victor122

Coming back- is it worth it?

Hi. So after about 6 months away, I've begun thinking of maybe coming back to the game. It's not because of the new class, as I never really liked gunslingers in any MMO, but because I used to really enjoy this. But I've noticed the great downsizing of the servers, and their merger, which according to my experience, indicates the fast decline of an MMO. So, is it worth coming back to what I read now read, is a lag fest?. I've also read about the changes they've made to my old main, the Warlock, which disappointed me. But, as I have several alts (FM, SUM, SF), I wondered to which one it's worth coming back to? 

P.S. I really like this game and hope it doesn't die. Ever. 

Thanks in advance to whoever contributes his two cents :) 

Caex   

game wont die due to whales honestly. If you dont mind being stuck behind long grind walls as you work on your legendaries then you should be fine

Game is great if you can push pass that

Therapyx   

well, my came back was exactly 3 weeks ago after rly huge break(more than 1 year). Had almost nacked char with 400 or 450 ap :D I took 1 week holiday and prepared my main char and 2 alts to be able to do daily challenge with them all.  (DC was made easier and gives more profit, so i u can do it with 5 alts - do it :D)

First achievement is to get at least 800-850, otherwise you will be kicked from lobby party searching for 90-95% of time.  Second one is to farm DT for getting leg necklare and 9AP achivement. At this time find a group or guild to farm NS NF to get leg bracelet and belt.

For these parts you will need rly a lot of time on new character.

About laggs... as always, sometimes they exist. But i think it's ok for me even as kfm, coz I live in Germany and my ping isn't so bad (but could be better). After next 2 weeks farming and 200 trove keys I have 970AP now. If you don't plan to donate for this or find a group for no life farming - you can increase this time x3 or x4 :D

FM, Sum, SF are not strong ping depended(pve), you can chose one which you mostly like. 

And I thought same about online after merging all servers, but overall the online is rly good, i can easily find a party even at deep night.

Edited by Therapyx

8 hours ago, eric11zhao said:

You can try gun, pretty fun to play but a brain dead class just hold lmb to kill everything in pve

Yeah... that's why I don't like the gun based classes. I like a challenge when I'm playing. A brain-dead class is not for me, even though some people will say that FMs are that kind class, which I don't agree with.

SalemK   

As a gunner I don't see how you're holding lmb to kill anything since that is reload button xD if you're only holding "rmb" during boss fights as well then I recommend you learn your correct rotation. It involves more than just holding down rmb and to me pretty much every class only press like 2 or 3 buttons for a basic rotation/anicancel. Example, kfm 2rf or 2f, sum lmb and rmb, destro lmb and rmb, fm lmb, rmb, 2/1, etc... So really just play the class that you enjoy the most or else you'll get bored rather quickly.

Venkas   
1 hour ago, SalemK said:

As a gunner I don't see how you're holding lmb to kill anything since that is reload button xD if you're only holding "rmb" during boss fights as well then I recommend you learn your correct rotation. It involves more than just holding down rmb and to me pretty much every class only press like 2 or 3 buttons for a basic rotation/anicancel. Example, kfm 2rf or 2f, sum lmb and rmb, destro lmb and rmb, fm lmb, rmb, 2/1, etc... So really just play the class that you enjoy the most or else you'll get bored rather quickly.

They never played the class. If they did, they would know to hit optimal DPS on either spec takes more than holding down one button lol.

Flame has a few skills to throw in its rotation as it builds the explosion shots.

Dark has the "Darkness" mechanic so you CAN'T spam lmb without setting up for it. 

Like, get the class to lvl 20+ first please.

Aphotic   

Hold LMB... lol, you've not played the class at all :P It's hold RMB and spam 4 off CD and F when it procs to win, sheesh ezpz.

Aventa   
7 hours ago, victor122 said:

Yeah... that's why I don't like the gun based classes. I like a challenge when I'm playing. A brain-dead class is not for me, even though some people will say that FMs are that kind class, which I don't agree with.

Hey there, as someone who has been a FM main since release gunslinger isn't nearly as different as you think. Honestly it's actually everything I wish FM would have been from the start lol. On FM our 1 skill is forced to either be a block or our main ember stacking method, it always was a shame to have to choose. For Gunslinger in shadow build our 1 is a block with a CC tacked onto it and our 3 skill now applies our equivalent to burn. Short fuse and meteor are replaced by moonshine/firefall and our tab is our burst button. Outside of that the ani cancel is RMB>4>F off cooldown, while for FM it's our RMB>LMB>2 rotation while keeping up our dragonblaze/ember buffs. In all honesty after playing FM for around a year and a half gunslinger is kind of a breathe of fresh air...especially nice having a few extra i-frames on tap in PvE lol. Honestly if you prefer the game for it's pve I wouldn't write gunner off because people call it a brainless class, I liked it because of it's similarities to FM. If you play the game predominately for pvp though, stick with FM as pvp on FM still feels more fluid once you get the hang of it.

Edited by Aventa

On 22.9.2017 at 10:19 AM, Aventa said:

Hey there, as someone who has been a FM main since release gunslinger isn't nearly as different as you think. Honestly it's actually everything I wish FM would have been from the start lol. On FM our 1 skill is forced to either be a block or our main ember stacking method, it always was a shame to have to choose. For Gunslinger in shadow build our 1 is a block with a CC tacked onto it and our 3 skill now applies our equivalent to burn. Short fuse and meteor are replaced by moonshine/firefall and our tab is our burst button. Outside of that the ani cancel is RMB>4>F off cooldown, while for FM it's our RMB>LMB>2 rotation while keeping up our dragonblaze/ember buffs. In all honesty after playing FM for around a year and a half gunslinger is kind of a breathe of fresh air...especially nice having a few extra i-frames on tap in PvE lol. Honestly if you prefer the game for it's pve I wouldn't write gunner off because people call it a brainless class, I liked it because of it's similarities to FM. If you play the game predominately for pvp though, stick with FM as pvp on FM still feels more fluid once you get the hang of it.

This helps a lot. Maybe I will make a gunslinger after all. Anyone else has suggestions?

KzE   
51 minutes ago, victor122 said:

Anyone else has suggestions?

There is an event, leveling is now faster. Make a gunslinger, level it to 50 HM8. You get a starter legendary weapon, upgrade it to stage 1, later 4 and after that 7. Get pinnacle accs from lower level dungeons, change them for basic elemental accs from higher level dungeons. Get soul shield set from MSP and fuse crit. This is like 3-4 weeks. Game completed.