Radiant Energy Exchange Update

Liinxy

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People were not asking for a way to have "more accessible gems", yet you offered it at random and then used that offer to not only turn around and make gems less accessible because all the materials needed to fuse them will now be rare but also went "why don't we trick anyone that might have prepared for this already bad change"while you were at it? Way to go NC. If there was ever an example of either blatant malice or willful ignorance toward your own customers it was this.

Had this been an honest mistake it would have been cleared up earlier, rather than after watching the market-changes for 5 full days. Had this been an honest mistake radiants would be able to be exchanged for at least their actual market value, rather than 2/3rds of it. At this point this just seems like a company gleefully scamming their customers and then spitting in their faces for good measure.

44 minutes ago, Jim Nightshade said:

Devs only work with the code and all, they don't take the decisions. There's a separate team that takes decisions. Devs just follow orders.

If you read the initial post, it said the Dev team made the change to Radiant Energy.

People got radiant energys instead of other item in the trove , and now its for nothing usseles item , just to change it for 10gold. 

What is the point to do this now then?.

And honestly at least put the energys for 15 or 20 g to help that people who bought them for a really high price.

This is easily one of the lowest blows Ncsoft could have delivered. First the pay heavy trove followed the next day by a RNG box for 135ncoin which requires thousands of Ncoin to get any outfit you want and now they pull this. In the past month they have ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ slapped us, gut checked us and now just drove their knee into our groin. 

Final blow of a knee to the face is the fact that for any of the outfits in the merchant instead of the gold we're now going to have a shit ton of.. it's bloody fabric.. EXPENSIVE fabric. Want the new outfit? well it's only one high quality fabric to the tune of 13g, if the market stays at the current price. 

31 minutes ago, CharlieIsBoss said:

usually the EULA's are written pretty airtight in regards to the game owners can do anything they want when they want and you can either like it or bye bye.

At this point I seriously doubt there is any legal hook, but I am not a lawyer and there must be some line that is crossed when a blatant setup has been created.

definitely wont hurt to check tho...

Yes, that's why I said that the gaming company can shut down their servers any time they want without giving compensation. This is not something new to online games. 

....thank you very much for your "positive" and low "impact" last minute change. Not positive in any way for people who bought them before patch recently. And certainly not low impact like you said. People (including me) lost hundreds to thousands of gold because of your last minute change. Just an apology is a little bit too unfair don't you think?

Let's stop being pretentious acting as if NCSOFT did something illegal. They said in the stream that content is SUBJECT TO CHANGE. It's your own fault for investing in this "stock market" environment. You lost and you're upset. You gambled and you're negative. You got WHAT YOU PAID FOR so there is no scam. A scam would be taking your money and giving you nothing. I'm playing devil's advocate but only because i know law better then most of you and they aren't even remotely in any legal trouble here.

As far as being anti-consumer? YES YES YES!!!! This game along with many other "free to play" games are obscenely anti consumer. This still is your fault, the consumer. It's your responsibility to decide if a deal is raw or not. They aren't guilty of false advertisement as misinformation and false advertisement are two completely different issues. You were led to believe you were going to receive a better then reasonable deal for your in game item. Before releasing a final build to you, they notified you a day early that deal would change. No contracts were signed, no binding statements were made or notarized by official entities. You aren't a share holder and you don't own property, you are entitled to nothing.

You're not a victim of a scam, you're a victim of naivety and impulsive decision making. Had you not invested early, would you have felt slighted? The answer is no. You chose to get the jump on the competition and play the dozens. Don't mistake this post as a defense for the companies lack of consumer friendly behavior. I just hate how people misuse terms and over exaggerate extremes. If you're angry at a company for telling lies, don't lie and say they scammed you when you'd be a ignorant hypocrite like those who call people they disagree with, nazi's. 

1 minute ago, Enemy Silence said:

Let's stop being pretentious acting as if NCSOFT did something illegal. They said in the stream that content is SUBJECT TO CHANGE. It's your own fault for investing in this "stock market" environment. You lost and you're upset. You gambled and you're negative. You got WHAT YOU PAID FOR so there is no scam. A scam would be taking your money and giving you nothing. I'm playing devil's advocate but only because i know law better then most of you and they aren't even remotely in any legal trouble here.

As far as being anti-consumer? YES YES YES!!!! This game along with many other "free to play" games are obscenely anti consumer. This still is your fault, the consumer. It's your responsibility to decide if a deal is raw or not. They aren't guilty of false advertisement as misinformation and false advertisement are two completely different issues. You were led to believe you were going to receive a better then reasonable deal for your in game item. Before releasing a final build to you, they notified you a day early that deal would change. No contracts were signed, no binding statements were made or notarized by official entities. You aren't a share holder and you don't own property, you are entitled to nothing.

You're not a victim of a scam, you're a victim of naivety and impulsive decision making. Had you not invested early, would you have felt slighted? The answer is no. You chose to get the jump on the competition and play the dozens. Don't mistake this post as a defense for the companies lack of consumer friendly behavior. I just hate how people misuse terms and over exaggerate extremes. If you're angry at a company for telling lies, don't lie and say they scammed you when you'd be a ignorant hypocrite like those who call people they disagree with, nazi's. 

das bullsh*t

You guys really screwed the pooch on this one. Even if you might have realized that the exchange was a little too much, it would have been better to just take the hit and learn from it.

Now you've just pissed off pretty much everyone excited for this change and completely screwed over anyone who tried to invest in it, which sounds like a bigger hit to me.

19 minutes ago, Enemy Silence said:

you dont understand the real meaning of an official announcement made on website and official preview stream...

it's not a gamble ...

This was originally released just to be edited with this after

http://prntscr.com/gypqlp

AFTER

http://prntscr.com/gypr41

RIP Ncsoft credibility...

31 minutes ago, Enemy Silence said:

it might not be illegal that part I agree with you with, but they knew a lot of players were investing heavily into it and even went to far as to have radiant energy in F10 quite a few times since then, add to that the patch being less then a day away  and it looks pretty shady even to me who hasn't invested anything into it.

Again it might not be illegal but it does come across as underhanded/scummy.

I just want to say that I quit this game today.

Not because of the thousands of gold I lost which is pretty much upsetting to say the least, but for the unacceptable "mistake" you guys made. A "mistake" because it was not a mistake, it was intentional. You guys waited for the last minute to announce the change. So you could benefit the most and screw the players.

I'm used to dealing with Korean game companies like ESTSoft, NCSoft, Devsisters and so many others (you can check some of my work at schuu.wordpress.com by the way). I've never seen such a lack of respect in my gaming life.
I thoroughly calculated the amount of Radiant Energy needed for 5 hepta gems that would be 140 gem powder (the 6th not included being an Obsidian that works differently). My currently 957 AP would go to 1020 AP. I sold valuable items (2 Premium Transformation Stones, 1 Empyrean Spirit Stone and so on...) in order to make my stock of REs. All this week I've been working on it.

The good thing is: I've been playing BnS since July 10th this year plus I'm f2p. So I neither wasted that much time or money on the game. I just started playing because my friends invited me. One is already in hiatus because he's going to Japan soon... Just sad to leave my other friend behind.
People are afraid to mention their chars, but I'm not that guy, I don't have pride or anything to "preserve". So, say goodbye to Ryan Higa and my alt Liza Koshy. Bye.

rapmon-wave.gif?w=350&h=200&crop=1 

2 minutes ago, Schuu said:

I just want to say that I quit this game today.

Not because of the thousands of gold I lost which is pretty much upsetting to say the least, but for the unacceptable "mistake" you guys made. A "mistake" because it was not a mistake, it was intentional. You guys waited for the last minute to announce the change. So you could benefit the most and screw the players.

I'm used to dealing with Korean game companies like ESTSoft, NCSoft, Devsisters and so many others (you can check some of my work at schuu.wordpress.com by the way). I've never seen such a lack of respect in my gaming life.
I thoroughly calculated the amount of Radiant Energy needed for 5 hepta gems that would be 140 gem powder (the 6th not included being an Obsidian that works differently). My currently 957 AP would go to 1020 AP. I sold valuable items (2 Premium Transformation Stones, 1 Empyrean Spirit Stone and so on...) in order to make my stock of REs. All this week I've been working on it.

The good thing is: I've been playing BnS since July 10th this year plus I'm f2p. So I neither wasted that much time or money on the game. I just started playing because my friends invited me. One is already in hiatus because he's going to Japan soon... Just sad to leave my other friend behind.
People are afraid to mention their chars, but I'm not that guy, I don't have pride or anything to "preserve". So, say goodbye to Ryan Higa and my alt Liza Koshy. Bye.

rapmon-wave.gif?w=350&h=200&crop=1 

It wasn't a mistake, they intended this from the start. The mistake was ours in not seeing what they were doing. See the above image in which there isn't anything that you can trade for the radiant energy. They said it was a 'bug' that would be fixed, this as we now know was a lie.

5 hours ago, Liinxy said:

Greetings,

Last week, on our stream and in a news post here, we told you about the gem changes we have in store. Our intention is to provide easier access, flexibility, and progression with the Hongmoon Gems, however we have to make some alterations to what was previously announced, which is: The Radiant Energy exchange will now provide 10 gold per, instead of the previously announced Hongmoon Gem Powder.

Here’s why: The development team has taken a closer look into the Radiant Energy conversion rate as Antiques, and found an imbalance between the existing value of Radiant Energy compared to the Hongmoon Gem Powder which would have caused gems to be devalued significantly. Because we want to start this major (and positive) change to gems off right, the Antique exchange will instead provide 10 gold per Radiant Energy. We’re sorry about the last-minute changes, and hope that this won’t impact you too much – and to be clear, both powder and fragments are tradeable items.

Thanks for understanding; we’ll closely monitor this new system and player feedback, so please let us know how you feel about it when the Rage of the Hive Queen update goes live!

The Blade & Soul Team

The dev team will have to take a closer look at the playerbase conversion rate as this announcement will create and imbalance between the existing value of this game and company compared to the future reputation and value of the game, company, and the playerbase of this game which will cause this company and game to be devalued significantly. Because you want to retain you jobs and make a living of it this company and comunity managers should instead provide with no moves of this kind to any playerbase of any game. We the playerbase are sorry to inform you this last minute changes have made an very big impact and to be clear this game and company are tradeable items for some other game and some other company.

Thanks for understanding (or maybe you won't). The playerbase will closely monitor this game's and company's next moves, and let you know after today if they will continue to put up with your "issues" and decide to continue playing your games when the Rage of the Hive queen update goes live!.

The playerbase.

1 hour ago, DirectorTseng said:

This is easily one of the lowest blows Ncsoft could have delivered. First the pay heavy trove followed the next day by a RNG box for 135ncoin which requires thousands of Ncoin to get any outfit you want and now they pull this. In the past month they have ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ slapped us, gut checked us and now just drove their knee into our groin. 

Final blow of a knee to the face is the fact that for any of the outfits in the merchant instead of the gold we're now going to have a shit ton of.. it's bloody fabric.. EXPENSIVE fabric. Want the new outfit? well it's only one high quality fabric to the tune of 13g, if the market stays at the current price. 

Yeah I'm kinda ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ off about this for the halloween event tomorrow you have to buy High Quality & Fabrics to spend for the merchant that will spawn by rng once you finish any of the dngs on this list:

Cold Storage

Sogun's Lament

The Shattered Masts

Ebondrake Citadel

Desolate Tomb

Naryu Foundry

Naryu Sanctum

Irontech Forge

Ebondrake Lair

So you think the Bloodthorn outfit was bad they wanted to add another outfit where you have to spend GOLD on FABRICS! Cant they just do it like no other fun event we always get by spending the tokens, bells, candy etc... but nope its a big slap in the face from NCsoft mocking you. So this is clearly unfair for us f2p for this nice halloween outfit this year:
event_outfit.png?width=162&height=300

event_outfit2.png?width=275&height=300

2 minutes ago, Mizuki Chan said:

Yeah I'm kinda ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ off about this for the halloween event tomorrow you have to buy High Quality & Fabrics to spend for the merchant that will spawn by rng once you finish any of the dngs on this list:

Cold Storage

Sogun's Lament

The Shattered Masts

Ebondrake Citadel

Desolate Tomb

Naryu Foundry

Naryu Sanctum

Irontech Forge

Ebondrake Lair

So you think the Bloodthorn outfit was bad they wanted to add another outfit where you have to spend GOLD on FABRICS! Cant they just do it like no other fun event we always get by spending the tokens, bells, candy etc... but nope its a big slap in the face from NCsoft mocking you. So this is clearly unfair for us f2p for this nice halloween outfit this year:
event_outfit.png?width=162&height=300

event_outfit2.png?width=275&height=300

Exactly and when you look at it, the average outfit used to be 5g for the older outfits, 10g for the newer outfits. Now the newer outfits it's a min of 13g for any of them, and prices are only going to skyrocket tomorrow. And it's even more shitty when you think about it because in order to get fabrics outside of trove you have to destroy outfits.. to the tune of 1K ncoin. 

It just hit me that if they aren't bsing and telling the truth, they are saying "oh hey, we have no idea how the economy is so instead of DELAYING it while we decided what to do, we thought we would flood the game with more gold even though we keep talking about cash sinks... yea that sounds like a good idea"

There has to be over 50k radiants, mabye over 100k radiants in the game as items right now, that means tommorrow the people who keep saying they want to find new "cash sinks" are going to be adding 500k-1mill+ gold into the game. That is there way of "balanceing" the game and keeping gems "steady"... flooding the game with more gold that it doesn't need and removeing all gem materials that will end up in F10...

Archived