Jump to content
Forums

Rosethorn drop rate is way too low


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My wife just spent over $100 and didn't get a single rosethorn costume but has plenty of fabrics left over, this is just really outrageous. I'm wondering what made them not put the costume available f

The price of these boxes is disgusting. While it's technically great value if you get a costume you want out of the box rather than something crappy like first step, you'd also be spending as much as

I suggest to put all rose costumes in a bundle includes weapon skin just like in before that grand phoenix bundle list the same nc amount at least can ensure people to get 100% chance instead of rng

My wife just spent over $100 and didn't get a single rosethorn costume but has plenty of fabrics left over, this is just really outrageous. I'm wondering what made them not put the costume available for fabrics as well so at least you'll have a definite chance of getting it. The way they have done things is a complete rip off and now making people have to spend more than Korea for just one outfit.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Haha gotta love all these whiners who knew they are dealing with RNG which is horrendous in this game and yet still decided and pay money for it. Because players like you exist they are shamelessly giving us "events" like this. Because they know people will still pay for it and then complain afterwards but who cares. Either be smart about what you're doing or don't complain when you get big fat middle finger. 

Edited by Beleth
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Beleth said:

Haha gotta love all these whiners who knew they are dealing with RNG which is horrendous in this game and yet still decided and pay money for it. Because players like you exist they are shamelessly giving us "events" like this. Because they know people will still pay for it and then complain afterwards but who cares. Either be smart about what you're doing or don't complain when you get big fat middle finger. 

Thank to them, the game is alive and kicking, though.

 

17 minutes ago, SalemK said:

Glad I didn't spend on any. Hopefully they refund you guys like they did during trove and fix the rate.

Why should they? Unless no Rosethorn outfit never drops, which is not the case.

 

6 minutes ago, newbiez said:

i knew it someone gonna make topic for this stuff

Like every single thread with RNG box.

 

In any case, if you aim to get Rosethorn, may as well get them from F5, and buy enough boxes for fabric for other items. Maybe wait for like a week for price to settle first

 

If you're lucky, you will get another Rosethorn and sell them, getting back money.

 

If you're unlucky, at least you don't have to deal with RNG.

Edited by Kozuki
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Beleth said:

Haha gotta love all these whiners who knew they are dealing with RNG which is horrendous in this game and yet still decided and pay money for it. Because players like you exist they are shamelessly giving us "events" like this. Because they know people will still pay for it and then complain afterwards but who cares. Either be smart about what you're doing or don't complain when you get big fat middle finger. 

I know right? Guess this is the thought process

If i spend x amount of dollars, I better receive it!

 

But seriously people. You know the risks. Your spending $$$ on a ""Chance"" item

Your better off obtaining gold and purchasing the outfit from the marketplace if you really want it.

But, if everyone did that. There wouldn't be any costumes on the marketplace lol

 

The only thing the boxes are good for is the fabric really.

Just in case you want the rosethorn accessories or weapon skin.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Kozuki said:

Thank to them, the game is alive and kicking, though.

Yeah I don't think they care about that though. They don't spend money just to keep the game alive and when they do and they basically get scammed they're not thinking "well at least we keep the game alive" Spending on Trove is alright I guess because you're getting at least something useful but this event? Is just slap in the face to those who keep this game alive. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

How is the droprate? The first in list dropping like rice balls and the last like legendary ginseng? Or is it random?

 

I would buy 1 or 2 chests. Not because of the rose costume. I'm sure, i won't get it anyway. But to get those other/older from it. I own only 1 from the list. Well, it feels like, i get excactly this 1 with my rng luck. Or the cat thing, that i and a lot other don't need. Which costume appears often? And which rarely aside from rose?


And since we get so many costumes for some time now, isn't it time, to give us the free wardrobe already? We get all stuff from Korea with delay, but not this?

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Beleth said:

Yeah I don't think they care about that though. They don't spend money just to keep the game alive and when they do and they basically get scammed they're not thinking "well at least we keep the game alive" Spending on Trove is alright I guess because you're getting at least something useful but this event? Is just slap in the face to those who keep this game alive. 

Well, it depends on how you look at it too.

 

For an outfit collectors like me, and as I just recently has a new character where I would love investing in outfits for her, this RNG box is basically god-sent compared to those material boxes. I can fill a lot of empty space in her wardrobe.

 

I hate previous material RNG box, cuz it is a bigger slap to someone loves outfit like me. I only want the outfit, not PSTS or Sacred Oils. They are nice to have, but I only want the outfit, and the drop rate is basically 3%. I can spend for 1,000 boxes and get nothing.

 

For this outfit box, however, I have not yet experienced frustration. Only joy of having outfits that worth 900+ coin for 130 coin each. 100% of the drop are outfit, and if I don't like them, I can salvage them for fabric to get something useful

 

Since my aim is for Rosethorn outfit, I still have to buy 60+ boxes to gather fabric (I play Summoner, so even more boxes), hoping to get it along the way. However, because Rosethorn outfit is tradable, I can buy it from F5, if I'm sick of RNG fest.

 

So  yeah, like I said above, you should only play with RNG outfit box if:

-You are new players whose wardrobe have nothing

-You want outfits for your alts.

-You have gold to buy Rosethorn outfit itself from F5, and only buy boxes to collect fabric for a full set. If you're lucky, you will get one or two Rosethorn, which basically give you back your gold.

 

If not, you will face a worse taste than with material RNG boxes, since these boxes give you nothing for equipment upgrade.

 

Edited by Kozuki
Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, the problem is that every game that has these RNG lootbox nonsense in it is pretty much just gonna be gambling. Overpriced gambling in this case. From what I've seen, unless someone gets super lucky, they will have a bad time. Heck, I'd say only those can enjoy this event, who: don't want any of the Rosethorn items, don't have too many HMStore outfits and only bought a smaller amount of boxes. If you want Rosethorn stuff? Bad time. You want a few outfits, but already own many of the stuff from the box? Most likely bad time. Bought a huge amount of boxes? Unless lucky, you will probably have a bad time. Congrats to those who did get the Rosethorn outfit and enough Fabric for other stuff, but from the looks of it, that is the minority

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SalemK said:

Glad I didn't spend on any. Hopefully they refund you guys like they did during trove and fix the rate.

They won't refund you on this no matter what because it is different story. In the trove, they forgot to add the gems when they got the patch, so basically no one in the game could get the gems from trove with 0% rate. However, for this rosethorn event, several players have already gotten the costume, which means the rate is not 0%.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tsunade said:

There has been so many selling in the market place. It's guaranteed there.

There have been exactly 24 sold as of this post. There are 5 on the market and the price is rising in general. This suggest less and less people are buying into the box and the rate people buy into will likely go down as the event proceedsIt's impossible to tell the actually rate w/o a mass of data, but don't think for a second that the market is a super reliable way to get these. A lot of what was sold could also be people stockpiling for later sales when they can gauge the price.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Malign said:

There have been exactly 24 sold as of this post. There are 5 on the market and the price is rising in general. This suggest less and less people are buying into the box and the rate people buy into will likely go down as the event proceedsIt's impossible to tell the actually rate w/o a mass of data, but don't think for a second that the market is a super reliable way to get these. A lot of what was sold could also be people stockpiling for later sales when they can gauge the price.

I bought mine off the market, and so can others, just saying it's there right now for those who have terrible RNG. If the price does rise, then too bad (Grab it now then).

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Malign said:

There have been exactly 24 sold as of this post. There are 5 on the market and the price is rising in general. This suggest less and less people are buying into the box and the rate people buy into will likely go down as the event proceedsIt's impossible to tell the actually rate w/o a mass of data, but don't think for a second that the market is a super reliable way to get these. A lot of what was sold could also be people stockpiling for later sales when they can gauge the price.

HMcoin users can only buy 10 chests per day. Many of them haven't unleashed their whole HMcoin wallet to its fullest.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FrozenB said:

They won't refund you on this no matter what because it is different story. In the trove, they forgot to add the gems when they got the patch, so basically no one in the game could get the gems from trove with 0% rate. However, for this rosethorn event, several players have already gotten the costume, which means the rate is not 0%.

I didn't buy any so I wouldn't need it. They didn't forget to add anything during trove, the crit rates were just so low which is why they changed it for the last trove to guarantee a crit after 40 tries, though I also got more crits than I ever did without reaching 40 compared to the other troves. Even before they did the roll back on the keys there were players getting crits.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SalemK said:

I didn't buy any so I wouldn't need it. They didn't forget to add anything during trove, the crit rates were just so low which is why they changed it for the last trove to guarantee a crit after 40 tries, though I also got more crits than I ever did without reaching 40 compared to the other troves. Even before they did the roll back on the keys there were players getting crits.

The 40 keys things is actually implemented in the other regions, the others though the free spin counts towards the 40. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, maishiranui32768 said:

hi one question why need 900 ap if dungeon mechanics is dificulty level down i think is 600 ~ 700 ap is enough to do dungeons 

Faster runs.

That's about it really.

Link to post
Share on other sites

You people still dont get it ? The RNG Boxes are a Professonel way of a legit Scam, but U KNOW THIS already, You all KNOW that NCSOFT is gonna be more and more greedy BUT WE ALL Decide to play there mindgames even if we know this exactly.

 

Sadly this whole game is build around pure envy and Greed, the Grind, the new Classes, the Items, RNG Events and other Stuff. Even that ppl act like mega Trolls and retards is acceptable for NCSoft/west cause they make money with all of this Issues.

 

If someone got better gear and u get killed in pvp to often, there are willing to pay for upgrade stuff more and more

IF u get flamed in Dungeons for doing low dmg ...

If u get kicked out of party for low gear ...

If u get rekt from a new class that is just OP in circume stances (WL last, Gunner now) ....

If ur while guild got some stuff u def want as well ....

If u get mad of grinding and grinding months to upgrade ur gear ....

If the RNG God just dont know ur name and u never got luck ...

 

 .... you/we are willing to pay more and more

 

Even if we get trolled in dungeons by afk player or just retards they mess up mechs by intend, some of us are willing to pay to get revange sooner or later somehow in PvP ....

 

So guys what do you expect ? They got all this Datas from marketing research and production developers to get the maximum money squeezed of us. As long as you/We pay there prices they do what ever they wanna do. Games are no Games anymore they are Real Life Investments and we get treated like in real life.

 

Got the Balls and say NO from time to time, We dont even need most stuff, Sure they are a few out there that just wanna pose with there gear, but at least I hope most of us play Games to share a hobby with friends and people to get a good time with them. 

 

I guess this wont change anything but sometimes someone needs to do the first step to raise a little hope.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Lata said:

I guess this wont change anything but sometimes someone needs to do the first step to raise a little hope.

Someone random is not enough. Must be whale heroes to have the impact. Everything else is just commoner zeroes.

 

And whales don't complain here. They are now busy taking video and selfies of their ten characters in Rosethorn set now.

Link to post
Share on other sites

What made them even call this an "event" lol I guess its an event to them since they're the ones getting something good out of it milking their players out of money. I just knew they were going to find a way to make people pay the same as Korea if not more than 100$ for the whole set. The fact that 10 boxes cost over $15 was more than enough to tell me to stay away from it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Kozuki said:

And whales don't complain here. They are now busy taking video and selfies of their ten characters in Rosethorn set now.

There is something more I would love to add to this comment, but then I would need another new forum account ^^

 

btw. the best thing is, they said they made this event for collectors to get hands on some rare costumes they missed, so why did they put some FREE Clothes into the box u can farm for Free like "First Steps" or "Pionieer" lol

Professional Scam Like I said xD

Edited by Lata
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...