High ping after maintenance

FreezaFX

I thought i was the only one having this issue, it happens to me every single maintenance, some time i cannot even play at all after that.

And it's very disappointing, it's supposed the server will have better performance after maintenance, not worst.

Yep , it's the crappy BNS servers , in the past it was very often the telia nodes connecting to NC servers but since the gunner patch the problems stems directly from NC servers. I ran a few pingplotter tests and there is 0 packet drops or latency spikes in between me and the bns servers so routing is not to blame.Currently it has  affected me and a lot of my friends it's so bad for melee chars that we just don't even bother trying to play anymore apart from doing DC. I've monitored the open world and F8 game servers in the windows resource monitor and both intermittently spike from 60-90 to 300.

Unfortunately I don't think this will get any better until a large playerbase starts complaining, unlike the ddos situation ranged chars usually have a less pronounced effect from this while melees get shafted the most so it's not brought up very often.

Your ping increase happens because after maintenance or any major patch majority of the players in the game are rushing in back to the game to play. That will cause tremendous amounts of stress on the servers causing lag spikes and some fps loss as well for some players so not much you can do about that unless they manage to make the server performance better during rush hours and thats not really an easy task.

1 hour ago, Amarathiel said:

Your ping increase happens because after maintenance or any major patch majority of the players in the game are rushing in back to the game to play. That will cause tremendous amounts of stress on the servers causing lag spikes and some fps loss as well for some players so not much you can do about that unless they manage to make the server performance better during rush hours and thats not really an easy task.

Aye but they need to address it , it's getting worse every major patch ,back then it was only during patch day then 2 days and I think after gunner patch it did not improve for me until Sunday 

I'm telling you, guys! My ping is not coming back down to the usual amount of ms.

I have other games tested here and that's not me or my internet issues, it has to be the NCWest servers. I don't know why, but only Blade and Soul is going high with no reason.

Please, report here if you are having some trouble with your ping after the last maintenance or longer than that. Maybe they do something to fix.

1 hour ago, lCatoblepasl said:

Hello. I'm from Brazil and my issue is with the host located in Texas. I use pingzapper and I used to get about 150~160ms.
Now I'm getting about 180~200ms.
You guys know what is happening? Is it related to those major hurricanes?

It's not the hurricanes its just their servers, it has always been a thing but post server merges it just got worse as back in the day your ping would usually go back to normal after a day or so

40 minutes ago, FreezaFX said:

I'm telling you, guys! My ping is not coming back down to the usual amount of ms.

I have other games tested here and that's not me or my internet issues, it has to be the NCWest servers. I don't know why, but only Blade and Soul is going high with no reason.

Please, report here if you are having some trouble with your ping after the last maintenance or longer than that. Maybe they do something to fix.

It won't come back for a while Freeza if it's anything like last week mine only started to stabilize late Sunday to Monday.

You guys can check for yourselves with the resource monitor , notice that the IP ending by 228 is the F8 cross servers and 236 the open world one but in this case disregard it as when you are in F8 it is naturally high. From my testing the F8 game server is a lot more unstable and keeps spiking constantly whereas the world server is a bit more stable but will still spike to 250-300+

https://imgur.com/fFhWiH7

22 hours ago, lCatoblepasl said:

Like I said before, I used to get between 150ms~160ms.
This is what I'm getting now. I know this isn't related to the game.
That's why I'm worried about the Dallas route. I heard the game servers are located there.
20ms may look like something minor, but the impact is huge.
https://imgur.com/a/AoXRh

Catoblepas I'm pretty sure ping went up for everbody a bit.

Fun fact I invite everybody lagging to go spar a friend in arena, you will find that all your skills go full speed and the arena servers are unaffected by the lag that plagues F8 and world servers

Well your connection speed and route also affect it as well as PC specs. My ping for example is always been unaffected and unless i have a bad day with ISP its always very low(around90-120 which translates to 45ms~ ping connection + 50-120ms~ more depending how fast server processes my data and sends it back to me) and i dont leave close to the servers. Same with fps and all the things half of the people seem to complain about. So in the end i find it hard to believe its only servers fault, but thats just my opinion.

dude! i have no more than 20ms in all other games i play. only BnS is giving me 400ms since the last maintenance... can't be my internet connection.

i already repaired files and reinstall stuff. still...

i really don't know what's going on, but the problem can't be me. my usual ping at BnS is about 200ms and that's good for me, but no fun with 400ms+

10 hours ago, Cookiewarrior said:

Fun fact I invite everybody lagging to go spar a friend in arena, you will find that all your skills go full speed and the arena servers are unaffected by the lag that plagues F8 and world servers

and the same is inside the arenas. there's no place i can play with less than that.

It's completely crappy.

Today was my clan's BT raid and after every boss I get a spike of 500-2000 ms and end up getting DC'd.
When I log in again, I can move around for approximately 1 minute and I get kicked out again with a DC error, therefor never able to complete boss 4, since I'm kicked out before I even get to that room. The party decided to continue without me and cleared the boss with 11, and then cut me from the rewards since it was just 79g.

I've played the game since january 2016 and never had any issues. This all started since the past maintenance.

There is some serious crap going on with the servers or the routing.

If it was on my end, I could deal with it. But the entire time I was still connected on Discord and my clanmates heard me complain about it. So there was nothing wrong on my end connection-wise.

There can be multiple reasons for the lag and high ping, im not saying its not servers fault but if it was 100% servers fault every single player would have huge ping and lagspikes constantly and that is not the case. That said it most likely is the routing or something between you and the server.

Lets say your connection goes from England to Franch to German where eu servers are located. Now if the ISP provider at Franch desides to be a douche and put you on really bad route thats gonna cause some real issues when servers already arent that good. In this particular example you and ncsoft cant do anything about it to fix it, why? Because ncsoft doesnt own the ISP routing at Franch. 

Thats just 1 example as to what might be causing these issues, there are many more. It isnt just 1 thing.

Another reason for the unusually high ping and lags can be the actual connection, the way it is done. How the connections work in BnS is wayyyy different than what it is in other mmos meaning things that normally dont cause disconnects in normal mmos will do so in BnS. 1 example being IP address leasing time, if that expires while you are playing you will get a dc.

i'm hoping for the next Wednesday when maintenance is over it's get better, get back to my usual ping at all... i can't play like this. i really don't know what's going on,  but i had lots of tests done here and can't be me! no other game or program is experiencing high latency for any situation.

it become this issue just after the 'market place maintenance' that we had last week. why? /tears 

Archived