Forums

Killed by my own teammate

Stormpooper

As the title implies, I have been killed by my own teammate in a tag match. I was grabbed by an enemy destroyer when a gunner from my team (no doubts about him being on my team) interfered and used tombstone + bullet storm on the destroyer. The destroyer blocked all the attacks while I got killed before I could even react to my HP dropping rapidly. So naturally I don't have a screenshot of it happening, however, I do have a picture with evidence of my clanmate getting hit by his teammate in battlegrounds.

https://imgur.com/8W21WGv - because "insert other media" doesn't seem to work

This isn't a bug. When you're grabbed, a Destroyer (or Blade Dancer) will be able to block frontal attacks: The grabbed target receives the damage instead, which make sense, for what it's worth.

You got killed because the Destroyer used you as a human shield and your teammate didn't react properly by moving around the Destroyer or maybe using an AoE CC, especially a pull or a KD (I do not know if it works, honestly) : The Destroyer probably had specced his Grab to the "Reduce defense" variant which rapidly increases damage done to the grabbed target by reducing it's defense. It most probably works even if it's your teammate who's doing the damage. If your teammate wasn't able to CC, he simply should have stayed put and stopped attacking.

Blade Dancers can obviously do the same.

I use it often, and I think it's working as intended.

It still seems weird to me since I have been grabbed many times before (with my teammate interfering and attacking (no not CC'ing) (there's a surprising number of such players I've met over my 7 characters)) and never noticed anything like this, on neither BD or Des + on my own BD I don't see something among the lines of "transfers blocked damage to gripped target" anywhere on all 3 stages.

A human shield doesn't seem logic to me when you're dealing with AoE explosions tho. But I guess I shouldn't go there with all the miracles that occur in this game...

Archived