Are we ever going to get a 2nd PVE choice for the weekly reward?

BirdSpirit

10 hours ago, Sempra said:

This makes my day! 

Explain me why its unfair that another Player make more "Burst dps" then you? 

If you want to be on the top of every dps meter, run it solo or search for low members xD

MasterHint: if the dps meter make you sad.. Deactivate it!!!!! 

/facepalm

Do you think I have mind control powers to prevent whales from being a-holes in F8? Do you think I'd give a single crap about dps meter if people simply shut their mouths instead of making comments like "hey look at that stupid noob with the XX dps" or "you're HMxx and only have XX AP, what a f-cking noob"? Do you know what "showing off" means? It means to make yourself feel good that you spent $5k USD on an MMO just so you have the privilege of talking down on other people. Blame this game's toxic and elitist community. If whales actually DIDN'T act like assholes to newer players or casual players most of the time, then we wouldn't have this problem.

Btw, I'm not even a lowbie since my main is nearing 950AP. I'm speaking for those people who are getting talked down upon by the trashy whales.

Also do you think it's fair that whales easily get to do 300k dps, while non-whales struggle with 60k? Stats are exponential in this game. You don't just gain 10% more firepower if you upgrade your gear by 10%, you get 100% more damage. And that 10% is pretty much completely off-limits to non-whales. That's what I meant by "unfair", though "unbalanced" might be a better word.

6v6 wasn't so bad november last year, which was when bale 6 was max. Each fight was long if both sides had pvp shield. It wasn't a 1 shot fest. Big spender only had bale 6, they couldn't 1 shot you if yiu have some crit def. You could actually stand your ground.

But then it got broken (just a bit) with the introduction of true soul. I say a bit since not many could afford it so you didn't meet those who had them too much.

Then came the real gamebreaker: Raven weapon and the elemental accessories... Elemental damage just straight up bypasses defense and crit defense. That, with the arrival of further soul tiers (cosmic, etc..), just keeps breaking the mode even further.

Nowadays it's pretty easy to farm oils for soul. This event alone gives you about at least 30 oils if you do it on all 10 characters - that is if you have 10 and have the time/patience for it. There are more and more raven users running around as well.

Since the next tier weapon (aransu) isn't that big of a jump in damage from raven compared to how big the difference is between bale/se and raven. So, with time, I think the general population shall progess to the point that a lot more than now shall have raven and at least awakened soul, and 6v6 will kinda sort itself out (maybe not too much, but better than current state)...

As for having long fight like before? Nah, I think that's gone for good. 1 shot fest is the way now. It shall stay here forever.

32 minutes ago, Melodia said:

/facepalm

Do you think I have mind control powers to prevent whales from being a-holes in F8? Do you think I'd give a single crap about dps meter if people simply shut their mouths instead of making comments like "hey look at that stupid noob with the XX dps" or "you're HMxx and only have XX AP, what a f-cking noob"? Do you know what "showing off" means? It means to make yourself feel good that you spent $5k USD on an MMO just so you have the privilege of talking down on other people. Blame this game's toxic and elitist community. If whales actually DIDN'T act like assholes to newer players or casual players most of the time, then we wouldn't have this problem.

Also do you think it's fair that whales easily get to do 300k dps, while non-whales struggle with 60k? Stats are exponential in this game. You don't just gain 10% more firepower if you upgrade your gear by 10%, you get 100% more damage. And that 10% is pretty much completely off-limits to non-whales. That's what I meant by "unfair", though "unbalanced" might be a better word.

It depends on what kind of gears you upgraded to. For example, there are big jump in damage between baleful/seraph stage 12 and raven stage 1, between stage 10 soul and true/awaken hongmoon soul, between normal legendary accessories and BT/VT legendary accessories.

Some people are just a-holes in nature. It doesn't matter if they are whales or new players. I have seen a 700AP player with 90k hp without any pvp shields in a BG match yelling his own teammates why they were just afk and not trying to win when versus a team of raven/transcendent gear players. I have also seen a 1200+ AP player with full gears yelling his own teammates why they suck so much (but in fact he only deals 3rd top damage in the match). 

This does not only happen in BG matches. I have seen ton in raiding too when the players who have done BT/VT several times already were yelling at the new players who just joined the raid because they failed/screwed up the mech couple times. I have also seen an old experienced player yelling at discord on why the person died to a simple mech, but when he himself actually died with the same mech, he just said "reset" and laughed.

In general, this game is just too toxic in nature whether it is in forum or in game. All we can do is just blocking/ignoring them and try to get away from them.

18 minutes ago, Rysa said:

Yes, I've never ever cleared a weekly challenge because NCSoft wants to force PvP down my throat. That's not going to happen. Zaiwei Ruins or Twisted Grimhorn Wilds could be good replacements.

These 2 dungeons are out-dated. Many people can easily solo them. 

So, if they have to add PVE dungeons, it will be either BT or VT because you are locked for a week once you killed a boss in there. Well...VT is hard because it is new content and is gear dependent. However, killing last boss raven king in BT should be suitable to be treated as weekly challenge (with a group of 900+, it should be easy if they all know the mech) because it's been nerfed already.

Since BB, Zaiwei and Grimhorn Wilds are out of date, we could just have a quest where you complete MSP stage 3 like 5 times. If you do the daily challenge every day, you already get the completion a couple times, so a few more during your own leisure wouldn't be bad.  Or like it could be doing MSP Stage 5 or 6 once.

18 minutes ago, Cyan said:

Hey everyone, in a future update we've increased the available options for the weekly reward from 3 to 4, which includes another PvE option.

I guess the upcoming patch will feature the final boss of Temple raid (a.k.a Zulia), as well as a DKV2.0 raid (a.k.a Fallen School of Aransu).

Two more week to ignore weekly challenges before October 18 update.

Funny that you mention that @Melodia......I do not consider myself a whale but I guess others think so since I made a gunner and took to 900AP....What did the group call me...."another wallet commando that knows nothing about the class".....I did not answer to the ignorant statement, but I think animosity exists on both ends. I usually use LFP as it seems that many set groups are very critical of what you do. I do not focus on my DPS or how much damage others do...I just play the game to have a good time. Granted I level my gunner fast so could play all the dungeons as that is how the community is now after merger. Prior to merger I used to be able to take my FM into Xanos with 850AP but now the minimum requirement is 900-950 if you ask me is the community that set the rules. I do not say much in the run but in many cases I just "tyfp". and leave it at that. As I look to the game as a space from many of the same things I see. What to take out of this post....don't concern yourself with the toxic environment you sometimes come across in the game.....just have a good time. 

5 hours ago, Cyan said:

Hey everyone, in a future update we've increased the available options for the weekly reward from 3 to 4, which includes another PvE option.

I'd highly appreciate if that comes as soon as possible, I gave up on 6vs6 a while ago and therefore also on weekly challenge.

But ever since I stopped doing any PvP related stuff in this game I've been having a lot more fun and not getting frustrated anymore, even though I do have considerably good gear. Forcing us to do PvP is killing the fun for everyone that doesn't enjoy it (like me) or just doesn't have the gear to keep up with that 1 shot festival it became recently.

On 10/3/2017 at 1:45 AM, newbiez said:

i wonder if they make 6v6 system same like arena...pretty much those whale will rage =/

All the pets and weapons i invested.. :x  On the other hand it could make open world battle more intense. With whales showcasing their ascendant. Pleb farmers will suffer alot except they upgrade their stuff.

--------

Anyway we will get Aransu school soon. so I expect it would make it to weekly challenge.

22 hours ago, JoannaRamira said:

All the pets and weapons i invested.. :x  On the other hand it could make open world battle more intense. With whales showcasing their ascendant. Pleb farmers will suffer alot except they upgrade their stuff.

--------

Anyway we will get Aransu school soon. so I expect it would make it to weekly challenge.

open world battle pvp long gone since i see less ppl make faction daily quest now...even ssp is deserted not to mention misty wood

On 10/8/2017 at 3:09 AM, newbiez said:

open world battle pvp long gone since i see less ppl make faction daily quest now...even ssp is deserted not to mention misty wood

Perhaps you're not in prime time. In my server and my online time im still see some PVP open world in SSP's.  Though i'd rather call it terrorism instead of pvp.

On 10/13/2017 at 4:27 PM, JoannaRamira said:

Perhaps you're not in prime time. In my server and my online time im still see some PVP open world in SSP's.  Though i'd rather call it terrorism instead of pvp.

what server u play and region?

Archived