Rosethorn drop rate is way too low

Malign

Okay so I know this outfit is supposed to be special like the phoenix outfit. I know it's not supposed to be cheap. But is there really no way to make this non-RNG? For real I've been waiting for this outfit for a long time since I first saw images of it, and I even put down quite a bit of my money to try to get it, but nothing. There isn't even a way to get it through fabrics from just buying a ton of these boxes. It's pure RNG and I'm just really sad that I won't be able to get it since I've spent more money trying to get this than I spent buying the phoenix outfit. Leaves a really bad taste in my mouth.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well, just paid 200 bucks and not a single rosethorn. I smell a nice sweet scam. Best part First step only from the first 20 boxes xD

I think I gonna say my bank for returning my money. I don't care if NCwest ban me, its a scam event.

Those event are outrageous, i have never seen that, gamble event non stop, we cant even call it a video game anymore, they could just have added this outfif in the store, but instead they want you to pay thousands of $ to gamble on 2D clothes...stop giving money to those people, this is a shame...

Let me just put a heads up for you all before you act like Lgi here wasting money for better things.

There is NOTHING special about this costume, no new dance, no new animation or anything, it just weapons and small wings that glow. Sure I've been waiting for this costume since summer started to come here but if it's just another RNG BS don't waste your time, go do something else.

Is like this cause u ALLE BUY this stuff, yeah u cry in forum thats unfair and scum but u STILL Buy it, instead of ignoring.

Its Mankinds Stupidness to do always the same in the same way, but expect something else happens.

For shits and giggles i used the new HM coins I got from surprise prize and got two devotions, a demon maw and some other one.. none are really worth it but not gonna salvage them as that's only 10 fabrics.. not enough to get the outfit i want. I will not buy Ncoin for this.. no way in hell. 

In my opinion this event strikes a new low on the greediness of this game company..... i would have the 60 bucks for  a bundle the same as the Phoenix set was but this as much as i love the Rosethorn outfit no thanks NC.

52 minutes ago, Backstabpuss said:

Ita always like this. Koreans will soon or later turn every game into e gamble. Its cultural thing.

In Aion even skills and PvP are RNG.

It wasn't like this in KR you could buy it up front for 100$.

The price of these boxes is disgusting. While it's technically great value if you get a costume you want out of the box rather than something crappy like first step, you'd also be spending as much as you would for an outfit regularly just to get enough rosethorn fabrics to buy even ONE accessory for the rosethorn outfit. A shame because I was looking forward to that eyepatch and weapon skin.

Why didn't you just put the whole outfit in the cash shop? Why are you doing it like this...? This isn't an event, it's not even fun. It's just sad.

And I just saw that if you pull rosethorn cat your screwed because its not even salvageable for fabric.

Its plain and simple, Even if most of u cry that this is a shame and Scam, most ppl just WANT that stuff, if they would put this outfit for 50 or 60 bucks, just a handfull of ppl would buy it, cause its just a outfit and nothing gamerelated. with the chests on the other hand almost Everyone thinks he/her is the one that got the little luck to get this costume and pay for a few chests, even if the know deep inside, that they wont get it, but its a game about hope that publisher play with us, and some ppl are even so crazy that they just try and try it over and over to get it, and thesse ppl then, pay much more as the 40 - 60 bucks, its all about maximize incoming Money for NCwest.

In b4 the inevitable tool appears to tell us how he got rosethorn in 3 boxes. I would like to know some stats though to see how this rng might be weighted and how much fabric you would get out of the 10 boxes. If there isn't a realistic chance to get say cold soldier or white hot I may as well drop the 20 for red rider instead. 

Well, you can get up to 3 fabrics from one costume, except like First Step and some others give only 1 fabric. If you were the lucky one you still need 80 fabric for all other items including the weapon skin. So, you would get if lucky 30 fabrics, if unlucky just 10.

Ncsoft, if u want to make money just add this outfit/pet/skin weapon into f10 menu. 

Players will spend tons of money to get it, even knowing this is a fashion thing (including me). Rng boxes in this game are just shameless and wrong.

I wonder why we can't see the % of each item tho.

20 boxes. Nothing so far, but it fills up my collection. I get like 10 outfits for two characters within 2,000 HMcoin, so not bad I guess.

Rosethorn cat is dirty cheap on F5, so if you are a summoner want to groom your cat, don't seek for it from these boxes, except when you need fabric for full set :D

Rosethorn outfit is available on F5. Just wait a whiles if you are not keen with RNG to buy it.

Also, do not mail bind-on-equip outfits. They cost stamps, while you can just do a proxy trade for free.

Rosethorn Fabric is bound-to-account, so just get the box on characters you want to expand wardrobe collection. The worst, you just salvage them for fabrics.

Another annoying is that if you aim to get a full set of Rosethorn, you need to buy over 50 boxes for fabric alone. More if you are a Summoner and want the weapon skin too.

Archived