Add HM skill books of old lv50 dungeons to recent ones

Kozuki

Similar to Bloodshade books getting phased out in favor of Volume 4 book that drops from Naryu Foundry (though this actually makes the book become more expensive for people who can afford 120 freezing orbs.)

This will help increase supply of HM items, allowing new players to be able to access them more easily with their humble income.

This is to increase supply of HM items to F5, so it is okay to keep the HM item drops in older dungeons, IMO

Suggestion:

-Desolate Tomb: Volume 1 - Chapter 1

-Ebondrake Citadel: Volume 1 - Chapter 2

-Naryu Foundry: Volume 4 (already implemented)

-Naryu Sanctum: Asura Ember

-Irontech Forge: Volume 3 - Chapter 1 (Be Ido book)

-Ebondrake Lair: Offal of Silence and Offal of Darkness

For the asura ember they just need to tweak the drop rate a bit to make it easier to obtain. Sogun's lament is actually still a dungeon worth running cause it still gives the highest gold pay out for a single dungeon run (though it is a long one). It's also on the daily challenge more than once a week and finding a party for it isn't that hard. If they really wanted to increase supply side of the ember without tweaking the drop rate from sogun's while still having it drop from asura himself, they could add it to flame and ice asura from VT. Yeah the players doing that raid don't need them, but if it's a guaranteed drop it'll decrease the price for players trying to buy one by simply getting more of them on the market. (I know I'm gonna get flamed for saying this)

The dungeons that really need to have their HM item removed are necro and gloomdross. Jus to put it plainly, doing core defense dungeons is down right miserable. I don't know anyone who likes doing these dungeon. When these two are in the daily, most people I know skip them. That's why these items are so expensive. I had to run necro for 2 hours the other day to get a lucent belt. After the first hour I was about tilted off a cliff.

I really wish they would return Vol. 4 to the cold storage merchant. That skill is a core skill for WL and FM and those are just the 2 I know it's super important for. Having more ways to obtain HM skills helps ease the burden of entry into the game. I know HM skills are supposed to be hard to get but do they really need to be that hard? Getting 1250 achievement points is way easier than it used to be due to the dramatic increase in achievements available since release.

The HM skill system needs to be reworked imo. I'm not saying they should be free, but 500g or more for a skill is pretty steep when you're new. It even stings when you're a long time player.

27 minutes ago, newbiez said:

for me they should just increase the drop rate...if they put those hm skills in recent dungeon but the drop rate still low...it doesnt change anything tho...

Increase drop rate won't change a thing, when half of the BnS population prefer to run something else over tedious dungeons like Necro and Gloomross, if they can afford it. Nexus is not even in the list of Daily Challenges anymore. Even for weapon chest, Gloomross can be avoid with Radiant Ring crafting keys and farming some peaches for the weapon chest.

However, people run a lot of the big six for gear upgrade, weapon farming or material farming.

-DT gives second-best necklace in this game.  Also for AP achievement

-EC is for material farming cuz it is the shortest dungeon.

-NF is for best belt. It already drops a book.

-NS is for the bracelet, a true gear upgrade. People farm this thing days and nights.

-IF is for the elemental gems.

-EC is simply just gold-farming runs. People with gear spam this a lot.

In short, they spam these dungeons a lot. Better loot, better gear upgrade, better everything. Unless you are lucky with loot, you tend to have to run 100-200 times of these dungeons in order to get a legendary accessory by collecting tokens.

Higher drop rate on dungeons with not many one wants to visit <<<<<<< the same drop rate but in popular dungeons.

Not mentioning that these dungeons all have Hard Mode, so it should have better chance to drop the book (less trash item drop -> more chance for the book to appear)

but still keep the hm skill drop from those oldest dungeon just for new player to grind for it...since pretty sure those new player rather to grind for it then buy at f5...since pretty sure those hm skills not cheap for new player and they not capable enough to go those recent dungeon...

Archived