Forums

RACE JIN FOR FM!

Connell

13 hours ago, Raenbow said:

Whoever said open all classes to all races (I haven't had enough coffee to go look and quote and blarg); yes please. That would be amazing. Also, Lyn destroyer would be hilarious.

I think that was me, but I agree with the Lyn Destroyer thing. We'd just be giving them yet another class that can "spin to win". lol

wait, there is Gon FMs in the game. Those Bokgon guys in ToE...those are gon male and FM...huh...who woulda thought? 

But ya, I seriously think if we could play FM on Jin as well, no one would ever play any other race in the game since Jin will be a one catch all.

But again, my assumption for that change would be that Jin was getting played way more often than any of the others for the sole purpose of it having just about all the classes in the game available to it, with the exception of race specific classes.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't quite understand the thinking that any one race should have classes opened or restricted based on how played the race is. If a race is the most played that means those players wanted to play as that race, how is that detrimental to any other race exactly? Race specific classes is unfortunate, I was fortunate enough to get into the original Korean beta of this game when it first came out and Jin FM was the race/class that made me fall in love with this game. When they removed it I was heart broken as it was the smoothest feeling Fm race for me, the class was tailored to them, hence why pretty much every single FM npc prior to silverfrost is a Jin FM. Being forced to race lock specific classes just so those races get played is somewhat silly and serves no purpose, it's an archaic practice that forces people to play races they may not like simply to create a race diversity that isn't necessary.

+1

I'd be all for this implementation. Switched to JIN gunner and SF but they didn't quite give the same feel as my smooth gon FM does. Purchased a race change voucher long ago in meager hopes that the day for such a great change to jins will become a reality for us the players. Holding onto that voucher for the time being. We can only hope at this point.

Archived