RACE JIN FOR FM!

Connell

Hello Hello guys! Come on, help me here...

I know that I'm not the only person that would like this.

What do you think about JIN RACE "Force Master"?

Who never saw a mob JIN FM on the game?

I really don't like play with Gon Race, and the Lyn's are so cute, but I prefer use JIN when I'm playing.. Why just Jin is the only class that can't be FM? 

Why not release them for FM too? I, and I believe many others will be so happy with this.

JIN FOR FORCE MASTER ;3 

Only if I can turn my lyn into a gunner lol. I'm pretty sure the race distinction has something to do with the backstory behind the different races with jins not being "magical" like the rest, but they gave em WL so who knows anymore. Just please no Gon summoners.

I would love this. I almost always play Jin simply because Gon and Yun and Lyn aren't really my thing (I do have a Lyn summoner). 

Personally, I would love to see Jin open to playing any class aside from destroyer. Open destroyer for Yun (while they're dainty, it could be argued they use agility rather than brute strength and they're relatively tall). Lyn should be open to assassin and gunslinger would actually work out really well with them, I think. They do the cockiness of warlock really well and I think gunslinger would translate just as well. 

But, just my two cents.

2 hours ago, Malign said:

Only if I can turn my lyn into a gunner lol. I'm pretty sure the race distinction has something to do with the backstory behind the different races with jins not being "magical" like the rest, but they gave em WL so who knows anymore. Just please no Gon summoners.

Nah, it's either about having forced diversity or about NC not wanting to pay for animations for all classes on all characters. Lucky for them I have a soft sport for cute things and my lyn FM happens to be really cute and endearing. Also it wouldn't hurt if NC could maybe hire a different art director next time around and not this Kim Hyung Tae person. Nothing against the dude, but he can't make body proportions for *%&@. Gon males look like someone mounted a kid's head on top of Ser Gregor Clegane's body, all females except lyns look like every day is a leg day for them and never touch any other exercise. Yes even Yun are like this, only difference is that they're anorexic except for their thighs. No thank you.

All in all no wonder people gravitate towards Jin. It's literally the only race with  flavor of normality to them.

Also +1 for OP's idea.

4 hours ago, Malign said:

Well, Jin FM makes sense given that Jin can be SF, which is already half FM...

Like, it makes no sense for a race to be able to be SF, but not also be FM + KFM.

The only thing I can think of, is that Jin already has access to the most classes (6 compared to Yun's 5 and Gon/Lyn's 4), but ehh... Could easily balance that out by opening up more classes to other Races. For example, I'd buy a Race Change for my Gunner in a heartbeat if GunsLynger was a thing.

Other options include, giving Assassin to literally any other race. Gon BM? Gon/Yun WL?

5 hours ago, MassiveEgo said:

Nah, it's either about having forced diversity or about NC not wanting to pay for animations for all classes on all characters. Lucky for them I have a soft sport for cute things and my lyn FM happens to be really cute and endearing. Also it wouldn't hurt if NC could maybe hire a different art director next time around and not this Kim Hyung Tae person. Nothing against the dude, but he can't make body proportions for *%&@. Gon males look like someone mounted a kid's head on top of Ser Gregor Clegane's body, all females except lyns look like every day is a leg day for them and never touch any other exercise. Yes even Yun are like this, only difference is that they're anorexic except for their thighs. No thank you.

All in all no wonder people gravitate towards Jin. It's literally the only race with  flavor of normality to them.

Also +1 for OP's idea.

Most of my character are female because most of the outfits look better, in MY opinion, on females, and the ONLY male in the entire game I felt I could make "look cool" was my male Gon. Min actually has a "Hot Hulk" Look if that makes sense. w

My Gon female is my main and I've always liked how that character turned out. She's the 2nd character I ever made in BNS, and as a re-do of my Yun FM, which I felt looked "too full of herself" in the face. I couldn't stand that look so I had to re-make that character, did so as a Gon, and only started to seriously play BNS with her, being about a half-year since NA servers went live.^^;

I love my Jin female WL, and gave her a cute look that doesn't make her look like some typical anime character, which was tough to do. My Lyn female Summoner was made to look like my little sister when she was still a cute toddler.^^

Other than that, I made other characters of other race and gender variations between each of the classes, so I'd have an alternative for each class. This is so that whenever I'd buy a weapon skin bundle, I can claim a skin on each one and none of them has to carry something they can't use. I have a male Jin assassin, but he looks SO ordiary and unimpressive that I MIGHT re-make him at some point... MAYBE. However, even though I once made a male Lyn I thought looked decent, I cannot seem to fool myself into caring to have one. As a WL, and certain other classes, they seemed to exhibit the same cocky look that I disliked with my first Yun character. I remade that WL into my first Jin female, and I'm satisfied with how she turned out. I DID tweak her face a bit with an appearance change ticket, though, because during certain emotes, like with dances, she had a funny looking expression on her face that was a bit of an eyesore. w

Those tickets aren't cheap, so now, I just play with the character creator on a different account, save a look that I feel I'd want to spend a ticket on, then load the new appearance onto that character to finalize it all.

I would like Gon females even MORE if they'd allow us to have a more neutral idle stance like the Jin female's. The whole hand-on-the-hip thing makes it tough to NOT clip through certain armor, and in general, hats in this game seem to mostly be worn at a tilt, which CAN look really dumb, most of the time.

I want to wear my hats straight and normal-like. The tilt implies some type of personality that I might not want to be conveyed with my character's overall image. Like with the "Rough Customer" outfit on females - if I can wear that without having tattoos, it'd look LESS slutty! XD

Most hats worn at a tilt just ruins a lot of outfit possibilities for me, and I wish we had the option to wear them normally, so we don't have to look like smug, Asian Justin Beibers, etc..

I made my Gon male the tallest he could possibly be, by not just setting him toax height, but also by setting all his sliders to max, like his various leg length sliders, elongating his torso, etc. On my character select screen, the upper part of his body is cut off by the top of the screen and you have to zoom in just to see his face. I think he also looks cool, even with all of his sliders set to max. I also remembered the tooltip in-game that says "The bigger the hand, the bigger the weapon", so anything he wields would look ridiculous. XD

I kind of want him to be a gunslinger, though. His business suit outfits and hats give him a mob look, so it would seem fitting. Right now, with just "hand-me-downs" and extras I have in cosmetics, my best look for him is the black jacket with the red shirt and jeans, while wearing the Christmas hat that looks like a black stocking cap with a red ball thingy on the end. The only thing that distracts from his look are his silly KFM weapons... Even the better skins look silly on him.^^;

Please, stop making classes race locked. It doesn't make sense at this point when all the races are living and fighting together. Why would not a Lyn teach a Jin their summoning skills? Or a Yun their force master skills?

Juwol is a Gon blade master, Jiwan and Jinsoyun are Yun blade dancers and Lusung is a Jin force master...

Just let us choose whichever class and race we wanna play. Idc if to some a certain class looks bad on certain race, everyone should be given the option to look whatever the way they wanted to.

I don't like getting forced to play a kid when I'm not fond at all of them and I'm already being forced to play summoner at peak hours 'cause the ping gets awful at that time.

1 hour ago, YuriKat said:

Please, stop making classes race locked. It doesn't make sense at this point when all the races are living and fighting together. Why would not a Lyn teach a Jin their summoning skills? Or a Yun their force master skills?

Juwol is a Gon blade master, Jiwan and Jinsoyun are Yun blade dancers and Lusung is a Jin force master...

Just let us choose whichever class and race we wanna play. Idc if to some a certain class looks bad on certain race, everyone should be given the option to look whatever the way they wanted to.

I don't like getting forced to play a kid when I'm not fond at all of them and I'm already being forced to play summoner at peak hours 'cause the ping gets awful at that time.

I agree with you on the summoner thing. Being forced to play a Lyn (which pretty much looks like a kid, even if the lore says they're adults that just look child-like) really sucks when you want to play a summoner. There's no other race that can be a summoner, so there's no option at all to play a non-Lyn summoner. Similarly, this is how it is with a lot of other classes - you can only play certain races with certain classes, and the whole gender/race lock on classes is such an archaic structure for mmorpgs to even entertain in this day and age. I mean, sure, BNS is an old game, but if you're going to implement NEW ideas into the game, why not get rid of some OLD ideas in the meantime...?

I wanna play a Gon male summoner, as I stated in an earlier post. It's just an option that I would like to have available for whenever I was ready to play a summoner seriously.

6 hours ago, Shunaia said:

I would like Gon females even MORE if they'd allow us to have a more neutral idle stance like the Jin female's. The whole hand-on-the-hip thing makes it tough to NOT clip through certain armor, and in general, hats in this game seem to mostly be worn at a tilt, which CAN look really dumb, most of the time.

I want to wear my hats straight and normal-like. The tilt implies some type of personality that I might not want to be conveyed with my character's overall image. Like with the "Rough Customer" outfit on females - if I can wear that without having tattoos, it'd look LESS slutty! XD

Most hats worn at a tilt just ruins a lot of outfit possibilities for me, and I wish we had the option to wear them normally, so we don't have to look like smug, Asian Justin Beibers, etc..

Pft if it was only the hats, I'd cover it with honey and pretend there's nothing wrong with it. Literally 80% of the wardrobe is consisted of costumes with collars/neckpieces that clip through nearly all hairstyles. That's so annoying. It's like the creators of those only use the shortest haircut there is for characters -.-

That's actually very interesting. The decision to not make Jin capable of being FMs, I mean.

However, my assumption as to why there is no Jin FM is rather simple: Jin is literally the most over populated race in the game. The amount of classes available to Jin is just flat out absurd. Why is it that Gon gets FM (even though there isn't a single Gon FM in the lore) is also rather simple: Gon is extremely underpopulated, especially considering that both Jin and Gon are the only true human races in the game (one just being bigger and stronger, as to compared to a smaller and faster). So I can see the logic behind making FM available to Gons instead of Jin.

(However, this is much different from making Gunslinger available to Yun which goes completely against the established lore of the Yun in game and in cannon, as the lore makes it inconceivable for Yuns to be using the product of nature's enemy.)

Plus, let's be honest here. Jin got a class that wasn't originally designed for them (Soul Fighter). Yes the testing of this class did use a Jin male's model (because the game's default is Jin, Male, Blade Master), however, just by looking at the AI bots in ToI, its very clear that Jin were never intended to have SF as all the NPCs are either Gon or Yun. 

Now do I think that Jin should suddenly get FM? OFC NOT! The race is spoiled enough as it is with all the classes available to it, and is overpopulated enough as it is, we don't need more of these preteen looking guys running around (no but let's be honest here, Jin kinda looks very immature by comparison to Gon and Yun). And by now, the only Jin FMs in the game are a few forgettable NPCs sprinkled about the game's lore, and all of them are male. The only Jin male FM I can remember being that guy from the Namdo clan or whatever, and Mak Sobo. But it could just be another case of Juwol (the Gon BM), and they're just odd Jin/FM.

Either way, we don't need to add another class to Jin. The next class that gets added should be Gon exclusive though, as that race seems extremely underappreciated and is rather overdue for a new class (much like Lyn is, however, not many people are a fan of Lyns in the first place as they're rather annoying to listen to and have some of the most broken classes in the game). 

I'm really happy with you guys.. 

Look, guys, I think that you saw in others games the Mages, right?

Where's the sence do a Gon Force Master? A big man, that bring a Big Axe, is the same that can be a mage. I don't agree with this. 

But now, I'm seeing others thinks too. Would be better if all the races could be all the classes. 

I think that will be better we can choose the class. Jin has a  SF and WL, than why not Summoner and Force Master? The same is apply to the others. Why not Gon BM? 

The story changed so much, I almost sure that open all classes for all races will be very very good. 

Yeah ! Guys, you're understanding me, and I'm very pretty with this.

Come on, we can talk more and more about it, we need others here, given their opinions too. 

NCSoft has to see this too hahaa :3

2 hours ago, MassiveEgo said:

@ARC-1276 Just cause we have a lot of jins won't magically make me like other races just cause they have a class I want to play. Also if Jin is such a craze, that means there's something that makes other races unappealing. They should work on that, instead of race locking out classes.

Like how many classes they have. Think about it, make a Jin and you instantly have all their classic classes and all the new ones that were recently added. That's KFM, BM, Assassin, SF, WL, and now Gunslinger.

Its not just a matter of the race itself because I honestly don't like it as much, but the fact that you get 6 out of the 10 classes just by making a jin is more than enough reason for people to make one. 

@ARC-1276 I'll be honest with you. I'd make characters from all the races with different classes if the models didn't have such broken proportions. I'm a man of almost infinite patience and I've pretty much given up on attempting to make a character to my liking when it comes to Yuns and Gons. They are simply beyond what I consider acceptable for my characters. And since I'm going to look at my character for the entirety of the time that I'll be spending playing the class that's locked to it, I'm simply not going to play that class if it's going to be locked to a race I don't like. Which means that when I get bored by the classes I like and have, I'll simply have to stop playing. That's one player off the servers (plus potential revenue). One player closer to a dead game. Have enough of those and the game dies. So imo it's an important thing to please people when it comes to these things. Afterall the aim of the game is for people to have fun. And half fun is not gonna cut it.

12 hours ago, MassiveEgo said:

Pft if it was only the hats, I'd cover it with honey and pretend there's nothing wrong with it. Literally 80% of the wardrobe is consisted of costumes with collars/neckpieces that clip through nearly all hairstyles. That's so annoying. It's like the creators of those only use the shortest haircut there is for characters -.-

I agree that the clipping thing is annoying, but while it COULD have been created and even eventually fixed by the developers, no game with polygon models in it is completely (100%) without clipping issues. Polygon objects, characters, and topography all have to deal with certain levels of "collision", and if the game was to have meticulous design changes to reduce hair clipping through clothing, even by 99%, it would mean ONE of the long hairstyles you see and know now will look the same. They'd probably look so silly, draping locks and strands over shoulder plates, collars, etc.. It would lose out on all of the "stylized" feel they try to convey with existing assets. This game isn't even a current gen game, and even current gen games have clipping issues. The technology we currently run on the beat PC rigs won't entirely get rid of clipping issues, because the tech doesn't yet exist for developers to design games like that. This is also why we STILL must deal with dumb camera views jumping all over the place, when we rotate the camera view around our characters in indoor areas in video games. You know that dumb platform you have to dash, jump, then glide from to cross the huge gap in Shattered Masts...? If you let the camera change in this manner BEFORE you attempt to fly across that area, you're less likely to mess up your timing and fall. Jump before then, and you'll get this sort of rubber banding like effect when you try to leave the platform, making you screw up your jump, entirely. It's why people die there so often. 

On a side note, I don't care if MOST of the server plays a Jin - what's popular is what's popular, and nothing will change that. If NO classes were race or gender locked at all, it wouldn't matter who played what class on what race or gender. It's not like there's a quota of how many Jin exist anyway. Hehe

On 10/2/2017 at 12:34 AM, MassiveEgo said:

Also +1 for OP's idea.

I agree with the proportions though I would settle for more OPTIONS for proportions. I like the art but but...Jin really are the only ones that are slightly normal. If the would make the sliders...I suppose more versatile, it would help. You could make normal proportions on everyone. I get that Yun are supposed to be Elf like and Gon are supposed to be gigantic buuuut why does that preclude normalized proportions!? Not that I can talk about the every day being leg day thing. No matter what I do my arms are skinny sticks and my legs are like effin Gon legs. *grumbles* THAT ASIDE. I would be more likely to play Gon, too, if I could make their breasts smaller. Even at the smallest size they're still ENORMOUS to me. So I'm stuck with Jin because Yun drive me equally as crazy with their super girly pose. (Just personal, it's fine on other players, just not something I want to play). 

Again though, yes, please, Jin FM. Maybe Lyn assassin? That'd be kind of adorable and they're so small, even at their tallest, no one would ever see them coming even if they were the clumsiest assassins ever. 

If they fixed fem Gon and Yun iddle poses more people would play them. It makes their body look worse and broken.

For the Gon is the upper part mostly, with their left arm dislocated and even clipping into their ribcage.

Then that same hand on the hip, with some clothes it looks like it's floating, with others it clips.

And also, the super exaggerated bent back, making it look like it's almost broken. When you're looking at them from the back, she looks like she has a giant butt, lol.

The Yun problem is... the whole thing.

First, their arms clip a bit into her ribcage, this part can be kinda fixed by making their shoulders broader but it doesn't totally fix it.

Then their torso is twisted in a pretty unnatural way, making it very hard to give it normal proportions and not look broken.

And last, there is the legs... that look broken 'cause the feet do not point in the same direction their knees do. Their knees point in, their feet out. You can clearly see that their legs have been made pointing inwards 'cause of how the muscles were made, basically sticking out, like when you put your knees together. Their poor ankles are broken badly.

It's sad that Yuns having feminine and pretty legs are totally ruined by the pose.

Jins, on the other hand, have this pretty natural and relaxed iddle pose, making it ideal to customize and appreciate the true looks of your character.

Archived