Lancer and Archer thoughts.

Relanah

Hey, what's up guys and gals.

Just been musing on the idea of Lancer and Archer classes given that there are so many NPC's that are seen using spears and bows. Thought I might share them here if for no other reason than because I can't sleep and I'm bored. If the ideas happen to make their way over to the Korean devs and the classes become a thing in some part because of this feedback then great and if not well, it'd be no surprise xD

Now, in no particular (But actually alphabetical) order:

Archer

Elements - Shadow/Wind

Gameplay - Ranged combatant that utilizes poison tipped arrows to do lethal damage from afar. Able to sacrifice mobility for additional damage and crit chance.

Shadow - Focus more on DoT effects, dealing bonus damage to targets afflicted by certain DoTs in their kit. Primary damage source would be a short but high damage DoT that delivers its damage over a 2 second period. Builds up "Dark Arrows" while attacking, which can be activated to cause the next few attacks to gain an increased cast time, but deal additional damage in a shorter amount of time.

Wind - Focus more on direct damage. Able to mark targets increasing critical chance and damage when they attack them. Primary damage source would be an "Aimed Shot" of sorts, with a 1-1.5s cast that deals bonus damage on critical. Builds up "Sonic Arrows" while attacking, which can be activated to become instant cast and have additional critical chance and critical damage.

Lancer

Elements - Wind/Frost

Gameplay - Tank class that has emphasis on mobility and battlefield control. Can easily reposition foes and themselves while being able to lock down multiple targets temporarily.

Wind - Focus more on self mobility and single target control. Utilizing dashes and vaults to keep mobile and avoid damage while relying on parries and wind shields to deal with incoming attacks. Features moves such as leaping over a target by vaulting with the spear off the targets head, skewering a target and flipping them over themselves and various pulls and knockbacks to keep targets positioned favourably.

Frost - Focus more on debuffing and AoE control. Utilizing chill and freeze effects to keep targets from being wholly effective, parries and ice shields help mitigate incoming attacks. Features moves such as rings of frost that chill targets in an area and upon freezing them can be detonated to deal high damage and remove the freeze, can dash through targets leaving ice crystals in their wake which detonate dealing bonus damage to chilled/frozen targets and can pull and knockback targets to keep them within their ice fields and skills.

Anyway, that's all I have for now. Let me know what you think. Or you know, don't. Whatever, don't let a rando stranger on the internet tell you what to do :/

I like the idea of a spear class. However, I also like a javelin-throwing class.

I think it is cool to have a javellin+shield class as a proper ranged tank in this game, instead of relying on the highest DPS ranged class to do makeshift ranged tank in some contents like Twin Asura. Of course, while called as ranged tank, it can do melee tank just fine, like any other ranged classes tanking in melee ranged.

+Element of choice: Earth and Lightning.

-Earth: focus on stacking various multi-target DoT on the enemy, draining them out in a long fight. It is lack of initial burst, but the longer the fight, the more DPS this build will deal.

-Lightning: focus on quick and short attack, following by occasional powerful strike. Mainly single target and sustainable DPS throughout the fight.

+Party utility:

-Rez support: the class can pull dead corpse/Chi Recovering Members to its location, and provide resist and shortern Chi Recovery Time for the latter. This help pulling party members from a death zone or too near boss to a safer place for rez. Have shorter cooldown than SF's rez-pull skills, since it does not actually rez anyone.

-Threat balance: To make up of its lack of burst, the class can balance the threat of party member. This does not only help the class itself to tank, but also support another tanker who happens to lose threat due to initial whale burst, or help a dead tank to regain his threat after rez.

-Debuff: the class can cause various debuff, which lower the target's battle prowess. Make a boss miss its attack more often, hit much weaker, or take more damage. Imagine the boss in Irontech forge where he does his triple knock-back spin, just to have all of them miss.

Javelin class does sound pretty neat. Very few games really utilize javelins at all.

Not so sure about the shield though, would that not be super annoying in PvP, much like how annoying it is in PvE when you can't do anything because nothing counts as hitting because like everything is a block...

Would also be wary about bringing in such potent boss debuffs too, I'd hate to see yet another class become a "Mandatory" class for parties, much like how everyone wants a Warlock and someone with blue buff (KFM/Sin). I haven't been looking recently but Gunslinger might be in that category too with Alpha Call for double Soulburn/Fighting Spirit - It's just, no-one needs to request a GS right now, given how many there are floating around.

Yeah, that's something I hadn't thought of but is worth noting.

I mean, I was originally thinking something slower paced purely to counter the recent Gunslinger and to an extent Force Master whom spam a bunch of stuff all the time. 'cause you know, catering to more than 1 playstyle is pretty cool.

But it would help with high ping players, as well as looking so dope when you get those big beefy crits.

To be honest, something similar could be done with the Lancer too, specifically for the Frost spec, they could make it slower and more proactionary so that high pingers could still be able to tank. While still having Wind be your bog standard sanic speed spec. Which would be super neato because I do like the classes that have significant differences between their specs, like how Fire and Shadow Gunners play completely differently with different mechanics to play around (Though, I'm not a fan of the fact that Shadow's mechanic is a DPS loss to actually utilize so they essentially don't have one). As opposed to something like Force Master where pretty much Flame and Frost play near identically except with slightly different mechanics on their cooldown skills...

On 27.09.2017 at 3:57 AM, Relanah said:

Hey, what's up guys and gals.

Just been musing on the idea of Lancer and Archer classes given that there are so many NPC's that are seen using spears and bows. Thought I might share them here if for no other reason than because I can't sleep and I'm bored. If the ideas happen to make their way over to the Korean devs and the classes become a thing in some part because of this feedback then great and if not well, it'd be no surprise xD

Now, in no particular (But actually alphabetical) order:

Archer

Elements - Shadow/Wind

Gameplay - Ranged combatant that utilizes poison tipped arrows to do lethal damage from afar. Able to sacrifice mobility for additional damage and crit chance.

Shadow - Focus more on DoT effects, dealing bonus damage to targets afflicted by certain DoTs in their kit. Primary damage source would be a short but high damage DoT that delivers its damage over a 2 second period. Builds up "Dark Arrows" while attacking, which can be activated to cause the next few attacks to gain an increased cast time, but deal additional damage in a shorter amount of time.

Wind - Focus more on direct damage. Able to mark targets increasing critical chance and damage when they attack them. Primary damage source would be an "Aimed Shot" of sorts, with a 1-1.5s cast that deals bonus damage on critical. Builds up "Sonic Arrows" while attacking, which can be activated to become instant cast and have additional critical chance and critical damage.

Lancer

Elements - Wind/Frost

Gameplay - Tank class that has emphasis on mobility and battlefield control. Can easily reposition foes and themselves while being able to lock down multiple targets temporarily.

Wind - Focus more on self mobility and single target control. Utilizing dashes and vaults to keep mobile and avoid damage while relying on parries and wind shields to deal with incoming attacks. Features moves such as leaping over a target by vaulting with the spear off the targets head, skewering a target and flipping them over themselves and various pulls and knockbacks to keep targets positioned favourably.

Frost - Focus more on debuffing and AoE control. Utilizing chill and freeze effects to keep targets from being wholly effective, parries and ice shields help mitigate incoming attacks. Features moves such as rings of frost that chill targets in an area and upon freezing them can be detonated to deal high damage and remove the freeze, can dash through targets leaving ice crystals in their wake which detonate dealing bonus damage to chilled/frozen targets and can pull and knockback targets to keep them within their ice fields and skills.

Anyway, that's all I have for now. Let me know what you think. Or you know, don't. Whatever, don't let a rando stranger on the internet tell you what to do :/

Gunner is last class.

There will be no more classes.

Honestly, there's no "Last Class" until they run out of unique element pairings. That would be a logical end to making new classes, given they seem to have deliberately avoided duplicating pairings (Also, something I considered when selecting elements for my OP)

Since, you know, more classes is a way to effectively print money by giving people a reason to roll a new character, buy more outfits, inventory space, level booster bundles, character slots etc...

If Gunslinger does end up being the last class,  then meh. Can still theorycraft for fun about potential classes (Or even races!) because why not eh?

22 hours ago, Hiendral said:

It's way too basic ...

I don't know, a class that would fight with a super long ribbon for yun, or a class that would summon a horse for some attacks.

Well, it's only as "Basic" as the ability designers imagination. Given that every single attack in the game is infused with elemental energy and Chi, there's tons of possibilities for exciting attacks and skills.

I mean, they're not as inherently flashy as other potential weapons, such as Scythes, Sickles, Nunchaku, Poharan's LMG (And the assortment of other modern military weaponry its existence enables) etc.

But they have potential.

I mostly make a thread on them because, they're a reasonable addition to the game given that there are many NPC's that utilize the weapons already, including a class focused around them gives groundwork for expanding on these NPC's as well as already having a basic idea on how to model and animate these weapons.

• 8 months later...

This game is an Eastern cultural based game, Javelin and shield don't seem eligible here :P. Spear seems like a good idea like that Wolf clan leader in the story we've seen, archers will come, NPCs are already having them tho.

On 9/28/2017 at 1:57 AM, AriShadow2 said:

Gunner is last class.

There will be no more classes.

LOL i bet your eating those words from several months ago now with warrior coming soon and there is talk of an archer class too XD

Archived