Yunsang counter on multi use abilities

Czahariusz

I wanted to kill Yunsang today, but it turned out to be impossible. I play Warlock and i can't simply disable my V once its active when Yunsang spins or counters. When he grabs me from his AoE stune (which also bugs sometimes and hits me after i jumped) I can't use Reversal, because it causes me to roll back, and then he grabs me again to inflict debuff. I cant use ANY escape ability most of the time, because it causes me to roll back, WHICH CAUSES YUNSANG TO GRAB ME, He also sometimes skips animations, while i hold Quell, and i cant jump up in 0,3 sec on 140 ping at the minimum (because NCSoft servers are just awesome...)

I have 803 ap and hm 10, and any other class can do it without any problems, because they do not roll back on every ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ing escape skill, and have loads of iframes while I have one (which makes me roll back) and z, which cd is 36 seconds. I also can't use Quell while I am moving, and in order to block a skill i need to stop moving (which every ranged class has to do), wait 0,5 second and then i am allowed to block something. But, of course, when i use Quell and my V is about to do 2nd or 3rd hit, I get stunned, and unless i am already further than 10 meters and I can time my escape with his dash, I am unable to do anything. Before any retard types something like "learn mechanics first, then do bosses" I could only bring him down to 800k hp, before his bugs killed me. (stunned twice in a row by his jump stune, which i jumped over, yet i got hit by it.

I am not saying it is not possible, but with my gear, ap and experience it shouldn't be such a problem. Seraph cd reset maybe could have helped me, but i have never got a single one in my entire life. Therefore I am forced to resign, before i can burst him faster.

I don't know what is NCsoft doing with all the money they get from this p2w game, but certainly, they do not use it to make their servers better. (By the way, League of Legends is a free, not pay to win game, and somehow they manage to maintain their servers at a perfectly good shape, with constant low ping with 100 milion players monthly  (source https://dotesports.com/league-of-legends/league-of-legends-number-of-players-14488, september 2016)

This is only one drop in the ocean of problems this game is dealing with, so I have only 2 words to say to the developers - ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ You.

Don't feel bad you aren't the only class that has issues, Summoners aren't much better when it comes to yungsang as we have the same issue with the escapes. One shoots us beyond 10m even if we are close to him and before we ever hit the ground he's grabbed us and one shot our ass. If we use our 1 escape to send us to the cat there is an extremely high chance of not only it failing but the cat having been knocked back over 10m and boom.. insta dead. Our F roll is a joke, never triggers.

I play with 130 ping on average and dodging some of his attacks are hard as hell. and it's not like how mushins used to be where if you wanted to do it you could (or prior to the weapon changes needing to run certain floors for weapon upgrades, but you could still buy them through the merchant in the lobby) now you HAVE to run yungsang to get to upgrade your bracelet.. unless you get super lucky and get it off a lower floor. 

It took me 20+ run just to finally kill Yunsang and it took me close to 4mins so don't get deppressed. You aren't the only one having issue with him. That guy is an ass. Plus, as a ranged player, it's tough as well since if you are about 6-7+ meters away from him, he'll rush you and either knee you or apply that deadly instant kill debuff. That's the biggest thing about him that I hate.

As a range class it took me around 5 tries and each time with the weapon at 100% and stayed till it broke.

After you kill him 2/3 times he becomes stupid easy to kill...  it's true it's annoying, because if you get to far from him he will rush you and either give you the buff or kill you.

As a range it's safe to keep a 8 / 10 distance also keep in mind after the stun phase it's best to stay at a maximum 9 m range from him to avoid the rush... I normally stay at 8 or 7.. but try to avoid the thing the puts on the ground.. it dose enough dmg.

Always jump when he dose the long spin, easy to dodge and when he dose the 3 jumps..  nothing much to be done about that just to time it right, if you fail that the jump you more or less fail the boss.

I can take 2 hits from the wave but then no other mistakes and if my tab is not on cd and I have good pots off cd as well, if not, it dose too much dmg.

All in all now his easy and can be done in around a minute I guess or two... and first time I killed him it took me 4:40 ... a drop of 2 minutes, it's just a matter to know what will happen next.

Practice makes perfect and you will be able to burst him down and just dodge the mech.

"I wanted to kill Yunsang today, but it turned out to be impossible."

It's not impossible, but it takes time and practice. As a WL main, my first three-dozen(ish) attempts were failures and my first victory left me with 3 sec. on the enrage timer. And that was before they gave us joint attacks on X for daze and KD. Now, I can do it almost blindfolded (almost). You'd probably want more than 803 AP to do this, as that leaves very little room for error, even if you do get his rotations and mechs down. Your crit rate and dmg also matter.

"I play Warlock and i can't simply disable my V once its active when Yunsang spins or counters."

If Wingstorm is active, you'll want to turn your character away if he enters his counter animation. Since you're using seraph, you should get a lot of uptime on leech/insta-wingstorm, so you can afford to mis-direct it and not suffer the punish.

"When he grabs me from his AoE stune (which also bugs sometimes and hits me after i jumped) I can't use Reversal, because it causes me to roll back, and then he grabs me again to inflict debuff."

Delay your recovery, you don't want to use it immediately. Give it about .5-.7 sec before hitting recovery and his grab will hit you during your invincibility frames, leaving him close enough to avoid grabbing again. Instinctively, most people go straight for recovery and get caught with the tech-chase. 

"have loads of iframes while I have one (which makes me roll back) and z, which cd is 36 seconds."

You might want to practice facing your character in different directions before SS'ing. This allows you to i-frame attacks, without retreating to the full range. Think of it as a movement option, in a way. Once you understand his attack pattern a bit better, you actually won't have to use Z, unless you're healing or covering for a mistake. If the three jumps are bothering you, you can possibly save the Z i-frame for then, since what really hurts you is recovering from the CC in time for the other shockwaves. For many of the other attacks, such as his spin, knee, and uppercut, they can be blocked. You may also want to have you thrall out and specced for threat, to distract Yunsang, slow down the fight and give yourself some breathing room, at times.

As to the rest, yeah, he can get funky at times and it's frustrating, but keep at it. I think your first move is what I wrote above, and that's to get your AP up a bit and possibly other stats. Different classes have different degrees of difficulty, but you can do it.

Archived