Gunner Shadow or Fire

ScourgeBreak

I know this is possibly a dumb question. It's been expanded on in the lower left hand chat box and probably beaten to death. I just want to know regarding DPS. Regarding both I've read that Shadow is good for consistency but for end game gear Fire is better. The only difference is cooldown rates for both and how often the crits proc. As far as practicality goes, shadow would be better to try to go for as fire is a hot commodity. Although, with the recent buffs it hard to say about shadow because they may both be on par, request wise. At this time, I'm running Shadow. And I know it seems like I'm trying to pool information together (Which I am) but I'd like to know from everyone. Basically asking, why they like what they like.

Fire and shadow DPS is honestly around the same, play both and choose which you like better. Note that they have very different playstyles. But if you have high ping, then go for fire definitely.

For me, I play fire simply because it feels more like a gunner and I like the impactful attacks and the amazing bursts. Shadow just doesn't seem that appealing to me.

I go to training room between 5-10 minutes and check my dps with fire and shadow, and with my high ping whatever rotation I do, whatever rng I get from fire spec, fire outdps shadow with less efforts and I'm lazy so I stick with fire but that's my personal opinion.

I think people mostly go fire because they're just lazy to do Shadow rotation. You always have to keep up your Dark Mark, also use Undertaker to not get Light speed when your TAB is on CD. Basically lots of more clicking and work than just pressing RMB and 3 whenever RNG works out for you and you still deal huge damage with less work. Also people like to see huge numbers on DPS meter even if it's for few seconds. So basically at the end it's the matter of preference, which style you like the most. Also some say Fire is more ping reliant, the others say Shadow is more ping reliant, they're the same. With bad ping they both suck, the difference might be 1-2k damage. 

I like Shadow more than Fire, the DPS is almost the same if you do the rotations right, but in the case of Fire I dont like to get targeted by the bosses because of the burst also I dont like to be rooted on the ground while doing the tab burst, in shadow I feel my moovement on the field is a lot better since I dont get rooted on the burst, also the rotation is more flexible and the animations suit my taste more, and I kind of dont like the RNG fator on the 3 skill of the fire build.

Archived