Forums

Battlefield is a joke

Militiaman

Is this for whales only? because i am not really sure.... 

You seem to like to force people into it for a daily but then you go up against people that dualwield credit cards? 

Make Battlefield like arena where everyone is on equal footing, that way it is skill and teamwork that wins and not how much money you can throw at the monitor... 

I question if NCSoft even knows how to balance a game?

This has been posted time and time again since the battleground was introduced. This is very much a whale area, if you don't have raven and pvp shield it is almost impossible to contend during peak frenzy time. Your best bet if you are 'under geared' is to do it prior or after frenzy when more lower levels are doing it and pray to get into the PT with the raven or pvp weapon characters. 

Generally i avoid WWV and focus on Beluga since that one as long as you can keep the other team occupied with pvp you can win be stealing the three horns. 

• 4 weeks later...

Challenger, Sparring and Hell sets all provide substantial PvP bonuses and are not win gated. Also win requirements for Elder are very low by now.

But yes, current average gear in 6v6 will require you to have some minimum gear even to compete in Bronze (no kidding):

- HM 10 for 50points in HM DEF.
- 3000ish crit def
- Raven or Ascendant 3
- Pet up to at least crit def stage
- some more pierce
- a good burst skill bonus, might require good badge combination (depends on your class)

You can try with Galaxy 10-12 or Dawn/Rift and without a pet, at your own risk. Of course good reflexes and technical skill will get you further and compensate for gear. To an extent.

Archived