Buff management

Kozuki

With the new UI, it becomes easier to manage your own buff from that cluster of buff bars now. It is a step to right direction.

Here are some suggestions to make it even better:

-Add an option to exclude pvp-related debuff on target. No one really cares if the bosses get approach-skill or block-skill disabled in PvE content, and it just makes the target's buff bar a cluster.

-Add Soulburn/Fighting Spirit icons next to the UI for weapon/accessory/soul buff for easier buff management.

-Adding an countdown icon next to the HP bar of Warlock/Kung Fu Master/Assassin that signals their cooldown of Soulburn/Fighting Spirit. This is particularly helpful when you want to sync your long-cooldown soul with as many party buffs as possible.

-Add a double-sword icon on the name of party members who or whose pets are currently being target by mobs. This  will be useful to know the person who cause in-combat bug to avoid the whole party wasting Escape.

#1 This game isnt Soulburn/Fighting spirit oriented and should not be, we can exclude this wish. I agree with the debuffs on pve bosses, but i dont know how it can be handled.

#2 As i said in my first sentence, this game isnt Soulburn/Fighting spirit oriented, and besides UI is gear only. And it's not really necessary.

#3 That's just too much Buff oriented.

#4 Totally, but instead of this they can try to fix this "Fighting Bug/Combat Bug" issue. If they can't, your idea is great.

27 minutes ago, noobhere said:

#1 This game isnt Soulburn/Fighting spirit oriented and should not be, we can exclude this wish. I agree with the debuffs on pve bosses, but i dont know how it can be handled.

#2 As i said in my first sentence, this game isnt Soulburn/Fighting spirit oriented, and besides UI is gear only. And it's not really necessary.

#3 That's just too much Buff oriented.

#4 Totally, but instead of this they can try to fix this "Fighting Bug/Combat Bug" issue. If they can't, your idea is great.

The combat bug issue has lasted since the launch of this game in Korea, alongside with BM/BD's tendency to go out-combat mid-fight and drops Draw Stance along with boss aggro. I doubt it get fixed.

The idea to deal with combat bug is actually not new. I think when the UI with Ultimate gauge is introduced, someone managed to tell who get the combat bug, but I honestly don't know how it works.

About the game being SB/BB oriented is not, we have four classes that handle SB/BB: Sin, KFM, WL and Gunner (for reset). Also, there are people who not yet have the cooldown reduction of 8 BT/3 VT, so when you put them into a single party, it might be nice to have some ideas when you should sync the buff. Also, there are two classes that use long-cooldown soul for burst: Ice SF and Fire Gunner, so by knowing the current status of SB/BB/Reset cooldown, they will have better management.

I play a Fire Gunner, and I kinda want to know when a SB/BB is kicking in, so that I can sync my Bulletstorm with it. At the present, you can only tell through visual effect of a WL summoning Thrall, while Sin/KFM has no preparation steps as they can just press their skills. Another way is looking at a very clustered buff bar where party cooldown and normal buff are mixed like fried rice.

Archived