Radiant Energy Exchange Update

Liinxy

You know what's cool about this ? This page is bookmarked. Every time, I'll hesitate to buy something on this game, I'll read some posts.

Never spending a single € again.

And I did'nt buy any radiant. Just can't pass on this and let NCWest doing multiply fingers without conseqsuences.

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, wZeroStyle said:

Woke up this morning, seen this announcement, and lost interest in playing this game.

Same man. Thanks to NCSOFT West for giving people another reason to quit the game and to never ever play a game that is being run by NCSOFT West.

1 minute ago, KzE said:

Market speculators got rekt. How sad.

Doesn't have anything to due with market speculation. It has to do with NCWest betraying it's fanbase. It's like the games ongoing plot has leaked into their code of ethics. Game full of traitors is run by a company full of traitors.

I didn't buy any RE, yet i'm still pissed at them. Before i had a chance of upgrading with the gems I've been saving up, now they are just gold which can't buy the new upgrade items because there won't be enough of a supply of them. Whales are undoubtedly going to buy out the market constantly, prices will skyrocket and we won't be able to get access to our so called "more easily accessible gem evolution".

At the time you posted your Radiant Energy on the HMS, the exchange rate was 2 to 2.5, meaning in HMC, even YOU (NCWest) valued the RE at 12-15G and yet you low ball the people that invested time and energy farming the gold to buy the RE (with your announcement today), what did you expect to happen with the previous announcement? Is it because the ToS places no inherited 'value' on the digital product, or that you just don't care about the time and real world money your player base spends on your game.

Obviously you have no intention of changing your mind, but you could at least bring it into line with what you value the RE to be, and give everyone 15G/RE. It still won't please the masses, but you'll at least look quasi-ethical. I'm a cynic so I doubt you'll even do that much this late in the game.

4 hours ago, SnugglesFairie said:

@enemy silence

Woman.   :)

Yes I forgot the whole promise during the live stream back last year about fixing the stuck in combat mode.  We never heard anything more about that, nor is it fixed.  In fact it has gotten worse.  I am sure there are a lot more promises and issues that they have just swept aside and forgotten.  It seems to be the way they operate.  They see us complain about an issue, promise that they are looking into  it, then walk away.  We are left with a lot of bugs, glitches, and issues that have no solutions.

I love this game.  But the way it is being changed is really ruining it for me.

There's a few others that have gone unnoticed or ignored by ncsoft involving skills.
I don't look into it too much, so i only cam across this one, but they instead said they would look into it in the future. months and months ago.
Warlock parry piercing bombardment.
Doesnt pierce parry. There might be other classes with similar issues, which is creating an even greater imbalance in pvp issues.

3 hours ago, Avarindie said:

@Liinxy

I stopped reading replies after 8 pages so someone may have suggested this already.  If they are worried about how many RE's are already in circulation, why dont they just increase the cost of the hex gem from 4 powders to 6 or 8, it would increase the total needed for octo gems exponentially, without screwing over the people trying to catch up to hex.  And in the spirit of most of the community if i loose money based on the information you released via youtube and the webpage im done.

The issue with that is they're likely keeping it at 4 to keep it in sync with heptagonals. While it may be a great fix early on, once those energies are out of circulation, it would take months just to get one hexagonal. This is likely the reason they have yet to decide on this course of action.

15 minutes ago, Noalaa said:

At the time you posted your Radiant Energy on the HMS, the exchange rate was 2 to 2.5, meaning in HMC, even YOU (NCWest) valued the RE at 12-15G and yet you low ball the people that invested time and energy farming the gold to buy the RE (with your announcement today), what did you expect to happen with the previous announcement? Is it because the ToS places no inherited 'value' on the digital product, or that you just don't care about the time and real world money your player base spends on your game.

Obviously you have no intention of changing your mind, but you could at least bring it into line with what you value the RE to be, and give everyone 15G/RE. It still won't please the masses, but you'll at least look quasi-ethical. I'm a cynic so I doubt you'll even do that much this late in the game.

While I still agree this is a rather serious matter, the exhange value is the player bases decision. NCwest could only make a minimum and maximum.
However, looking at it from the perspective that they reduced the exchange rate only two days prior, it could be argues this was considered.

10 hours ago, FrozenB said:

This is only true for first couple weeks after the patch. Don't under-estimate the farming powers of certain players. 

It only affects the players who want to rush to top gears ASAP. It has less impacts to casual players.

Also, I am pretty sure they will put the powders in F10 as daily special. 

I just want to let people know that having best gems is not everything. Yes, you can have decent AP boost, but your overall dps damage comes from your gears and soul shield. The AP boost can just get you into dungeon parties easier if the party leader don't check your gear carefully. Yes, I do check gears in their F2 to see if they have fake AP or not. For example, when I am recruiting 1k+ AP player for a dungeon, if a player without any BT accessories and still using baleful/seraph weapon, but with over 1k+ AP, I still kick them. However, if a player with 950+ AP with BT gears and raven weapon, I still keep them. 

Considering the only real way you can get solar energy to buy the gems to make the powder is doing DC, farming rate is going to be quite low. it's going to take a few months for this to normalize not a few weeks.

F10 Specials are useless to a f2p player when the market is crashed

Also, AP and Gear in F8 is laughable. 60% of well geared players in pug runs are boosted mongrels. I've seen people with baleful and seraph out dps people with raven simply because they know how to play their class better and actually know mechs. Regardless, gems are end game content and i'll agree with you they aren't the end all be all but still would be nice to be able to upgrade them.

14 minutes ago, tiigrikutsu said:

noobs who bought so many radiant energies hahaahhaah xD i sold then when they were 15-16g xD

so actually im happy because they did it, they make gear  equal with normal players. so whales will have less gold to trove xD and they have to pay with wallets

So you're glad you scammed people? You must be shitty IRL ;)

8 minutes ago, Pyrocyborg said:

So you're glad you scammed people? You must be shitty IRL ;)

Technically he didnt scam people, people tried to abuse something and got screwed in the process, its all on them.

I mean, sucks they lost gold, but on the other hand...serves them right.

25 minutes ago, tiigrikutsu said:

noobs who bought so many radiant energies hahaahhaah xD i sold then when they were 15-16g xD

so actually im happy because they did it, they make gear  equal with normal players. so whales will have less gold to trove xD and they have to pay with wallets

What NC just did is also bad for regular players who dont pay much IRL money into the game.
Your so called whales will always have Gold, no matter if you scam them for 5G.

Imo what NC did hurts the f2p ppl even more.

Just goes to say that NCWest just dont know their own game, let alone their own community in the game.

They never ever do research first on their community and ingame on how the economics are, gets excited on releasing new content cause they know it will be another money grab for them then realized they made a mistake and do a reverse 180.

In the end of it all, NCWest is clueless of what theyre doing and pretty much braindead

Just now, Grimoir said:

Technically he didnt scam people, people tried to abuse something and got screwed in the process, its all on them.

What, exactly, did they abuse? Preparing for a change isn't abuse. 

Do you see a Cat 5 hurricane coming and sit there saying, "nah i'm just gunna sit here outside I don't want to abuse the weather forcast and leave town."

6 hours ago, Sagito said:

The dev team will have to take a closer look at the playerbase conversion rate as this announcement will create and imbalance between the existing value of this game and company compared to the future reputation and value of the game, company, and the playerbase of this game which will cause this company and game to be devalued significantly. Because you want to retain you jobs and make a living of it this company and comunity managers should instead provide with no moves of this kind to any playerbase of any game. We the playerbase are sorry to inform you this last minute changes have made an very big impact and to be clear this game and company are tradeable items for some other game and some other company.

Thanks for understanding (or maybe you won't). The playerbase will closely monitor this game's and company's next moves, and let you know after today if they will continue to put up with your "issues" and decide to continue playing your games when the Rage of the Hive queen update goes live!.

The playerbase.

Speak for yourself. You do not represent the entire player base. 

@Laura099

Hexagonal Gems are going to be the base gem anyone making Heptagonal or Octagonal gems from so either raising the price of it, or increasing the cost of combining Hex / Hept gems seems like the easiest way to keep the last 2 tier gems relevant. And why can't they have it at 8 for a month and next patch it could go to 4.But seeing as i found the patch notes i think this might be a lost cause.

2 minutes ago, Glavos said:

What, exactly, did they abuse? Preparing for a change isn't abuse. 

Do you see a Cat 5 hurricane coming and sit there saying, "nah i'm just gunna sit here outside I don't want to abuse the weather forcast and leave town."

The gem powders and fragments these would have converted too are tradable, this would mean by buying the radiant energey and transmuting it, they would get items they could sell for at least double the value, thats not preparing thats trying to abuse a change and influence the market.

1 minute ago, Grimoir said:

The gem powders and fragments these would have converted too are tradable, this would mean by buying the radiant energey and transmuting it, they would get items they could sell for at least double the value, thats not preparing thats trying to abuse a change and influence the market.

it also would increase supply to match demand, in turn, lowering prices. now there is NO supply and price is going to be through the roof.

18 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

Technically it's called preparing, not abusing. Unless I am mistaken, they even said to start "stocking up" Radiant Energy or buying them off F5/F10 because they would be converted this way. Anyway, they announced the conversion in their twitch stream and it even was on their news on the frontpage.

That being said, even if I didn't lose much, they already lost me as a paying customer (as well as a good lot of my friends and clan members who just cancelled their subscription). NCWest is one of the worst company when it comes to misinformation, lack of communication and lack of transparancy, and I have dealt with a lot. It was the last straw for me.

I can understand why people might not care much about this change, but do you really want to feed an unethical video game company? I know I don't.

Archived