it to those good in pvp, those with certain PvP excelling classes that can just wreck you in 1 burst, and those with good ping. 

Earning the beans and points should be sufficient. The other restrictions are just wrong. 

I wish I would have had more time to do arena before this patch. But since I have MS, I cant play much. My hands werent working and PvP on a controller sucks. I trusted them when they said reduction and easier to get.  Boy was I wrong to do that. 

It is too bad that I didn't have funds to buy the duelist bundle before the patch. But meds and bills come before a game.  All I can say is that I am very tilted with the increase and unnecessary restrictions. 

I was thinking of buying duelist bundle on my 2nd main, just the other day.... Now I won't. Not going to waste NC on something that not usable.

@NCSOFT You are losing cash inflow with this poor decision to make this requirement and starting next month I won't purchase premium anymore, why?

Because premium has lost it's value:

- You removed many items only available to premium members from Dragon Express;

- You made the gathering exp % bonus and many other of it's perks obsolete;

- You didn't add any new benefits whatsoever in the recent updates (this year);

You tell us why keep purchasing premium? 

Seems like F2P is getting all the benefits at no cost (except the wardrobe) 

This current Premium is sad and depressing..... Do you even want us to buy it!??

original.gif

I think the guy who makes all these stupid decisions don't play bns. 

Nowadays ITS IMPOSSIBLE get gold rank. Nobody plays pvp and who plays it is godly good.  It is just cancer and boring.

I already removed my premium because is just worthless as Takemi mentioned. I also bought a duelist bundle to gear up my gunner. I asked for a refund because this is a scam. They're selling a bundle which you "cant" use.

I think I will send my resume to ncsoft, because they're are just bad.

23 hours ago, 878750_1452550456 said:

Same here, I bought a duelist pack for my twink and was holding on to it because of the cost reduction of tokens needed to buy skills. I really suck at pvp, I will never see the gold rank and I have no gear for 6v6 on an alt. (Not even on my main xD) They have to do something about it, ppl buy duelist pack with real money and still can't get their HM skills. q.q

For that reason I have bought said pack before update to buy asura ember and offals on my twinks while dragon express access lasted and leave the rest after reduction.
And.. to be honest that bundle is for pvp players who can get their skills easier that way. It was never intended for pve players (at least I think so). We have pve way of obtaining it after all.. hard or not. Though I hope they're going to do something about volumes that drop from abandoned dungeons. Because it's not even funny to farm Necro for volume 2 or Gloom for offal. :(

1 hour ago, Lee Nyan said:

For that reason I have bought said pack before update to buy asura ember and offals on my twinks while dragon express access lasted and leave the rest after reduction.
And.. to be honest that bundle is for pvp players who can get their skills easier that way. It was never intended for pve players (at least I think so). We have pve way of obtaining it after all.. hard or not. Though I hope they're going to do something about volumes that drop from abandoned dungeons. Because it's not even funny to farm Necro for volume 2 or Gloom for offal. :(

Unfortunately I didn't know about the new gold rank restriction and waited until the patch to drop. Also they told us about a cost reduction which increased instead, so now I am double screwed, sitting on my duelist pack for nothing. The pack itself benefits both pve and pvp players, since it's almost impossible to earn those skills through pve. The problem is that HM skills are not 'nice to have' but crucial to play your class properly. I earned them all for my first character through pve, so I know the pain how it is to spam CS and run Sogun's over and over again until I finally lost my nerve and bought the ember from f5. Same with the offals. And I never got the Chap. 2, part 2 book either, its price when showing up in the market is out of my reach. I bought the pack for my twink to save me from that struggle a second time and now all I can do is ask for a refund because it's useless. Glad I have not opened it yet.

Yeah I might ask for a refund as well for my duelist pack. It's useless now with the skills being locked behind the pvp wall.

And this patch was meant to "help" the players. Yeah right, so much for delivering on your expressed "expectations".

I just can't be happy with the latest patch. It was introduced as something so positive and exciting yet now that it is here, it feels so underwhelming and misrepresented not to mention the negativity that taints it thanks to the last minute change with the Radiant Energy. I want to believe in NCSoft West, but they really do make it hard for themselves...

25 minutes ago, Oryani said:

And what dos this all tell us never listen to NCSoft,  the same shit is now with the Draken stuff dropping at stage 1 yeah nice but at the same time they are not account bound anymore like the plain draken necklace was....... i canceled my premium too 

Draken's aren't account bound any more?  EEK!  Glad that I farmed a few necklaces and sent them to alts before the patch.  Never had luck with the belt though.

1 minute ago, SnugglesFairie said:

Draken's aren't account bound any more?  EEK!  Glad that I farmed a few necklaces and sent them to alts before the patch.  Never had luck with the belt though.

Nope stage 1 is not bound to account anymore so unless they change you can't get it with your main and send it over ...

Archived