Questions about Gunslinger.

Chronix

Hello,

I have a few questions that I'm not entirely sure of what to pick or how it works, etc.

Question 1:

Shadow or Fire for pve? I've been hearing alot of people say that Shadow is the go to spec for pve (dungeons, raids). Now when I run around in the game I tend to see alot more Fire gunners, people having fire badges, souls, flame accessory. And I did some testing myself on a boss and for me fire and shadow over the course of a 5-10 mins fight end up almost exactly the same (I don't have a Badges or Soul, Questing gear). The only thing that might push fire lower is the fact that I could stand still for Bullet Storms whole duration everytime I used it which I doubt will be possible in dungeons with actual mechanics. (I dislike Tombstone Move 1 for Fire, is Move 2 so far behind?) Also I heard fire might get a nerf and shadow isn't if this is true then shadow is the obvious winner I suppose.

Question 2:

Triggers Quick Reload can anyone explain me what this does or is that only that your reload animation is far faster? Also I've seen alot of videos of gunners barely reloading or somehow use it that fast u can't see it (ani-cancel)?

Question 3:

Martial Skill on the badges, what does this do?

Question 4:

For Fire and for Shadow I heard people say to keep Tombstone for after Soulburn? Does this apply for both or can you just use it during Soulburn?

Sorry for my big wall of text, hope someone can bring some clarification.

Thanks for reading!

1. Shadow is the more sustainable dps spec so for pve it is considered stronger. That being said most boss fights don't last long enough to see a difference between shadow and fire dps, so the burst dps is comparable to the sustain of shadow. Another reason many are going fire is because it's also the spec you want for high ranking's in ToI and PvP outside of Arena. Fire gets a buff for us later and becomes the pve spec, and yes there is a rumor going around that fire might get nerfed in KR (would be quite a long ways for us if it were to happen). Reason many don't like fire like Nodah says in his youtube vids is that it is too RNG dependant. The proc rate on your rmb for bullets can make or break your dps if its a long fight.

2. Triggers Quick Reload is exactly what you think, reload animation is alot faster. The videos you are watching are mainly from other servers that are ahead of us in patches and have access to accessories that trigger recovery of focus (unsure of which one it is that does it).

3. I am guessing you are talking about the Eternity Soul Badge, Martial Skill applies to everything that uses focus, meaning during that time you can use skills without focus.

4. It's a dps decrease for both fire and shadow it's just better to use it after soulburn.

15 minutes ago, xKalidrenx said:

1. Shadow is the more sustainable dps spec so for pve it is considered stronger. That being said most boss fights don't last long enough to see a difference between shadow and fire dps, so the burst dps is comparable to the sustain of shadow. Another reason many are going fire is because it's also the spec you want for high ranking's in ToI and PvP outside of Arena. Fire gets a buff for us later and becomes the pve spec, and yes there is a rumor going around that fire might get nerfed in KR (would be quite a long ways for us if it were to happen). Reason many don't like fire like Nodah says in his youtube vids is that it is too RNG dependant. The proc rate on your rmb for bullets can make or break your dps if its a long fight.

Thanks alot for your responses!

The thing is at this moment fire and shadow do close the same dps for me over a 5 even 10 minute fight (I consider this pretty long no?). This is why Im wondering why shadow would be better. Do badges and higher gear scale better with shadow atm or something? I'm at 740 AP so real basic gear. Fire does 25k dps for me while Shadow does 25.5k over 10 mins.

And do you know if Tombstone Move 1 is far better then Tombstone Move 2? Because I realy dislike it putting you in place like that. It might result in getting no use of Tombstone if u have to move.

tombstone move 1 is for pve and is where alot of your burst comes from for fire, I usually would wait for sb to wear off and then depending on the boss decide when to use it (usually after the boss does a move i have to iframe cause then i know i have time to make full use of my tab). the move 2 is for pvp for the defense and parry penetration.

if a fight is 5 minutes or less you wont notice much difference between the two specs, longer tho shadow should perform better unless it is because of rotation or ping issues.

shadow can lower cd of its 4 with its rmb and also its 3 is not rng reliant

11 minutes ago, SHINIGAMI KIRA said:

Hi guys. Just need some help. Can you tell me how to change my fire skills to shadow skills? Is there any requirement befor3 you can change? Im already lvl22 but the shadow skills button in the skills menu is colored gray and cant press it.. Help please

Complete Act 1, Chapter 18

57 minutes ago, Richtofen said:

Complete Act 1, Chapter 18

Thanks a lot sir. Now i know. I got worried because i saw some lvl20 gunslinger using shadow skills and im already lvl22 but still no access to the shadow skills. I thought i made a mistake or missed some quest or itesm. Im still on chapter 17. Thanks again for the help.

• 2 weeks later...

A new question.

I've seen some videos about gunslingers using undertaker without hitting something and it draining lightspeed.

Is this an update we are still gonna get or is this something that already got nerfed and those are old korean videos?

Archived