A way around region transfers

Faline

I have been messaging support, asking if it is possible to move a character from NA to EU. And seeing as this isn't possible it seems...I thought of a work around that could work. Seeing as the actual issue is the character ID. And the fact that the two regions are not connected. The characer ID could be shared by someone else on another region right? hence why they dont seem to make it possible to region transfer. My work around is this...

A condition of this is having a character of the same class/race/level (as in lvl 50) or something. And what they could just do is in fact generate the items or mats for that new character...which I know is possible! they can generate anything in game - when you accidentally trash an item, they generate a new one to replace it right? - so why can they not do this? you make a lvl 50 character and they generate the matching gear to the one on another region, and then the items they have replicated get removed completely from the original character on the region you wanted to move from...or the character is deleted. With this..you do not gain anything you havent already earned. And people would be able to then finally move regions. I was told to make a form post about this..I doubt it will change anything at all. But I envy games where such things as region transfers are possible..and it isnt here, lets face it, people make mistakes, I did not know when I first started playing on NA that it would actually bug me so much. I only played it becasue I had friends from another game on NA and wanted to play with them, and now im too heavily invested in this particular character to just ditch it and start over...the thought of it gives me a migraine. 

• NCSOFT

Hi there! A region transfer would be a nice service to have, but currently it isn't possible for us even in a manual way like you have suggested. Characters have a lot more than items, such as experience, achievements, crafting guilds, and so on. This would make it very difficult to create a character on another region. Thank you for posting here, it is good to see suggestions from the community like this!

Cheers!

i think it is possible for u guys, I know you have some editing tools and stuffs to do it.

If someone wants to transfer NA->to EU, why not just recreate their items or gears.

Achievements, exp's, crafting guild wont matter anymore, as long as they have their items, gears and etc. (for me)

8 hours ago, Cyan said:

Hi there! A region transfer would be a nice service to have, but currently it isn't possible for us even in a manual way like you have suggested. Characters have a lot more than items, such as experience, achievements, crafting guilds, and so on. This would make it very difficult to create a character on another region. Thank you for posting here, it is good to see suggestions from the community like this!

Cheers!

Wish that was possible too :(,  Tbh, All that matters on Region Transfer is Items and Level. As for Level - lets say (Example) EU > NA. Lvl 50 HM 15 - a GM could level a character manually Or Player will have to finish story line and level character on their own. that way you unlock achivements of story mode. By Default you end up HM 7 or 8. We could recieve Extra Exp charms to level to HM 15. - HM 15 just an example. Would depend on the HM level of the character that is beeing transfered. As for Achivements, The only Achivements would really be needed are the HM skills. which can be added by giving character HM chapters.and books. All rest Achivements,Titles,Crafting Guilds, Can be achivied again. Not big deal. 

Personally I would be more then happy getting only items transfered. Which would save huge then starting all from 0 ^^ 

As pvp player it might also ocasionally nice to be able to transfer a char, though only hm skills and max lvl really matter rest is meh. Imo would be cool if we could sacrifice a max hm skill char for a lvl 50 char voucher + skills and be able to transfer that voucher to na.

Though, i think that wont happen anytime soon, especially the transfer part. I know if i would suddenly go to na and be able to play the game. Id probably instantly cash shop insta 50 and hm skills for like 65€ without giving it much thought.

The other thing would be AMAZING too though. Not only to reroll chars, but you could also technically derank that way. But there should be some 1 week (at least) cd on that, or people are gonna roll around chars like nothing and all top players are gonna do is take all the rating and then disappear and take moar rating. Probably best id that feature is only possible when you didnt play any matches anywhere.

Could also be great for players that come back and want to try a new class.

I really dont think anyone that wants to move regions badly enough will care about HM lvl or crafting levels..personally, id be fine with having to in effect..roll a new character and come out of the story at HM7 - as long as my gear, and cosmetics could be generated on the new region to that new character. I know that it is totally possible to do, and in creating a new character it avoids the duplicate name/character ID issue that seem to be the only real problems ncsoft describe. The items replicated are removed from the character on the original region...the player is not gaining anything other than what they want so badly - to move region and not have to grind for MONTHS to get to where they were before. I think it is a fair loss for a player to lose the HM lvl, craft lvl and even achievement points,,gold..everything! to achieve such a move...and i truly believe anyone who like me, really wants to do it will happily make those sacrifices in order to move. 

I am not suggesting ncsoft move a character - I am suggesting a new character is made on desired region..items that can be generated are generated, such as gems, outfits, weapon and accessories. And then removed completely from the old character..or that character is deleted.

18 hours ago, Cyan said:

Cheers!

Well...if there are a lot of efforts to put into transferring a character between region, all you need to do is to make a charge on the service. Maybe like 50k NCoins or something. Rather the players take the service or not is up to them. 

On 9/28/2017 at 12:48 AM, Cyan said:

Cheers!

I would be happy enough with getting my items, gear and outfits, and HM skills. And I so would pay for it. 

Archived