First step in rosethorn chests

Xyrelle

As the news page about the Rosthorn boxes says: "This chest gives costume collectors who missed out on some previous outfits another chance to get them" So why is First Step even in there....??? You can get it for free from the Skittering Tunnels and it's not even a rare drop either.

Because nc does not have a single clue about their own game. It was also sold in the cash shop after launch and there are even two spots in the wardrobe for it one for the drop and one for the bought one even though it's exactly the same outfit.

If you make a character past the age where Skittering Tunnels is still useful (lv45 and when Radiant Ring Addendum was still a hot item), then First Step is god-sent which basically helps you skip the grind or spending like 900+ coin. All with the price of 130, if you get it, to save time and efforts.

Believe me, you don't want to grind Skittering Tunnels for the outfit. It is one of very few dungeons with annoying forced mechanic, where even the strongest whale cannot skip the thing.

3 hours ago, Kozuki said:

If you make a character past the age where Skittering Tunnels is still useful (lv45 and when Radiant Ring Addendum was still a hot item), then First Step is god-sent which basically helps you skip the grind or spending like 900+ coin. All with the price of 130, if you get it, to save time and efforts.

Believe me, you don't want to grind Skittering Tunnels for the outfit. It is one of very few dungeons with annoying forced mechanic, where even the strongest whale cannot skip the thing.

What are you talking about, You Faceroll that dungeon. and if you have a strong single hit, you can 2-3 shot. skipping mechanic. same as The Shrieking caverns which you can one shot.

The Drop Rate in Skittering Tunnels for Outfit, is like 80%, drops aprox every 2 runs.

1 hour ago, SayhaSeer said:

What are you talking about, You Faceroll that dungeon. and if you have a strong single hit, you can 2-3 shot. skipping mechanic. same as The Shrieking caverns which you can one shot.

The Drop Rate in Skittering Tunnels for Outfit, is like 80%, drops aprox every 2 runs.

Nope, I grinded that thing when it was still a good part of dailies. Never drop once for me before. So RNG is RNG, and it sucks when it is not your side.

I know you can't skip the mechanics in Skittering Tunnels, so for some it might be tedious to do the dungeon. If you really wanted First Step though, it is like one of the easiest outfits to get in this game. Anyone who finishes the storyline can solo this dungeon, and most people get it within 2 runs. It is a common reward from the box from the dynamic quest.

So again I fail to see why this is even in the boxes, because as they said: "This chest gives costume collectors who missed out on some previous outfits another chance to get them"

You literally can not have missed out on your chance of getting First Step as it is an ingame drop...

On 10/11/2017 at 1:52 PM, Cor said:

Because nc does not have a single clue about their own game. It was also sold in the cash shop after launch and there are even two spots in the wardrobe for it one for the drop and one for the bought one even though it's exactly the same outfit.

I always thought that was silly, having two different spots/slots in the wardrobe for the same exact outfit. They also often rename outfits, especially when a new palette swap of the older version is released.

On a side note, the "Secret Agent" outfit is ALSO "free", in that you CAN get it in game by doing a VERY annoying quest up to a certain point, then abandoning it, and THEN re-acquiring the quest, IF your outfit doesn't drop off of a stupid robot. I ONLY make attempts to get it to drop every once in a blue moon because the RNG in this game is absolutely bonkers. Anyway, when BNS launched in NA, the "Secret Agent" outfit was on the Hongmoon Store for a long while as a sort of permanent item. It's been gone for a long time now, but I sure wish I bought it instead of having to farm it. It's such a slow and tedious process. If your outfit doesn't drop, you have to abandon the quest and then pick it up again. All of the running back and forth just gets tiring.

Archived