Radiant Energy Antique Exchange Compensation

Youmukon

• NCSOFT

Hey all,

We recently announced a needed change to the Antique exchange rate for Radiant Energy in the Rage of the Hive Queen update. This was part of the update’s new gem system, a new way for all players to obtain, upgrade, and exchange gems, and something we implemented in response to your feedback about making gem upgrades more accessible.

Because it’s a brand new system—we’re the first region to get it—changes and tweaks have been ongoing. And as you may have heard, that unfortunately meant the Radiant Energy exchange communicated last week was revised as of Monday. This decision came after additional data regarding our region’s economy was being researched.

Our goal is always to provide the most accurate and up-to-date information possible; however, we don’t think it’s reasonable to expect we won’t ever change something after communicating it. But we do expect that we’ll make things right when players have been adversely impacted by the ongoing (and sometimes fast-paced) nature of development.

To that end we’re going to be taking a couple steps to alleviate the concerns you’ve raised with the Radiant Energy exchange: 

• The Today’s Specials sales are locked in weeks ahead of time, and so the Radiant Energy going on sale 10/11 & 10/16 were unfortunately timed after our livestream, but before this change was announced. That assuredly was not our intent, and so we’ll be:
    • Refunding all purchases of Radiant Energy from Today’s Specials on 10/11 & 10/16, and you can expect your NCoin/Hongmoon Coin back in your inventory by next maintenance. You’ll get to keep any Radiant Energy purchased, so feel free to sell it in the Antique exchange. 
  • The goal of the change from 1 Hongmoon Gem Powder per Radiant Energy to 10 gold was to keep the new gem economy from a catastrophic influx of Gem Powders. While we believe that ultimately still to be the correct decision for the long-term health of this new gem system, we understand some of you have spent a lot of gold, and due to the changing valuation of Radiant Energy are very likely now facing a net loss. As to not impact the new gem economy, but make right by those who purchased Radiant Energy, we’ll be:
    • Awarding 5 extra gold per each Antique turn-in to try to get closer to the current marketplace value. We’ll be looking into the Antiques exchanges from now until 11/1 and distributing each week’s extra gold during the next two Wednesday maintenances.
    • Providing 7 days Premium Membership as a one-time grant per account that exchanges a Radiant Energy during the 10/18 to 11/1 period.

We’ve read a lot of your feedback, and we just want to make it clear that this is not how we wanted or intended to start what is overall a very positive new gem system. It’s important to us that we continue to build your trust, and when we need to make tough and sometimes unpopular decisions, that we’re able to act quickly and appropriately to reinforce that trust.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very nice NC. 15g is really fair and square. 4 Powder for a Hexa Gem is honestly way too overkill. same with 2K gold = Octa. 

Why not just make it 15g immediately instead of rolling them out in upcoming weeks though. 

Also no compensation for 8 and half hour maintenance for EU and NA gets 3 hour only?

f9VPcXP.png

1 minute ago, TakunDes said:

Very nice NC. 15g is really fair and square. 4 Powder for a Hexa Gem is honestly way too overkill. same with 2K gold = Octa. 

Why not just make it 15g immediately instead of rolling them out in upcoming weeks though. 

Doling out the additional 5g later instead of redoing the maintenance settings now is probably more reliable/efficient in some way. Also, some players have suggested that one solar energy will equate to around 1.5g or about 45g per powder; this is further supported by the fact that F10 penta gems have gone for 129 ncoin and that hexa gems have been comparable in event token price to sacred oils. So yeah, if that turns out to be the case with powder prices, then you'll still have to expect roughly 1.5-2k per octa. 

Even though 15g seems better but it is still not really good compensation. I mean we are supposed to get COMPENSATION not just golds back, some people did buy it for 16-18golds, some did spend real money - all of us did spend it just for one purpose and it was to get gems. You completely deleted all gem powders from every radiant which is the reason why we should get as I said - compensation. Idk why you didn't came up with some idea of 1 RE = 10g + gem fragment, that would be 10 radiant = 1 powder (which is far away from game breaking), yet we will not see single powder from thousand radiants - which is bad.

4 minutes ago, Arcadeath said:

thanks, i sold 37 radiant energies today for 11g each, just because of your announcement (all bought for 15-16g before u posted they will be exchanged for 10g)

ikr time to go and cry on reddit so they compensate the compensation.

2 minutes ago, Alio said:

ikr time to go and cry on reddit so they compensate the compensation.

nah, i didn't really expect a compensation. it's just to show that their system is stupid and that they should feel ashamed of their poor planning

Just now, Rea Shinwa said:

No, I am more than wary, actually. But at least they tried to patch up their mistake a little. 

It is not that they "tried" they HAD to do something, did you see amount of feedback from community? If they ignored that their marketing stock would be damaged and they would lose value on Auction because that is how big company stocks are hold - by community.

Thanks for compensation, but you are too kind. I already understood your decision and radiant energy was 9g before the stream, and devs said in the stream "keep your radiant energy", this all complaining was only community's fault. With this generous compensation, I have no doubts people will still ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ a lot, but I hope they dont.

Just now, Shîro said:

It is not that they "tried" they HAD to do something, did you see amount of feedback from community? If they ignored that their marketing stock would be damaged and they would lose value on Auction because that is how big company stocks are hold - by community.

Agreed.

As for EU... I play in EU, I already gave up on playing today, and my potential energy to complain about that is not strong enough.

44 minutes ago, Youmukon said:

Awarding 5 extra gold per each Antique turn-in to try to get closer to the current marketplace value.

So, just to be sure. It is 5g per Radiant Energy or per time i click on Turn In? x.x 

Why is everyone so mad about hyping themself about a "subject to change" matter?! seriusly this is brand new stuff and people get super angry about buying up alot of radiant energies in a subject that wasn't even finalised? I don't get this community sometimes and this is one of them, everyone I see is crying about having been naive enough to spend all that they own on something that wasn't set in stone and demmand that NCsoft plays parents for their own mistakes

1 minute ago, Azmoke said:

So, just to be sure. It is 5g per Radiant Energy or per time i click on Turn In? x.x 

All you need to know is that they're supposedly "guaranteeing" 15g per RE over the coming weeks. Just don't be too surprised if they change their minds again for some reason.

1 minute ago, Displeased said:

All you need to know is that they're supposedly "guaranteeing" 15g per RE over the coming weeks. Just don't be too surprised if they change their minds again for some reason.

So, it can eventually come to the sad truth of people exchanging 100 RE and getting 1.005g. lol if that happens, will be next level slap in the face.  

7 minutes ago, Sir Bismarck said:

Why is everyone so mad about hyping themself about a "subject to change" matter?! seriusly this is brand new stuff and people get super angry about buying up alot of radiant energies in a subject that wasn't even finalised? I don't get this community sometimes and this is one of them, everyone I see is crying about having been naive enough to spend all that they own on something that wasn't set in stone and demmand that NCsoft plays parents for their own mistakes

Because a business works best and longest if said business doesnt contradict their publicy stated terms 3 or 4 days after they are announced, not once, but many times. 

Archived