Are we still expected to grind necropolis/sogun/gloom/masts for the skill items?

Melodia

These places are out of date for like a YEAR now. Why in the world do skill items only drop from outdated dungeons? What is the POINT? Why not make them actually relevant and drop from places where people actually RUN? What's next, making void fragments only drop from BSH? It was somewhat bearable... like a year ago when people were actually running these places. This is not to mention the items have like a 0.01% drop rate. I've run:

• Sogun at least 100 times, 0 ember
  • Necro at least 100 times, maybe 1 book dropped... like 6 months ago
  • Gloom at least 100 times, 0 offal
  • Masts at least 200 times, 0 offal

It's completely appalling, like they completely forgot about these PvE skills, and made it so the only way you can get it is to win like 500 PvP matches, wtf? Or did they expect players to have the patience to run these places 200 times? Btw, there are ZERO volume 2 books for sale on marketplace right now, that speaks for how impossible it is to get it in PvE. The other items are all also extremely expensive. Ember is 500g in NA, while the offals are all 300g+ each.

It's not impossible, I have seen 2 drops in 2 weeks  and I do it once a day.

There is none at market because the demand is high with all gunners around, btw there are plenty of ppl doing it everyday, new and old ones. If you dont like it you can go the pvp way or buy when it hits the market.

11 hours ago, caioc2 said:

There is none at market because the demand is high with all gunners around, btw there are plenty of ppl doing it everyday, new and old ones. If you dont like it you can go the pvp way or buy when it hits the market.

The demand is not high because the supply is nonexistent, there's like ONE daily sale of this item in NA server. Also, it used to be like what, 150g? Now it's 500g even if you manage to see it in F5. Why? Because precisely no one bothers with this boring + redundant dungeon.

1 hour ago, Malign said:

grind other dgs and buy it lol. Why would you grind that cancer?

Did you read at all? Because supply is nonexistent. Unless you happen to be online at the precise minute it was listed for sale don't even think about buying it, in NA server. I haven't seen this item listed in F5 for the last few months.

The more important point is that having to grind completely outdated and redundant content for mandatory items is just f-cking retarded. Why can't the big 6 drop asura ember + skill books?

1 hour ago, Melodia said:

Did you read at all? Because supply is nonexistent. Unless you happen to be online at the precise minute it was listed for sale don't even think about buying it, in NA server. I haven't seen this item listed in F5 for the last few months.

The more important point is that having to grind completely outdated and redundant content for mandatory items is just f-cking retarded. Why can't the big 6 drop asura ember + skill books?

I see them occasionally. Maybe you're just unlucky?

putting asura ember/skill books/offals in achivement merch would do good, since you still need to get achivement points and you can work for them without doing boring dungeons and less rewarding ones.

this would force people to do dungeons more and more to the point where they would have their 3k or 2k achivement points for their skills from achivement merch, I don't see the point on having over 1.6k achivement points so might aswell use that.

On 10/1/2017 at 1:42 PM, Malign said:

I see them occasionally. Maybe you're just unlucky?

Here's the "occasional" book in NA server. Lol.

7oT6H0m.png

I don't think an explanation of how stupid this is needed, the price tells everything.

12 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

run hard mode of thos edungeons and get a drop.

Seen 3 drops of the skill items in the past week so your just unlucky. and prices are high because of all the gunners.

Sogun, Gloom, Masts, and Necro don't have hard modes.

On 01/10/2017 at 3:31 AM, caioc2 said:

4 hours ago, Grimoir said:

run hard mode of thos edungeons and get a drop.

Seen 3 drops of the skill items in the past week so your just unlucky. and prices are high because of all the gunners.

Just LOLOLOLOLOLOL what this ppl do only to defend your precious LOLOLOLOL

simple they want you to buy in F10

2 hours ago, Ganymeda said:

Rofl that awkward moment when you bullshitting just to prove someone wrong but your bullshit is not even possible.As dark falz said hard mode doesnt exist on those dungeons

Btw its funny that the most reliable way of getting almost everything related to pve is doing pvp

Poor you learn to identify sarcasm for the first part.

second part is actually true, i only do those doing my dailies and had 3 drops.

8 hours ago, Malign said:

I never said it was cheap O-O?

There's a big difference between cheap, expensive, and stupidly high. Cheap is when they were 100-150g. Expensive but tolerable is something like 300-400g. Stupidly f-cked is when it's 1000g due to NCW completely forgetting about these things and left them in redundant outdated content. Does 1000g sound like the type of price non-whales should pay for a mandatory skill?

I think anyone with a brain will agree it's completely retarded to have skill books drop only from obsolete content in any MMO. Does NCW gain any $$$ from us wasting time and running outdated content that can be done with 500AP? NO. Is it fun for players? NO. So what's the point? Simply because NCW doesn't give a f-ck, too lazy to make any changes, or simply enjoys pissing off players.

2 hours ago, Grimoir said:

Poor you learn to identify sarcasm for the first part.

second part is actually true, i only do those doing my dailies and had 3 drops.

Sarcasm and RNG bad luck nice try but poor excuse.

1week 3drops you so special RNG love you so much.

Can you see the sarcam?

Yeah... Over 700 runs in total and all I've seen was like 2 offals from Gloom and 1 or 2 pages from Necropolis?
The only ember I've seen and got was when I upgraded my fish to stage 8, still haven't got offals and we keep NOT getting any offal event.
CIfsZMq.png

Still that female avatar? Shame...

I've been playing since launch, and the drop rate of offals and books is almost non existant since the removal of 4 man dungeons. I don't understand how they want players to start liking pvp without a chance to get their HM skills first. Plus, many players in this game don't like pvp anyway, and they like even less to be forced to do it if they want to have their skills. 

Dang books still drop from dungeons? lol. Got all mine about a year and a half before I quit, thought they were done with it now. Remember getting the most expensive one from treasure trove (BD) right before I quit, sold it for 150g. Was huge profit.

7 hours ago, Rea Shinwa said:

I've been playing since launch, and the drop rate of offals and books is almost non existant since the removal of 4 man dungeons. 

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that all I've mentioned was during last year. I did NOT see ANY skill item from these 4 dungeons during this year. However, I've got 2 pages from Nexus in like 5 runs :|

HM skills items' drop rates are abysmal and appalling, nearly impossible to get and yet so vital for overall progression. They need to be made available more easily, enough of this garbage book/offals system.

Archived