Greatly decreased drop rate of weapon boxes

Melodia

30 lair runs on gunner - 1 box, 1 pistol dropped (some whale bidded 80g for it, lol)

10 gloomshit runs (about as painful as getting skinned alive, I swear this is what MMO bots were invented for) - 0 box, 0 pistols

10 DT runs - 0 box, 0 pistols

10 EC runs - 0 box, 0 pistols

10 masts runs - 0 box, 0 pistols

10 sogun runs - 0 box but I must've hit the frickin jackpot cause pistols actually dropped, gotta be like once in a blue moon

I'm almost 100% certain they lowered drop rate of weapon boxes to something like <10%, what else am I supposed to think from those numbers? Yeah it's great brilliant keys are much cheaper to get now, but wtf does that help if you can't even get the damn weapon box to drop? How are new gunners supposed to grind basin for the 50k points for those weapon boxes, with only like 750AP? A lowbie grinding CB is hardly any faster than grinding dungeons, because thanks to retarded repeatables like "kill 12 600k HP enemies for 120 peaches", you might be lucky to only get 2k points per hour.

Completly agree, I even crafted Brilliant Keys to then find out boxes never drop. I don't understand why weapon chests don't just simply drop from the final boss.

Right now there's no difference between having Brilliant Keys or not since I still have to do the same boring dungeons over and over again hoping the weapon boxes drop.

There MAY be a valid reason. I agree the weapon box rates look reduced from before BUT I think the reason is because weapons from them are meant to be TRADABLE. The problem is only the GUNSLINGER weapons are tradable from the box but the rest are still untradable. Possible bug maybe?

I'm glad someone else posted something about this atrocious drop rate, because I don't wanna be stage 1 forever, I can go stage 7 after I get this weapon, but because I can't get it, I might end up having raven accessories before I even get past stage 1 which is ridiculous.

And Celestial Basin takes way too long to get peaches even with bonuses.  

Why can't there be an alternative path to upgrade using tormented pistols, because I have 5 currently after 17 runs in lair, and the tormented path is currently null because of the weapon upgrade change AGAIN.

Also I've never grinded so hard in my life for just on item in this EVER. I understand you want people to play more, but I doubt anyone casual would stay trying to main a Gunslinger, because it's not possible with this drop rate for one weapon. Please make an update to change this.

3 hours ago, DeCeption1 said:

I'm glad someone else posted something about this atrocious drop rate, because I don't wanna be stage 1 forever, I can go stage 7 after I get this weapon, but because I can't get it, I might end up having raven accessories before I even get past stage 1 which is ridiculous.

And Celestial Basin takes way too long to get peaches even with bonuses.  

Why can't there be an alternative path to upgrade using tormented pistols, because I have 5 currently after 17 runs in lair, and the tormented path is currently null because of the weapon upgrade change AGAIN.

Also I've never grinded so hard in my life for just on item in this EVER. I understand you want people to play more, but I doubt anyone casual would stay trying to main a Gunslinger, because it's not possible with this drop rate for one weapon. Please make an update to change this.

Exactly, why do tormented weapon boxes even drop?? To decrease chance of getting python weapon box of course. I've got like 3-4 tormented boxes but only 1 python box.

Yeah....I've been farming gloom for several days now for my ebony weapon.  Only ever seen razors and staves drop if a weapon ever DOES drop.  Got 1 weapon box at the start, which I didn't use a brilliant key on, since I was unaware they were so freaking rare...also got a razor.  It's just stupid.  Been unable to upgrade my baleful 4 for going on 6 days now since I can't find an ebony weapon.

What's even more retarded is that not even HARD MODE drops these damn weapon boxes after the patch. I've been farming ECHM and have not seen a SINGLE weapon box drop so far, WTF? Before the gunner patch hard mode was dropping weapon boxes like candy, even though it's kind of stupid to have only hard mode drop weapons in the first place. Why in the world would you need the weapon if you're already geared enough to do hard mode?? Does NCW really think people doing DTHM/NFHM/NSHM need the damn weapons? Weapons + shields should drop from normal mode where people actually NEED it.

Next time you look at someone with a low level weapon, blame the f-cking game for making weapon boxes completely nonexistent, it's probably not the player's fault. They could have enough money to get it to baleful 12, but thanks to this they might be stuck at stage 5 or something.

On 10/1/2017 at 4:48 AM, LalaLiao said:

Hrhrhr beginner boxes are the easy ones.
Wait till you reach celestial basin.

I need to farm syrok weapon box.

After 60 Bosses   no weapon box .

Also mechanizer weapon, many runs never saw this box.

So you can't buy those from celestial basin?

Yeah...drop rate sucks. It kinda makes me lose interest in game. Simply because the fact that even starting upgrade weapons are hard to get. You guys give everyone free legendaries but..,make everyone suffer even at low stages. Also tradable weapons? Why? Why you can't sell it on market? And only gunner weapons. That's dumbest thing ever. You guys are just killing game. You force people to play only gunners cause tradable weapons. But...I see you love scammers. How can I be sure that seller would sell me a weapon instead of running away with money. I dont trust such system. Market is much trustworthy and I dont get it...what's so bad to let weapons and weapon boxes be on market? No one will do dungeons? Wrong. Weapons aren't only reason for doing them. Quest,events, daily challenges are. Also buying in example Mechanizer weapon... It probably would cost few hundred or few thousand gold. Its hard for new player to get that kind of money. And if its for alt. Then that person possibly done that dungeon so much that he/she is sick from it. 

What's bad with game is...it totally discourages people from creating alts. It has one of best looking character models in any MMO but...its completely against alts. Gaining hongmoon levels is slow. Gearing is slow too. Now with retarded box drop rate its even worse...

1 hour ago, YunoGasaiYandere said:

So you can't buy those from celestial basin?

Nope.  Syrok weapon and Mechanizer weapon are the only 2 weapons you can't buy with peaches.

I understand the frustration with the weapon drops.  I got lucky with Syrok weapon and got it while I was farming peaches for ujara weapon and my mystic badge but it took me 25 IF runs to finally get a Mechanizer weapon chest and never saw the pistols drop.

7 hours ago, Dark Falz said:

Nope.  Syrok weapon and Mechanizer weapon are the only 2 weapons you can't buy with peaches.

I understand the frustration with the weapon drops.  I got lucky with Syrok weapon and got it while I was farming peaches for ujara weapon and my mystic badge but it took me 25 IF runs to finally get a Mechanizer weapon chest and never saw the pistols drop.

Damn...sounds painful. But if I decide to go raven path then I won't need to farm those guns?

12 hours ago, DirectorTseng said:

If you go stage 12 bale - stage 3 raven you only need up to NS weapon. 

While this is true you do save between 1k and 2k gold going stage 6 dawn/rift to stage 6 raven.  Just a matter of weighing if you want to grind more for gold or grind more for weapons.  If you already have gold or a deep wallet going raven earlier would be quicker.

12 hours ago, Dark Falz said:

While this is true you do save between 1k and 2k gold going stage 6 dawn/rift to stage 6 raven.  Just a matter of weighing if you want to grind more for gold or grind more for weapons.  If you already have gold or a deep wallet going raven earlier would be quicker.

Actually it looks like they changed the raven line, cause i could have sworn soul stone crystals were required for raven.. but now it's only psts, LE, MSc, and EC. the 120 EC is going to be a pain but really it doesn't look like it's that much more now considering rift is 1 less psts, but lots of soul stone crystals, the moonstones cry, EC and void fragments. 

51 minutes ago, DirectorTseng said:

Actually it looks like they changed the raven line, cause i could have sworn soul stone crystals were required for raven.. but now it's only psts, LE, MSc, and EC. the 120 EC is going to be a pain but really it doesn't look like it's that much more now considering rift is 1 less psts, but lots of soul stone crystals, the moonstones cry, EC and void fragments. 

It's mostly the premium stones and the Elysian Crystals.  You need 2 less premium stones and 240 less Elysian Crystals going ryftwalk/dawnforge.  While you do still need more soulstones and a little more moonstones their prices are a LOT cheaper than the Elysian Crystals.

2 minutes ago, Dark Falz said:

It's mostly the premium stones and the Elysian Crystals.  You need 2 less premium stones and 240 less Elysian Crystals going ryftwalk/dawnforge.  While you do still need more soulstones and a little more moonstones their prices are a LOT cheaper than the Elysian Crystals.

The void fragments as well, and now that they are needed for soul upgrades people are bidding a lot more on them. Raven i can see being a line that if you aren't in a rush to get a 6 to go through. I think it took me a week to get all the EC to go from bale 12 to raven. 

Archived