Radiant Energy Exchange Update

Liinxy

Dear NCWest,

In this uprising situation, I would like to give you some pieces of advice

- First thing, dont stream anymore and said unnecessary thing ;)

- Secondly, dont pre-announce anything, just follow TW and KR, look, no1 complaining anything, problem solved.

People will start crybaby again, i know, but believe me, you have to brace yourself and make this move, lmao. Be a d!cktator, that makes u a good leader, leading the community.

Goodluck NCWest

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@enemy silence

Woman.   :)

Yes I forgot the whole promise during the live stream back last year about fixing the stuck in combat mode.  We never heard anything more about that, nor is it fixed.  In fact it has gotten worse.  I am sure there are a lot more promises and issues that they have just swept aside and forgotten.  It seems to be the way they operate.  They see us complain about an issue, promise that they are looking into  it, then walk away.  We are left with a lot of bugs, glitches, and issues that have no solutions.

I love this game.  But the way it is being changed is really ruining it for me.

9 minutes ago, dragoitaliano said:

they dont really need the BnS playerbase, they have other games too

i had a feeling this would happen as soon as the whole system thing was posted on the site.

Tbh if they treat their BnS players like this, I can only imagine they do the same in other games.

31 minutes ago, SnugglesFairie said:

I don't post often, even though I have been playing everyday since the first beta.  I have also been premium that whole time.  But this past few changes have really annoyed me and others like me. So I am posting in hopes that some devs read it and take it to heart.

Stop with the misinformation. 

examples:

~ 12 man raids-announced, then delayed.

~ the crafting changes....  people were not given enough time or notice that you were taking down the crafting system.  So items that took many days to craft ( like emp charms ) ended up not getting finished.  The trade in / exchange for those items  ( dyes, cookies... ) were crap!  No where near the value of what it took to make them.  Give more notice than a few days before making massive changes.

~ This whole radiant energy screw up. Even hours ago Jonathon was posting to people on twitter, giving them the wrong info. 

~ Evolved stone availability.   We were promised over 11 months ago that you guys were looking into solutions.  We finally got a crappy one with basin bosses.  We were told more changes would be coming.  But no more info or changes made.

~ Pet and weapon skin wardrobe.  This was announced as coming soon back in January on a live stream.  We haven't heard anything about it since.  Where is it? 

~ controller tweaks: The imput delay with gameguard and now this new one were promised to get looked into.  No one has heard anything about it since.  And please test the skill changes on controllers. I know there aren't a lot of us, but some of these changes have really hurt us.  Even if we remap buttons, it still doesn't allow us to do proper rotations or ani cancelling. 

~ fabrics:  other regions can dismantle outfits from dungeons or wheels.  We can't.  Were were promised over a year ago for changes to that.  All we can do now is dismantle stuff we pay real money for.  Yet things like this merchant is requiring fabric and high quality fabrics to  buy items.   Not all of us are whales.  We can't spend a lot of real life money and then just trash our outfits.  We need a solution.

Other serious issues that need to stop:

~ stop taking things away from premium users.   You keep lowering the value of it.  If I didn't prepay for a year, I would have canceled it by now. 

~  the gem mailing fee:   thankfully you guys listened to us and changed this back.  But we aren't korea.  We don't get the gold and items that they do from their dungeons.  Either give us those items and gold, or stop trying to make us match them.

~ Stop locking things behind PVP and Battle grounds. 

example:  

* moonstones:  you took them out of ssp for the most part.  You removed them from mushin's tower.  They are now locked behind battle grounds as the only reliable source to get them.  We were promised about 10 months ago, a solution to this.  Other regions have battle grounds and areas that drop moonstones.  So do some of their dungeons.  We don't have that.  We need a way to get these without doing PVP or battleground.  To win at battle grounds, you need skills and good gear.  Yet to get pets and souls and skills- we need moonstones and skills.  How do we get those- winning at pvp or battleground.  See the circular hell here? 

* SKILLS:  you took these away from dragon express and premium members. Now to get them we must win battle grounds ( how is a new player with no gear and no skills going to win battlegrounds.  We hamper the team we are on ).  Or we must be silver and gold to get them.  Again some of us do not like to pvp.  Some of us play classes that aren't good in pvp.  I personally have MS.  I can't use a keyboard and a mouse to play anymore.  I must use a controller.   And I have to say, that pvp is very hard on a controller.  Add in an alt with no skills or gear- getting wins or gold/ silver is not going to happen for me.  I know there are people who just hate pvp.  We need a way to get skills that aren't locked behind pvp.

* Pet changes:  now at least 4 times more expensive.  And to get the items for this, again... pvp.  See above reasons as to why this is bad.

* souls : pvp again....  see above

I don't know who keeps making all of these changes or giving out false info.  But it is getting really annoying.  It is like whomever is doing this, doesn't play our region.  We don't have certain battleground or areas that drop evolved stones or moonstones.  We do not get the amount of gold from quests.  We don't have a lot that they do.  Yet we keep getting changes to "match them."   Well if u want us to match them... give us the gold.  Give us the areas, battle grounds, and dungeons, and events that drop the items we need.

Sorry for the wall of text.

Thank you soo much I'm glad someone mentioned about getting items from PvP it is really frustrating since I'm not PvP  player too but almost half of us players dislike PvP but enjoy PvE in the campaign also the other things you mention too :) 

Really NCSoft? You thought about making money from us for 20 hours through the honeymoon store and 4 hours before you take it off from the store, you decide to change an announcement?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you guys think that you made a mistake on the exchange rate, YOU should suffer the consequences, not us, especially not after you sell radiant energies, for 20 hours on the hongmoon store , and 4 hours before before the store updates, you decide to tell us that you lied to us? And that we will lose money????????

@Liinxy

I stopped reading replies after 8 pages so someone may have suggested this already.  If they are worried about how many RE's are already in circulation, why dont they just increase the cost of the hex gem from 4 powders to 6 or 8, it would increase the total needed for octo gems exponentially, without screwing over the people trying to catch up to hex.  And in the spirit of most of the community if i loose money based on the information you released via youtube and the webpage im done.

Damn, another dick move from NC West... Announce a thing then change one day before the update, really? But i guess this was they plan since the stream, and the player base is right to be upset.

I just wanna people also thinks the consequence of this plus gold on the servers, and on Market. I know a player who was 7k RE stocked, it's 70k easily for him to try break the Marketplace in a day, and should be more people like him, both in Yura and Zulia servers. They really wants screw the player base so much like they did on Aion. If they don't reconsider it and give the gem powder to players as announced, they will have the 2 things i mentioned before: Angry player base and gold saturated servers, after this... "hey guys we lowering the currency exchange to 1:1 since there's a lot gold in the market", and we became another BnS China, which sux.

Can any lawyer confirm if this fits on bait and switch advertising?

Offering something really valuable and good and on the last minute taking it off, giving us something a lot less valuable.

I really dont care about the gold i will possible lose, but theres people who will lose a lot more than me if they keep this radiant-10g exchange. Plus, they advertised about the new gem system and how it would get cheaper and accessible, and now they take out its availability completely. Thats so stupid, i didnt expected them to do something like this

1 hour ago, SnugglesFairie said:

I don't post often, even though I have been playing everyday since the first beta.  I have also been premium that whole time.  But this past few changes have really annoyed me and others like me. So I am posting in hopes that some devs read it and take it to heart.

Stop with the misinformation. 

examples:

~ 12 man raids-announced, then delayed.

~ the crafting changes....  people were not given enough time or notice that you were taking down the crafting system.  So items that took many days to craft ( like emp charms ) ended up not getting finished.  The trade in / exchange for those items  ( dyes, cookies... ) were crap!  No where near the value of what it took to make them.  Give more notice than a few days before making massive changes.

~ This whole radiant energy screw up. Even hours ago Jonathon was posting to people on twitter, giving them the wrong info. 

~ Evolved stone availability.   We were promised over 11 months ago that you guys were looking into solutions.  We finally got a crappy one with basin bosses.  We were told more changes would be coming.  But no more info or changes made.

~ Pet and weapon skin wardrobe.  This was announced as coming soon back in January on a live stream.  We haven't heard anything about it since.  Where is it? 

~ controller tweaks: The imput delay with gameguard and now this new one were promised to get looked into.  No one has heard anything about it since.  And please test the skill changes on controllers. I know there aren't a lot of us, but some of these changes have really hurt us.  Even if we remap buttons, it still doesn't allow us to do proper rotations or ani cancelling. 

~ fabrics:  other regions can dismantle outfits from dungeons or wheels.  We can't.  Were were promised over a year ago for changes to that.  All we can do now is dismantle stuff we pay real money for.  Yet things like this merchant is requiring fabric and high quality fabrics to  buy items.   Not all of us are whales.  We can't spend a lot of real life money and then just trash our outfits.  We need a solution.

Other serious issues that need to stop:

~ stop taking things away from premium users.   You keep lowering the value of it.  If I didn't prepay for a year, I would have canceled it by now. 

~  the gem mailing fee:   thankfully you guys listened to us and changed this back.  But we aren't korea.  We don't get the gold and items that they do from their dungeons.  Either give us those items and gold, or stop trying to make us match them.

~ Stop locking things behind PVP and Battle grounds. 

example:  

* moonstones:  you took them out of ssp for the most part.  You removed them from mushin's tower.  They are now locked behind battle grounds as the only reliable source to get them.  We were promised about 10 months ago, a solution to this.  Other regions have battle grounds and areas that drop moonstones.  So do some of their dungeons.  We don't have that.  We need a way to get these without doing PVP or battleground.  To win at battle grounds, you need skills and good gear.  Yet to get pets and souls and skills- we need moonstones and skills.  How do we get those- winning at pvp or battleground.  See the circular hell here? 

* SKILLS:  you took these away from dragon express and premium members. Now to get them we must win battle grounds ( how is a new player with no gear and no skills going to win battlegrounds.  We hamper the team we are on ).  Or we must be silver and gold to get them.  Again some of us do not like to pvp.  Some of us play classes that aren't good in pvp.  I personally have MS.  I can't use a keyboard and a mouse to play anymore.  I must use a controller.   And I have to say, that pvp is very hard on a controller.  Add in an alt with no skills or gear- getting wins or gold/ silver is not going to happen for me.  I know there are people who just hate pvp.  We need a way to get skills that aren't locked behind pvp.

* Pet changes:  now at least 4 times more expensive.  And to get the items for this, again... pvp.  See above reasons as to why this is bad.

* souls : pvp again....  see above

I don't know who keeps making all of these changes or giving out false info.  But it is getting really annoying.  It is like whomever is doing this, doesn't play our region.  We don't have certain battleground or areas that drop evolved stones or moonstones.  We do not get the amount of gold from quests.  We don't have a lot that they do.  Yet we keep getting changes to "match them."   Well if u want us to match them... give us the gold.  Give us the areas, battle grounds, and dungeons, and events that drop the items we need.

Sorry for the wall of text.

bump to this.

18 minutes ago, Kazuene said:

Can any lawyer confirm if this fits on bait and switch advertising?

Offering something really valuable and good and on the last minute taking it off, giving us something a lot less valuable.

I really dont care about the gold i will possible lose, but theres people who will lose a lot more than me if they keep this radiant-10g exchange. Plus, they advertised about the new gem system and how it would get cheaper and accessible, and now they take out its availability completely. Thats so stupid, i didnt expected them to do something like this

It is not bait and switch. Bait and switch would be them NOT announcing the change before hand.  Even if they didn't announce it, you agree'd in the EULA that NCOINS have no value. Which means you can't claim any lost property as any property was forfeit during your digital transaction, which you also agree'd too.

Again, you guys only have yourselves to blame for this. NCSOFT is in no way involved in any remotely illegal business. I have read the terms over and over and i can assure you that there is no case for wrong doing or lost property. What occured was a lack of communication or misinformation unproven to be with ill intent. In other words, you can only assume they conspired to mislead you. You can't prove it. They've covered their end by disclaiming the content is subject to change. that disclaimer, is on record and will stand up. You can't dispute this. Just take your losses and decide what to do from there.

i honestly have no words for you NCsoft no WORDS

every patch you do this bullshit every time

what about all the gold invested in buying the Radiant Energies so i lost 14 gold for each and you tell me to go and ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ my self with 10 gold who the hell thought that this is a good idea who because that person should be fired for making whole Blade&Soul community hates you even more

TL:DR :

NC : Eh, we cant just give stuff out that people would be willing to pay cash for. The big spenders won't care, they'll just buy the new mats from us anyways. The only people this will effect are F2P and low spenders and they don't keep our lights on and our mansions warm.

Players : REEEEEEEEEE *impotent nerd rage that everyone will immediately move on from because ooo new merchant event*

Sooooo... this is fantastic news.  /s

Radiant Energy have almost NEVER cost as low as 10g.  Usually they are up near 20g, except during trove.  How is 10g even a number that makes ANY sense?  I could understand if you decided to make the trade a greater than 1:1 ratio, like 2 radiant = 1 powder, or 3 radiant = 1 powder blah blah blah but to antique them at WELL below market value is a huge middle finger ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ you to your player base.  

Radiant energy is a  thing, like it or not.  You put it in the game, it's been here all along, it's been used specifically for gems, and it's been sellable on the market this whole time.   I get that you want to move to a new system, but ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ing everybody who has radiant energy is a shitty way to proceed.  

At the same time you are inflating the value of powders (and Mysterious Crystal) by making Radiant Energy, who's SOLE PURPOSE was gem transmutation, completely irrelevant to the process.  This is... I'm sorry, there's no polite way to say it... idiotic.

Unacceptable, on every level.   I get that you initially undervalued / overvalued the formula, but now you're answer is to force all users to take below market rate for an item that was purchased with the SPECIFIC INTENT of transmuting or otherwise acquiring Hongmoon gems, and can't even be used for their originally intended purpose, and you're going to tell us that the day before you drop this change.

Plus, I have lost trust in anything I buy or craft at this point, if you can just make it obsolete and WORTHLESS overnight.  I've just about had it with this game, and it's not because I don't enjoy the gameplay, but NCSoft / NCWest's handling of the economy is... I have no words... that aren't obscene.

I hope you realize how wrong this is.  

are you kidding me I busted my butt farming gold and wasted almost 600g on radiant energy and i was buying when they here 17-15gold and now you are telling me that all i am going to get is 10G the fudge im taking a brake from this money hungry game WASN'T THE TROVE ENOUGH why cant you just let us be happy cause some of us invested a lot of time into getting those radiant energies we cant let these people treat us like idiots.

This is utterly outrageous and needs to be reversed immediately. @Developers

I will assume positive intent, but this hasty decision is a prime example of the disconnect between the player community and the developers servicing it. 

The players are here and ready to talk; someone from the Developer side should bridge the gap and at least compromise with us. 2 radiants for 1 powder or something of actual value. 10g is just asinine. 

this is actually more interesting than the game now.

my whole empire is destroyed because I was building gems the old way and saving up 80 radiants per hex to build hepts.  trove was all shields and gems for me since it took 14 months to build up to my 1st trove, mostly selling frostscale essence I farmed with an awakened ivory bangle.    I was SOOOO STOKED to actually be able to move forward.

time for another break because I am now very sad that my anticipated fun, like Christmas morning, has been taken from me.

there is a mental and emotional involvement when so much time and energy has been invested in your little gang of pixels.   The money is only a small part of the game experience.

The real damage done is how brutally crushed and bent over people feel.

I hope no rich freak loses it and takes it out on the staff. 

like what if someone like El Chapo's kid was playing?  your heads would be on poles somewhere lol.

I find this situation odd and unethical as a whole. 

On Livestream, the assistant producer said, "Now everything may not be finalized," that I understand. But to say, "One radiant energy equals one gem powder" to the whole community before deciding on this change, is madness. Now, the community is full of rage and discontent with the decision you have made. I don't understand why the game producers would make this decision on a major update. To what benefit do you gain from making this change? I get that you are ultimately responsible for timely delivery and the final quality of the game. But at least use some of the time to dive in the game, and look at what is the problem. You have taken the "problem" and created a bigger problem. The fact that you decided to let the development team make this change is unrealistic. 

Lying, in general, is wrong. But for a company itself, is unethical. How is this unethical? Let me explain. A lie is usually meant to say saying something that is not true in order for personal gain or reduce loss. Straight away we can see the basis of this being unethical. You are trying to manipulate the situation for your own purposes and possibly make customers, i.e. playerbase go into harm. To do this is unacceptable. So in other words, you are wiping radiant energies clean off the market so that when the gem powders come fresh out the market, Hongmoon Stores, you want the playerbase to buy them for NCcoins or HMcoins. But since the currency exchange is broken at low rates, F2P players will have a hard time obtaining them. Thus, those players with buying power will be able to obtain them and sell them at a high price. You say you want to make gem powders obtainable for everyone, but now, they are inaccessible.

In the end, all you see is profits.  

Another issue that I want to address, since hopefully we have devs or people in power reading.....

The gold exchange!  Please limit the number of or the amount that can be posted daily.  Gold sellers flood the market constantly with their 2 gold, 3, gold, 5, gold and 10 gold amounts.  Dozens of transactions all up at the same time.  It drowns out the rest of us. It drives down the value too.

In the marketplace we have a limited number of items we can list per day.  The gold exchange should be the same way. Those of us who are free to play and really want to sell some gold, are constantly being over run with these mini transactions.  It clogs up everything.   But if you limit the number of items they can have up at once, or the number of times they can place gold up for sale each day.... that will help unclog everything.

Yes there is a search for amount option.  But I am so tired of seeing gold sellers and spammers get rewarded with this system. Because they flood the market, the values crash and their gold sells.

I was just watching naive noobs buying Radiant Energy from market... Meanwhile I was selling all of mine, because I always expect the worst.

I've made more gold while tons have lost anywhere from 100 ~ 1000g.

If you believed they'd devalue Octa gems that much, that's right: you are naive and deserves to be scammed :)

2 hours ago, dragoitaliano said:

they dont really need the BnS playerbase, they have other games too

i had a feeling this would happen as soon as the whole system thing was posted on the site.

Blade and soul is their highest money game right now, Lineage 2 is pretty much DOA as is shown by lack of updates, lack of events and lack of well anything. It has a couple thousand dedicated players from EU and NA still playing but it's DEAD.. i mean dead dead dead. Aion is pretty much dead as well, the player base has shrunk by a great deal. Wild star and MXM were never that popular to begin with.. right now BnS is their cash cow.. but they are doing everything in their power to kill it and fast. (i don't count Guild wars 2 as it's being run by arenanet and you can't buy things for it through the Ncsoft account.) 

Archived