Radiant Energy Exchange Update

Liinxy

7 minutes ago, Avarindie said:

@Laura099

Hexagonal Gems are going to be the base gem anyone making Heptagonal or Octagonal gems from so either raising the price of it, or increasing the cost of combining Hex / Hept gems seems like the easiest way to keep the last 2 tier gems relevant. And why can't they have it at 8 for a month and next patch it could go to 4.But seeing as i found the patch notes i think this might be a lost cause.

Ah, thinking of it that way makes sense. I figure the penta is realistically the base, but I forget since powders and fragments are tradeable, thats only to start.

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be clear, I didn't make any investment, I bought a few with HMC I got from venture tokens, so I'm out about 25G in RE value. It's an imapct to me as a casual, but not remotely in a way others experienced.

"...the exchange value is the player bases decision. NCWest could only make a minimum and maximum." - While I agree with this statement, it's completely obvious they use the average exchange value and the average marketplace value to judge how much they will put materials on the HMS for. An average from the day before all the way to today would likely show it between 12G-18G and 15G would have been way more accepted  (to be honest some us casuals were hoping to upgrade a few of our gems we worked hard to get and didn't whale for, this decision doesn't hurt the whales at all, it only hurts the casuals that invested time and effort)

FrozenB - "...It has less impacts to casual players." - I completely disagree. Casuals work hard to get their gold, instead of swiping. Whales will be the least impacted, just like in real life a rich guy can 'afford' to lose a little, a poor guy doesn't eat. While this is an extreme example, this change just makes it easier for whales and more difficult for the casuals.

I get it, they're a business and this would end up affecting gems sales on the HMS and trove, whatever. Blah blah blah, screw the casuals, cater to the whales.

7 minutes ago, Noalaa said:

To be clear, I didn't make any investment, I bought a few with HMC I got from venture tokens, so I'm out about 25G in RE value. It's an imapct to me as a casual, but not remotely in a way others experienced.

"...the exchange value is the player bases decision. NCWest could only make a minimum and maximum." - While I agree with this statement, it's completely obvious they use the average exchange value and the average marketplace value to judge how much they will put materials on the HMS for. An average from the day before all the way to today would likely show it between 12G-18G and 15G would have been way more accepted  (to be honest some us casuals were hoping to upgrade a few of our gems we worked hard to get and didn't whale for, this decision doesn't hurt the whales at all, it only hurts the casuals that invested time and effort)

FrozenB - "...It has less impacts to casual players." - I completely disagree. Casuals work hard to get their gold, instead of swiping. Whales will be the least impacted, just like in real life a rich guy can 'afford' to lose a little, a poor guy doesn't eat. While this is an extreme example, this change just makes it easier for whales and more difficult for the casuals.

I get it, they're a business and this would end up affecting gems sales on the HMS and trove, whatever. Blah blah blah, screw the casuals, cater to the whales.

For the most part I agree with this. However at the same time they do have some absurd specialty prices, like blackstone fragments, raven king souls (though only now that everything has kinda crashed).

My personal opinion is they only look at the difficulty rating of the dungeon said item drops from, rather than consistency or market.

But yes.
i myself was hoping to upgrade. I actually bought 25 radiant energies when they were cheap, fortunately. And I'm rather displeased myself. The ONLY ray of hope is the mythical obsidian, which now only requires void fragments, which you only need hundreds of.

Thank you NCSoft you screwed us up again. Another precedent that you don't thinking how many people make  you angry with your misinformations. I buyed a TONS of radiant energy from market 15-17G and buyed from hongmoon store  for 30!!!Ncoin..... 2 Ncoin / 1 G ==> 15G / Radiant...can you thinking??!!!
Personally I lost about a thousand gold of your " last minute sorry for change".... but another players???? we speaking about total ten thousands of radiant energyes ingame....  ten thousands *6-7G for screwing up is unbelievable from you..... 

If you can decide at the last minute , i demand that give the players back the TRUE VALUE of the radiant energyes which was 15-17G before your "last minute change", this is the MINIMUM after you misinform us with lies!!! Most of people are expected to change HM gems and mostly concentrated about radiants....
If it will be not happen, im surely out of this game. I don't want to play NCLIE$oft screwing games anymore.

Thanks for understanding. I hope it will not impact you.

2 minutes ago, MangoMHF said:

what is it? im confused 

you get 10 gold for each radiant energy you have instead of gem powder people invested a lot of money on this because we would have gotten hexa gems for each 4 radiant energies last minute change my ass OMG .

36 minutes ago, Pyrocyborg said:

Technically it's called preparing, not abusing. Unless I am mistaken, they even said to start "stocking up" Radiant Energy or buying them off F5/F10 because they would be converted this way. Anyway, they announced the conversion in their twitch stream and it even was on their news on the frontpage.

That being said, even if I didn't lose much, they already lost me as a paying customer (as well as a good lot of my friends and clan members who just cancelled their subscription). NCWest is one of the worst company when it comes to misinformation, lack of communication and lack of transparancy, and I have dealt with a lot. It was the last straw for me.

I can understand why people might not care much about this change, but do you really want to feed an unethical video game company? I know I don't.

you know that you and your friends cancelling the sub doesnt really hurt them right? xD

1 hour ago, Noalaa said:

I agree. 

In any case, I  will never understand why they are so intent in losing a fatal percentage of their remaining player base. Keeping (and increasing) your customers is the foundation of any business. 

There's probably no arguing that the "closer look" the dev team had at the conversion rate should have happened way earlier than even the stream to prevent all the disappointment happening here right now.

But I wanted to point out that objectively, nothing extraordinary has happened.

Every update that makes things more easily accessible or changes ways to obtain things devalues existing items.

Like for example if I had upgraded a Draken belt to Eternity stage 10 two weeks ago, I would have spent materials worth 500+ gold too much compared to what I will need from today.

Same order of magnitude loss as if I had bough 100 radiant energies based on the wrong information, but people are complaining so much more?

When they changed the crafting system, I personally would have lost around 2000 gold worth of raw materials / Merry potter intermediate products without their timely warning. So to my mind this counter-weighs their mess-up this time round.

Certainly not going to quit the game over such a small and trivial thing, anyway. ^_^

7 minutes ago, Shuchin said:

There's probably no arguing that the "closer look" the dev team had at the conversion rate should have happened way earlier than even the stream to prevent all the disappointment happening here right now.

So true, I've stopped all my game progression by planning future profit. Bought 700 Radiant Energies, and now they are screwing me so hard. It's entertainment model business, what they did? Not gonna pay for being screwed.. Don't have that type of fetishes...

I agree it's messed up to release some notes a week early and then change it last minute. But lets play devils advocate here for a minute.  How is it sooooo wrong for a company to have a plan and share it with it's players?  Then realize oh crap if we do this it will diminish the value of an item, and change it and still try to compensate the community.

NC aren't the ones that control market prices. That is the gaming community and their greed as well by trying to rip you off and make a huge profit in the end. Stop supporting gold farmers or other players that continue to screw you on the market.

As far as free to play players go... How are you mad about anything? You get to play a game for free. That is thanks to the so called whales and company that you are complaining about. Makes absolutely zero sense. Here they are releasing an awesome update with new content, gear upgrades and even a way to not do PvP for weekly challenges. But people are screaming quit the game how dare they compensate me for their mistake.

Just goes to show you cant please everyone. The world and especially a large portion of the gaming community is gimme gimme gimme! I want something for nothing. If you enjoy something someone else puts hard work into for you to have that pleasure. Why the hell wouldn't you support it. But nooooo most scream "I'm free to play cater to me while I give you nothing for it"!

They have literally released tons of updates this year. Everyone of them has been to help their fans level quicker, upgrade gear easier and new content to keep people entertained. But somehow you're quitting because they screwed you out of in game currency?

3 minutes ago, Shuchin said:

But I wanted to point out that objectively, nothing extraordinary has happened.

Every update that makes things more easily accessible or changes ways to obtain things devalues existing items.

Like for example if I had upgraded a Draken belt to Eternity stage 10 two weeks ago, I would have spent materials worth 500+ gold too much compared to what I will need from today.

Same order of magnitude loss as if I had bough 100 radiant energies based on the wrong information, but people are complaining so much more?

When they changed the crafting system, I personally would have lost around 2000 gold worth of raw materials / Merry potter intermediate products without their timely warning. So to my mind this counter-weighs their mess-up this time round.

Certainly not going to quit the game over such a small and trivial thing, anyway. ^_^

maybe you don't see the full picture here.   THEY TOLD US WHAT WAS COMING, AND WE PREPARED BASED UPON WHAT THEY TOLD US.  

no speculation, it was about using the system they were about to give us to get gems upgraded.  I follow the news closely so I don't miss out on stuff. this should have been just like all the other times.  If they just didn't set us up with the bad information that we have trusted in the past this would not have happened.

they advertised to get your radiant energies for the big gemapalooza, they even put the effin things into the specials to hook even more people in the false frenzy they started.

This has never happened before.  study your history before you present your argument.

furthermore, you don't see the bigger implication of the combined opening the gold exchange rate so the rate can tank to 1:1, which makes f10 stuff 3x harder to get by selling gold. THEN they cash out all the radiant energy so the economy gets a massive tsunami of gold injected, which makes gold worth even less = less buying power.

so, casuals like me. I was actually so stoked at my 1st trove after 14 months after I used my in-game savings, I opened the piggy bank and threw like $350 more into trove keys and extra cash to set up for my gems.    I was focusing on shields and gems since I only was a guppy, not a whale.  $375 ain't dick, except I could have a Korg Monologue synthesizer right now...

so where does that leave the casuals and the full ftp players.  I have no way of getting gems. screw the gold, that's what dailies and farming is for.  I am saving every precious hm and nc coin I have left for something important because I do not expect to ever get more. You punch a person in the gut and after they get up off their knees, they wont trust you anymore.

And no one likes getting punched in the gut.

*************************************************************************************************************************************************

overall, the devs are actually pretty clever and with-it.  our staff here are troopers, like when flights screw up at some random airport cuz weather (like getting trapped in ST f'n Louis on a Fri evening when you miss home and your baby and baby's mama. Holy crap do some people start freaking out on the poor gate clerk. as if they are in control of anything.

people get crazy when extremely frustrated.  I see our staff here as the gate clerks = between a rock and a hard place when the shit hits the fan

ok, I hope that they will correct the gem vs radiant energy value mismatch and let 5-10 radiant energies be exchanged for a powder.  if you want to burn and sell 50-100 gold worth of energies a powder or w/e ok, you have a lot invested and there is no big killing in the market. most people want the gems. and the collateral damage from the gold rush will add to the misery, which this would also prevent YOU CANNOT CASH OUT THAT MUCH MATS FOR GOLD> srsly , don't do it

listen up:   you really have no other better solution

The interesting thing is that the players will pay for the dev team mistakes.

On live stream, if I'm not mistaking where was not one but two dev persons, if dev persons don't have all the facts and they just realize just before the patch that is an issue.

I have no expectations from this game, is just there.

14 minutes ago, Azareel6 said:

I agree it's messed up to release some notes a week early and then change it last minute. But lets play devils advocate here for a minute.  How is it sooooo wrong for a company to have a plan and share it with it's players?  Then realize oh crap if we do this it will diminish the value of an item, and change it and still try to compensate the community.

Smart people learn from their mistakes, so they don't do it in the future. If you made a mistake don't try to fix it by doing another even bigger one. They lost me as paying costumer, thats for sure!

6 minutes ago, wZeroStyle said:

Smart people learn from their mistakes, so they don't do it in future. If you made a mistake don't try to fix it by doing another even bigger one. They lost me as paying costumer, thats for sure!

That sucks sorry to hear it. I'm sure it'll happen with a lot of people. Me personally I try to avoid the market like it's the plague. I view it as more of my fellow gamers trying to screw me vs the company.... Totally sucks 100% with misleading information just days in advance. But gamers are the ones that jacked the prices up almost double, not them. Granted it was because of them it happened. But that's why I didn't buy any.

Archived