Sign in to follow this  
Dodorina

Trove not so f2p friendly...

Beleth   

"Farm dungeons, make gold, sell gold in F9 (with those shitty rates) and buy stuff with hongmoon coins" post are incoming. Also to remind you, no matter what kind of amount you spend on this "event" it's not guaranteed that you'll get what you want. Even the premium users are getting big fat middle finger during this so called event. 

Edited by Beleth

Dodorina   
1 hour ago, Beleth said:

"Farm dungeons, make gold, sell gold in F9 (with those shitty rates) and buy stuff with hongmoon coins" post are incoming. Also to remind you, no matter what kind of amount you spend on this "event" it's not guaranteed that you'll get what you want. Even the premium users are getting big fat middle finger during this so called event. 

The funny part is that today i got a crit but couldn't see it nor take it wich kinda sucks >.<..

The daily dash only gives one chance at an item. If you don't spend money on the trove expansions, you get two choices for an item. I would think that is better than the daily dash of one item and you can't pick.

Sell gold outside of trove and hoard HM coins from venture tokens. You can open up all 6 spots and get a shit ton of keys if you got any luck with venture tokens and not spend a dime of rl money. 

Figure trove comes at the end of every season, so between now and the end of winter just sell extra gold and hoard the venture tokens. 

Kozuki   

Trove is not actually Premium Player-friendly either.

Reason: they strip out one of important Premium Players' benefits - Premium Daily Dash - during Trove, and give nothing back to compensate the absence of Daily Dash during Trove.

Hiendral   

Well I agree.

It's so frustrating to see all these cashshopers with their wonderful gems, so they get like 980 ap without any skills (yeah there are a lot of unskilled 900+) when you, you farm to the death and don't get anything...Too Bad 

zapzap77   

Trove event has always been designed to assist whales.

Only by getting a lot of keys and by unlocking slots can you truly take advantage of it.

And as far as I know the slots go back to 2 for each trove.  

And seriously? venture tokens? you are lucky to get any a day.  Most of mine have been spent to unlock more inventory and vault slots.

Sell gold? when you need it to buy the stuff in the trove? Seriously?

Extra gold? what's that? You need gold to bid on stuff in dungeons. you need gold to buy legendary elements. you need gold to craft. you need gold to transmute. You need gold to buy premium transformation stones from the marketplace. You need gold to evolve.  There is no such thing as extra gold unless you don't need stuff from the trove in the first place.

FrozenB   

well, in any online games, credit cards sweepers always win. F2P players only have advantage on a new online games, when the games get older (about 6 months later), F2P really can't catch up with P2P players. 

MCOnyx   

This trove isn't friendly even to P2P players, since drop rate and crits are way too low and weird. Last trove I was glad to buy well over 1k keys, this trove i bought around 200 and 150 or so for HM coins.

In the end, it's your loss NCSoft, you could have had my money, but you keep thinking your playerbase is dumb and will spend hard earned money on anything.

Guess what, you're wrong.

Maryelle   

Just remember that it's the people with the credit cards that are giving you the opportunity to play this game for free. NCSoft is not a charity and it needs $$$ to stay running.

On 9/26/2017 at 12:49 PM, zapzap77 said:

And seriously? venture tokens? you are lucky to get any a day.  Most of mine have been spent to unlock more inventory and vault slots.

Sell gold? when you need it to buy the stuff in the trove? Seriously?

Extra gold? what's that? You need gold to bid on stuff in dungeons. you need gold to buy legendary elements. you need gold to craft. you need gold to transmute. You need gold to buy premium transformation stones from the marketplace. You need gold to evolve.  There is no such thing as extra gold unless you don't need stuff from the trove in the first place.

That's how I did it, being premium I got a special spins on DD and the surprise prize was dropping venture tokens. So anytime I got those and the lucky land on the venture token spot I would convert them and simply not touch the hm coin. I got a few rare drops from boxes and also running all my alts through TOI to a high enough level at seasons end i got venture tokens as prizes.. It's not super hard it's mainly luck and time (for toi) and control to not spend them once you have them. 

I started to save up minute last trove ended and had enough to not only open up all slots but also to get over 100keys. (i only spent $10 or real money for more keys after i ran out of hm coins to get that last 100% crit) 

Wow. Listening to you guys is really depressing. People who have jobs and have spare money...go spend it on the game and keep it up and running.  Those who don't? Go play the game and have fun. So odd....you guys complain about Whales for spending money on the game and having no skill but then at the same time complain about how you want to be a whale and take advantage of the Trove but can't because you have no money to spend. Which is it? Do you want to buy your skills or do you want to play hard and earn them? If you just want to spend money on the game and get your skill that way then stop bitching about all the other people who are already doing it. 

Edited by Godravage

18 minutes ago, Godravage said:

Wow. Listening to you guys is really depressing. People who have jobs and have spare money...go spend it on the game and keep it up and running.  Those who don't? Go play the game and have fun. So odd....you guys complain about Whales for spending money on the game and having no skill but then at the same time complain about how you want to be a whale and take advantage of the Trove but can't because you have no money to spend. Which is it? Do you want to buy your skills or do you want to play hard and earn them? If you just want to spend money on the game and get your skill that way then stop bitching about all the other people who are already doing it. 

YES YES YES GODRAVAGE FOR PRESIDENT! I talked about this earlier in the post. F2P should feel marginalized, you should not get to experience the whole game if you are not willing to contribute to its upkeep. The good thing about BNS is that you can pay to play two different ways, real money or real time. Time is money to me, so I have no issues paying for anything in this game. I enjoy this game a ton and would love for it to be around a bit longer!

Fufia   
2 hours ago, Maryelle said:

Just remember that it's the people with the credit cards that are giving you the opportunity to play this game for free. NCSoft is not a charity and it needs $$$ to stay running.

Blablabla

1 hour ago, Godravage said:

I do not complain for Whales spending Money!

I complain for NCS give so big advantage for whales.

Yes i trove yes i buy my HM skills in F10 for my Gunner and i have all skills now!

In my WL just have 1 HM skill and i play for +6 months.

You guys really try play this game without real money or a main to help????

Here.  http://www.kita.org/global/ecoView.do?seq=19597&searchWrd=&pageIndex=1

Poor NCS need all this money to survive is not to make the max profit that they can

For lazy ppl:

By PC game, Blade & Soul raked in 39 billion won, followed by Lineage with 33.8 billion and Lineage 2 with 16.7 billion won. Sales of GuildWars II came to 13.6 billion won and Aion 10.8 billion won.

By region, sales were 174 billion won in South Korea, 28.7 billion won in North America and Europe, 10.5 billion won in Japan, and 9.3 billion won in Taiwan.

NCsoft plans to tap into its intellectual properties to unveil new games in a variety of genres. It expects to release the mobile versions of Aion and Blade & Soul by the end of the year.

zapzap77   

I never actually said that it was wrong for them to make an event to encourage use of real money.

I was just saying that using venture tokens and selling gold is not a viable way of taking true advantage of it.  

My complaint was about the people saying "use hongmoon cons and sell gold and stop whining".  Just accept that treasure trove always has been, and always will be, an event designed to benefit people who spend money the most.  

As for the person who said they were getting venture tokens from premium membership? Proves my point.  Venture tokens without premium are horribly rare.  

zapzap77: Regarding selling gold, there are a number of Asian whales that belong to a gold selling group. They hire a myriad of sweatshop gold farmers, who most often cheats, to farm gold for them. The gold sellers sell the gold to western players in exchange for Ncoins. It's much cheaper this way, but I question the legality of this practice. 

FrozenB   
6 hours ago, Maryelle said:

Yes. It is true, but with F2P players, those people with credit cards can play among themselves everyday and then complain why the game is so dead. When they get bored, they move to the next game.

That's why most of the online games now are F2P. It needs both F2P and P2P players in order to make the game survive. 

Maryelle   

Let's be real. Trove is like Chrirstmas. It happens at the same time every year. It doesn't come out of no where; it's not surprise!Trove. You know months in advance. You can be the person who saves your money to buy Christmas presents or you can be the person who last minute decides maybe it's time to get those gifts only to realise you're broke af.

Now, substitude money with HM coins and Christmas with Trove and you have a bunch of players complaining about not having the ability to trove.  Unless you are literally a new player, Trove didn't come out of nowhere. We knew months ago. That's months to F9 a little bit of gold a day, farm the Cinderlands dailies for venture tokens, or heaven forbid, save $25 for some NCoin you'll need in a few months. I've been playing this game since day one. In that entire time, I have only met ONE player who legitimately could not afford to spend even a penny on the game, even if given time to save up.

F2P entitlement is a thing. You want a free game that gives you the same things that people who pay for the game get. NCSoft has a responsibility to its shareholders to make money. It makes money by enticing people to spend money on the game. You play for free because other people spend money on the game.

Trove is not fair. It was never meant to be. Could it be improved? Sure. Even as a P2P player, I would love to see them remove gems and add more outfits and pets. Trove is what it is and even as a paying player I understand NCSoft gives zero shits about my feedback.

To address some points made by various people:

• Someone said that currency in game is either money or time. You either buy your stuff or spend time grinding your stuff. This is a half truth. Even P2P people have to grind. 
  • Someone also said that high AP does not equate to actual skill. This is true.
  • Did premium players get venture tokens from daily dash?  You bet your RNG we did. It was rare. Some people are premium players and they don't buy a single NCoin. Don't lump us all in the one basket.
  • Do all premium or P2P people swipe to win? NO. Some of us use cash.
  • Do all premium or P2P people only run with each other? NO. FFS. There is this idea out there that all high AP people must be P2W and only run with each other. This is BS. My AP is not in what people call "whale" territory. I haven't even run the dungeon after Desolate Tomb once. I hit LFP in F8. I don't care who I run  with as long as they are willing to work and be kind.
  • The game would be dead without free players. NO, the game would be dead without ALL players. Players who pay and players who don't keep the game running on different levels and keep the server populations healthy.