Baleful CD Reset

ToxicFish

Baleful:

Attacks have a small chance to provide "Critical Damage" buff that increases critical rate and critical damage for 12 seconds (unlike True Scorpio, this is one buff instead of two separate buffs).

Attacks have a small chance to instantly restore 100% focus.

Passive class skill effect:

Blade Master: Passively increases damage of Honed Slash/Dragontongue (including Awakened)

Kung Fu Master: Passively increases damage of Cyclone Kick/Searing Blow

Destroyer: Passively increases damage of Cleave/Eradicate

Force Master: Passively increases damage of Frost Palm

Assassin: Passively increases damage of Heart Stab/Bombard

Summoner: Passively increases damage of Rumblebees/Sunflower/Super Sunflower (including Awakened)

Blade Dancer: Passively increases damage of Sunder (including Awakened)

Warlock: Passively increases damage of Dragoncall/Dragon Helix (strangely lower than what True Scorpio offers)

Soul Fighter: Passively increases damage of Cobalt Punch/Right Punch/Left Punch (including Awakened)

Attacks have a small chance to trigger "Additional Damage" buff:

On proc, additional damage is dealt based on a percentage of your attack power. The "buff" lasts 30 seconds.

On 10 stacks of the "buff", the buff changes to "Spirit of Darkness" that lasts 10 seconds. When Spirit of Darkness expires, all skill cooldowns will be reset unless the skill specifically says it cannot be cooldown reset.

Seraph:

Attacks have a small chance to provide "Critical Damage" buff that increases critical rate and critical damage for 12 seconds (unlike True Scorpio, this is one buff instead of two separate buffs).

Attacks have a small chance to instantly restore 100% focus.

Passive class skill effect:

Blade Master: Passively reduces cooldown of Flock of Blades/Blade Call/Phoenix Wing

Kung Fu Master: Passively reduces cooldown of Leading Palm

Destroyer: Passively reduces cooldown of Fury/Persistence

Force Master: Passively reduces cooldown of Short Fuse

Assassin: Passively reduces cooldown of Poison Breath/Venom Swarm/Choke Bomb/Plaguemist

Summoner: Passively reduces cooldown of Briar Patch/Flying Nettles

Blade Dancer: Passively increases damage of Flicker (including Awakened)

Warlock: Passively reduces cooldown of Leech

Soul Fighter: Passively reduces cooldown of Focus Chi

Receiving damage has a small chance to trigger "Recovery" buff:

On proc, a flat amount of health is instantly healed. The "buff" lasts 30 seconds.

On 10 stacks of the "buff", the buff changes to "Spirit of Light" that lasts 10 seconds. When Spirit of Light expires, all skill cooldowns will be reset unless the skill specifically says it cannot be cooldown reset.

All classes except Blade Dancer and Warlock want Baleful since its a DPS increase to their main rotation.
======================================================================
How often do you plan on being hit as a gunslinger?

Thanks for the replies. I usually go Baelful for most classes, and was doubtful that it would reset the CD of Tombstone. Just thought that'd I'd ask since I did not see in Tombstone's skill description that its CD could not be reset. The reason I have been on the fence about the whole Baleful vs Seraph debate is that I felt like Gunslinger doesn't really benefit much from the CD reset, mostly due to the fact that skills in both trees have a relatively low CD. I've never felt like I've had to 'wait' for certain skills to come off cd in order to maintain my DPS (more so in fire build).

On the other hand, a flat CD decrease on Firefall for Seraph seemed like a pretty solid benefit while I was leveling, considering it is your second-best non RNG burst skill. I am beginning to lean more toward Baleful now that I have finally capped my Gunslinger however, as I have started to realize that even the bonus damage on Quickshot alone makes it superior to Seraph. 

Archived