Forums

Radiant Energy Antique Exchange Compensation

Youmukon

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, fruiteaterz said:

Just chill off already. As an EU player i could be angry for the extended downtime yet i'm not even impatient in the slightest. watch some tv or listen to the radio. Complaining won't get anyone anywhere. The compensation is a nice thing however i would have very preferred them not doing it and stick to the 10g per radiants as people are likely to abuse the plus five extra gold once EU goes live again. Everyone will be buying out remaining radiant energies for potentially extra gold.

For humans love and not consider the ones who spend 15 gold for it right? Ncsoft wants to face all problems with common sense now xD

7 hours ago, Youmukon said:

To that end we’re going to be taking a couple steps to alleviate the concerns you’ve raised with the Radiant Energy exchange: 
We’ve read a lot of your feedback, and we just want to make it clear that this is not how we wanted or intended to start what is overall a very positive new gem system. It’s important to us that we continue to build your trust, and when we need to make tough and sometimes unpopular decisions, that we’re able to act quickly and appropriately to reinforce that trust.

1) I paid real world money for in game currency for this (yea, some people will call me stupid for that I know).  I want that refunded and not some other stuff I didn't want!

2) "continue to build your trust" is a joke.  You just flushed it down the toilet.

Not at all amused.

So when do we get that nice premium compensation? I didn't really care about this Radiant Energy problem since I don't ride the economy during major updates but I still bought one to exchange for this xD

11 hours ago, Youmukon said:

Because it’s a brand new system—we’re the first region to get it—changes and tweaks have been ongoing. And as you may have heard, that unfortunately meant the Radiant Energy exchange communicated last week was revised as of Monday. This decision came after additional data regarding our region’s economy was being researched.

Our goal is always to provide the most accurate and up-to-date information possible; however, we don’t think it’s reasonable to expect we won’t ever change something after communicating it. But we do expect that we’ll make things right when players have been adversely impacted by the ongoing (and sometimes fast-paced) nature of development.

Not read everything so someone else might have already pointed this out but 2 questions...

1) Why was the research not done till monday?

2) If you found out monday, why wait till tuesday night to inform people?

TBH i still think 15g is not a fair price, looking on the market and faction chat, gem powder goes for 60 and 45 respectively, so you need 3 radiant energy to get 1 powder by announcing, it's not even close of 1:1 that was promised on the stream, and also it have a second consequence, the influx of gold in the market, and with the currency exchange going to hell with less than 1:3, and the whales who feed the CE with their NCoin getting more gold, they'll feed less the CE and the gold value will drop even more.

Now my tip for this, give some venture tokens for the players, so we can buy it for the HM Store (F10), and get some gem powders asap. Also, UPDATE the radiant ring craft, because it's still needs Radiant Energy for Gem Pouch craft.

And for the last, NCsoft is a company and a company must always deliver what it promises, otherwise it's word will not serve anything and with that will lose the confidence of it's consumers.

This is a great effort so thanks for this... I still have a question though.

I tried to craft pentagonal diamonds earlier but I didnt push through with it because I saw that crafting gems still has radiant energies required. Are radiant ring crafters also covered by this conpensation?

When they steal me about 150 powders and give me 10g-15g instead (only after the whole player base is enraged and RE being worth about 20g - 10g just because of trove right before) it is NOT a compensation at any means, it's still a fraud.

Considering you did this after announcing the powders and only a few hours before maintenance (whose time and length is another fraud and another topic) when you had other choices like moving the patch to next week to think about this properly makes you an unreliable affiliate.

Counting in the poor trove (and making the loots from it worthless shortly after) and the poor costume chest there isn't even a reason to F10 anymore, it's just not worth it.

Premium members got another kick in the ass and premium is pretty much useless right now.

And like with the Pet Pods you made the availiability of gems even less. So exactly the opposite of what you said.

These things made me really upset after spending much money (more than i wanted, because i like the game and F10 was worth it) into this game.

But the WORST you did now is after robbing me by 150 powders you sell them in F10 instantly.

That's ridiculous and took me to a simple and needed conclusion after being a paying player since beta:

I won't spend any more money into this game and company!

I really hope you are happy about your decisions.

I have been meditating on our new situation.    

We haven't been screwed over.

They have to eliminate the Radiant energy, so they cash us out at 15gold(when they dole out the extra 5g). do your own math for the total

Being barely a guppy of a spender, I mostly roll ftp style and farm.

I can only focus on one or two areas of gear upgrade at one time cuz expensive.

I happened to be working on gems since last march when the huge gear change happened. that seemed to be a stable thing to pursue without interruption.

OLD WAY;

I would get 3 pents from hongmoon specials and get hex's from events.  but lets say I built a hex ruby from scratch by buying all 3 times they offered rubies

it was about 450 coins for all 3, so 1350 coins for a hex worth of pents. at the 3:1  exchange+10% eat-it fee, we are talking 500 gold

so, for all 3 sets of pents(9 total) we paid 1500 gold

NOW you get your 20 radiant energies+ 10mysterious xtals and other lesser mats (and moonstones, make note) and throw a couple gold and get a hex

now you do that 2 more times. now you are out 60 radiant energies and 30 mysterious and x gold of mats

NOW we build our hept. 40 radiants or 35 or w/e 20 mystery xtals, MOAR moonstones and mats and MOAR gold

someone do the math...serious investment to build that hept ruby. 100ish radiants alone

NEW WAY  lets say I just blaze into the AH with cashish and raid the fridge like a boss.     

I need 12 powders to make 3 hex...600-700gold at right now prices. I need 6 more powders and a frag(10 powders) or 800-1000 gold to build the hept

I blew<2k gold and in 30 seconds had a hept ruby

MY PERSONAL CONCLUSION: they gave away the farm. ima STFU and farm that farm....i'm good with even if we never get the extra 5gold per radiant when I look at the big picture

I was working on accumulating the 80 radiantx2 for upping my hex ruby and hex citrine to hepts so I had a fair stack of those, like 130ish

they are giving me like 1800 gold for that. they gave me my hept just for my radiants.   extremely generous from that perspective.

eBeers for the devs, a whole eCase.

22 hours ago, Vimi said:

So when do we get that nice premium compensation? I didn't really care about this Radiant Energy problem since I don't ride the economy during major updates but I still bought one to exchange for this xD

Even if you do exploit for the compensation, don't just say it out loud in forum.

I do hope that they check the transaction of each player/account so that only people who had radiant energy before the compensation announcement was made could receive the 1-week premium or else it is basically giving out 1-week free premium to everyone in the game, not exclusive to the people who were actually affected by the issue.

On 10/18/2017 at 9:17 PM, Youmukon said:

• Awarding 5 extra gold per each Antique turn-in to try to get closer to the current marketplace value. We’ll be looking into the Antiques exchanges from now until 11/1 and distributing each week’s extra gold during the next two Wednesday maintenances.

Does anyone know how they are planning to implement this? Since right now exchanging them seems to only give us the 10g item.

Hi,

Your support team denied they heard NCSoft has this compensation plan. Can you please confirm that this is an official announcement and legally binding?

Also, you guys sneakly change the minimum gold/NCoin exchange rate from 3 to 2. This leads to 33% shrink of everyone's wealth. How are you going to compensate this?

"The Today’s Specials sales are locked in weeks ahead of time, and so the Radiant Energy going on sale 10/11 & 10/16 were unfortunately timed after our livestream, but before this change was announced. That assuredly was not our intent, and so we’ll be:

Refunding all purchases of Radiant Energy from Today’s Specials on 10/11 & 10/16, and you can expect your NCoin/Hongmoon Coin back in your inventory by next maintenance. You’ll get to keep any Radiant Energy purchased, so feel free to sell it in the Antique exchange."

Unfortunately I bought and used those to upgrade a gem a day before, If I had known.. I would not have purchased them.  The only way to verify that is to go back into my purchased goods list. Kind of a pain to have spent $$ and used something that was slated to be discontinued. In a matter of speaking it could be considered intentional fraud of its customer base, because you knew long before we did these changes were coming.

13 hours ago, Fieryfly said:

"The Today’s Specials sales are locked in weeks ahead of time, and so the Radiant Energy going on sale 10/11 & 10/16 were unfortunately timed after our livestream, but before this change was announced. That assuredly was not our intent, and so we’ll be:

Refunding all purchases of Radiant Energy from Today’s Specials on 10/11 & 10/16, and you can expect your NCoin/Hongmoon Coin back in your inventory by next maintenance. You’ll get to keep any Radiant Energy purchased, so feel free to sell it in the Antique exchange."

Unfortunately I bought and used those to upgrade a gem a day before, If I had known.. I would not have purchased them.  The only way to verify that is to go back into my purchased goods list. Kind of a pain to have spent $$ and used something that was slated to be discontinued. In a matter of speaking it could be considered intentional fraud of its customer base, because you knew long before we did these changes were coming.

If you send tickets, they can check your record. If you really did upgrade your gems, then they will revert them back for sure. You just have to do it quickly.

So if we exchanged a radiant energy using the antiques menu for 10 gold, we also get 7 days of premium for making the exchange at least once from 10/18/17 - 11/01/17, right?

So I exchanged 3 radiant energies I had, got the 3 entries of 5 gold in my mailbox. Now I wasn't given any premium. Is it a fix that was supposed to happen as the maintenance went into effect and did I just get screwed? Because that's also 7 spins I'm getting screwed out of as well. And even if they do give me the premium next maintenance, I'm screwed anyways because I will be gone on a mission starting from the 1st of November to the 9th.. Just wondering? And do I put in a ticket if this was a ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤-up on NCwest's part?

I would like to point out that 15G per RE is still horribly low.

The powders were selling at 150G when first released, I personally liquidated ~10 at 85G each. Now I had somewhere between 100-200 RE. If the conversion was 1:1 RE to HP, I would have 100 HP at 85G each which would become 8500G (I am assuming I had 100 as don't recall exactly). Instead I got 1000G and now 1500G. Doesn't add up.

Adding 5G to RE conversion is cheap, right now even HP is stilling at 40G in F5 on my server. 15 = 40? Adding 50G per RE would have been far more realistic. Now, adding 20-30G seems more fair. 5G is just cheap.

A lot of us spent hundreds of dollars on trove and stocked on RE (I am one of those players who thew a few hundred at trove and stocked up a lot of RE), this is quite a slap in the face for us. Might put off people from playing Trove in the future, I don't think anything more needs to be said as Trove is probably one of your most lucrative events in terms of money spent.

5 hours ago, swpz said:

I would like to point out that 15G per RE is still horribly low.

The powders were selling at 150G when first released, I personally liquidated ~10 at 85G each. Now I had somewhere between 100-200 RE. If the conversion was 1:1 RE to HP, I would have 100 HP at 85G each which would become 8500G (I am assuming I had 100 as don't recall exactly). Instead I got 1000G and now 1500G. Doesn't add up.

Adding 5G to RE conversion is cheap, right now even HP is stilling at 40G in F5 on my server. 15 = 40? Adding 50G per RE would have been far more realistic. Now, adding 20-30G seems more fair. 5G is just cheap.

A lot of us spent hundreds of dollars on trove and stocked on RE (I am one of those players who thew a few hundred at trove and stocked up a lot of RE), this is quite a slap in the face for us. Might put off people from playing Trove in the future, I don't think anything more needs to be said as Trove is probably one of your most lucrative events in terms of money spent.

This is the reason why they have to make the change. As you said, you alone have stocked up 100-200 RE right after the announcement from trove alone. Imagine that there are thousands of players out there doing the same things. The amount of RE in the game suddenly raised up 100-1000 folds in the game. So, right before the maintenance, when they checked the amount of RE in the game, they found that there were un-usual amount of them, which would crash the market and decrease the value of the gems and this was not what they want. It is also for the future's legendary triangle gem (which will be transmuted from hm octa gem). If they don't do anything, players would be stock up tons of gem powders and in the future, the legendary gem's value will be decreased a lot too.

I am not saying what the company did was the right things to do. In fact, they did a horrible thing (they should just rollback all the RE between the announcement was made and the maintenance time). I think they should better think about what should be made in the announcement in the future's patch. It is fine to talk about upcoming events, new dungeons, new raids and such. However, for these exchanges or weapon upgrades, they should keep it as secret/ninja patch so that players wouldn't know about it until the maintenance/patch is done. So, players can't stock up the materials or do whatever they can do to gain advantages from the new patch and the market wouldn't be crashed so horrible before the patch.

On 10/28/2017 at 1:03 AM, FrozenB said:

This is the reason why they have to make the change. As you said, you alone have stocked up 100-200 RE right after the announcement from trove alone. Imagine that there are thousands of players out there doing the same things. The amount of RE in the game suddenly raised up 100-1000 folds in the game. So, right before the maintenance, when they checked the amount of RE in the game, they found that there were un-usual amount of them, which would crash the market and decrease the value of the gems and this was not what they want. It is also for the future's legendary triangle gem (which will be transmuted from hm octa gem). If they don't do anything, players would be stock up tons of gem powders and in the future, the legendary gem's value will be decreased a lot too.

I am not saying what the company did was the right things to do. In fact, they did a horrible thing (they should just rollback all the RE between the announcement was made and the maintenance time). I think they should better think about what should be made in the announcement in the future's patch. It is fine to talk about upcoming events, new dungeons, new raids and such. However, for these exchanges or weapon upgrades, they should keep it as secret/ninja patch so that players wouldn't know about it until the maintenance/patch is done. So, players can't stock up the materials or do whatever they can do to gain advantages from the new patch and the market wouldn't be crashed so horrible before the patch.

Well to be frank, making items that were useful that players paid real money for vanish on a whim is shaky grounds, potential for lawsuits exist.

Add to the fact that this gem change is NA exclusive, it's not looking good for NC at all here.

There aren't thousands of players who can do this. The stocking via trove (the easiest way) is mostly done by whales. These aren't the types of players NC will want to lose business from. Just saying. There was no market for gems as the initial starting price could be set at anything anyone wanted. People simply decided 160G was a good price to start with, and as paying players always have the say, that is where it started. Gems have been untradeable forever and so there has never been any G value for them. All value is in RNG and NC coin as the only way to obtain gems efficiently was via Trove.

The argument that thousands of HP would "crash" a nonexistent market is silly. You can't crash a market that didn't exist before and what NC could easily have done was lower the exchange rate from 1:1 to something lower. 2RE:1HP would still have been better than what they opted to do.

As it stands 10 and later 15G per RE is still a complete rip off given that the cheapest price of HP will be 40G at current NC:G conversion rates.

Advantage hmm? Well then you have players like myself who had hundreds of RE simply because it was the best reward for certain rolls of Trove and that selling it at 10G down from 25G was absurd. Obviously one would wait till the price recovered before liquidating.

On 10/28/2017 at 1:03 PM, swpz said:

Well to be frank, making items that were useful that players paid real money for vanish on a whim is shaky grounds, potential for lawsuits exist.

Add to the fact that this gem change is NA exclusive, it's not looking good for NC at all here.

There aren't thousands of players who can do this. The stocking via trove (the easiest way) is mostly done by whales. These aren't the types of players NC will want to lose business from. Just saying. There was no market for gems as the initial starting price could be set at anything anyone wanted. People simply decided 160G was a good price to start with, and as paying players always have the say, that is where it started. Gems have been untradeable forever and so there has never been any G value for them. All value is in RNG and NC coin as the only way to obtain gems efficiently was via Trove.

The argument that thousands of HP would "crash" a nonexistent market is silly. You can't crash a market that didn't exist before and what NC could easily have done was lower the exchange rate from 1:1 to something lower. 2RE:1HP would still have been better than what they opted to do.

As it stands 10 and later 15G per RE is still a complete rip off given that the cheapest price of HP will be 40G at current NC:G conversion rates.

Advantage hmm? Well then you have players like myself who had hundreds of RE simply because it was the best reward for certain rolls of Trove and that selling it at 10G down from 25G was absurd. Obviously one would wait till the price recovered before liquidating.

Yes, I know you can't sell the gems, but they are account-bound, which mean a player can just upgrade a set of end-game gems and he/she is done for rest of all his alts. Also, as I stated, it is for the future legendary gems. They just don't want to flush in too many HM octa gems into the game yet or else when the legendary gems patch comes, majority of the people will have them already. I don't know if you know it. Their business model is similar as a normal distribution graph where around 10% of new players with basic gears, 10% of super whales with max gear, and 80% (in the middle of the graph) are struggling to gear up.

That's the reason why whenever we have new patches (new end-game gears), they always have to nerf or do cost-reduction on the old content or gears.

I don't know which server you were from, but RE never went up to 25G each before. It went up to 19-20G max and this was after they made the announcement of trading RE with gem powder. 

Anyways, I still don't think they did the right thing, but whatever. As many people said it could be a lawsuit to the company, I am wondering if there are actual players  who would do it or bluffing since they are just mad. It is pointless to say stuff if no action is being taken.

• Liinxy unpinned this topic
  • Liinxy locked this topic

Archived