Are we still expected to grind necropolis/sogun/gloom/masts for the skill items?

Melodia

Even with the recent trove prices didn't drop enough to make it worth buying 1kgold for a skill doesn't really worth it

It would be nice if there was a way to farm skill books like achievement merchant or perhaps buy it with alot of peaches?

I agree with the original post.

The drop rate for Asura Ember, Offals and other Skill Books is too low... I've been around this game most likely  since launch and I have ran a lot of times all mentioned dungeons and I can asure you that I can count with one hand the amount of Skill items that have dropped in my group.

Shoguns 1 Ember in over 650 runs across my alts and main

Necro  2 books in over 350 runs

Avalanche den 2 books in over... a lot in all my alts and main

Nexus 1 book in over 300 runs across my alts and main

Shattered mats 2 offal in about 250 runs

Gloom 2 offals over 250 runs

Is fine for this item to be rare drops but they are most likely "imposible drops" than rare.

Hi All.

I brought same bucket's  for you's, seeing there So much crying going on here. As player myself i don't even care to be the best of the best i just play the game as is. So for those who want to be THE BEST of THE BEST, It's your problem not ncsoft. They did't say go and grind or farm or do what every you's are doing.

They made a game. Me on the other hand, is enjoying the game, I finale got my last 2 char slot, once's i'am done lvl those up. Then i'am done. No point wast time trying to be the best of the best. And all i see everyday is players crying over nothing, you other play the game or leave. Don't need to cry that you can't get this or that because it's expense or get from dungeon.

Even if those dungeon are old, It's for players to get there weapons and so on. Because players don't like under geared  players or like to carry them. And yes players cry about that too. It's so funny.

Anyway have a nice day.

1 hour ago, Napper said:

Hi All.

I brought same bucket's  for you's, seeing there So much crying going on here. As player myself i don't even care to be the best of the best i just play the game as is. So for those who want to be THE BEST of THE BEST, It's your problem not ncsoft. They did't say go and grind or farm or do what every you's are doing.

They made a game. Me on the other hand, is enjoying the game, I finale got my last 2 char slot, once's i'am done lvl those up. Then i'am done. No point wast time trying to be the best of the best. And all i see everyday is players crying over nothing, you other play the game or leave. Don't need to cry that you can't get this or that because it's expense or get from dungeon.

Even if those dungeon are old, It's for players to get there weapons and so on. Because players don't like under geared  players or like to carry them. And yes players cry about that too. It's so funny.

Anyway have a nice day.

Did you even read the original post or simply skim?

People are posting about the extremely low drop rate of key items in order for their character to be useful in said dungeons. Many of the items are required for skills that are needed for end game content. The dungeons that these items drop from are old, long and tedious and with the removal of the hard mode and the combination of the loot tables from 6 and 4 man it has made the drop rates of the rare items almost zero. 

3 hours ago, Napper said:

Hi All.

Anyway have a nice day.

How about not wasting buckets here. I don't see a single rational argument in your text, that's being a contribution to the discussion of this topic. Furthermore you don't take the concerns of the people serious. We are criticizing the developers here, as a part of constructive feedback. They may have developed the game the way they imagined, but that doesn't necessarily mean that everything in this game works as they intended to be, We just point out, with arguments, what should/could be revised in our opinion to generate a better gaming experience for the majority of the players.

Back to topic:

In my opinion HM-skills should be easier accessable, as they are at the moment. Other people brought up some good points so far, which i would like to complement:

HM-skills have been in the game for a long time now, but still people have to pay more for them, than for items from the more recent content (like many, but not all, of the legendary accessories for example). For most of the classes at least one or two HM-skills are game changers in pve (aswell they exist for pvp too), which shouldn't be locked in the way they are now. The combination of outdated content and low droprates breaks the system, in my opinion, shown by the sales at the marketplace.

As for pve there are multiple solutions like:

- raise the droprate of hm-skill items in the old dungeons

- implement tookens in the old dungeons like they exist for the legendary accessories to exchange them at the dragon express

- implement hm-skill items to the actual big 6

- make all hm-skills available at the achievement vendor

The most important and demanding thing for the developers of every solution is, to still keep a balance.

- Increasing the drop rates to an exaggerated level shouldn't happen

- needing 200 tookens for a hongmoon skill, while gaining 1 in a run shouldn't happen (keep it less, but still a little work)

- etc.

For the pvp part:

- lesser the amount of beans and battlepoints you need for the hm skills, i just don't understand why the developers are ruining their own effort to balance the arena by inbalancing it due the lack of hm skills of the competitors

- make all hm skills accessable in 1vs1 and 3vs3

I'm fine with the dungeons, this way even new players have a chance to get them, but i also understand old players are tired of those dungeons and add those drop to current endgame is not a crazy request at all as long as they don't remove it from old content.

Of course i totally agree with the point of the drop rate, i'm a grinder from FFXI where kill 500+ mobs to get a trigger for a boss with a 3% drop rate of the item you want was not rare but here is just insane, not to mention even if it drops you have to compite with other 5 guys for it and to make it even worse the people that already have it will bid anyway to sell it in the market. So is not just see it on the loot, maybe you have to see 10 or 20 go away before can get yours or will end biding more than they cost in F5...

In my opinion a "token" option should be the best fix for it even if takes you few weeks for each skill.

Hi again all.

Still see players crying. As most said i went off topic. So i went did some research  and found out that Melodia INfo is outdated. I found a website with new info https://www.bns.academy/english/hongmoon-abilities/. plus if you press i and go to dragon express and go to prem tab all of the hm skill books are there and more or less tells you where to get those volumes.

So it's the players faulty for farming the wrong dungeons for the skill books.

So here a short list where to get them.

Hm skill volume 1 = Achievement merchant

Hm skill volume 2 = chapter 1 = Avalanche den

= chapter 2 = Awakened Necropdis

Hm skill volume 3 = Chapter 1 = Sundered Nexus

= Chapter 2 = Kanhcha in mushin tower of 50 Nakun tokens.

Hm skill Volume 4 = Naryu Foundry

Those are the places to get your hm skill books. And i know you are all so crying about the drop rate. As i said before it's just a game.  But before crying just get the right info.

That's what i did. And yes some of them are old dungeons.

I hope this help you all.

3 hours ago, Napper said:

Hi again all.

Still see players crying. As most said i went off topic. So i went did some research  and found out that Melodia INfo is outdated. I found a website with new info https://www.bns.academy/english/hongmoon-abilities/. plus if you press i and go to dragon express and go to prem tab all of the hm skill books are there and more or less tells you where to get those volumes.

Those are the places to get your hm skill books. And i know you are all so crying about the drop rate. As i said before it's just a game.  But before crying just get the right info.

I am not sure what's worst, your English or your general idea of "crying"

Either way no one asked in the thread HOW to obtain the skill books

If you don't care as you said you can kindly leave the thread so ppl with constructive criticism/ideas can post their opinion about the matter

7 hours ago, Napper said:

Hi again all.

So tell me then, how long are people supposed to 'play' the game before finally bringing it up to NCsoft's attention that the drop rates might need to be looked at? 

Sogun was released some time in April 2016, 1 1/2 years ago.. I personally can tell you in that year and a half since the dungeons release I have seen 1... 1 asura ember drop. that was two months ago.

These dungeons have been out for over a year and a good portion of the population of the game have never once seen the skill book or ember/ orfal drop. I have played since day one launch pretty much every day and I have seen only one asura ember drop.. no books, no orfal.. 

So tell me How long must people 'play this game' before they see something that is mandatory for end game before they are allowed to 'cry' on the forums. I think a year and a half is plenty long. 

On 10/7/2017 at 10:36 AM, Rysa said:

HM skills items' drop rates are abysmal and appalling, nearly impossible to get and yet so vital for overall progression. They need to be made available more easily, enough of this garbage book/offals system.

If you really dont want to grind for them buy a duelist pack use the tokens to buy the books you need from dragon express and you are done. Simple enough

its not like ppl dont want to grind for that stuff...they grind for it  but the rate is horrible...did u see the screenshot? a guy run numerous time for it but the chance to get that stuff is seriously low...and now u said need real cash aka ncoin for hm skills? seriously now?

3 hours ago, yunxianxiao said:

They solved this problem by selling the bundle in F10.

Sadly it's not a real solution, as you can buy the bundle only two times per account. I've got 10 characters, so where is the solution for the other 8?

I don't have any problems with giving the players the possibility to buy a bundle for every character. But it should also be possible to gain these things in a foreseeable period of time via pve.

why dont simply eliminate hm skills from the game? and we start with the enhanced version of the skills... Many classes need one or 2 crucial hm skills (sin needs the ember so badly so as wl, blade dancer the offals... and so on). And playing with or without a skill it's a different world... i mean playing without hm block as a bm it is difficult, as a sin you will suffer from chi starvation without ember, as a bd you won't have the damage potential without the offals... I mean i want to get to lvl 50 hm1 and use my skills to their full potential cause it takes a lot of gold (only 500g for ember and 600 for offals) or real money (30€ to get the 2 duelist bundle) to get all skills and as a fresh lvl 50  you want to be focusing on upgrading your weapon and getting accesories... i like the option of getting them by achievement but also that could take for ages... if you have multiple chars and want to get all their core skills you wont be sleeping much... if they implemen the achievements count for all chars it woul be awesome (i think wow does it, no?).

so wrapping up: eliminate hm skills or put anothwe way to get them (through achievements) or increase the damn droprate (ive been playing since the game started and didnt see any hm skill drop, well once i saw one inferno book from bsh back in the day)...

On 2017/10/9 at 12:10 AM, Nemises said:

Sadly it's not a real solution, as you can buy the bundle only two times per account. I've got 10 characters, so where is the solution for the other 8?

I don't have any problems with giving the players the possibility to buy a bundle for every character. But it should also be possible to gain these things in a foreseeable period of time via pve.

Well, I'm pretty sure they will let you buy the bundle next time, you just have to wait untill then.

19 hours ago, yunxianxiao said:

Well, I'm pretty sure they will let you buy the bundle next time, you just have to wait untill then.

lmao yeah no. It's atrocious when you use the cash shop to band-aid poor game design. This is the criticism here.

the only resonable way to get ur hm skills are with the nc coins bundle.And ppl keep sayng this game is not p2w hahaha

there is absolutly no way for new people to play the game competitive without putting money into the game

Archived